Halo 4 multiplayer does NOT work for me. At my wits end.

Mandi Lynne Sterling

So I was really excited for Halo 4, and I went to the midnight release and picked up my copy for a wopping $60.00.

Cool.

I then find out I need to go out and purchase a flashdrive just to play the game. Okay whatever. An additional 40.00 spent.

So I go home to play, did everything correctly as far as installing with disc 2 and popping the play disc in and starting up the game, and BAM. Every single time I try and join infinity matchmaking it connects me, I see the other players , I vote on a map, it counts down and then my game resets. Takes me back to the beginning sponsors and main menu. Every single time.

I am absolutely 100% connected to xbox live. AND other games like call of duty and borderlands work perfectly fine online.

My player status says "Not joinable". I have messed around with the settings, making sure I am set up to play online, and that I am connected.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have purchased an entirely new flashdrive thinking this was the problem. I have returned my halo 4 and gotten a different copy. I have tried every single thing I could POSSIBLY think of.

I also am not able to join any of my friends games. It's infuriating. So much wasted money.

I called xbox support, and waited over an HOUR on the phone with the guy who had no idea what to do to fix the issue, inevitably saying he just didn't know, and "sorry".

I'm just livid at this point. Here I am negative -$120.00 and the game STILL will not play.

I feel helpless. And the worse part is, I have seen several other posts about people complaining of the SAME issue, and have gotten zero replies.

Right now I want to throw this game in the trash.

My friend had something like this happen. No idea what he did, but I believe he messed with his internet settings on his computer.

Try the easy thing. Unplug your routers cord, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in.

Also you spent way too much for a flash drive. You could have found a 16 gb one for $10-$20 easily.

If you have space on the flash for both disks I'd say install them and see if that helps. Maybe some sort of verification conflict is arising when the machine is trying to read from both the flash drive and the CD drive. You have disk 1 in the XBOX when attempting to play, correct?

Hmm that's interesting. I can see how that might happen. How would I go about installing the play disc to the flash drive?

I too am having this issue. Except it's 4 maps I cannot play and I get a dirty disc pop up when loading the game with my hard drive install. Game works somewhat fine with a USB stick but I also installed game to USB stick and got the same pop up dirty disc MSG so I uninstalled

Delete the Disk 2 Installed files, then attempt to do a reinstall using the Install From XBOX Live option. There's a thread on the Waypoint forums titled "Issues Being Investigated", this is one of the issues, and that is one of the suggested solutions.

Other games have had issues with the 4GB 360, you'd think they'd have the kinks worked out by now.

I am SO fed up. I have tried EVERY suggestion on here, it has been over 2 weeks and I STILL can't play and can't get ANY help from 343 industries OR Xbox. What a load of crap and horrible customer service.

That can't be more true.

As for the problem, it happened to me, but all I had to do was delete the disc 2 content and reinstall it. And unfortunately, anything I thought of ended up being in this thread. I'll let you know if I can figure something out. I hope your problem gets fixed before, OP.

With all the changing of equipment it seems that it could be that the Xbox is the problem and not the game itself.

Or it is possible that some file was corrupted during the downloading process.

Have you just tried clearing the cache for your xbox? That is usually the first thing the xbox customer service people tell you.

Having the EXACT same problem, except I will occasionally get to forge on maps/play on maps that I would normally not be able to play on... Just to make matters worse, a purple screen will pop up during the sponsors, and will then say the disc is unreadable... The worst part is I'm not even sure I 343 can fix this bug. I'm not sure if I can't play because I have a flàsh drive, or because I have the original Xbox. Damn, this is SO frustrating!