How 343 Borrowed From COD

fred24

There are an alarming number of ways in which 343 attempted to build a successful game by mimicking COD:

1) loadouts

2) grenade indicators

3) killcam

4) ordinance drops

5) point system, instead of kill number

6) ** Spartan Ops, comparable to Spec Ops

Halo 4 nerfs good players, and tries to make the game interesting to new players with easy kills and unlockable abilities. In reality, 343 has ended the unique and competitive experience that was Halo.

This "evolution" is just an attempt to outsell COD.

Bungie is laughing their heads off, as 343 attempts to outperform COD by imitation.

Ultimately they all derived from Wolfenstein 3D, Maze war etc.

That's like whining about the English language because it has fragments of other languages in it.

These accusations are so idiotic.

Blops 2 Has 'Active Camo' so what? "Invisibility" isn't copyrighted. Nor did Halo come up with it.

Halo has Loadouts, It has had them for a while, long before CoD did.

Points System: OH NO! COD totally came up with that!!!

Bungie is not laughing at 343, as the majority of Bungie's previous employees are working with 343. Bungie is also busy with their new game.

• Like 4

The game will die when they change so much in the direction of CoD that the loyal hardcore halo players stop playing it. These changes might make new players happy but those players are fickle and will be gone in a month anyway. The loyal players are the ones who keep the matchmaking going strong years after release. Im so tired of seeing this game defended by people who play a couple of hundred games of reach or halo 3 when players who play thousands and thousands of games have an issue with it. you defended the points system? tell me what logical sense there is to it. the only reason for putting that in halo 4 is copying CoD. 1 kill should be 1 point like normal people count, the point system is idiotic. Also nobody cares about how innovative these ideas are they are mad that they made an effort to copy CoD because we think halo is better and doesnt need to copy an inferior game. We are mad because these changes made the game worse.

The game will die when they change so much in the direction of CoD that the loyal hardcore halo players stop playing it. These changes might make new players happy but those players are fickle and will be gone in a month anyway. The loyal players are the ones who keep the matchmaking going strong years after release. Im so tired of seeing this game defended by people who play a couple of hundred games of reach or halo 3 when players who play thousands and thousands of games have an issue with it. you defended the points system? tell me what logical sense there is to it. the only reason for putting that in halo 4 is copying CoD. 1 kill should be 1 point like normal people count, the point system is idiotic. Also nobody cares about how innovative these ideas are they are mad that they made an effort to copy CoD because we think halo is better and doesnt need to copy an inferior game. We are mad because these changes made the game worse.

I played Halo CE, I also played over 20,000 GAMES in Halo 2 not to mention the amount I played in Halo 3. You should just go take your game back for the sake of the Halo community. No one wants to hear your ranting about 343 copying CoD, NO ONE. The points system is the best system to use in order to implement unlock-able items and such. If you have a better way to do this then by all means please put it out their genius. You can not disgrace a game for trying to be the best. In all honesty, I don't want Halo 4 to be like all the other Halo's because I guarantee you I would probably get bored a lot quicker than playing this one. I do wish Halo 2 was still playable on a server just to bring back old times but Halo 4 did a great job.

There are an alarming number of ways in which 343 attempted to build a successful game by mimicking COD:

1) loadouts

2) grenade indicators

3) killcam

4) ordinance drops

Halo 4 nerfs good players, and tries to make the game interesting to new players with easy kills and unlockable abilities. In reality, 343 has ended the unique and competitive experience that was Halo.

Bungie is laughing their heads off, as 343 attempts to outperform COD by imitation.

There were video game reviews out MONTHS before Halo 4's release. There were GAME PLAY videos out WEEKS before the release of Halo 4..I knew all about the points system, ordinance drops, etc. long before the game was even released and yet you still bought it, and still are complaining about it. Return it for your money back and by all means go get the "Real" CoD.

• Like 2

Posted Today, 01:53 AM

And yet you bought the game, and contributed to the $220 Million game.

-- Actually, I didn't. I waited until it came out to see what it was like. I don't want to give my money to 343 if they settle artistically and intellectually to Microsoft's needs financially.

The 220 million still is projected to not beat the next COD sales.

7) instaspawn

These features (1-7) are not exclusive to COD, but COD is outselling Halo. In 343's attempt to beat COD, they just integrated a lot of features from the top selling game. Ridiculous.

Ultimately they all derived from Wolfenstein 3D, Maze war etc.

That's like whining about the English language because it has fragments of other languages in it.

These accusations are so idiotic.

Blops 2 Has 'Active Camo' so what? "Invisibility" isn't copyrighted. Nor did Halo come up with it.

Halo has Loadouts, It has had them for a while, long before CoD did.

Points System: OH NO! COD totally came up with that!!!

Bungie is not laughing at 343, as the majority of Bungie's previous employees are working with 343. Bungie is also busy with their new game.

Wrong only Like 3-4.

The rest of Bungie went to EA for contracts on games or something.

The points system is the best system to use in order to implement unlock-able items and such. If you have a better way to do this then by all means please put it out their genius.

Lol should i put it out their genius? Lol first off i dont care at all about unlockable items. All i care about is game play. Reach did a fine job of rewarding credits for leveling and buying stuff from the armory while keep the game counting the score like non retards would. The game doesnt need to change to keep it interesting, ive been playing basketball since i was 5 with pretty much no changes and i love it all the same.Only changes i need are graphic updates and new maps with a new campaign and id be very happy.

• Like 1

1) loadouts

2) grenade indicators

3) killcam

4) ordinance drops

You are putting this all on 343..did 343 make halo reach? i think not..bungie was heading in this direction with reach, and now the idea is fully realised you have a problem with it? don't get me wrong, i would love for things to go back to how they were in halo 2/3 i prefer halo 3 but that doesn't mean i'm going to waste my time complaining about different things have become.

you can compare it to CoD all you want but this game is still fun as hell, halo CE lan parties were fun as hell, Halo 2 was fun as hell, Halo 3 was fun as hell and guess what shock fkin horror halo 4 is fun as hell. (i did not include reach because i hated the multiplayer)

Halo 4 is your manwich..so stfu and eat

Every element in this world has been inspired by another. Otherwise we'd never move forward. In gaming, if ideas and concepts of other previous titles were never used then we'd still be playing games as simple as Pong and PacMan. Halo:CE stole many ideas FYI.

1) loadouts

With previous Halos, the community was split on "what should be the starting weapon". There was a huge debate on the balance of the weapon playground, which was instigated by the weak starting weapon like in H2 and H3. And the solution was BR starts.

Loadouts allow everyone to use the weapons they want, and different set-ups give you different options and tactics. It's better than forcing a select group to start with a weapon that they don't necessarily want to use like SMG starts in H2 or AR starts in H3 for example.

It gives you the ability to switch your spawn items in order to defend yourself against certain attackers. Previous Halos had a horrible ability to give power weapons and vehicles a great advantage toward controlling a spawn. Typically the BR gave you an ability, however not against Vehicles and so the Loadouts allow you to be able to fight at the spawn on certain maps, in certain situations, and get into the action right away; it makes the game more dynamic. But on the contrary, it decreases the satisfaction of finally breaking a spawn when the enemy has you pinned to the point where you just hide (I like balance better though).

Also, it seems the majority accept now (which many never did in H2 or H3) that you spawn with a reliable mid-ranged weapon with a close-quarters weapon to use when the situation arises.

2) grenade indicators

It makes grenade kills a little more challenging. If focuses more on weapon choice and player movement and decisions rather than just flood a room with grenades like previous noob-catering games like H2 and H3. But maybe that's what people want lol. H:CE didn't have a huge focus on grenades other than using as a vehicle support option, mainly because the Magnum killed fast enough to balance the 2 weapons.

3) killcam

This doesn't change gameplay, so not sure what's wrong with adding an element to improve the gaming experience. Is it so wrong to use a good idea from another?

4) ordinance drops

It keeps things interesting, instead of the same ole running around with the same stuff all game long. As long as the gameplay isn't focused around it, in which I think 343 did a decent job of keeping it balanced. It's a much better feature than some of the ones that Bungie tried in H2 and H3.

The reason they do this is so even if you have one of those games where you can't seem to pick up the kill, you can still get points and xp from doing other helpful things, like being a team player. So I see the reasoning behind it, and I suppose it makes it a better experience when you don't necessarily have the slaying abilities in a game. I don't really care either way though, but it is an improvement in some ways so nothing wrong with it.

I don't remember what Spec Ops were, but Spartan Ops is kinda dumb to be honest. I liked the round based scoring mode like Firefight was or like the Gears version of it better. The challenges will most likely keep me playing it though.

• Like 1

I don't think that Bungie are laughing at 343.

And of course they try to outsell CoD. That's what it's about. Getting many people to buy their games.

Now let's look at how CoD imitated Halo. One point that comes to mind immediately is multiplayer lobbies. That's right, the entire concept of multiplayer lobbies. Because the first game to include that big feature was Halo 2.

• Like 2

1) loadouts

2) grenade indicators

3) killcam

4) ordinance drops

I've never played COD. I don't se anything with you'r points that are so original that I would guess Bungie or 343 would have made them. And spartan ops is comparable to multiplayer campain and also to firefight (Halo 3: ODST). I enjoy the game as it is. So stop complaining and enjoy the game or go play your Call of Duty.

Words. Cannot. Describe. My rage. Towards this game.

When I bought this game, I thought I was buying HALO. I wanted Halo. I desired Halo. I play through the Campaign. "Oh, they added a dedicated sprint. Okay..." And the rest of the Campaign was great. Had fun with it. Then I get to the Spartan Ops. "Why not just include this stuff in the Campaign. Oh well, it was somewhat fun." Finished off those missions, not realizing that CoD had done the same bloody thing before. I get to Matchmaking.

Dear.

Sweet.

Jesus.

What the **** happened to our game? Where did the Halo go? Where did 343 think this was a good idea? This is just CoD with a Halo-themed skin. It makes me sick. Is the industry so low on ideas that they have to resort to something so base and so tired as CoD for inspiration? When I buy a Halo game, I expect a higher quality than that. I expect different ideas from the ones spawned by Activision and EA. Just goes to show that the shooter genre is dying. I'm jumping ship and sticking to Indy games from now on.

• Like 1