make spartan ops offline couch co-op (only post if you support)

dailyrumith

as far as i know spartan ops isnt available to play localy offline, which further forces people to pay for live if they dont want to do the missions all by themselves like me, its fun to play with friends and i want to play with my brothers who love halo but despise microsoft so they dont have xboxes which also means i cannot play halo 4 with them but the campaign... what i want is to be able to play spartan ops in couch co-op. thats what i want. i payed for what i thought would be an improvement to reach and apparently its a complete let-down to thousands of fans. if they left in FF i would be less disturbed but the fact is that its been replased by something with a direct intention to make money and not make fans happy. its disturbing. my brothers are always telling me "sony playstation is better" ...im almost completely convinced by them now that my favorite xbox game is seemingly going down the tubes. admitedly the halo franchise is the biggest if not only reason for me rigedly sticking with the microsoft xbox

ps. i have been asking around and no one has told me if theres a forum with a significant amount of spartan-ops-couch-co-op-supporters so here i am going solo

pps. in case theres confusion, i mean couch co-op local play be it system link or split screen (both)

• Like 3

to be perfectly honest... im still dissapointed and not surprised... spartan ops, or rather 343 is still forcing people to buy gold and play online... im not surprised becasue they found a way to meet the demands of the players in an easy way which doesnt really meet the demants of the players

i still cannot play with my brothers... i still cannot play offline... so whats fixed? nothing... like i said, im not surprised and still dissapointed. i expected more from the developers of one of the greatest games in history

• 3 weeks later...

When I found out spartan ops was only online play, I decided NOT to buy Halo 4. For me the Halo series died at Reach.

Why would you not buy H4 just because SO is only online? Quite silly.

Although SO is a way to get more money its not a bad idea, pay extra MP for extended campaign personally better than FF which is just the same thing over and over.

I do agree though that they should have allowed offline people to play it once it has been downloaded to your hard drive. Sadly this is not how it works.

i believe the thing here is that halo 4 shouldnt have been what it is.... bungie abandoned the project and they must have had their reasons but the only reason 343 kept the halo name is because they wanted the sales... look at resident evil-- back when they were making re4 they vastly changed the engine and decided insted to make an entirely different game (take note here that resident evil is hugely famous and their new game was the first of a kind so sink of swim). and against all odds they made a widely popular game called devil may cry... 343 just didnt want to take the risk, they wanted the cash and fame... fans dont want halo to change but to grow and people new to 343 or bungie or halo just dont care

its doesnt matter that ff was repetitive or not, thats not the issue, the issue it that someone that doesnt shell out cash every month cannot do anything but play campaign in halo and forge. this is what games used to be ten years ago. you buy it, it has a story, you put it down and stop.. thats what they were but today especially for the halo franchise its about many game modes and options and that may be true for people who are paying for gold but not one but true for those who are not... fair? id say no. spartan ops is installed in the game itself anyway... capcoms dragons dogma tryed to get away with something similar when they tryed to make people purchase codes to unlock in game content that was already in the game to begin with... when they did that they were recieved with very bad criticisms even though dragons dogma was widely successful they anounced that the next game would not require the same thing... all in all if people start to disregard the actions that companies like 343 are making where to get a full experience out of a game youll end up paying six times what the video game is worth more and more companies will begin to do the same and eventually the gaming industrie will be unafordable... and those who dont mind shelling out hundreds of dollars on one game who defend these companies are only helping the process along. so i ask you this... if all we ever see of 343 and halo from now on is increased pricess on in game content higher prices on gold more codes that need to be purchased for the full experience and a whole lot less offline options... will you still be satisfied with them? i will most certanly not be. this isnt an mmo, its an fps. they need to remember to treat it like one or make a different game altogether

• 2 weeks later...

While Firefight and Campaign Matchmaking in Reach was vastly superior to Spartan Ops (and I really hate that only the Spartan Ops of the Week is in Matchmaking), it really is a shame you cannot play it offline/local co-op.

But from what I've seen by now, two days into the game, there are quite a few rather "questionable" decisions 343 has made, and the overall experience when it comes to Co-Op play seems to have suffered significantly.