Looking For Game Dev Team For PC/Xbox 360 Indie Game!

Slenderman

I am looking for an indie development team for help develop a game for the xbox 360 and pc. The game will be using the:

Unreal Development Kit and/or CryTek 3 engine. Jobs include but not limited to:

• Graphics Designer
  • Map Designer
  • Storyboard Designer
  • Firefight Designer
  • Executive Producer
  • 3d Modeler
  • Scriptor
  • etc.... Think of anything and Ill probably need it.

Here are the requirements for the job:

• Must be 12 years or older
  • Must have some experience with video game design
  • Must be able to cooperate and be able to frequently respond via Skype, email, etc
  • Must not complain however gentlemen arguments are welcome.
  • Must be inspired and have ideas on what YOU could do to contribute.

If you would like to join the development team please post below and a resume would be nice too. (:

• Like 2

I will do any design and directing other than 3D modeling. PM me with more info please. I am exicted that you are doing this. I can voice act when needed and can edit voices to make them sound better. I have tried creating some games myself but I am not a strong scripter. Like I said I am very excited :)

What are your ideas so far Slenderman?

A pair of Time Travelers have to stop an alien race from destroying the planet of Ghron for which humans use as their new home planet 6 billion years in the future after Earth becomes uninhabitable. In the future humans are allied with other alien races found shortly before the Earth's destruction. In order to save the humans from the aliens, the future equivalent of the CIA, MIDS (Massive Intelligence and Defense Sector) kidnaps 2 allied aliens whose mission was to kill every bad alien and sends them on a mission to use a time watch to prepare the planet from invasion. The time watch keeps messing up after a fight between the 2 sending them across time and space.

Sadly, I do not have any knowledge of scripting at the moment but can probably learn it in a couple of months. What language do you recommend?

To become efficient enough at it to produce a game will take a little more time I must warn you. There's tons of popular scripting languages similar in structure but different in syntax. If you learn one then you won't have immense amounts of trouble going between one and the other.

I'm pretty positive that the three most popular scripting languages out right now Java, C#, and C++ in order from most to least.

Java doesn't really suit your purposes here but I will mention that it is a good thing to learn and will help with job security later in your life.

C# doesn't really suit your needs here as well (I believe it is used for driver programming)

I think for a PC indie game you would be fine learning C++ but I'd send a PM to our resident game design expert Twinreaper just to make sure. He's definately the one you want to get advice from on stuff like this.

• Like 1

ok, so C++ it is! With a side of java for my minecraft server :)

I assume that that would be your best choice. However I would suggest consulting with more knowledgable people as well because I haven't been involved with anything relating to game design in a long time (never was very good at it myself) and don't want to send you on the wrong course.

Matters want this game to be like skyrim or halo or borderlands?

Slenderman did say something about aliens and time travel, so I'd try to create something like that

I'm in the midst of creating a Sci-Fi alien/time travel story myself so if you are thinking about doing time periods and whatever you do affects the future, I can help

C++, and C# are not scripting languages...they are frameworks (base code language). Scripting would be LUA, XML and Unicode. Right now, LUA is the most widely used scripting language.

Additionally, if your going to make a complete new game or tweaked or modified source base, you cannot use Cryengine, as the absolute source requires a licence...which is pretty steep atm. Unreal is ok, but for graphics, particle effects and animation, you want to stick with Cryengine.

• Like 1

C++, and C# are not scripting languages...they are frameworks (base code language). Scripting would be LUA, XML and Unicode. Right now, LUA is the most widely used scripting language.

Additionally, if your going to make a complete new game or tweaked or modified source base, you cannot use Cryengine, as the absolute source requires a licence...which is pretty steep atm. Unreal is ok, but for graphics, particle effects and animation, you want to stick with Cryengine.

It seems that Crytek would be good but it would lack individuality. I am looking into everything furthur.

if we need a license for this software what are we gonna use than? Microsoft's software is 120$

I need a good scifi based plot set in the future about aliens, time travel, and awesome vehicles, weapons, guns, etc. It needs to have a monolithic feel to it though. Im going for a more Halo approach to this though.

I'm going to link you to a story I made and see if you could need me for making the plot, it does have time travel but it dosen't delve into it that much but it's still there. *Don't read it all that would take a while, just examine it because it is a little long*

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/13330-the-portal/

I need a good scifi based plot set in the future about aliens, time travel, and awesome vehicles, weapons, guns, etc. It needs to have a monolithic feel to it though. Im going for a more Halo approach to this though.

I will see what I can come up withi have a few ideas..