Post Your Halo 4 Matchmaking Issues Here

Spectral Jester

since my first post I've seen a few new things that might bear mentioning. Last night I had just started searching for a Big Team Slayer game. I was removed from matchmaking and told by Halo that I was not connected to LIVE...I was still partied up with my buddy and all that goodness.

As for petty issues, Red Team spawns in Exile on big team need to be tweaked a little. Blue spawns ON the gauss 'hog and red has to scramble to the scorpion and banshee both. I'd say either scoot red team over, or give them a rocket hog or a guass of their own at their spawns in their base if the scorpion is to stay neutral.

What happened to the 'point of no return' on assassinations? I've had at least two instances when my spartan had their combat knife buried to the handle in the neck of the other spartan when I get killed, and the other is allowed to walk away. The next time this happens, it's going in my file share for some documentation.

Lastly, it may be something with a spec I haven't seen yet, but I've seen people cloaked and crouched, and not giving off the dummy pings on motion tracker that announces cloak. I use active camo pretty heavily myself and would love to know this trick; it'd triple my effectiveness instantly.

Lastly for realsies: Thank you oh gods of my fathers for the removal of the kill cam for the last kill of a match. I hate the whole idea of the kill cam to begin with, and when I saw this I thought it was time to limit myself to modes that don't show it (only big team and objective stuff so far) but then it went away just as easily. devs, i am overjoyed by this.

You guys did a great job on H4LO, but there are a few things that just plain suck.

First of all, all of the maps in the crimson map pack absoloutley suck! One is so small you can fit it inside Haven.

Second of all, the spartan ops missions are all on the same maps that are mostly scratched from the campaign. you guys didnt use campaign areas for multiplayer maps, but you did it in spartan ops which is equally as bad.

Third, there is this major glitch that makes it so your guns dissapear 99.999% of the time when you drop them on the ground or die. I can't even tell you how many times iv'e died with a power weapon in spartan ops and it dissapeared within 10 seconds of me dying.

Fourth, multiple maps have been completeley ruined due to the presence of mantis's. Ragnarok being one of them, everone goes to that open area in the map with their mantis's and can see the entire map. you cant even get from one side of the map to the other because the mantis's have a perfect view of the whole map so they will shoot you down in seconds.

These are only four of the stupid things in H4LO. I'll just keep content with my team swat. (untill you guys decide to remove it just because it's everyone's favorite playlist.)

The community is giving you guys a chance to create the HALO series. you better not mess up or there won't be anyone in line for HALO 5.

If 343I want to get the matchmaking numbers up, just go with old formulas that made the halo seres great. Either you could go with 100,000 players or less online with Reach-like mechanics in a month or you could go with record-worthy systems like halo 2/3 with 150,000 players continuously in 2 years after initial release dates. You make everyone happy if you guys go back to the halo roots (meaning simple and fun as halo is better than elaborate and less entertaining something like halo). You don't see Call of Duty deviating too much from its roots, so why does Halo have to? i just want mindless fun but this is just my opinion. What do you think?

I feel like the BR needs to be converted back to a 4-shot weapon. With it being a 5-shot kill it is at an extreme disadvantage when up against any of the other loadout weapons including the magnum. The DMR, like everyone has mentioned, is too overpowered. I also do not like the fact that you cannot hold your on in this game by yourself, but instead need a teammate in order to take on more than one person. In Halo CE and 2, an individual could confidently take on multiple opponents with or without a full shield and win if their skill was high enough.

• Like 1

While I like the ability to choose my loadout, the weapons that can be chosen kind of screw with the game. For instance, it used to be that finding stickys was fun and pretty awesome. Now everyone and their mother carries them, with the occasional few carrying frags - the stick ability in itself gives them an implicit advantage, even if their splash damage is minimal. It makes driving vehicles near impossible at times (that and how little damage they take). Second starting weapon - plasma pistol. I've seen one plasma pistol bolt change the tide of a game. It is kind of ridiculous that a secondary weapon should be able to effectively take out any vehicle. It is an interesting concept, but pretty stupid that a starting secondary weapon, which should be used as a last ditch quickswap in a battle (or if you run out of ammo), can function as a primary in taking out vehicles (or in a noob combo... why can people spawn with this?).

Also, it should be pretty apparent by now that some of the primaries are virtually useless... And lag has been an issue. Other than that and the minimal number of weapons on the map, it's been fun :) Really love how you guys revamped everything.

Lets see...

1. Rumble Pit - Was my favorite thing to play as I didn't have to rely on team mates being good and thus I ranked the highest in it.

2. 1-50 ranking. Right now the only thing to compare for ranking is KD ratio, something I never cared about before in a halo game. With actual 1-50 ranks, I can be happy again by just going +2 or 3 kill a match, and not strive to sit back and get a 2 KD ratio. Especially when I get paired with a bad team, I just feel like sitting back so I don't ruin my ratio...

3. In Dominion, fix capturing. Many times I've completed capturing and then can't move, and as a result, I die from it. Also happens sometimes when cancelling a capture.

4. Spawns. Mostly They're alright, but I've had times were I've spawned directly in front of an enemy wraith as its shooting directly at me. That is crap.

5. Button Layout - I consider this an issue and it limits my mobility. I hate B to crouch and Left stick click to sprint. I want an option to have them reversed. Boxer does this but also changes melee. Why can't we just get an option to switch them? In my opinion, Left stick click to crouch made many jumps a lot easier.

Halo 4 is garbage sorry that people wasted there money first of all so many no lifes play the dang game that there all over 50 there for there specializations give them better damage kills making all low levels easier to kill second matchmaking sucks cause they put you with all the high levels instead of people within your range level so the game is more fair so pratically you can never get any kills cause all these no life playing fools got nothing better to do then go to work and play halo to try think there the best at it when there just overpowered i stop playing after a week cause i was playing just fine then all of sudden i cant kill no one yet i was good all the other times so they need to update and change things cause if not then i offically say 343 industries ruined halo

-Halo4=Garbage

People need to stop complaining about the DMR being overpowered.... 343 wanted to make the BR absolute. It's obviously the most popular gun in the Halo-verse. They wanted to remove it, but got raped by a vicious mob. So... they just made the DMR stronger so people used something other than the BR.

It's worked. An effect DMR shooter is going to outgun an effective BR shooter 9x out of 10. Just the way it works now. Use the DMR like you would the BR and nothing has really changed

Mathmaking still needs fixed. This is horrendous. I have a group of 5 people on average.. of all different ranks and we can't find a game together. It pisses me off... Like, why can't I enjoy the best part of Halo 4? Because one of my friends is Rank 12? Screw you 343.

going to post a legitimate bug here: on Exile big team I was gunning in the gauss and encountered some lag - during which the hog flipped, and when it self-righted, it proceeded to fall through the world

I feel like the BR needs to be converted back to a 4-shot weapon. With it being a 5-shot kill it is at an extreme disadvantage when up against any of the other loadout weapons including the magnum. The DMR, like everyone has mentioned, is too overpowered. I also do not like the fact that you cannot hold your on in this game by yourself, but instead need a teammate in order to take on more than one person. In Halo CE and 2, an individual could confidently take on multiple opponents with or without a full shield and win if their skill was high enough.

The BR is a four shot weapon, but all 12 rounds from the 4 bursts need to hit in order ofr that to be the case...it IS possible, just takes far more control and skill to do

I love Halo 4, but I despise the matchmaking. It is terrible!!! I am saying this not to bash on 343, but in hopes that someone who actually can change the matchmaking will see this.

I think that as of now, 343 is completely DEAF to the community, which is what Halo has always been about. I think that the only GOOD maps that 343 have put into Halo 4 are Haven and Longbow; symmetrical, not too campy, and balanced. Every other map in the game, including the new Crimson DLC is awful, except Ragnarok, which isn't to be given credit to 343. 343 has absolutely NO idea to how many great forgers are out there!! Just go to youtube and search "Guardian Remake Halo 4" or The Pit or Sanctuary, and many more!! These people would glady have their maps be put into matchmaking!! With the File Browser search not working, it seems like Forge is completely pointless considering you cant download all of these great maps, let alone play them in matchmaking. I think, maybe even know, that if 343 would be so smart as to put any of these classic Halo 3 or Halo Reach maps into matchmaking, the popularity would skyrocket!!!

Enough ranting about maps, now about playlists!! 343, STOP REMOVING/ADDING PLAYLISTS FOR NO REASON!!!!! Team Snipers, my favorite playlist only lasted 1 week, only to be replaced with a terrible FFA playlist. Throwback also only lasted a week, to be replaced by Team Regicide, which is as unsuccessful as its original, VIP from Halo 3. Then they take out KING OF THE HILL?! This is getting out of hand. 343, we don't want your dull, unexciting playlists, we want the ones that are actually fun and don't encourage noobs to go camp with shotguns/rockets in camo!! Bring back King of the Hill, Assault, ACTION SACK, BIG TEAM CTF, Team Snipers, Multi Team, and Invasion!! We want Halo to be the most fun game on Xbox!!

I love Halo 4, but I despise the matchmaking. It is terrible!!! I am saying this not to bash on 343, but in hopes that someone who actually can change the matchmaking will see this.

I think that as of now, 343 is completely DEAF to the community, which is what Halo has always been about. I think that the only GOOD maps that 343 have put into Halo 4 are Haven and Longbow; symmetrical, not too campy, and balanced. Every other map in the game, including the new Crimson DLC is awful, except Ragnarok, which isn't to be given credit to 343. 343 has absolutely NO idea to how many great forgers are out there!! Just go to youtube and search "Guardian Remake Halo 4" or The Pit or Sanctuary, and many more!! These people would glady have their maps be put into matchmaking!! With the File Browser search not working, it seems like Forge is completely pointless considering you cant download all of these great maps, let alone play them in matchmaking. I think, maybe even know, that if 343 would be so smart as to put any of these classic Halo 3 or Halo Reach maps into matchmaking, the popularity would skyrocket!!!

Enough ranting about maps, now about playlists!! 343, STOP REMOVING/ADDING PLAYLISTS FOR NO REASON!!!!! Team Snipers, my favorite playlist only lasted 1 week, only to be replaced with a terrible FFA playlist. Throwback also only lasted a week, to be replaced by Team Regicide, which is as unsuccessful as its original, VIP from Halo 3. Then they take out KING OF THE HILL?! This is getting out of hand. 343, we don't want your dull, unexciting playlists, we want the ones that are actually fun and don't encourage noobs to go camp with shotguns/rockets in camo!! Bring back King of the Hill, Assault, ACTION SACK, BIG TEAM CTF, Team Snipers, Multi Team, and Invasion!! We want Halo to be the most fun game on Xbox!!

• Like 1

No other forum is helping me might as well try here. I have no weapons, armor, loadouts, and am stuck at SR1. My armor and emblem are blacked out and I can't access commendations. Most annoying of all is no one has responded to me or the various others I have seen having this same problem. All my other games work fine, why is yours so broken?

Just reached level 100 yesterday and now It won't let me level up any higher. Its not letting me pick any other specializations or earn any XP.. It shows me 6 specializations including Spartan-IV and I have them all completed. I just need pioneer, rogue, and engineer to complete but their not showing up. I have been playing matchmaking and its not giving me any of the XP because it has me stuck. Has anyone had this problem?? Do I need a code to pass this. Someone Help me out please!!!!

Why do I keep getting nothing but DLC maps in Big Team slayer. I am playing Slayer to get away from those awful DLC maps, yet you keep shoving them down my throat.

Every single map is DLC and it is just ******** me off beyond belief.

Three map rotations are such trash. Can I just disable the steaming pile od dog **** that is Crimson DLC?!

Why are the matchmaking sessions taking so long? It literally takes forever to get a solid group and vote on a map and start playing. In an hour I spent 45 minutes waiting between all the stalls!!!!!!

No other forum is helping me might as well try here. I have no weapons, armor, loadouts, and am stuck at SR1. My armor and emblem are blacked out and I can't access commendations. Most annoying of all is no one has responded to me or the various others I have seen having this same problem. All my other games work fine, why is yours so broken?

This has happened to me a few times. We just restart and rebuild our loadouts and everything is fine. It appears to be a server side issue!

So get this slightly complex issue 343 needs to step and fix. Honestly I must be one of the unluckiest players out there. So earlier today I'm playing and going after challenges. I'm lvl 69 and have around 400xp to go before I lvl up. Finish my round aaaaaannd... completed the monthly challenge. BAM! 15000xp lost because 343 designed the level to cap at tenth increments after lvl 50. I have all the specializations, so I checked to see if the xp would transfer if I picked a new specialization. They did not. If it had I would have went straight to lvl 72 and then some. I'm assuming there's no way for me to get that xp back is there?

I like this game but the one gripe i have is that its now based on who has the better power ups that wins the game rather than who is better skilled...the matchmaking ******* SUCKS in halo 4 they shoulda made it like halo 3 or the furthest away from that halo reach. This call of duty bull**** is such a let down and i wish i never bought the game as matchmaking is all i WOULD play. Too many one shot weapons and stupid specializations n power ups no skill like in halo 2 and 3. Very bummed out that ibought this game for 100$ i could have bought stupid boring call of duty if i wanted to play a camping one shot easy for the amature player game. Just an all around dissapointment and i am now just going to go back to halo reach where i could atleast use a dmr and have a ******* fair duel with another guy without being randomly power up or power weapon killed EVERY time...******* boring matchmaking the graphics n gameplay n smoothness is good tho. just way too many perks leave it up to teamwork and skill not who has ******* damage boost or last minute spawned over shield or see through ******* see through walls. such ****ty ideas

Ok, so I only have three problems with Halo 4, besides some bad maps, but thats natural. One problem is a game mechanic problem, the other two are more personal preferences

Game mechanic problem: Melee

I seem to have this peculiar problem with melee. Sometimes, I try to melee someone, who has dropped shields, but my hands just flail uselessly like I'm trying to throw a gun thats superglued to my hands, and my melee does absolutely nothing at all. This happens most often when I am sprinting towards a target, but occurs occasionally when I am not sprinting.

A related problem with this is often times, me and an opponent will charge, both with dropped shields, and attempt to melee eachother. What normally happens is unlike ANY other halo game I have ever played: Instead of both of us dying, only one of us will die, or (more rarely) the melee will have no effect at all.

Personal problems: THE BOLT SHOT

giving people a SHOTGUN (I have tested it, and it has the instant kill radius of a shotgun [it is actually stronger than the forerunner shotgun]) they can spawn with is a little unfair to the experienced players, and serves NO OTHER PURPOSE but to attempt to bridge the skill gap between old and new players.

The fact that it is STRONGER and has a larger instant kill radius than that of the forerunner shotgun power weapon, it makes no sense for players to be able to spawn with it. I have some suggestions to fix this, which I don't think would be too difficult to implement (granted I have absolutely NO experience in game design or coding)

Option 1: Greatly reduce the range or power of the bolt shot, so that you must be within sword or melee kill range for it to be a instant kill

Option 2: Make it so that it uses up the WHOLE clip when you fire it.

Prefered, though probably hard to do: take option 1, but also increase the power of the individual bolts, so that they are equal or slightly stronger than magnum shots. I prefer this one, because not only does it still let players use the shotgun mode to some extent, it also encourages players (especially new ones) to try and use the single shot side of the pistol, which lets them actually get better at the game

Personal problem 2: Personal ordnance

At first, I liked the idea of having your own ordnance drops right there; but, like many things, it looked better on paper. I found that personal ordnance just compounds the problem of map control, and counteracts what you sought to fix with the changing drop zones. Now, instead of having to hunt for the power weapons to control the map, players can just drop them right at their door step. This means that players can just sit on top of a hill firing down at the enemy, and then are rewarded with power weapons that reinforce their positions, making it EVEN HARDER for enemy players to bring back the game or stop the map camping.

I see no fix to this than the removal of personal ordnance. I aplaud you for the idea, it just didn't work as well as I thought it would

Just a suggestion:

I like the idea of the rotating ordnance, its pretty awesome! but I was somewhat disapointed with other changes, such as no picking up other peoples grenades, and how the drops appear to be random. What I think would be a good idea, (if its not, feel free to toss it out the window) is to make the maps like they were in the other halos, with the weaps spawning in certain areas. The map would start as its normally laid out, with the power weaps in their rightful places, BUT, as the weapons respawned, THEN they would begin rotating around the map. Just a suggestion

I have faith in 343i, and I like the look and a lot of the changes you brought to halo 4. SPARTAN OPS AND THE CAMPAIGN ARE AMAZING! (as someone who consistantly beats campaigns on legendary solo, I must say this campaign was one of the hardest and most rewarding I have gone through. BRING BACK FUNNY GRUNTS THOUGH! they would cheer me up when I was stuck in a spot or just got passed a hard patch.) Bungie's dedication to the fans and the game was the reason why I bought those halos, and your dedication so far is the reason why I prefer Halo over BF or CoD. Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

No doubles. No Team Snipers. No headshot medal for the snipe. No true skill ranking system. No map diversity (small - big). Not being able to move when I hit select mid game to see players in game. Not being able to search peoples maps. And last but not least, the promethean pistol. I hate 343 for making this gun. They are just giving bad players kills.

These are all the issues 343 needs to address for me to keep investing my time into this game.

AHHH.. Found it the right spot!

Good evening - I signed up for the Tournament on 12/09/2012 and in VirginGaming a couple of days after. Yesterday I was searching for my rank in the Leaderboards and I cant find myself. I been playing ever since I signed up to be ready for it.

How can I view my Tier and score?

or What should I do, please advise?

Thank you,

Zez

Is there a spot somewhere where you guys (343) will post server statuses and updates? The last hour+ has been completely lag filled. Not just for me, but for entire matches. And it's the same for every group of players. It's quite literally impossible to play right now. I just wish you guys would give us a heads up.

A little communication goes a long way.