War Game population is REALLY low

sindronian

By the way I don't determine how good you are by your K/D, but instead by how you play the objective.

Well it's kind of hard to prove how good I am. I'm simply mentioning k.d because it's an easy way to judge a player. Also if your k.d is bad and you constantly throw yourself at an objective failing to capture it over and over I don't really consider that person a good player either. Many people have good k.d's because of griffball or banshees. I have a decent k.d from playing everything and using everything. Besides that's off topic. I'm seriously concerned about social/ranked playlist updates not what determines a good player.

By the way I don't determine how good you are by your K/D, but instead by how you play the objective.

Darn...I guess I suck. :(

Then stay away from me... :P

I switch between objective playing and slaying, if the team needs it, I'll spend time in the hill as long as they need me to. If everyones there, I'll go on the outskirts and try and keep enemy players away.

But lately, I MAY just be all about that slaying...

-Cough-

Not bothered to be honest. It's understandable after Reach most of the population just went away.

And people probably have moved on with their lifes, and some of them probably switched over to other games, moved onto computer gaming.

Me I don't see what the big deal is with population numbers. Don't see how that effects me enjoying the game that I paid for.

I'm pretty sure population does affect the game. A high population shows that people are playing it for a reason. As people continue to leave others start to develop the "I don't give a sh%$ attitude" and then all people do is troll and teabag you hard until the next game comes out.

Then stay away from me... :P

I switch between objective playing and slaying, if the team needs it, I'll spend time in the hill as long as they need me to. If everyones there, I'll go on the outskirts and try and keep enemy players away.

But lately, I MAY just be all about that slaying...

-Cough-

Slaying doesn't help in objectives anymore thanks to instant respawn. I tried sniping the entire team on ragnorak a few times waiting for my team to grab the flag. Of course an instant later the whole team was back up. Hmmm, what's that game again where you can get 150 kills and still lose the objective? Uh oh...

No, but figuring it out is easy. Either run around them and take them from behind or through a grenade at them. If they're using it they probably have low health so taking them out should be a snap. Have fun with Halo 4 I know I do. But according to this guy he just likes killing noobs.

I did read your useless comment. If I can't kill someone with a hardlight shield I suck? Well first of all I don't think it's possible to kill someone with a hard light shield. Second of all you're obviously a troll who is trying to make me mad. So knowing this, this is my last reply to you. I apologize to everyone who has witnessed this stupidity.

It's very possible and I've done it pleanty of times. You just are horrible at playing Halo, can't kill a simple guy with active camo, can't kill a wounded guy with Hardlight Shield, only take on noobs cuz it's "FUN". Yeah you suck not to mention you keep saying how you get you're ass kicked actually playing against people you're own rank.

Well it's kind of hard to prove how good I am. I'm simply mentioning k.d because it's an easy way to judge a player. Also if your k.d is bad and you constantly throw yourself at an objective failing to capture it over and over I don't really consider that person a good player either. Many people have good k.d's because of griffball or banshees. I have a decent k.d from playing everything and using everything. Besides that's off topic. I'm seriously considered about social/ranked playlist updates not what determines a good player.

I should have elaborated. A combination of both is preferable. But what I meant is when you see some guy on Dominion have 5 base captures, but a bad K/D he isn't a bad player.

Lmao he reminds me of the people who defended armor lock as a fair strategy in Reach. Yeah being invincible, strategic. I don't give two ****s how you can counter hardlight shield it's annoying ANYWAY.

I should have elaborated. A combination of both is preferable. But what I meant is when you see some guy on Dominion have 5 base captures, but a bad K/D he isn't a bad player.

of course not

i would say that Odd ball SHOULD be Only in multi team because if there's only 2 teams it's already know whos going to win.. 343 needs to put out more game types if not the game will die soo fast just like SWTOR (as example)

Lol SWTOR. All the recent MMOs have crashed all hoping to be as popular as WoW. I was hopeful of TERA but I realised not to buy it after doing research. I hope elder scrolls online can be the next big thing! I doubt it lol!

Also just to stay on topic it doesn't matter how many gamtypes they implement if they don't change the way matchmaking works.

Lol SWTOR. All the recent MMOs have crashed all hoping to be as popular as WoW. I was hopeful of TERA but I realised not to buy it after doing research. I hope elder scrolls online can be the next big thing! I doubt it lol!

Also just to stay on topic it doesn't matter how many gamtypes they implement if they don't change the way matchmaking works.

do like reach or halo3 would be the best..

... I don't see the problem with having a Social playlist for people who might not want to face off against the people who actively do everything they can to make the game un-fun for the enemy team (Boltshot plus camo plus instant reload combo is easily countered, but if you're not partied up, dear Jesus, it's a pain in the ass to tell people to just stop running into his face and getting killed), or jumping inside of walls to avoid getting killed by the people who don't know about it to be a jerk, that kind of thing.

I like how someone immediately calls the TC the problem with games like Halo because he, "Wants to roll scrubs" yet wants to keep players like the TC in for the tryhards to 'roll' (I guess, I don't care about anyone's skill levels. TC's probably better than I am, even, lol). I just don't see the problem with adding the option in case people wanted to use it, then again, I played a metric ton of social in Halo 3 because my roommates and I would play the game every weekend and they didn't have gamertags for years.

Honestly, if not the above, then maybe an option to avoid parties/teamed groups be implemented rather than splintering the player base (though letting casuals be casual should be of no problem to anyone because, well, why would the good players want to play singleton scrubs, etc), because that's most likely the TC's problem: He's playing solo, and a group of people who know better strategy is going out of their way to use it on him and he has little recourse other than, "Get better or get your own party." Not everyone's friends play at the same time, and a whole group of 4 people using the same armor ability can be a tremendous pain (4 camo users on Haven, 2 with Boltshot/Scattershot/AR, 2 with DMR/BR/ and at one point the OSKO Promethean gun was awful, because they got two kills at the start and then all camped together for the entire game. 4 Sentry bots seemed pretty hilarious for camping teams on Solace, as it seemed like the shots from the sentries mixed with just 1 or 2 BR/DMR shots would take out a single person with ease).

Honestly, TC, I'll send you a friend request. Maybe playing with a communicating teammate might ease your stress a bit.

Honestly... First you say that you suck and that you want the game to be more noob friendly because you can't deal with players that have a high rank and skill. Then you claim that you are pretty good at the game, getting killtrocities and stuff but you still can't deal with Active Camo and Hardlight Shield?

You just don't make any sense and you obviously can't have a proper discussion because you end up calling people and their opinions "idiotic". You're pretty immature man, and I can't see what your intentions are.

On another note, I guess a Social Playlist would be good for the players that want a more casual and fun experience without all the competitiveness.

Honestly... First you say that you suck and that you want the game to be more noob friendly because you can't deal with players that have a high rank and skill. Then you claim that you are pretty good at the game, getting killtrocities and stuff but you still can't deal with Active Camo and Hardlight Shield?

You just don't make any sense and you obviously can't have a proper discussion because you end up calling people and their opinions "idiotic". You're pretty immature man, and I can't see what your intentions are.

On another note, I guess a Social Playlist would be good for the players that want a more casual and fun experience without all the competitiveness.

I don't think I said I suck. I think I said I get my ass kicked multiple times. Which does not imply I suck. I am maybe above average if you are considering the grand scheme. I am not a match for people who do everything they can to win though. I just play. My intentions are to play with other people who also just want to "play" and not only win. This kind of attitude was pretty common in halo 3 social.

Honestly, TC, I'll send you a friend request. Maybe playing with a communicating teammate might ease your stress a bit.

Maybe. I kind of stopped play Halo 4 multiplayer a few days ago. I can't decide if communicating with a team would be more stressful or not lol. Isn't it really difficult to do lol? I've tried that with my close friends and the most we can do is call out 1 shots and tell each other what power weapons the enemy has, which objective to go to and other small things. It's kinda hard to do. Send me a request anyway but I can't promise I would want to even play that way. I'm pretty lone wolf in Halo but in Halo 4 it doesn't really work and I just end up fighting 3-4 people at once so I try and stick with my team.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the most pressing issue that 343 needs to fix is this P2P garbage. There are too many people who have sub-par internet connections for whatever reason (not economically feasible, can't access faster speeds, etc) and have actually dampened the experience for the faster users. Either dedicated servers or a way to divide games based on speeds would be something to strive for.

Personally it's frustrating for me and I'm sure there are others who feel the same. I guess I could just run Utorrent or another heavy bandwidth app to scale down to level with the others, but I pay a pretty penny for my netz and would feel wasteful if I did that! =)