So I'm just gonna say it...anyone else disappointed with Halo 4?

MoonMan2413

Ok so ill break it down by section:

Campaign: Ive always loved Halo's campaigns, but in every game the mulitplayer overshadows it. To me, not this time. Halo 4's campaign to me was amazing, I loved every bit of it. I didnt have any problems with it except for the fact is was only 7 hours (but thats average I guess) and a lackluster ending (which I'm sure will be solved with 5 and 6, so that part is kind of irrelevant). The story behind it was fantastic, and emotion was displayed like never before in Halo. I'm not gonna give any spoilers but for those who played it youll know what Im talking about. In the end, I give the campaign a 9.5/10

Multiplayer: Sucks. I might be one of the very few who thinks this but i hate the mulitplayer. I hate the fact that the maps are pretty tiny. I've always been a big team slayer guy, and it says a lot when Ragnarok is the biggest map, considering it was a medium sized map at best in Halo 3. What pisses me off though, is that is previous Halo's, there was like a 1-2 minute window from the start of the game to the point you actually started firing at your enemy, depending on the map you play on. Halo 4 youre put right into the action. And I know a lot of people like that, but its very frustrating to me. I do like the ordinance drops and have faith they can take it further in the next games, but at the same time i still wish they would have certain weapons spawn at specific points. I believe 343 can fix this in either DLC's or worse case, wait until 5 or 6. Theyre going in the right direction, but I personally believe they screwed up on multiplayer. I give it a 4.5/10.

Forge: I shouldnt have to say much as I havent found one good forum about forging. Its awful, and thats putting it nicely. Our creativity has been taken away by giving us 3 tiny maps to work with. I feel like they tried too hard to make the maps look good to realize that they didnt really give us much to work with. The good news is, this is probably the easiest problem for them to fix. App some maps the DLC or heck even come out with a new DLC specifically for forging. Me personally, I loved sandbox and forge world, but would also like to see either sandtrap, avalanche, or standoff recreated. Forging in Halo 4 gets a 3/10

I havent go a chance to play custom games or spartan ops yet with be being in school and what not. Ive heard spartan ops is amazing and I believe it. However, i have played "Flood", its good, but i would have much rather preferred they stick to regular infection.

In the end I give Halo 4 a 7/10. The campaign saved it and they have a lot of work to do. The good news is, this was just their first game. If 343 is anything like Bungie theyll love this criticism as theyll do anything they can to fix the problems in further games. As for me, Ill probably stick to Halo Reachs multiplayer and Halo 3 custom games for now...

I enjoy playing the campaign but 343 has completely done an injustice to the multiplayer, and the campaign alone wasn't worth 60 bucks. I am assumig that they are planning on putting out a map pack in a couple of weeks o they can screw everyone out of more money because nobody wants to play the same 4 maps over and over again. I am trading Halo 4 in and getting Black Ops 2, I hate 343 for what they did to Halo. I give Halo 4 a 3/10 because of the disappointment.

No, I am not disappointed at all. I really enjoyed the Campaign, and the Multiplayer is a blast. I'm not a Forger, so Forge doesn't really matter to me. I think Halo 4 is great and gave me most of the things I wanted from it. There are a few things that could've been better, but none of those things are gamebreaking to me. Learn to adapt to changes, and you'll be able to enjoy it as much as I do.

Sorry guys, if i came out as bashing the game haha. I like it i cant lie, but as someone who plays BTB its not fun. Theres 4 maps to choose from, and all of them are medium sized. Ragnarok is the biggest map and it was considered medium sized in Halo 3

As far as change, I trust 343 mainly because there are a lot of former bungie employees, but for now I just dont find the game fun at all. Its all just my opinion but for now Halo 3 is appealing to me way more than Halo 4

My only thing was the campaign did not explain alot,it seemed rushed.After i watched the terminals i was ok with it,but it shouldn't b e that way.You do know they are making alot of updates to War Games,the game hasn't been out that long.Give it a chance,also alot of the new maps coming out are able to play BTB.

I am, I remember the days of halo 1 2 and 3 I used to be able to play 4 player split screen systemlink games with friends, with minimal if any framelag.. but with this one just two player gets lag and puts you on uneven ground with single system players, I didn't even bother trying this one system link 4 players per box. I thought halo was one of the last good splitscreen capable fps game guess not.

I LOVE HALO 4. :) 343 has done a great job. The only problems I can see with it are the ending (not how it ends just the way you fight the last guy{trying not to spoil it]), I would like atleast 1 large map for forging on but the maps so far are incredible so it's not that big a deal. And that's all. I've heard you can't give flood guns in custom so that would be a bit bad for me. But so far I love it.

In my opinion 343 tries too hard to make Halo4 great which may lead them to overlooked some details and tradition halo culture. I don't really care about campaign or Spartans ops but multiplayer. Things i was disappointed are:

<maps

>instant spawn

>the team logo (useless/ what?)

>weapon on maps

>glitchy maps

>laggy animations

>ordinance (camping *****/ just take all power weapons out and put like grenade and power ups)

and yea i agree with the first topic that 343 cared about looks not details.. i really hope they have bigger maps like in halo3 or reach

and please don't try to copy CoD anymore it's a crappy game>>Halo is a undead game hope it continues

Sorry guys, if i came out as bashing the game haha. I like it i cant lie, but as someone who plays BTB its not fun. Theres 4 maps to choose from, and all of them are medium sized. Ragnarok is the biggest map and it was considered medium sized in Halo 3

As far as change, I trust 343 mainly because there are a lot of former bungie employees, but for now I just dont find the game fun at all. Its all just my opinion but for now Halo 3 is appealing to me way more than Halo 4

I always though Valhalla was a larger map. Also I want to try not to add to any cynicism you might have about 343industries but the people that say they are made up largely of former Bungie employees are usually either misinformed or lying, but either way incorrect. I believe there was like 3 former Bungie employees. Granted one of them is Frank O'Connor who is sometimes considered the most influential person to ever put his touch on the Halo franchise, and the others are basically a game development dream team (which I lack the expertise to discern whether it is true).

Either way props to you for coming on here and posting your thoughts so calmly and rationally. It seems to be a rare quality in these trying ages of the forum (lol).

:)

I am, I remember the days of halo 1 2 and 3 I used to be able to play 4 player split screen systemlink games with friends, with minimal if any framelag.. but with this one just two player gets lag and puts you on uneven ground with single system players, I didn't even bother trying this one system link 4 players per box. I thought halo was one of the last good splitscreen capable fps game guess not.

You know you are complaining about a limitation of the 360 and not an issue with Halo 4. The 360 still has the same processing power as back in 2005, so when you make a new game that processes more you lose some of the stability. To do what you wanted they would of had to make the game similar to Halo 3 in terms of size.

Come Halo 5, the fps problems will probably be non existant because it is in the first few years of life.