SWAT

SkItZo1041

SWAT's so annoying... just little things ruined my favorite gametype. The maps are too big, one-hit melee's really seperate the noobs from the actual SWAT players, and the BR and pistol don't even require aiming. >.> The symmetric maps are annoying too, feels like we're just running in circles, like every map is like Arena Zealot, just you still can't tell where you are half the time. And you used to be able to tell where some people were by looking at your teammates dead body marker, and that's just gone. Last but certainly not least, the instant respawn ruins exterminations, and is just SOOO frustrating. Having a good 5 second delay allowed people to cool down between deaths, and prevented people from getting huge multikills. Now I can get a triple kill off the same person, which is cool and all, but I'd HATE if that happened to me. At least fix some of these things? It's kinda suckish :/

• Like 1

I hate SWAT because of the DMR's. Its been BR skill that carried SWAT thus far. Now the DMR can wreck a BR without the BR user having a chance in SWAT. It should be BR's only in SWAT.

The DMR's are ruining the fun in multiplayer. If this problem doesn't clear up, or atleast look to be clearing up in a week or two, i'll be saying goodbye to Halo 4. And I have NEVER bought a Halo game and regretted it. (I own all Halo's to this point, even Halo 2 for Vista, and the entire Halo book series. Lol. Im sort of a Halo fan boy.) But the DMR is such an annoyance.

Vote BR for SWAT, 2012!

The weapons advantages differ in each map, eg- Adrift = BR, Complex =DMR, Solace = DMR, Haven = BR. My opinion anyway.

The thing with reach was each map was practically forge-made. In december there's a new map-pack being released, then another in february I think, then April.

The 1melee Is quite retarded, I agree. Usually in Swat, I would turn around and just shoot them, but now there's no way. :(

And ADRIFT is just luck based for SWAT, people just pop out and see you from miles away randomly, and shoot you.

The only thing I would do to improve SWAT, aside from adding some extra, more close-range maps (Okay, I'm a battle rifle user), would be to add a compass. The maps are too confusing during a firefight to get any accurate bearings without a compass.

For example, Solace has a 'dirty' base and a 'clean' base separated by the thing in the middle. So, these are our landmarks. Problem is, the only way to spot the difference is to actually investigate a base first. A compass would solve every navigational problem there is. That way, we have North Base not Dirty Base, and on the more circular maps, you can guide your teammates using logical directions, instead of yelling "That bloody ramp over there."

The map sizes are fine for SWAT, in my opinion. I've never come close to running out of time in a SWAT match yet. Also, if you get melee'd to death in SWAT, you probably deserved to die for letting someone get that close to you in such a "big" map, right?

When you round a corner, and someone happens to be there, if you don't get that first shot or if they come from the side or something, it's a little hard to dodge. No, I don't suck, I have a 1.33 k/d in this game and climbing, and I still find people punching me especially around corners.

For example, Solace has a 'dirty' base and a 'clean' base separated by the thing in the middle. So, these are our landmarks. Problem is, the only way to spot the difference is to actually investigate a base first. A compass would solve every navigational problem there is. That way, we have North Base not Dirty Base, and on the more circular maps, you can guide your teammates using logical directions, instead of yelling "That bloody ramp over there."

A compass would be a little hard to get used to, but since every map is so large and symmetrical, it would make a lot of sense. I definitely hear you though. A map like Haven, your landmarks are "underneath in one of those hallway things", "up above by that wall", "in the middle", etc.. As opposed to a map like Sword Base, with landmarks like green lift, blue lift, red room, coming up the stairs, across the bridge, etc. That was terminology my friends and I used at least, not professional, but oh well haha

I hate SWAT because of the DMR's. Its been BR skill that carried SWAT thus far.

hold on hold on hold on, i love swat..and i too think that the sole weapon in swat should be the BR but that statement right there i just completely untrue..what carried swat was Host and the Elite player models smaller hit box and neck glitch..show me definative proof that one player legitamately got to 50 in swat playing as a spartan and not pulling host or being boosted and i will retract my statement.

Halo 3 swat..while still fun..often went like this

Game start

Turn a corner

Shoot an elite

watch his head bounce and purple blood spray

3 shots later you die from one shot

respawn

Turn the corner

Catch an elite unawares

Shoot only for the bullets to pass right through his neck

He turns,spots you, you die

Respawn

Die

Respawn

Die

Respawn

Die..grats you just got spawn traped

that is how Halo 3 Swat went alot of the time..i have both dished that out and been on the reciving end

The only thing I would change is instant respawn. I've killed a single guy with melee once...nevermind twice or thrice, but the other ones were me trying to assassinate people. I've also be killed by my fair share of BR's, DMR's, and Magnums.

I did wish that they would bring back different game types. I enjoy Magnum SWAT.

The map sizes are fine for SWAT, in my opinion. I've never come close to running out of time in a SWAT match yet. Also, if you get melee'd to death in SWAT, you probably deserved to die for letting someone get that close to you in such a "big" map, right?

The melee and the Big map topics are two totally different things.

I've been numerously 1 hit on adrift, where in Halo reach I would have just got the head-shot right after the melee.

Guys, I think 343 fully recognizes their mistake of including the DMR in this game, and I'm almost sure it will not be making another appearance in Halo 5. However, 46,948,294,172 threads about it isn't going to help anything.

DMR isn't the problem. That's probably the hardest one to get a kill with in SWAT. They're all easy, but the Magnum and BR I don't even have to aim.

DMR isn't the problem. That's probably the hardest one to get a kill with in SWAT. They're all easy, but the Magnum and BR I don't even have to aim.

It should be DMR and nerfed pistol. The BR makes it way too easy for kills and the magnum is just as good as a rifle with how powerful it is.

When you round a corner, and someone happens to be there, if you don't get that first shot or if they come from the side or something, it's a little hard to dodge. No, I don't suck, I have a 1.33 k/d in this game and climbing, and I still find people punching me especially around corners.

Okay, well my k/d is 1.5 ...does that make my point better or worse than yours? No, so save your personal skill argument. Believe it or not, and this works wonders for me, you can listen to the footsteps of other players getting close in SWAT.....so common sense would tell you, if you hear footsteps coming, and you don't see a teammate icon on your HUD, it's an enemy.

Look, I'm sorry for being rude, but your argument is very narrow. Melee is, and always has been, a part of Halo, and certainly part of SWAT. You can't just nerf melee damage in SWAT because you think it's cheap. Go slower around corners, hold down an area of the map and wait for the opponent to come to you, back away from your opponent while training your sights at their head, etc. There are a number of ways to avoid being melee'd.

EDIT: I think I've been melee'd 2-3 times in SWAT so far. Not saying that since it doesn't bother me it's not a problem, but I feel that it's far from an epidemic worth complaining on a forum about.

Well as much as I loved SWAT in Halo Reach, SWAT in Halo 4 doesn't compare.

Lets start with the maps, some of them are far to big for this game mode and the other thing is just the sheer lack of maps. The same 3/4 maps get voted every time and so i find myself getting very bored, very quickly.

Weapons: I despise the BR in SWAT, nothing worse than getting sprayed the hell out off by noobs slowly walking round corners. What happened to quick, accurate shots? I agree that the DMR should be the only weapon. The pistol as well is just as good as any rifle and needs sorting out, its a side arm not a starting weapon.

Also some other SWAT game modes would be nice as well eg. swat magnums, swat oddball ect.

One last thing, I don't know if anyone else has the same problem but the cross hairs after sprinting take so long to appear! I dont know if this is me being picky but compared to reach it just seems slower at appearing.

Okay, well my k/d is 1.5 ...does that make my point better or worse than yours? No, so save your personal skill argument. Believe it or not, and this works wonders for me, you can listen to the footsteps of other players getting close in SWAT.....so common sense would tell you, if you hear footsteps coming, and you don't see a teammate icon on your HUD, it's an enemy.

Look, I'm sorry for being rude, but your argument is very narrow. Melee is, and always has been, a part of Halo, and certainly part of SWAT. You can't just nerf melee damage in SWAT because you think it's cheap. Go slower around corners, hold down an area of the map and wait for the opponent to come to you, back away from your opponent while training your sights at their head, etc. There are a number of ways to avoid being melee'd.

EDIT: I think I've been melee'd 2-3 times in SWAT so far. Not saying that since it doesn't bother me it's not a problem, but I feel that it's far from an epidemic worth complaining on a forum about.

I'm not saying my point is more valid, you're trying to make it sound like I'm a pretty bad player because people melee me when I'm not. Melee was much better when it took TWO hits, that's all. I'm sorry that I play in the living room, and can't have the volume up high enough to actually hear the footsteps until they're right in my face, and I don't use my turtle beaches. Besides, no one even runs because of the stupid missing crosshair after sprinting, so it's hard to hear them anyway. After numerous hours playing SWAT on Reach, it's a little hard to get used to turning corners in slow motion. I don't need instructions to play, and I'm certainly not the only one who thinks one hit melees are overpowered.

Well as much as I loved SWAT in Halo Reach, SWAT in Halo 4 doesn't compare.

Lets start with the maps, some of them are far to big for this game mode and the other thing is just the sheer lack of maps. The same 3/4 maps get voted every time and so i find myself getting very bored, very quickly.

Weapons: I despise the BR in SWAT, nothing worse than getting sprayed the hell out off by noobs slowly walking round corners. What happened to quick, accurate shots? I agree that the DMR should be the only weapon. The pistol as well is just as good as any rifle and needs sorting out, its a side arm not a starting weapon.

Also some other SWAT game modes would be nice as well eg. swat magnums, swat oddball ect.

One last thing, I don't know if anyone else has the same problem but the cross hairs after sprinting take so long to appear! I dont know if this is me being picky but compared to reach it just seems slower at appearing.

Noticed it as well. I have to tell myself to stop sprinting so much because its getting me killed.

As for the melee; pretty sure it took 2 melee in previous Halo's, whereas its just one in 4.

I agree it should only be the dmr and pistol in swat. Makes u a better player rather then spray and pray with the br. I don't know if it's just my ****ty Internet here on base or not, but I lag the most while playing swat. Earlier I could have had at least a triple kill but it lagged and I died after 1 kill

• 2 weeks later...

They put both in there because of personal preference and both weapons have a place in the game. In bigger maps I use the DMR because it's more accurate at longer ranges. But in smaller it's smarter to use the BR because of the spread. And just because the BR has a spread doesn't just make it a spray and pray fest. As a side not I'm noticing a lot of people complaining that they only want the DMR cause the BR is a spray and pray noob fest, and it's making me guess a lot of you never played Halo 2 or Halo 3 swat where all you had was the BR. The BR was the main weapon when SWAT started so it will ALWAYS be a part of it. Nothing you can do about it. Maybe when 343 updates it they'll add some maps that only allow you to spawn with the DMR or something.