Why is Halo trying to be CoD?

llY0urselfll

Simple question why is halo trying to be CoD? I dont mind the new gameplay/physics and maps, and lobbies. But why no meaningful ranks? More importantly why no weapon spawns? Timed weapon spawns meant strategy and players working together for a cause other that blowing the other teams head off. It also prevented people from just staying in one location. Ranks would be nice as well i mean lets be honest it was always nice to rank up. Ranks also made it so people really want to win instead of just buffing their personal K/D. There needs to be a social (CoD style) and ranked playlists. Everybody would win. Heres hoping for an update if not why play a CoD instead of CoD?

• Like 1

Halo is not trying to be COD. It will be never be like COD. It adopted some COD concepts and successfully (IMO) worked them into Halo without the horrific results of COD (which was a horrible selfish community of 8 year olds who only care about K/D and cry about the enemy having air support but dont bother to try to take it out). There are some bugs and flaws, it is the beginning of the second week after all, that 343 will work out and many more playlists released like SWAT was just recently.

Timed Weapon spawns meant in BTB one team would dominate you, keep you trapped in your spawn, and annihilate you till the match was over. Which SUCKED. I should know because Ive been on both sides of that. Least now you can get rockets dropped right to you and have a chance of doing something. Both systems are flawed but that can be fixed if they add a classic set of playlists. so everyone who prefers the old can play the old and everyone who can play the new can play that too.

• Like 1

It has a ranking system and weapon choice very similar to CoD. What seperated the two for me was the rankings and the weapon spawns. I like the game just hate they did away with what made the game unique and not just another FPS. If i were to ask what game is it that has the weapon spawns and ranking system... only answer i can think of is/was halo. The game is just a generic FPS. BF3, CoD, Crysis, Halo, all too similar now.

Timed Weapon spawns meant in BTB one team would dominate you, keep you trapped in your spawn, and annihilate you till the match was over. Which SUCKED. I should know because Ive been on both sides of that. Least now you can get rockets dropped right to you and have a chance of doing something. Both systems are flawed but that can be fixed if they add a classic set of playlists. so everyone who prefers the old can play the old and everyone who can play the new can play that too.

That was the game. Both systems ARE flawed however now they are all the same. I agree with adding playlists for choice. Those that like pointless ranks that mean nothing obtainable by all can do some. And those that like a challenge and someting different (aka old halo) can have fun as well.

Would like to say I like the game just wish it wasnt sooo generic.

Ok so to change up multiplayer is to get rid of one of Halo's most unique attributes? They havent changed the pace they changed the playstyle of multiplayer. The thing is just adding the strike package thing would have changed the pace. Taking away set weapon spawns changed the game.

Again ill ask what other game forced you to control weapons instead of realestate?

It is in fact easier to spawn kill imo their is no way to break the spawn killing if there is no current weapons on the map and you get backed into a corner. Not 100% sure how the strike thingy works but if your getting no points your not getting weapons.

Timed weapon spawns didn't make a team move around it made them just move where they camped until that weapon spawned again. And rank has always been meaningless in both Halo and CoD. Halo 3 was meaningless because of boosters and people buying 50's. And Reach was pointless cause it just showed how much time you put into the game and same with Halo 4's ranking system. I don't care about rank any more cause I could hit the top rank and still get ****ty team mates who have the same rank but, cheated to get it.

It is in fact easier to spawn kill imo their is no way to break the spawn killing if there is no current weapons on the map and you get backed into a corner. Not 100% sure how the strike thingy works but if your getting no points your not getting weapons.

If you're being spawn camped then you're unable to go get the weapons that are being spawned in set locations on the map. With drops then even if you're being killed if you get assists, a couple kills, ect. then you can get a weapon to help or get lucky and a weapon will spawn next to you to help your team out.

I personally love it, i think its more fun and more action to go right for the enemy and not run around the map looking for guns. Having to get free armor isnt bad either, it may seem too easy but you have to earn them by doing stuff not by just ranking up, there may be some minor bad stuff but in all the experience with the muitiplayer is great.

I agree to this topic most of game structure are similar to CoD which i hate it.. it takes away a tradition called t-bagging or something lol. Yeah, and the ordinance drops makes people camp like ****! One time there's like 3 snipers and their teammate just camp long range when i come out..Baam! head shot lol I wish there could:

be no ordinance (similar to CoD) just weapons on maps just like reach or halo3,

no more instant spawn it's just not like the "Halo" game type

that's about it that i can think of the things that is similar to CoD (not mentioning about the grenade detector)

and i hope 343 will change these "problems" when the next patch comes out

Halo is not trying to be COD. It will be never be like COD. It adopted some COD concepts and successfully (IMO) worked them into Halo without the horrific results of COD (which was a horrible selfish community of 8 year olds who only care about K/D and cry about the enemy having air support but dont bother to try to take it out). There are some bugs and flaws, it is the beginning of the second week after all, that 343 will work out and many more playlists released like SWAT was just recently.

In the first paragraph you're pretty much saying that it's commonplace for games to be patched up. The game should have been in clear cut form when it was first released. If you need to patch something, then you f'd up.

CSR - Competitive Skill Rank.

Being implemented early 2013.

Research before you speak.

Good to know but no need to be an ass that was one point of a multitopic disscussion.

After another night of play i like the game... but I stand by the fact that it needs some old halo. Maybe there is hope with upcoming patches.