53.83 % of people polled Think 343 failed

Change

It all depends where this poll was taken, who it was aimed at, and how many people actually voted on the poll. I'm more along the lines thinking that the poll is BS. From experience, almost everyone I have talked to (who has played Halo 4) has enjoyed the game.

I have stated in several threads why H4 was a total fail....but what I dont get is they did a great job with the remake of CE. The first stage of H4 was great MC was back in action weapons sounded great, well played out battles....BUT....I dont know what happened as the game quickly went down hill fast. It felt like someone else worked on the first stage then the rest was just rushed out the door.

Why would Microsoft allow an ending like that total lack of any battle what so ever just cut scene after cut scene? I highly doubt 343 will make H5 because after this release not too many people will be fooled once again

Who cares who voted for this junk..The reality of the matter is, their is still 300,000+ people online that beg to differ. This game is better than Halo 3, Halo:ODST and Halo: Reach. If it is that bad for you then just quit. 343 has done an amazing job and not to mention this game had so much hype and expectation that everyone knew it had no possible way to meet the standards set. BUT, 343 still did an amazing job. As far as that poll goes, IGN did a full review on the game..they scored is a 9.8/10. Most every major game developing company can base their net sales off of the score IGN gives a game.

Who cares who voted for this junk..The reality of the matter is, their is still 300,000+ people online that beg to differ.

Just because people are playing online doesnt mean they like the game im playing as well even though I dont like the game because for the money I wasted im going to try and get something out of it. 300K online players is nothing compare that to H3 when it was released enough said!

If you guys have been gaming since at least the second Halo - which I would speculate is the case since the criticism of the game is predicated upon comparisons to past games' multiplayer - and probably longer, then you should be old enough, experienced enough, and knowledgeable enough to be fully aware by now that a small sampling on a passionate forum compared to hundreds of thousands of customers from all across the gaming spectrum is in no way statistically significant or reflective of any sort of true consensus.

In fact, even if you took every member of every populated hardcore Halo fan community on the entire web, you wouldn't necessarily be able to get a statistically significant sampling reflective of the majority of Halo 4 players throughout the world. This is what is known as "fog of war". It is what happens when people only see what they have access to, and draw conclusions about the larger reality based on limited information or a limited perspective. There are more people playing Halo 4 than can be reflected by a passionate minority populating internet message boards.

As I have always maintained and always will maintain, everyone has the right to their opinion on the game (and everything else.) No one should be censored or shouted down or stopped from criticizing a game they found woefully disappointing. Especially not one that's a part of a franchise as beloved by so many as Halo. And no, I'm not saying that if a proper study or survey of players was conducted it wouldn't necessarily show the same results.

But seeking to cast the opinions of a small minority as being reflective or a broader consensus is simply not consistent with the reality unless it can be proved by a statistically valid sampling of a far larger and more diverse range of respondents. In short, you don't (and can't) know what the broadest consensus is right now.

Just saying.

• Like 2

Halo 4 has failed completely look around the internet the game is being destroyed on every last single gaming forum. I have never seen a game that sold this many copies become so hated in such a short amount of time. The biggest problem I have is the second disc im betting all the maps are on there but you need to buy a code/pass to access them. Im tired of paying $60 for a game then another $40 for DLC. After seeing the maps they have now I wont be getting any more....RIP Halo

The amount of data is not usable. Many people have come onto this site to complain. People who enjoy the game do not have to go and complain. A good example would be this.

A magazine has an article asking for people to send in letters telling them whether or not they have ever had a bad inncident with a banana.

Results: 54.67% of people who submitted letters had an inncident with a banana. The rest said they have not.

Now the problem is what type of person would be more eager to send in a letter? The one with or without the story of their banana inncident? The person who had a banana story would be more likely to send in that letter.

Now in our case we have a mixture of long time members such as myself. And then we have had members who have recently made accounts to bash on halo 4 and 343i. I have seen threads where people state they have "made an account just" to say something such as comparing halo 4 to cod or whine about the XP cap. So those people are people who will obviously say 343i has failed. If this would have been limited to members who have been here for 3 months or more I think the results would differ.

I plan on posting Data of this poll in a different perspective in a short while.

• Like 1

Just because people are playing online doesnt mean they like the game im playing as well even though I dont like the game because for the money I wasted im going to try and get something out of it. 300K online players is nothing compare that to H3 when it was released enough said!

With all the arguments that have been taking place and stuff all around the web, its pretty much given that Halo 4 is better than Halo 3/Reach to most people. Sorry to pop your pessimistic bubble :(

I thought i would be able to see who voted for what in the poll given when I was on moblie. However now on my laptop I see that I can not. Hopefully you can all take my word for this.

Either way most of the comments under the poll were from mostly new members.

I thought i would be able to see who voted for what in the poll given when I was on moblie. However now on my laptop I see that I can not. Hopefully you can all take my word for this.

Either way most of the comments under the poll were from mostly new members.

Exactly. There are so many new members joining just to ask me question or to vote in one poll, and then they go MIA. It's kind of unfair

I am the poster who created the thread/poll that this thread is talking about. Although I listed several things in my original post that I do not like about Halo 4 (I voted that I dislike most of the changes), I never said that I did not like the game. In fact in a later post on that thread, I stated that I actually enjoy the game. The thread was meant to see if people liked the changes to Halo or not, as well as which changes they liked or disliked, as I asked for voters to post an explaination as well. It was not meant to find out how many people hated the game or to start bash wars.

I do want to say that all the points made in this thread are valid, but none of them can fully dismiss the results of the poll. The only point made in this thread that I disagree with is the one that says that people who just created their 343i account have opinions that count less than others that have been here longer. I have been playing Halo for more than a decade, but because I decided not to join the 343i forum 3 months before the game came out, my opinion is invalid? I don't think so. Anyway...I am aware that it is a small sample size, complainers complain, etc...but the votes are still there.

To sum it up, I think 343 made a fine game and I do NOT think they failed as the creator of this thread stated. I do, however, look forward to them redeeming themselves with Halo 5. I am playing Halo 4 online and plan to continue playing it for the foreseeabe future. But I think it could have been so much better if they had chosen to improve the already established Halo formula rather than simply implementing "CoD" elements.

• Like 1

See, the problem with "polls" and trying to get a firm idea of where the community stands, especially in a poll that is conducted on a forum, where it will stay open until the topic gets locked, is that the numbers will always change. For example, right now the first two options control 57.50%, meaning that since you posted this, the poll has swung in the opposite direction.

A breakdown, as of right now (based on the poll, which is subjective to say the least):

People who like the changes in the game: 57.50%

People who are 50/50: 12.50%

People who dislike the changes in the game: 30%.

Next time you want to make a thread basing information on a "poll" conducted only a single day earlier, think twice about it.

/thread

• Like 2