mantis

Caboose The Ace

47 members have voted

1. 1. mantis

• balnced
    • overpowerd

It is completely balanced. The Mantis is good on only about half the map, that half being the side you control, once you moves beyond that safe limit all attention is focused on the Mantis, and if you stay on the side chances are you will die within a minute.

It is more of a support vehicle if you want to successfully use it as it can hurt people from far away and kill vehicles in a snap.

I truly believe that if you are assaulting a team in a Mantis, you are using it wrong.

No vehicle in Halo 4 is overpower. Hit em with the plasma pistol.

I am an experienced vehicle user, take it from me, we vehicle goofs have it hard this time around, with a lot of stickys and lasers and binary rifles around every corner. Im also using the laser a lot, and a minute into a game on ragnarok I've sometimes taken down the mantis, warthog and banshee with it, ofcourse depenting on my teammates shooting back with their vehicles and br's and distracting so I get clean shots.

here u can disscus the mantis halo 4s new veichule

i am a bad speller ....

i think its good and very fun but a tad bit overpowerd maybe

I do not think its overpowered at all, the thing is so easy to swarm and the shields are like a normal sparatn's (which imo make it a bit underwhelming actually...)

I don't think its OP...or maybe that's just because i'm **** with it... lol

but it is fairly easy to take down if you know what your doing, a couple of people with power weapons and some vehicles...mantis is gone

I agree lol. I can't seem to get more than a couple kills when I get in one.

I will say if your teammates hang out around you to protect you in it then the Mantis dominates. But if you get no support and are left high and dry then you can get taken care of pretty quickly.

The Mantis is grossly overpowered. Its high mobility and stomp make the thing incredibly difficult to kill without a spartan laser. I've not once been able to hijack the bloody thing.

I'd much rather they were removed and replaced with the wraith again. The Mantis would be balanced if it was slower and its stomp was removed or if its armor was much weaker.

Every player should have a loadout with the Plasma pistol for any map where vehicles play a big role. A lone mantis is easy to take down. One overcharge plasma pistol shot and you are free to jack it easily. The problems arise when the other players on the other team are supporting the mantis. This is when it becomes a very powerful unit. But the same goes for the tank and wraith to, its just alot less common to see.

I think that the reason players seem to support the mantis player more in this game is because of the way it moves. It moves like a spartan i.e. it can strafe, rotate and move all at the same time. This means it is very easy to reposition yourself and since it doesnt take up much room it is very easy for your team to move around you.

I am still undecided on wether i like the mantis though. In BTB fair enough, it has its place their, but in CTF it can get out of hand very quickly if you are playing with people you dont know and arent communicating and working together. It is almost impossible to, by yourself, take down a mantis with teammates supporting him.

In all honesty though, i feel like they need to bring back atleast a few power weapon pickups on the maps which respawn in around the same time as the did on reach/H3. Atleast then if you know rockets on splaser is about to come up you can make a push for it and try and take out the mantis with it

• Like 1