FaTaL

This is not a rant post, if you want to flame please do not do it here. I know 343 has a lot of updates planned, but as of right now we have no idea what there future intentions are for the game. So, here are my thoughts of what I think needs to be improvised about Halo 4 Matchmaking for the most part.

SLAYER Pro/ Infinity Slayer:Matchmaking has ALWAYS been the competitive side of Halo. The system should not allow a game to start without an even number of players on each team. Too many times have I entered into a MM game and we have been outnumbered sometimes 5v3, but for the most part 5v4. This altars many things and causes a lot of issues. Such as: K/D ratio (Many players wish to keep this number in good standing), Win/Loss record (another stat a player would wish to keep in good standing), it takes the fun out of most of the game especially game types like oddball where one team mate has to hold a skull with no weapon to fire, thus making it practically 5v3 or 5v2 if the teams are unmatched like mentioned earlier.

Team Doubles / 3v3 playlist: I have never heard of a playlist dedicated to 3v3, but I believe it would be quite a hit if it were made into a real game type. Some of us can not find a 4th player to play with, or maybe some of us are just like my team and would love to stick to a smaller more tactical 3v3 schematic setting. As far as Team Doubles..This game type should have never been removed from the Halo series in the first place. This is a huge game type not only in previous Halo games, but also GameBattles and MLG. Doubles is the one game type where you can use the chemistry with only a yourself and a friend, making it much more diverse, tactical, strategically difficult and would require more communication.

Capture the Flag: Why is their no single flag game types? Single flag sets a whole new type of strategy for the two teams playing each other. You have to have a complex defense strategy for defending your flag only, as well as a well planned offensive strike against the opposing team set up to defend the flag. With only multi-flag it is like a slayer match with 2 flags on either side. Given it is fun and all, we all need a break from 2 flag CTF every now and then.

Oddball: ....343 let me just start off by saying BRAVO with the ability to throw the ball. I love it, it gives it that extra sense of urgency and maneuverability that both teams need in order to win. The strategic setting of this game type has not doubled if not tripled in my own opinion. Not only that, but it opens up room for fun recreational custom game types like football or basketball. The one hit beat downs also do this game type justice. I like the fact that a defenseless player can 1 hit beat down another player, it makes the ball holder more useful and a skilled ball holder just as deadly as a defending team mate.

Assault: Assault was such a fun game type that I can't imagine the reasoning behind taking it out of Halo 4. The fact that you had to get into a base by either sneaking or killing the opposing team, plant the bomb, and run out of the area to win the round..was just down right awesome.Assault is one of those game types that people would grow instantly excited when they realize the game they were playing. This should be implemented back into Halo!

A few smaller things that kind of annoy me are: When sprinting, the time it takes for your reticules to show up after you stop the sprint. The fact that when hitting "back" to check the score, your guy can't move. There not being an ability to pair up with another team of 3 to make it 3v3 like back in the older Halo games. How weak the grenades are. The lack of the ranking system. Matchmaking feels more like "Social Slayer" rather than competitive matchmaking, even guests are allowed to play in MM....Not cool. The last thing I can think of at this time is the DMR being way to powerful. It is now a 4 shot kill (just like the BR), it shots WAAYYY further than the BR, it has up close precision and in my opinion it is more accurate due to it only shooting 1 shot per trigger pull rather than 3 shot burst (making it more accurate than the BR)..thus concluding that it is overpowered and if you wanted to bring the BR back in style then you need to downgrade the DMR to equal the playing field. Trust me on this one, You have converted many die hard BR fanatics over to the DMR scene because the BR just doesn't compete with it.

I know you guys are trying your best, but hear us out about some of this stuff. Being different and making a drastic change to Halo is a good thing, 343 has done an AMAZING job upgrading the game since Halo 3. But, you can not take everything away and rid too many things just to be different, players had an expectation required for 343 to meet and they haven't quite gotten to that point yet.

What do you guys think about this..- FaTaL

• Like 3

Finally someone posting a good and worthy review on this game. Some things I don't mind how they are, but you actually give a in depth argument for why you think it should be in the game, or not. And actually praise, dear lord, I have waited so long for someone to actually give good praise for this game.

Though one thing you may not know, there is a ranking system, kinda similar to Halo 3's. Coming around early 2013 I do believe.

• Like 2

Oddball: ....343 let me just start off by saying BRAVO with the ability to throw the ball. I love it, it gives it that extra sense of urgency and maneuverability that both teams need in order to win. The strategic setting of this game type has not doubled if not tripled in my own opinion. Not only that, but it opens up room for fun recreational custom game types like football or basketball. The one hit beat downs also do this game type justice. I like the fact that a defenseless player can 1 hit beat down another player, it makes the ball holder more useful and a skilled ball holder just as deadly as a defending team mate.

Also, try this: When an enemy is shooting you while you have the ball, you have 4 choices. 1. Die. 2. Beat them down if they're close enough. 3. Pass the ball to a nearby teammate. Now, if you're like me, then sometimes, these first 3 options are not options at all. If you find yourself in a situation where it looks like this guy is gonna DMR the **** out of you, then just throw him the ball. This does 2 things: 1. It confuses and surprises most opponents. 2. It makes them unable to shoot until they get rid of the ball. So, toss your lone enemy combatant the ball and blast him in the face over and over. Once he's dead, pick the ball back up and carry on as you were.

It's a bit of a risky move but it works more often than not. It's also a pretty good feeling to own someone in that way. Happy hunting!

Note: My tag is gaurdianfo. If you do this to me, I'm gonna be pissed but feel free to send me a message saying thanks for tip ;)

I agree with you on pretty much everything you've said. Well written.

When it comes to theDMR is definitely better long range, but mid to close, I still can't decide which I like more.

2v2 should be a playlist option, but I feel like none of the maps are small enough. 3v3 would be cool. I miss multi team, especially assault. BTB assault games were the best.

FaTaL, I'd be interested to know what you think about weapon drops, the "perk" system, and weapon placement on the maps.

This is not a rant post, if you want to flame please do not do it here. I know 343 has a lot of updates planned, but as of right now we have no idea what there future intentions are for the game. So, here are my thoughts of what I think needs to be improvised about Halo 4 Matchmaking for the most part.

SLAYER Pro/ Infinity Slayer:Matchmaking has ALWAYS been the competitive side of Halo. The system should not allow a game to start without an even number of players on each team. Too many times have I entered into a MM game and we have been outnumbered sometimes 5v3, but for the most part 5v4. This altars many things and causes a lot of issues. Such as: K/D ratio (Many players wish to keep this number in good standing), Win/Loss record (another stat a player would wish to keep in good standing), it takes the fun out of most of the game especially game types like oddball where one team mate has to hold a skull with no weapon to fire, thus making it practically 5v3 or 5v2 if the teams are unmatched like mentioned earlier.

Team Doubles / 3v3 playlist: I have never heard of a playlist dedicated to 3v3, but I believe it would be quite a hit if it were made into a real game type. Some of us can not find a 4th player to play with, or maybe some of us are just like my team and would love to stick to a smaller more tactical 3v3 schematic setting. As far as Team Doubles..This game type should have never been removed from the Halo series in the first place. This is a huge game type not only in previous Halo games, but also GameBattles and MLG. Doubles is the one game type where you can use the chemistry with only a yourself and a friend, making it much more diverse, tactical, strategically difficult and would require more communication.

Capture the Flag: Why is their no single flag game types? Single flag sets a whole new type of strategy for the two teams playing each other. You have to have a complex defense strategy for defending your flag only, as well as a well planned offensive strike against the opposing team set up to defend the flag. With only multi-flag it is like a slayer match with 2 flags on either side. Given it is fun and all, we all need a break from 2 flag CTF every now and then.

Assault: Assault was such a fun game type that I can't imagine the reasoning behind taking it out of Halo 4. The fact that you had to get into a base by either sneaking or killing the opposing team, plant the bomb, and run out of the area to win the round..was just down right awesome.Assault is one of those game types that people would grow instantly excited when they realize the game they were playing. This should be implemented back into Halo!

A few smaller things that kind of annoy me are: When sprinting, the time it takes for your reticules to show up after you stop the sprint. The fact that when hitting "back" to check the score, your guy can't move. There not being an ability to pair up with another team of 3 to make it 3v3 like back in the older Halo games. How weak the grenades are. The lack of the ranking system. Matchmaking feels more like "Social Slayer" rather than competitive matchmaking, even guests are allowed to play in MM....Not cool. The last thing I can think of at this time is the DMR being way to powerful. It is now a 4 shot kill (just like the BR), it shots WAAYYY further than the BR, it has up close precision and in my opinion it is more accurate due to it only shooting 1 shot per trigger pull rather than 3 shot burst (making it more accurate than the BR)..thus concluding that it is overpowered and if you wanted to bring the BR back in style then you need to downgrade the DMR to equal the playing field. Trust me on this one, You have converted many die hard BR fanatics over to the DMR scene because the BR just doesn't compete with it.

I know you guys are trying your best, but hear us out about some of this stuff. Being different and making a drastic change to Halo is a good thing, 343 has done an AMAZING job upgrading the game since Halo 3. But, you can not take everything away and rid too many things just to be different, players had an expectation required for 343 to meet and they haven't quite gotten to that point yet.

BR and DMR are both 5sk.

Finally someone posting a good and worthy review on this game. Some things I don't mind how they are, but you actually give a in depth argument for why you think it should be in the game, or not. And actually praise, dear lord, I have waited so long for someone to actually give good praise for this game.

Though one thing you may not know, there is a ranking system, kinda similar to Halo 3's. Coming around early 2013 I do believe.

i praise this game but i dont say it cause i know the haters will flame me for it.

BR and DMR are both 5sk.

Yes, I am sorry. Thank you for the correction.

I agree with you on pretty much everything you've said. Well written.

When it comes to theDMR is definitely better long range, but mid to close, I still can't decide which I like more.

2v2 should be a playlist option, but I feel like none of the maps are small enough. 3v3 would be cool. I miss multi team, especially assault. BTB assault games were the best.

FaTaL, I'd be interested to know what you think about weapon drops, the "perk" system, and weapon placement on the maps.

The perk system seems pretty even as far as which perks you choose with which weapons and so on. It is nice to have the option to have more than 1 Load out. I use the weapons perk which allows the use of two primary weapons (DMR and Assault rifle). The perk system definitely surprised me with how well it has been implemented.

The weapons on the map aren't my favorite part of the game, but they seem fair. I do think they made the needler a little more powerful or accurate. I think the incineration cannon is definitely WAY overpowered, which spawns on a few of the maps (Solace?). But, all in all it seems as if 343 has definitely made it fair for either team to get to their weapon spawn to make the match as even as possible. Another weapon I think is Overpowered is the charged bolt shot and the shotgun for sure. We need to get the distance of the blast tuned down a little and it will be perfect.

Has anyone else noticed you can not lunge anymore? =[ I always fall for that and it fails every time.

Also, try this: When an enemy is shooting you while you have the ball, you have 4 choices. 1. Die. 2. Beat them down if they're close enough. 3. Pass the ball to a nearby teammate. Now, if you're like me, then sometimes, these first 3 options are not options at all. If you find yourself in a situation where it looks like this guy is gonna DMR the **** out of you, then just throw him the ball. This does 2 things: 1. It confuses and surprises most opponents. 2. It makes them unable to shoot until they get rid of the ball. So, toss your lone enemy combatant the ball and blast him in the face over and over. Once he's dead, pick the ball back up and carry on as you were.

It's a bit of a risky move but it works more often than not. It's also a pretty good feeling to own someone in that way. Happy hunting!

Note: My tag is gaurdianfo. If you do this to me, I'm gonna be pissed but feel free to send me a message saying thanks for tip ;)

Haha, you are right about all of these and thank you for posting them on this thread. They are very good strategies, although I will admit I figured all of this out the instant I figured you could throw the ball ;). But, once again, thank you for pointing this out!

Edited by FaTaL