Please, give me option to turn down game volume

FaTaLxBH

Im not trying to be the one poor guy of the bunch, but I don't own one of these fancy headsets all these kids have these days. I can not, for the life of me hear my team mates, and it's stressing me out.

I noticed in the game options for sound, there are no options to turn up or down game volume or chat volume... I noticed one thread started already that ended with the answer of using the option in your xbox guide > preferences > voice... but that doesn't work.

So... option to turn down game volume... please?

• Like 1

i have old ear force x2's from 10 years ago... not fancy by any means what so ever.

still, my wife works a shift that starts at 3am, i play up until she leaves, i dont want to be forced to play with a silenced tv and the xbox headset... but you are right, it IS a solution :)

i do hope to purchase a new set eventually... but the option to turn down game volume seems so old school it should be included by default wouldn't ya think? sometimes i like to play music through my xbox, i dont want to hear grenades and guns at the same volume as the music... so its beyond me just not being able to hear friends

• 3 weeks later...

Kay, so I play my xbox on my computer monitor and have the sound going through my computer to my computer speakers or headset. I've noticed the volume for my xbox is always louder than my computer. When ever I'm playing video games I'm usually on skype as well and to be able to hear my friends on skype I'll usually just turn down the audio of whatever game I'm playing. Anyway halo 4 is the first xbox game I've played that doesn't seem to have an in game audio setting to turn down the game volume (which i think is weird, it seems like a pretty basic feature). Does anybody know if there's a way to turn down maybe xbox 360 volume?