The Flood Fix List

Armor-Plated Hank

Yes complaining gets you nowhere, and sitting back and saying nothing let's 343 what the community wants changed. Also, apparently listing valid points in a clear and concise manner is immature. Huh...

] 5) Flood Loadouts Cannot be Customized [/b]How can 343 be so arrogant as to think that their arbitrary choice of Flood loadouts will perfectly suit every single Flood game variant? Could they not think of a situation in which a player might want the Flood to have access to Promethean Vision but not the Boost Pack? What if someone wanted to give the Flood jetpacks? I don't think any more needs to be said. 343 really shot custom games in the foot with this one.That's all I've been able to find so far. Once again, please add anything that I've missed. And even if you don't have anything constructive to say, please post to say that you think that the above problems need to be corrected. 343 won't acknowledge these issues unless enough people are speaking out about them.

I've highlighted one example for you. Your welcome.

• Like 1

Very upset!!! I just finished makes a splatter fest map and duck hunt map, I was able to play duck hunt but it wasnt the same at all, you cant even change the loadouts! I love the trait zones and gravity zones, but theres a lot of little things you left out. If you dont want to bring INFECTION back at least MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE FLOOD LOADOUT, and then come to find out PLACED GRANADES dont even show up on the map in the GAME TYPE FLOOD, ive spent so much time trying to make the grenades appear by doing stuff in forge by labeling them as flood making sure it says placed on both types of game types and plent of other things like searching forever in the game type customization menu for weapons placed on map, and thats not even an option anymore. All of my forge maps are usually based on INFECTION game type... GUESS NOT ANYMORE... EVERYTHING ELSE YOUVE DONE WITH THIS GAME IS AWESOME, CAMPAIGN, MULTIPLAYER, STORY LINE, AND EVEN THEATER BUT FORGING IS SADLY NOT THE SAME.. WHAT HAPPENED TO HOLDING DOWN THE JOYSTICK TO MAKE TURNING AND MOVING OBJECTS SLOWER. I NOW MOST OF YOU AT 343 ARE HAPPY YOUR PRODUCT HAS SOLD SO HIGH, BUT KNOWS THE REAL TIME YOU SHOW WHO YOU REALLY ARE, ARE YOU GONNA READ THIS AND SAY, "I DONT CARE, ITS NOT GOING TO INCREASE OUR SALES" OR ARE YOU GONNA BE CLASSES AND SAY "YOU KNOW WE HAVE TO WITHHOLD WHAT BUNGIE DID WITH THIS GAME AND SHOW WE CAN BE JUST AS CLASSY OR EVEN MORE CLASSY THAN THEM AND LISTEN TO OUR FANS" YOU MIGHT NOT EVEN READ THIS AT ALL, AND THATS FINE TOO, ITS YOUR CHOISE. made this account just for this problem...

I just tested this out, and i got a splatter with a ghost, no problem. There may be a more specific issue on your end.

If you turn the damage of how much a flood can do to 0% and ram someone with a ghost, warthog, ect, 0 damage is done unlike in halo 3 and reach. The reason this is a problem is half the infection custom games i play are all based on kill the noninfected with splattering (SPLATTER FEST) and not being able to get out of the veihical and shot the other players.

I just tested this out, and i got a splatter with a ghost, no problem. There may be a more specific issue on your end.

Huh, i had the damage turned up, and still no dice with a Warthog. That's weird...

I've highlighted one example for you. Your welcome.

I agree that the points could be better written, but I as a developer would rather have this type of feedback than none at all. People care about this game enough to mention this stuff at all.

It's just so frustrating when there really wasn't any reason to change it so much at all other than the flood might look cool to some people. I get that, but that's no reason to change core gameplay mechanics associated with the game types, especially when, at least as far as I knew, many more people play custom games than play normal infected playlists. I played it once or twice before I got bored, but that's just my taste. The issue is that it take many important things away while not fundamentally adding a whole lot other than a skin for zombies.

I support. I have also realized it isn't only for flood game type that you can't spawn weapon, you can't spawn weapon to any game type at all only put ordnance.

And for god sake please make a map like forge world or a big map because almost all my infection map was about a infection race. One zombie who is shooting with sniper while the spartans get's from plan A to B and then kill the zombie and to make a game type like that you need a big map.

It's like 343i didn't even bother to look at flood mode's option. And i'm sure that 343 won't give a sh•t about this thread either. They may start think about this if more than a third of all people who has halo 4 start's to complain about the flood mode.

If it continoues like this I think nothing will happen until the next halo game.

I also support this with intense aggravated fury. Multiple times have I made a map only to find out that it's essentially useless because I can't set the game options the way I need too. So very limiting. And they have the nerve to say that forge has been "vastly improved," sure...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hav some other issues tht could do with fixing, though all the most important ones hav already been voiced.

1. Disable red name: this was a less well known appearance option in reach, but i loved it. It disguised the invisible players in gametypes like ghostbusters and 30 days and nights much better, but was particularly important in maps where you are hiding without invis, or behind a leaves as the red name made tht useless. This insnt specific to flood, but it is most useful in zombi gametypes

2. Respawn settings - sync with team: this option allowed us to make maps where slow zombies could spawn in hordes, making rly fun gametypes (youtube search 'halo reach urban')

3. Purple fx: it is impossible to create night lighting conditions without this. Thnx alot 343. You removed this but apparently pen and ink is just too good to be removed. Wtf.

4. This is more of a glitch, but i found out today that if a flood gets on the back of a mongoose, it gitches and appears to be standing perfectly upright and hovering above the mongoose. He cannot melee / attack in the glitch. Strangest of all, he is holding his claw like an assault rifle?! Normal i would hav been laughing, but this glitch meant that the map i had been working on for the last 3 days is now unusable. Worst of all this happened in front of many of my friends and they think im retarded at forging now -.-

Also i dont know if anyone else feels this way too, but what i find rly annoying is that these simple little options we love have been systematically and purposefully removed, while 343 filled literally half of all the game options avaliable with pointlessly detailed customizable ordenance options!! I mean srsly, who is gonna wade through 30 different weapon options, thoughtfully adjusting the probability weighting from 1-10 for the exact weapons they want their players to earn?!

I dont know about you guys, but i can safely say right now tht for about 90% of my games i wont be wanting any weapon changing at all, and will simply be clicking 'disable' for this entire half of the game options 343 have given to us.

It almost looks like they knew ppl wouldnt use it, so they got jealous and decided to remove the ability to place weapons in map, in some desperate attempt to encourage ppl to use it. Even if its just to reload a single weapon haha.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I completely agree with Armor-Plated Hank. I would like it if 343i created a second built-in game type for infection which allows the following:

customizable armor color

customizable load outs for flood/zombies

Halo 3 VOIP customization

removable red overhead name

sprint toggle

weapon placement in map

flood vehicle splatter damage/vehicle weapon damage

If 343i did this I would be able to create new custom games, or bring back old games such as Hot Pusuit and Splatter Monkey.

I made this account just so that i could agree to this thread. There is a couple of things i would like to add as well.

but first @ Drone: that is excactily what this thread is, no one is being nasty or inconsiderate so i'm not quite sure why you are having a problem. if its the lack of constructive critesizem then you must not have read the main thread post because thats what it is, further more there is little good about the new flood when you compare it to old infection and all the new forge options that can't be used in the flood game type.

1. I made a very complex map and it will be useless untill they patch the Weapon spawn problem.

2. I had already experianced the Base Turret freindly fire Flaw and its because the turret becomes neutral in flood because flood are labeled as deffenders by default and can not be changed. so a neutral turret attacks everyone is the point i'm getting at. which does not entirely make sense because in all other game types you can not build neutral turrets. ( A temporay fix is to just build turrets facing a direction that humans wont go and Flood spawn from.)

3. A problem not yet mentioned is the fact that if you don't want load outs for the humans you can shut them off and set up the humans equipment in base player traits but the traits effect Flood as well. The Flood traits and Alpha flood traits overide base traits and if you want ability pick up only and no spawning with them then you can coustomize it in base player but because you can't change Flood load outs you would have to turn of ability use for them. this can work but my problem is i wanted promethan vision for the alpha Flood only but you have to put it in base player triats to do this. the problem is there is no human traits so the humans spawn with promethan vision too. A solution is to make the flood and Alpha Floods traits as coustomizable as the base player. ( This would also allow flood to spawn with other weapons.)

4. On a side note it would be cool if you could use more than just the Base Turret from Dominion in Flood but also use the Base shields and Base Terminal.

5. I'm not sure but so far i have had no problem with the forced color in flood, we spawn in normal armor in Flood coustom games. But a good qustion for 343 is why make flood game types without keeping old infection and even a bigger question why take away weapon spawn but leave vehicle spawn. i would say vehicles over power weapons in Flood so why one and not the other.

hh

the point of flood is it is hard to survive the round and victores for survious are hard its a survivle game 343 have donw it spot oon so now flood and humans can have fun

I disagree and if you would have taken the ime to read this thread maybe you would to, and if not thats because you lack friends that play coustom games with you. (besides slayer type or the unadulterated infection/flood varients.) Also besides cosmetics can you name one thing that Flood has done to imptove the prior Infection game varients?

• 2 weeks later...

well this is there first game and the look of the flood is ok but why ask for changes when in and a update will not do anything to offline user.

for people who make mods thats the update for flood duck hunt i play and i tryed changing it to a binnary riffle and i couldn't so find a modder ask him the only hope is that halo 5 will be better.

( at least if you die if you disable flood convertion then you respawn as human)