The Arbiter for Halo 5?

Fred

I wish The Arbiter would return, but only if it would be fitting to the story. Which, I doubt will happen. As for the Flood, I really hope they don't come back. Fending off against the Flood is such a bland objective at this point. If anything, maybe just a slight appearance for one good firefight. More than that would just be down right repetitive. The Flood was awesome, but something more refreshing to the Halo campaign is needed.

I think the Elites are really from earth. They are dinosaurs that left earth before the the disaster that wiped out the unintelligent dinos. Than they forgot as the millennia past and now they are enemies of humans even tho they really are ancestors of us.

The Elites can't be dinosaurs simply because they evolved on a completely separate planet. They are reptiles, but not dinosaurs. 

Also in response to Fred, Halo 3 was for the most part about putting an end to the Flood and the Covenant loyalists for good, and both felt conclusively defeated at the end. If they were to reappear but be quickly put back down then that would be okay, but I don't want them to be a major part of the new trilogy. I think this is a lot like complaining that the CIS wasn't in Star Wars 4-6. They were effectively destroyed by the Empire. Yes, they could still be around 20 years later, but they certainly weren't active. 

Kind of funny how people seem to think that just because a certain species or character appeared in the original trilogy, its going to make a comeback in the reclaimer trilogy.

Arbiter: He went home at the end of Halo 3. Though, there is some possibilties he might return, I extremely doubt it. Also, be aware that 343 Industries is not going to put an elite vs elite battle in any future games. It'll sound like Arbiter is an elite terriosts who is fighting for the humans.

Avery Johnson: He's dead. Why do people think that just because they saw some technically impossible legendary ending from the first game where Johnson survived the destruction of the ring, he can survive getting beamed on and a destruction to another halo ring? It doesn't work that way. He's dead, just putting him back or even reviving him would break the canonical story.

Flood: The Flood is defeated and is an outdated species. No, it will not return unless the master chief stumbles across another halo ring.

Really? we've only explored 2 rings, and there's still another 5 out there to be explored, so yeah, the flood should make a return in halo 5. and the storm elites are deluded and it would make sense for the arbiter to put a stop to the madness and help the unsc desroy them.

• Like 1

Do I believe the flood are alive? Yes, somewhere on "1" ring, I am sure flood are dormant, but it is going to be a long time before they are released, the Arbiter has to come back, he didn't fit well into Halo 4's story, so they didn't put him there, but he may fit into Halo 5's story.

I really want Arbiter back in Halo franchise, i agree with Jasper on all its his argument ...really, Arbiter is as big as MasterChief. I loved to play as him in Halo 2, that story gave much more life to the story. I certainly don´t care if i am or play as another Spartan, but i really wanna be Arbiter again...plus there´s a big possibility there to tell more stories not Masterchief related. The covenant has its own politics/clans whatever, so that´s a big piece of story we can expand. 

343 Make Arbiter come back, it would be Epic ! 

• 2 weeks later...

It needs to have the elites as allies back, just wouldnt be the same without em

Ditto. Halo 2 felt more complicated. It made the Covenant (well, at least the Elites and Grunts) feel like people rather than vicious monsters. Halo 3, to a slightly lesser extent, did the same thing. And that was one of the many features of those games that made them so good- it wasn't a simple good vs. evil conflict; it was more complicated than that.

Halo 4 has a more cliche "KILL ALL TEH BAD GUYZ!!!!!!!11one1eleven" feel to it. One good faction, one evil faction. I want that more complicated conflict atmosphere back.

And I do feel that the Flood will have to return in some way now, after doing more research. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the Arbiter will be back for Halo 5. He will come to Earth asking for the help of Master Chief and the UNSC to put a stop to the Covenant civil war. The storm Covenant will whined up releasing the flood "again", and Chief will some way have to recover Cortana to stop the Flood infection. There's still Offensive Bias, Forunners(Didact and Llibrarian), Precursers, and Gravemind (being locked up o istallation 07).

That's my prediction, what does the community think.

343 also said Halo 5 is going to be darker. What I assume from this is important characters are going to die and worlds are going to be consumed/destroyed.

Too bad the Covenant Civil war ended in 2555.

• 4 weeks later...

WHAT IF- Cortana was stalled onto softwar, like what was stated, and is turned into an actual human on a differant shield world? It is the opposite of what happened to Chakas, or better known, 343Guility Spark...!?

Sad as Cortana's death is, I don't think that would work. The Composer was great at converting living beings into data/AIs, but not so good at convertifng data back. 

The only way I can see Cortana returning is through the recovery of her fragments, assuming of course that they weren't destroyed along with the rest of Mantle's Approach, which they probably were.

Also, I think having Cortana sacrifice herself was a very good outcome (better than her being "treated" for her rampancy and being left with an emotionless, machine-like state similar to the way she was at the beginning of Halo: CE).

• 2 weeks later...

We know that the Arbiter is still alive. He is with the UNSC. It tells you about him in Halo The Thursday War book. I haven't read it but I saw someone post something about how he is still alive. I don't want to spoil anything but all I will say is that the Arbiter won't betray Chief or the UNSC and he is still alive. I'm not sure if we will be seeing him in any more Halo's though. We probably will but I have no idea when. In Halo 6, he might join with the Chief again and have some epic fight at the end. I have a feeling the Arbiter's going to die. If he does, it will be an epic one.

This may be just me, but I do believe that the flood will come back, and yes, probably stronger than ever. Although Master Chief kindof killed the flood, they are a weird disease, and disease can't simply be destroyed by guns,etc unless it was the thing that is causing it. Since diseases take years to track, i believe in Halo 5 that Master Chief will finally destroy the flood for once and for all with a type of cure, with the help of Cortana or Dr.Halsey, because they was some reason Dr.Halsey was shown in the beginning before the game play.  The Arbiter, I believe, will come back and possibly be the one who finds the cure's location, after they find out what may cure the disease of the Flood. 

This may be just me, but I do believe that the flood will come back, and yes, probably stronger than ever. Although Master Chief kindof killed the flood, they are a weird disease, and disease can't simply be destroyed by guns,etc unless it was the thing that is causing it. Since diseases take years to track, i believe in Halo 5 that Master Chief will finally destroy the flood for once and for all with a type of cure, with the help of Cortana or Dr.Halsey, because they was some reason Dr.Halsey was shown in the beginning before the game play.  The Arbiter, I believe, will come back and possibly be the one who finds the cure's location, after they find out what may cure the disease of the Flood. 

I agree with you on that, the flood is a virus, and have been hinted to return multiple times, even in a Pre-Order description for Halo 5, which Microsoft quickly removed and claimed false, they mentioned being Hunted. The Prometheans might be hunters, but, a natural hunter is a virus, as it pursues to destroy until it accomplishes it's goal.

• 1 month later...

Kind of funny how people seem to think that just because a certain species or character appeared in the original trilogy, its going to make a comeback in the reclaimer trilogy.

Arbiter: He went home at the end of Halo 3. Though, there is some possibilties he might return, I extremely doubt it. Also, be aware that 343 Industries is not going to put an elite vs elite battle in any future games. It'll sound like Arbiter is an elite terriosts who is fighting for the humans.

Avery Johnson: He's dead. Why do people think that just because they saw some technically impossible legendary ending from the first game where Johnson survived the destruction of the ring, he can survive getting beamed on and a destruction to another halo ring? It doesn't work that way. He's dead, just putting him back or even reviving him would break the canonical story.

Flood: The Flood is defeated and is an outdated species. No, it will not return unless the master chief stumbles across another halo ring.

Flood will return they have to even if we dont open the flood prison chambers they will break out like they did on installation 05 .

SGT. johnson could be alive men mendicant bias could have teleported him to safety if mendicant is on the ark

Arbiter WAS fighting  against the terrorist and won with the help of the infinity in the kilo five books.