The Arbiter for Halo 5?

Fred

I think halo 5 will be about the Arbiter going to earth and asking Chief for help. The story should be about Chief and the Arbiter stopping the rogue Covenant who now control the Didacts army of Prometheus. The Rogue group of elites will discover another halo and try to learn it's secrets, but their efforts will release the flood again. As the flood take over the rogue groups ships, they embark to the elites homeworld to destroy it. Please tell me what you think of this idea for halo 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great idea, maybe it would be awesome to have a split campaign again ( halo 2 ).

I hope the playable elite are coming back in halo 5 ( multiplayer ), Elites have always been my favourite race in halo.

Maybe a elite ops or something like that would be awesome too, or playable elites in firefight (if it is returning)

well i just learned that the arbiter won't be thell vadumee. my friends told me he died in the thursday war. so it will be a new arbiter

Nah, He's not dead. Personally I didn't read the thursday war, but from what I got out of a summary is a civil war started on his (Thel's) home planet. He eventually needed help from UNSC Admiral Terrence Hood who let the infinity assist by mac blasting the elite rebels and destroying one or two rebel ships (give or take). That assist turned the battle in Thel's favor and he's still breathing... 

• Like 2

I will say that much:

I think it is logical for Arbiter to show again. And kind of logical for flood too, while not really in the HALO 5, but rather HALO 6.

Some people even said, that Arbiter's story is done and whatnot. That's something you should never say in fiction stories, especially about major characters in sequels. If they really intended the good elites to never show up again, why would they write novels about them? Why would there be mentions about Arbiter and his homeworld at all? If all that mattered were the new Spartans and Forerunnes, why just let elites go to their homeworld and forget about them. Or do you think that their whole story will now be only in books? I highly doubt it.

Also, from the point I see it, I say that there must be the GOOD elites. The HALO 4 set up a new theme that was not there before,... like never. It has shown some backstage immoral things that humans were doing, it has shown the humanity from the bad site. It has shown that it is not entirely black and white even from the human side of the conflict. Even the players who didn't read the books now know how questionable the Spartan project was and that Halsy was really creating Spartans only because she was curious, rather that she wanted to help humanity. She was creating them by kidnapping children from their parents, most of them were killed in the process of augmentation and the rest of them were sent to kill the separatists. Imagine if a thing such as this would come to light in our real world.

Now, the leadership wants to get rid of Halsy, but they fail. At this moment, I have no idea what to think about her? Is it better to kill her? To let her live? Does she really work for the evil elites now? I think not, but she might really want revenge. And Master Chief, probably out of Stockholm syndrome, could still have some positive feelings for her. Especially now, since she is (at least I think) the only one from those he knew who is still alive.

So, players were presented with the darker side of the humanity. And now, we discover that ONI is fueling the elite civil war. I kind of don't understand them at all. They want this war to continue. Wouldn't be better if they tried to negotiate with Arbiter, make alliance with him and his followers and crush his opposition? Why do they need another conflict? I think that some people at ONI are so full of hatred towards the elites that they are doing this just as the revenge for Reach and other human worlds which fell during the war.

You know what is the problem with an eye for eye philosophy? That everyone ends up blind.

I have also read that Arbiter is an ally of UNSC. Now that does not make so much sense to me. ONI is trying to make elites kill one another while UNSC is trying to help them? Are those two organizations completely separate entities? Do they know what the other one is doing? If if they do, are they trying to have some common strategy? Or is THIS their strategy? Pretending that they are helping the elites but in the end silently eliminating them?

My theory is, that the UNSC is the "good guys" and the ONI is the "bad guys", since ONI was always kind of secretive organization, where almost all information is classified. The people who run ONI have a power to do pretty much anything they want. While the UNSC can have some spoiled people, but most of them probably have no idea what are their superiors doing.

Also, if there are no good elites, it would in my humble opinion make NO sense at all. That would mean that we are supposed to kill all elites in sight since they are evil. The developers would make is believe that all creatures that look alien are indeed alien and we should treat them as such. At the same time, we are presented with information about questionable practices in the human military, but we as the players are going to still be listening to all orders in this military? Are we after this supposed to feel like a good guys? Are we supposed to feel that out of revenge, we have The Right to exterminate the whole Sangheili species no matter what cost? Do the means justify the ends?

It just doesn't make sense to me. First, we are shown Master Chief disobey his orders, then we see Lasky disobeying his in Spartan ops. Both of them did that because they felt it was right thing to do. If the game developers keep this feel of "making a right thing even if working in a military organization with questionable morals" AND make us kill all the elites... it just feels wrong. It feels like the actions of Arbiter did not matter. It is like we used elites to crush the Covenant and Flood just to kill them all later and feel good for doing that. It feels like we are told that this was the right thing to do. We are presented with the dark side of human military leaders, but yet when it comes to elites, it should be fine to hate them? Are we really forced to think about the things humanity is doing only as long as it only are our inner problems - and when it touches the other races in the Universe, we should remain ignorant? Is this the way good guys are introduced? That would be just very, very... very bad.

And because I believe, that HALO 5 is not that bad, Arbiter will return and will lead the elites to aid humanity once again. Should he fall in combat, there should be someone else to replace him. There were also other elite who supported the alliance with humanity - notably those two you could play in HALO 3 in coop if you got 4 players. It's not like the Arbiter is the only one and the rest of them are fanatics. Look at our own world. How different we humans are - all of us inhabit only one planet, yet we differer so drastically from one another. If the elites will be reduced in those games to the faction of religious fanatics like in HALO 4 campaign and spartan ops, it will be just sad. It is like that they tried to make the world richer and more complex by showing us the good side of elites, but in the end they said - nah, it's more fun to be a human and shoot aliens - it has that patriot feel to it.

For me, all other sci-fi games with space marines do that. HALO was original in the sense that they made us understand the other side too.

• Like 2

I think halo 5 should be about permenently destroying the flood like going to their planet i also think you should be able to play asd a marine at some point. Plus there are alot more rings to destroy.and we should also have to go to the forerunner planet and find some other guy and more oracles and the arbiter should take part in that

i also think halo 5 should be more like halo 3 and 2 those had the best campaigns in the halo series and if we can play elites we should be able to get arbiter armor even though it wouldnt fit in that well

Yeah, one more thing I have forgot to add about the Flood.

I have never been convinced that the Flood was destroyed.<br />

The whole story about how it was destroyed,... Master Chief and Cortana were really really lucky.

Cortana sent a message to Master Chief that the Ark can somehow destroy the Flood without firing all the HALO rings. Which was not true. The Ark destroys the Flood BY firing all the HALO rings.

So in fact, Cortana did send this massage to Master Chief knowing, that Flood will pursue them to the Ark, because the Flood was listening. The problem is, that this plan always seemed so frail to me. So many things could have gone wrong. And nothing bad miraculously happened.

The Flood was owning Installation 5. It conquered nearly whole Covenant Fleet. What I don't understand, why did it leave the Installation 5. The Gravemind was located there, surly it wanted to move with High Charity in pursuit of the Ark. But why did it no leave behind even a single flood spore? And how do they know that it really did not? A single Flood spore can destroy species. How hard would for the Flood be to leave few Carrier forms behind on HALO? Why did they not leave a single ship to infect some unsuspecting planet? Why would they have that ALL IN strategy, when the Flood certainly does not work like that. It would gain nothing by risking so much. It would lose nothing by sparing very few infection forms and send them somewhere, where is a lot of biomass and no defense.

That's what I do not get. Installation 4 was destroyed, but still, very HUGE parts of the ring are floating in the space. Why do you think that the Flood is not there? Why would the Flood leave Installation 5? What happened with the Flood on the Gas mine?

The Ark did not Fire. Only the new Installation 4 fired. But it did not fire the disassembling wave like it was supposed to. It only exploded. The explosion was what destroyed the Flood. Flood, which was ALL conveniently located in the Blast radius. But was it really all destroyed? If a single flood spore got with Chief on the ship, it would have survived. The blast was just a regular explosion. If it was the true power of the HALO ring, Master Chief would have died.

If there was a small ship, or even a part of ship not caught in the Blast, the flood could have survived here.

The way I see it that there is still PLENTY of flood creatures out there. The only thing that happened is that they are contained. They are trapped where they currently are and can't get anywhere to infect the rest of the galaxy.

And even if you believe, that all Flood on the Installation 4 died, all Flood left the Installation 5 and the Gas mine and all this Flood conveniently flown into the big blast, there is still Flood on the other Rings. I think it would be very strange that only those two rings we had encountered contained the Flood and that one Foreruner facility.

I don't think the Flood will appear in HALO 5. My guess is, that it will appear in HALO 6, probably to revealed as the weapon of the Precursors. It would make sense if it was fought in one or two levels and then we would fight the Precursors themselves, which would prove to be an even greater threat than the Flood. If the Flood was really made to test us, I think that the Precursors has in some way a complete control over it. It would be rather stupid if they were using this kind of weapon which is potentially dangerous even for them.

Edit:

I will have to reevaluate my previous statement about Precursors. I have recently discovered that they did not create the Flood per se... they are the Flood. Flood is, to my understanding, a devolved state of the Precursors. Given enough time, the Flood would probably eventually evolve to its Precursor state. They say that the reason why we never see any Precursor artifact and we only see Forerunners artifacts is because Precursors technology was biologic (wiki says something like "neural") and so it was wiped out along with all the sentient life when the Rings have fired.

<p>Since I read this and the Precursors will probably be the bad guys, it is highly possible that Flood or them will appear in HALO 5. It was said to be darker, so what else would there appear? Forerunners decided to grant the mantle to humanity, Didact and his Prometheans were the only ones who were against that. Didact was already been defeated. Even if we do not know whether he is really dead, or if the second Didact is dead as well, I think that it'd be weird if Didact was the main villain again. How can you make a "darker" story about defeating somebody, you have already defeated. Especially since the Composer is already destroyed. That's why I also think it's unlikely that Elites will be the main villains now.

My version of what might happen:

Master Chief will be sent to kill Halsey. Arbiter will go to kill Jul'Mdama. They will meet somewhere along the way. Arbiter will somehow learn that ONI has been fueling the rebellion on Sangheilos the whole time. Master Chief will at one point decide if he really wants to listen to his orders to kill Halsy or do what he thinks is right. He may even turn against his superiors after learning that ONI has been behind the Elite civil war (if he didn't turn against them, he'd have to go against Arbiter and I somehow doubt it,... it'd make him somehow a dull character who always does what they tell him, that is hardly a "hero", that's a puppet). And when it will be in the middle of the most heated conflict, Mdama will somehow unleash a great power he was looking for. All the protagonists will barely save themselves and the hopeless situation will have to be solved in HALO 6.

• 2 weeks later...
marcus903, on 15 Nov 2012 - 6:07 PM, said:

Kind of funny how people seem to think that just because a certain species or character appeared in the original trilogy, its going to make a comeback in the reclaimer trilogy.

Arbiter: He went home at the end of Halo 3. Though, there is some possibilties he might return, I extremely doubt it. Also, be aware that 343 Industries is not going to put an elite vs elite battle in any future games. It'll sound like Arbiter is an elite terriosts who is fighting for the humans.

Avery Johnson: He's dead. Why do people think that just because they saw some technically impossible legendary ending from the first game where Johnson survived the destruction of the ring, he can survive getting beamed on and a destruction to another halo ring? It doesn't work that way. He's dead, just putting him back or even reviving him would break the canonical story.

Flood: The Flood is defeated and is an outdated species. No, it will not return unless the master chief stumbles across another halo ring.

I agree with almost all of this. I do however miss the Flood. Their sudden introduction into CE was gaming legend. The Flood created some of the best game-play experiences in my opinion.

I would enjoy a return of Thel 'Vadam, he is one of  my favourite characters and I like the idea of stopping the covenant civil war. As for the flood, though I would like to see them in a halo game again it wouldn't make any sense.

• Like 1

IT sicks how the halo story didnt really put to much focus on the elites. I mean i get it new species brought in you'd want eyes on them. But i've always loved the elites and arbiters story hopefully they bring them back on match making and come up with a good place to throw them in the campaign 

The Flood are overdone. Sure, they could be worked in, and work well, but at this rate, every game by ODST, REACH, and 4 have had Flood. And I found it tedious in the first trilogy having to keep revisiting them, despite how well they were written. The plots became repetitive. Flood on a Forerunner structure, fight your way through.

Though the 343 pure-strain Flood could be an interesting challenge, with their armor abilities to "spice things up".

Just don't take us to another Halo...... There's Flood on all of them, and it's been done before.

I will lose my **** if The Flood come back. In a bad way. They were a significant part of the original trilogy, but some of my favorite Halo games are the ones without The Flood. Specifically ODST and Halo 4. Also keep in mind the Gravemind was destroyed with the firing of Installation 04B at the end of Halo 3. So unless there is another one out there...

Not to mention that at this point, after 3 games, the plot of The Flood being released and the Chief/Cortana stopping them is just plain tired. Stopping The Flood was the subplot in every game in the Halo trilogy. It was finished in Halo 3, and it needs to stay that way.

Now, with that out of the way, I think your points about The Arbiter are fair. I think it would be funny if he were the only one not surprised by the Master Chief still being alive. And I think them uniting the humans and the non-Storm Covenant to take down Didact and his Storm Covenant servants would be epic. smile.png

I think the Arbiter will be back for Halo 5. He will come to Earth asking for the help of Master Chief and the UNSC to put a stop to the Covenant civil war. The storm Covenant will whined up releasing the flood "again", and Chief will some way have to recover Cortana to stop the Flood infection. There's still Offensive Bias, Forunners(Didact and Llibrarian), Precursers, and Gravemind (being locked up o istallation 07).

That's my prediction, what does the community think.

343 also said Halo 5 is going to be darker. What I assume from this is important characters are going to die and worlds are going to be consumed/destroyed.

Soooo, basically, you want a repeat of the old trilogy? The Flood sucked, and 343 wouldn't make money at all if the added them. If they were smart(which they are) they would leave the flood alone.

Soooo, basically, you want a repeat of the old trilogy? The Flood sucked, and 343 wouldn't make money at all if the added them. If they were smart(which they are) they would leave the flood alone.

Oops, didn't mean to quote, "RisingPho3nix".