The Arbiter for Halo 5?

Fred

The flood from my perspective is the precursors answer to the forerunner betrayal when they rose up against them almost 160 thousand years ago? but the terminals say that the forerunners had been in ascendance for a thousand generations, so. How long did the average forerunner live for? The librarian was over 11 thousand years old and her audio voice was of a woman in her late fifties. There has been mentioned in the books of the number of "Ten million years before in another galaxy"

Don't know if the Arby will be able to mount any sufficient force to even get to requiem and having the nutty sangehelli go off in search of the fabled holy warrior would be a boon as he will then be able to set about getting Sangelio's back up and running.

Wouldnt we already have passed this then as we wiped out the Flood Gravemind already? A feat that the Forerunners were unable to do?

Which brings me to my next point, if the Flood were indeed a test by the Precursors to see if a species were ready to inherit the mantle wouldnt the Forerunners have already fought to Flood well before fighting humanity? And if thats the case then why were they astounded at its existance and had really no clue in the begining what it was? Why did it infest their planets with out them knowing?

Kind of seems to me that there is a hole there...

No because we accidentally discovered the flood. So they're gonna be coming back stronger than ever, so you can bet we'll be seeing human vs. covenant vs. promethean vs. flood battles. And I should explain what I meant. The forerunners did have the mantle, but the flood was a test to see if they were strong enough to keep it. And they didn't know what t was because they haven't encountered it before the end of the Forerunner-Human war. And it just spread through the galaxy.

I'll give this ago but as I always state, I'm no expert in Halo Lore.

Note* I haven't read the books and only played the games. I have done some reading online though, I don't think I'm too far off.

Anyway, the way I so far see it is...

For your first point, I'm not sure. I think there were more Flood on other installation/planets? ( many being science samples and what-not ) but some intelligent Halo fan shall mop me up on that.

The parasite ( Flood ) I think, was either lying dormant within the Forerunner's worlds and not yet active or it just wasn't there at all and brought to the Forerunners by Ancient Humans.

Ancient Humans had first encountered the Flood in it's earliest form which I believe was some type of powder, which had some kind of affect to the animals Humans were taking up as pets, I think it has something to do with better domestication.... This powder however, eventually progressed further, it started mutating these pets. Which at first made these animals grow features such as hair, some of the animals actually ate this hair of their fellow counter-parts, these animals eventually started to perform cannibalistic acts upon one another. Over-time this just progressed and then we are at the parasite/Flood we have now.

Ancient Humanity started fighting the parasite ( Flood ), clearly they were losing as they were ( described by the Librarian in Halo 4 ) running, they then met the Forerunners and noticed that the parasite was living on their planets ( speculated by fans that the Precursors did this in an act of Revenge for the Forerunner-Precursor War )... Rather than warn the Forerunners, Ancient Humans just decided to attack/destroy them... which then lead to the Forerunner-Human war. Humanity beaten and devolved, the Parasite moved onto the Forerunners... The Halo Array and rings were created, Didact composed Ancient Humans as punishment, then imprisoned by his wife, Halo rings fired, Humanity re-seeded and the rest is 100 thousands of Years history...

everythings right except the flood wasnt dormant on forerunner planets, it spread. And the ancient humans attacked forerunner planets because they couldn't communicate with the surface because its already been overrun with flood.
  • Like 1

According to the Primordium, the Flood will be back and eventually test Humanity of being worthy of the mantle. This is important because one of the main desires of the Didact/Forerunner society was to attempt to garner the information on how to combat the Flood through Ancient Humanities memories. They sought this because Ancient Humanity was able to fight back the Flood during their two front war against the Forerunners/Flood in sacrificing 1/3 their population to counter infect the already virulant Flood threat. In essence, Ancient Humanity used 1/3 of their population as sort of an anti-Flood to prevent the flow of it's spread.

That being said, until the revelation from the Primordium that the flood "can choose who it infects" we (the reader/player) had no idea on the intent of the Flood and more over the Precursors. In fact, the Flood's only function (this will undoubtedly be explained in detail in Silentium) was to "extinguish" the Forerunners and carve a path for humanity to take over as caretakers of the galaxy and inevitably be tested by the Flood. That being said, there is zero doubt the Flood will return.

Further, the Flood is unique in that one spore can house the genetic memories of the entire history of the Flood. In other words, one spore by itself can eventually become a Gravemind and Flood colony and that new Gravemind will not only house the memories of all the bio matter it consumed, but also the previous memories of the past Graveminds. For example, the Gravemind we encounter in H2/H3 explains issues that took place during the Forerunner/Flood conflict and its intimate knowledge of the Halo Array when it was in fact the Primordium that was the active Gravemind during that time. So, in essence, if what Primordium states that humanity will be tested eventually will be a fate already programmed into the Flood itself and thus it will eventually emerge and test them.

That being said, Humanities path to the mantle has not been direct by any means. It was forced to fight a two front war against two super powers during Ancient Humanities struggles, it was devolved after being defeated, it then rose again to a T3 civilization only to encounter the Covenant and thus again fight a two front war against both the Cov/Flood. Now it is being attacked by the last remnants of the Forerunners. In other words, humanity has damn sure been tested pretty hard core but I'm sure the Flood still will remain dormant until a time it deems it should test humanity of being worthy of the mantle.

Lastly, from the words of the Primordium, some Precursors did survive and "fled beyond the reach" of the Forerunners so I'm sure they pop up eventually too. This is crucial because they (Precursors) are the programmers of the Flood and may actually be the Flood's initial form. Both points are expected to be gone over in Silentium.

A very long story short, the Flood will be back.

• Like 1

I think it would be incredible to see a Precursor, perhaps in H6 leading upto a new trilogy? What do they look like, has there been any description given of them?

I'd imagine the Arbiter too appear in Halo 5, but it's been said he may return in just Spartan Ops as a diplomat.. which would be a shame.

It's funny that the Storm faction still follows the Didact and Prometheans since what they were originally told to believe by the Prophets was completely wrong, hahah. You think the Didact himself would fill them in, or at least catch them up to speed ;)

i know. Has Jul'Mdama even met or spoken to the Didact?

Arbiter is back on his homeworld attempting to unify the Sanghelli. During this process the Storm Faction attempted to assassinate him and failed so he is more than likely still there. However, many elites still want to extinguish the humans so it wouldn't surprise me if we see the Arbiter in H5 trying to prevent such an uprising and then see the MC/Arbiter back together in H6 with MC taking care of the Didact and the Arbiter taking care of Jul'Mdama.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Halo 5 with the Arbiter, awsome, including the Flood. Oh hell yea. The Flood were a pain in the ***, but were a formitable foe. The promethians however, are a bunch of ********. With the addition of Forerunner weapons, holy f...ing christ, two damn steps and digitalized. Took my buddy and I awhile to get past both Coveies and promethians.

On another note, I can see it possible for the return of the Arbiter and the Flood, but it's 343i's choice whether to do so or not. Still I agree with Fred about bringing back both. When it comes to the Flood coming back, it should be within reason to bring the Flood back. Something that can make us as gamers go "SOB" yet laugh cause, it's gonna make the fight more difficult to survive through. Which makes us as gamers have to be quick on the controls and fast to pull the trigger.

(suggestion) Could it be possible to bring back dual weilding, and the surpressed smg/magnum.

The surpressed smg and surpressed magnum came in handy for stealth parts of the missions, which would be nice to when it comes to staying quite and hidden in case of needing to sneak by heavily gaurded areas. And for the dual weilding, well... it's just plan fun to go out guns blazing in campaign and multiplayer. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I think Arbiter should come back in a civil war within the elites. Arbiter would be the leader of the rebel elites against the rest of the elites with the storm covies. Arbiter and the rebels come to the UNSC for help, bringing cheif and a portion of the UNSC to the elite"s homeworld. Also I got this from another topic but the flood should come back in a firefight like mode.

• Like 1

I don't know exactly,but if 343 don't bring back the Arbiter and continue this boring fight with Prometheans,Halo will not be the same.343 done a great job,but I was furious seeing they didn't meant the help of the elites at the easter egg called"Master Chief files" at the first mission.Come on,343!Please!

That would be AWSOME if the arbiter came back for halo 5 because the combination of master chief and the arbiter was bad ***!!!! But in reality I don't think that 343 would bring him back because they will use their own story line instead of building on the original story line. Plus adding on to the covenant civil war and the diadact and all the promethians and the covenant that follow the diadact I think that's a little to much and it would get to confusing

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hope he will be back.I mean look how will sound Halo only with Master Chief and some freaked up marines...I made a couple of topics with this kind of things.....I noticed that the people wanna turn Halo into a game with humans...No alien races or things like that...Come on,Halo is NOT COD.343Industries are looking for fan ideas and there are too many people who want Thel Vadamee back.They MUST agree our wishes.They NEED our feedback.If they will not make anymore elites playable that dosen't mean the Arbiter is not good to return in Halo 5.Please,343,do it.I and many other fans want the Arbiter back.I could pay them.Please,343industries,make our dreams come true.

Kind of funny how people seem to think that just because a certain species or character appeared in the original trilogy, its going to make a comeback in the reclaimer trilogy.

Arbiter: He went home at the end of Halo 3. Though, there is some possibilties he might return, I extremely doubt it. Also, be aware that 343 Industries is not going to put an elite vs elite battle in any future games. It'll sound like Arbiter is an elite terriosts who is fighting for the humans.

Avery Johnson: He's dead. Why do people think that just because they saw some technically impossible legendary ending from the first game where Johnson survived the destruction of the ring, he can survive getting beamed on and a destruction to another halo ring? It doesn't work that way. He's dead, just putting him back or even reviving him would break the canonical story.

Flood: The Flood is defeated and is an outdated species. No, it will not return unless the master chief stumbles across another halo ring.

The flood isnt totally annilated. only the ones on earth, high charity, and Instaltions 00, 04, 04B, and 05. and Arbiter has been confirmed

I will lose my **** if The Flood come back. In a bad way. They were a significant part of the original trilogy, but some of my favorite Halo games are the ones without The Flood. Specifically ODST and Halo 4. Also keep in mind the Gravemind was destroyed with the firing of Installation 04B at the end of Halo 3. So unless there is another one out there...

Not to mention that at this point, after 3 games, the plot of The Flood being released and the Chief/Cortana stopping them is just plain tired. Stopping The Flood was the subplot in every game in the Halo trilogy. It was finished in Halo 3, and it needs to stay that way.

Now, with that out of the way, I think your points about The Arbiter are fair. I think it would be funny if he were the only one not surprised by the Master Chief still being alive. And I think them uniting the humans and the non-Storm Covenant to take down Didact and his Storm Covenant servants would be epic. :)

If you have read the books then you know the flood will almost certainly be returning. Im fine with that :bananachief:

I think characters from the original Trilogy returning isnt a horrible idea. It links events From the games that established the Halo Universe and shapes how the species interact in the game. The Arbiter gave us a huge insight into the covenant in halo 2, showing us that the Covies feared chief so much they labled him a demon, something greater than human. The Arbiter returning could give us a new insight into the conflict thats following the collapse of the original covenant which led to the Storm faction in halo 4. It could allow for a new allied faction of elites that carry hybrid gear, UNSC crossed with their own. Also only a few witnesses who know the true horrors of the flood have survived the Halo 3 purge (death of johnson, miranda and all the covenant on high charity etc) so if flood was reimagined and brought back in a new way, the arbiter could help with the transition into "holy crap! this flood is different and even more deadly than the parasite we fought before..."