The Arbiter for Halo 5?

Fred

It wouldn't make sense for the flood to return.Yes there could be more on the remaining Halo arrays,but this is supposed to be a new trilogy entirely and it would take too much out of the story,We could be learning something about the reclaimer trilogy but instead they put past enemies in and would have to explain everything.It would be too much to try and all fit it with everything.I love fighting against the flood,it was intense,but that was then its time to move on.It ended with Halo 3 for a reason.I'm a fanyboy as much as anyone,but i know for the sake of the series they need to stay gone.343i need to tweak the promeathean encounters is the only problem with the new enemy class.

Well, it really isn't your decision to make as to wether the flood should return or not. 343 never said flood would not make an appearance in the trilogy. What Frank said was they would not make an appearance in halo 4.

The whole point of the reclaimer trilogy are for humans to reclaim the mantle and protect/cure the galaxy from the flood.

Not wanting the flood back is like saying "There were no brutes, drones, or engineers in halo 4, but we don't need that enemy either for the trilogy.

Flood is a big part of the halo lore. Just because the Chief blew up a couple of halos doesn't mean they were destroyed. It just means the infestation was halted.

What if Didact(since he's digitized) directs the storm covenant to release the flood unknowingly, just as a revenge to humans. Humans will need to find that cure like the precursors have predicted.

• Like 1

I think that it would be good for the story if the flood came back because if youve watched halo legends you would know that it wouldnt be the first time they survived the activation of the halo arrays, and if the prometheans are in halo 5 then they will need to bring the flood back so we can see them fight eachother. also 343 industries have improved the graphics so vastly that they just have to show us the flood at some stage in the saga.

It would be good if the arbiter came back too because he has been a fairly major part of the first halo saga and 343 just wouldnt do the saga justice if they didnt include him in at least one of their games. Also the idea of the storm covenant causing a civil war isnt so far fetched, after all the arbiter managed it in halo 2 and 3. and it would be good to see the arbiter with the new graphics, i think it would be kick ass.

If they dont bring cortana back i will lose my mind and possibly never play halo again. she was my favourite character of all time from the very begining to the end, no questions asked. in my opinion if 343 dont bring her back they are making the biggest mistake made in gaming history, EVER, NO EXAGGERATION. Killing off one of the main protagonists in the first game of a triology was a big mistake and they need to rectify that mistake. Cheif needs cortana more than he needs anything, you cannot have one without the other.

all of these things are ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL FOR THE STORY. The Reclaimer Triology is suppose dto be about cheif facing his destiny... We can probably assume that the flood have somehting to do with that destiny. The arbiter was like a best friend to the cheif. and arbiter helped cheif out of a lot of sticky situations in halo 3. cheif needs the arbiter in a similar way to that which he needs cortana. All of these things literally NEED to be put into the triology.

Well, it really isn't your decision to make as to wether the flood should return or not. 343 never said flood would not make an appearance in the trilogy. What Frank said was they would not make an appearance in halo 4.

The whole point of the reclaimer trilogy are for humans to reclaim the mantle and protect/cure the galaxy from the flood.

Not wanting the flood back is like saying "There were no brutes, drones, or engineers in halo 4, but we don't need that enemy either for the trilogy.

Flood is a big part of the halo lore. Just because the Chief blew up a couple of halos doesn't mean they were destroyed. It just means the infestation was halted.

What if Didact(since he's digitized) directs the storm covenant to release the flood unknowingly, just as a revenge to humans. Humans will need to find that cure like the precursors have predicted.

The Didact is immune to the Composer sir so he can't be digitized.Also there was no cure for the flood ever! it was discovered that the flood can choose who they infect.The humans just thought that they found a cure.Look it up.In the latest book by Greg Bear it is revealed that the flood is a test and the cure was a lie.Yes the flood were a big part of the lore,however it's called the Reclaimer trilogy,It's obvious they are focusing on the expanded universe more.There is so much to fit in with the precurors,forerunner,and ancient humans.Did you ever read the Greg Bear novels? they are still going and they way too much stuff to cover and adding the flood would be trying to clump to much at one time.Of course 343 seems to be cutting the story short and not going into great detail,but im just speculating that they are saving some for the next two games.Not my choice? no it's not,but i've been a Halo fan since 2001 and read all the books to this day and i was personally giving my opinion that the flood would not FEEL right for this trilogy,we NEED something new.For the longevity of the series.Some people would like it,but i know alot would hate it.It's a risky move from a business stand point as well.People would say Halo is unoriginal and couldn't do anything else.It would honestly look that way to alot of people and they are kind of right.Remember this is Halo, if its success contuines we will probably see another trilogy after this one.There it would be good for humans just recieving the mantle and finally putting an end to the flood completely on remaining installations,there it would make sense and Microsoft are still going to put out Halo games if it makes them more money than they can flush down the toilet.I agree i want to see the flood return...but not now.Also there was no cure for the flood ever! it was discovered that the flood can choose who they infect.The humans just thought that they found a cure.Look it up.In the latest book by Greg Bear it is revealed that the flood is a test and it was a lie.

Either way, the flood is a test to humans wether they find a cure or not in the end of reclaiming the mantle. It's a prediction of the precursors.

Who cares if people whine that the flood has a been there done that kind of vibe. All the species that have been in the first trilogy need to come back for next gen. When people see how they look graphically better, no one is going to complain, except for the haters that can't get past flood levels and find that enemy annoying.

• Like 1

I think the Elites are really from earth. They are dinosaurs that left earth before the the disaster that wiped out the unintelligent dinos. Than they forgot as the millennia past and now they are enemies of humans even tho they really are ancestors of us.

Wrong, Elites have their own homeworld and are a primitive species compared to humans as said by didact. Ancient humans have probably been around before elites seeing as they had a war with forerunners.

Gross. I hated the Arbiter as a character, not to mention that he did absolutely nothing as your ally.

Did you even play halo 2 and 3. Because of Arbiter, there would been no temp alliance with the humans. Because of Arbiter, master chief is still alive. The prophet of truth is dead, because of the Arbiter.

Please, don't just assume Arbiter didn't do anything when all true halo fans love him as much as they love chief and know he played a big part toward the end of the first trilogy.

I want Arbiter and Jul' Mdama to meet so bad and have the most epic energy sword fight ever.

• Like 5

The Flood will undoubtedly make a comeback. All it takes is one single flood spore, just one to allow for the parasite to become active again. Although my money is still on the Precursors being involved somehow I will just have to wait to see what Silentium has to say.

If you have played Spartan Op's (and read Primordium) you know that the Librarian is very much alive. What we don't know is if Bornstellar is still alive after the Halo's fired. I am excited about this Reclaimer series. H4 was outstanding from a story perspective to true Halo fans who have read the books.

I also have no doubt that Arbiter will make a return. With the Storm Faction causing mayhem and the attacks they initiated against the Arbiter himself, it's only a matter of time we see him again.

The flood will not be returning. 343 specifically said they wanted to move on and progress to new enemies. And as for the Arbiter. I can see him returning, but I doubt it. You never know, though. The Human-Covie war has changed a lot over the 4 years Chief was in Cryo.

The flood will not be returning. 343 specifically said they wanted to move on and progress to new enemies. And as for the Arbiter. I can see him returning, but I doubt it. You never know, though. The Human-Covie war has changed a lot over the 4 years Chief was in Cryo.

Did you hear 343 say that specifically? Because all I heard was that the flood will not be in halo 4. They never said flood will not be returning to the reclaimer trilogy.

Get your facts straight and stop assuming things like your lead developer of this franchise. Your going to eat your own words when we see a mission that involves the flood.

Did you hear hear them say that specifically? Because alli heard was that the flood will not be in halo 4. They never said flood will not be returning to the reclaimer trilogy.

Get your facts straight and stop assuming things like your lead developer of this franchise. Your going to eat your own words when we see a mission that involves the flood.

Exactly.

I thought the Flood had a huge part in the mantle? Their return is inevitable surely?

The whole reasoning of humans reclaiming the mantle is showing the rest of the galaxy that humans are the species to bring peace, law, and safe haven from the Flood.

THE PRECUSORS HAVE PREDICTED THIS.

The Flood is basically the precursors test to see if a race can inherit the mantle, so yes, they're definitely coming back.

And so is Arbiter, I Hope...

I also want to see brutes, drones, and engineers make a comeback. It just seems to me halo is about introducing new enemies into the gameplay, and that is what makes this game so great, variety.

The Flood is basically the precursors test to see if a race can inherit the mantle, so yes, they're definitely coming back.

Wouldnt we already have passed this then as we wiped out the Flood Gravemind already? A feat that the Forerunners were unable to do?

Which brings me to my next point, if the Flood were indeed a test by the Precursors to see if a species were ready to inherit the mantle wouldnt the Forerunners have already fought to Flood well before fighting humanity? And if thats the case then why were they astounded at its existance and had really no clue in the begining what it was? Why did it infest their planets with out them knowing?

Kind of seems to me that there is a hole there...

Wouldnt we already have passed this then as we wiped out the Flood Gravemind already? A feat that the Forerunners were unable to do?

Which brings me to my next point, if the Flood were indeed a test by the Precursors to see if a species were ready to inherit the mantle wouldnt the Forerunners have already fought to Flood well before fighting humanity? And if thats the case then why were they astounded at its existance and had really no clue in the begining what it was? Why did it infest their planets with out them knowing?

I'll give this ago but as I always state, I'm no expert in Halo Lore.

Note* I haven't read the books and only played the games. I have done some reading online though, I don't think I'm too far off.

Anyway, the way I so far see it is...

For your first point, I'm not sure. I think there were more Flood on other installation/planets? ( many being science samples and what-not ) but some intelligent Halo fan shall mop me up on that.

The parasite ( Flood ) I think, was either lying dormant within the Forerunner's worlds and not yet active or it just wasn't there at all and brought to the Forerunners by Ancient Humans.

Ancient Humans had first encountered the Flood in it's earliest form which I believe was some type of powder, which had some kind of affect to the animals Humans were taking up as pets, I think it has something to do with better domestication.... This powder however, eventually progressed further, it started mutating these pets. Which at first made these animals grow features such as hair, some of the animals actually ate this hair of their fellow counter-parts, these animals eventually started to perform cannibalistic acts upon one another. Over-time this just progressed and then we are at the parasite/Flood we have now.

Ancient Humanity started fighting the parasite ( Flood ), clearly they were losing as they were ( described by the Librarian in Halo 4 ) running, they then met the Forerunners and noticed that the parasite was living on their planets ( speculated by fans that the Precursors did this in an act of Revenge for the Forerunner-Precursor War )... Rather than warn the Forerunners, Ancient Humans just decided to attack/destroy them... which then lead to the Forerunner-Human war. Humanity beaten and devolved, the Parasite moved onto the Forerunners... The Halo Array and rings were created, Didact composed Ancient Humans as punishment, then imprisoned by his wife, Halo rings fired, Humanity re-seeded and the rest is 100 thousands of Years history...

Gravemind is just a form of the flood when it forms a colony. The only way gravemind can be wiped out is if every single flood spore is destroyed. Once it forms a colony like for example:consumes a planet, you have another gravemind. The name gravemind is just a word to describe the the flood is now a singular intelligent being.