The Arbiter for Halo 5?

Fred

People are already thinking about Halo 5? Wow, I didn't even think about Halo five because Halo 4 was more awesme than I expected. I pesonally hope Arby comes back but he doesn't do too much in the game. Oh my godness, I HATED the Flood, I wouldn't mind that much if it did come back, but personally I hope and pray it doesn't.

• Like 1

I'd like nothing more than to see The Arbiter return in Halo 5. Especially in losing Cortana, he could fill the role (in a twisted way) of brother in arms with Chief. Or, it could end up the opposite... Who knows! Either way, I'd be willing to guarentee we'll see him in the next game. Especially with this 'Storm' covenant business.

And as for the Flood? Lol, I'd cry.

• Like 2

Well arbiter was pretty much my favorite character out of the series of halo. he was a badass to begin with and after all the stuff he went through he still became number 1. i'm just a bit more curious on why the covenant were helping the forunners. Also i'm pretty sure arbiter and the other Elites should have gotten wind of their own race pretty much aiding the promethians. So to me there seems a lot of questions that need to be answered, and as for the flood they were eliminated after we killed gravemind. ( which was pretty creepy by the way lol.) but i do wish that arbiter makes a return i do love the guy and the good elites helping out the aliens i loved. Also, hoping cortana comes back because she is awesome lol. but after what happened i dont if she will for sure but we all just gotta wait and see i guess.

arby will come back no doubt but i say that the flood aint been killed off yet. there is no way. there are other halos out there so they are out there the arbiter are a major role in one way i see the arbiter and cheif joining forces but in another the arbiter is still an eleite so he may have a grudge on humans this is a larger topic to be looked at. i still say he will come back.

They could tie in the Arbiter by having him oppose the Forerunners and the Prometheans while the other side of the Covenant civil war supports the Forerunners/Prometheans.

That would be fairly interesting. Not only does he erase the Prophets and their lies about the Halo rings but he defies ancient beliefs that many of the Covenant races held about the Forerunners and invest in Humanity as the holders of the mantle.

The Arbiter needs to return just so him and Chief can have a proper far well as allies that they didn't get at the end of Halo 3. Also you guys are treating him like he never was a big role in Halo to begin with so why bring him back. Hello have you forgot that about 45 to 50% of Halo 2 was the Arbiter's story.

how will the chief find arby in halo 5. he went back home after halo 3. and the unsc lost ther peace treaty with the covenent

Don't want to spoil it but I will make a few corrections. The UNSC still has a treaty with the Arbiter and his faction of covenant. The Covenant faction you saw in the game is a fanatic loyalist group and an enemy of the Arbiter. UNSC has been in contact with Arbiter and even aided him, he has even been on the Infinity. The Covenant are having a civil war Seperitist vs. Loyalists. UNSC is sending them some aid but mostly thye are using the time to rebuild. They are also running around the galaxy grabbing every piece of Forerunner tech they can find and reverse engineering them. That's why the Infinity has crazy strong shields, energy projector cannons and slip space communication.

Most of this is in Halo 4 if you listen close enough.

I would love it if the flood came back, they don't have to be the main evil character or enemy but they could just have some drama to the story on the side, like yeah the storm covies released more flood samples and even say sacrifice some of their population and soldiers or just prisoners or something to make the flood strong as **** and give it numbers, but there could be a main plot behind that like something else you have to destroy or kill. but I feel like having flood in the story again will give it a real Halo feel and make us reminisce on what we fell in love with originally.

• Like 1

The Arbiter will return for Halo 5, he will have a Brute sidekick named Brutebacca, he will have his new ship the Centenial Eagle, and after a long sword fight at the end of Halo 5 the Diadac will reveal that he is in fact the Chiefs father. What? He wears armor, is really tall and has a force choke. In Halo 4 his giant space station like ship that shot it's super beam weapon was going to wipe out all life on the home base of the humans. Lucky for them the chief blew up the core. Gotta love these totally original 343 ideas. Force Choke, HA!

You know I would have said Star Wars ripoff what with all the Force Choking, giant space station ship with it's super beam cannon energy weapon. But it's not like you got in a space fighter and made a trench run while energy cannons were shooting at you. Oh wait, DAMN IT!

Okay well at least your closest friend and advisor didn't sacrifice themselves, fighting Lord Diadac so you could escape. SOB!

Well at least they didn't rip off the Jawa sand crawler, and you didn't attach your long sword to the hull of a enemy ship while it made the jump to hyper space. OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Okay well Cortana never said help me Obi Wan, so ha, in your face Star Wars.

If the Diadac's ship used its laser to blow up planets than I can see the too much Star Wars idea, but I don't see the Diadac's as using the "force" many characters in different movies and games could move things with "force" like powers.

Let me set the record straight about the "flood". It is not destroyed. Graveminds can only come to fruition if it forms a colony, for example: consumes a planet. There are many more specimens locked in other halo's that STORM may find unintentionally and bring back to shenghelious. It happened before during the forerunner/human wars, on other systems.

The whole plot to halo reclaimer trilogy in my opinion is humans being able to "reclaim" the mantle by protecting the galaxy as precursors predicted. The flood sent by them as a test, and humans eventually almost finding a cure, and will.

343i said their wouldn't be flood in halo 4. But they never said for the trilogy. You never know where they could take flood this time. Also, introduction of promethians (flood fighters) doesn't seem odd to anyone?

Something big is going to happen between the Covenant and its factions(arby and storm leader M'damama-forget), didact and his promethians, humans and chief with cortana becoming "involved", and the creepiest organism known to man.

As far as the Flood is concerned, i would not want to see them back. They were a part of the original trilogy, this is a new trilogy.

Plus a large part Halo 3 is to destroy the Flood for good. If they can survive the firing of the Halo array, the destruction of instillation 04 and 04B alongside parts of the Ark. Are the unstoppable???

I do like Fred's idea though

The whole plot to halo reclaimer trilogy in my opinion is humans being able to "reclaim" the mantle by protecting the galaxy as precursors predicted. The flood sent by them as a test, and humans eventually almost finding a cure, and will.

As far as the Arbiter returning though, it is a must for me. it has to happen. His and Master Chiefs interactions in Halo 4 were highlights for me, them fighting the Flood together back to back, the the Arbiter following Chief into High Charity, their landing on instillation 04B and nod on the Forward Unto Dawn. I think that they respect each other more than almost anyone else, Master Chief may even respect him near Spartan level. He is UNSC's biggest non human ally. Bringing him in would also add several layers to the story, even leading to and cement a permanent truce and partnership between the Covenant (or at least the Sangheili and those who would follow) and Humanity.

You can hardly imagine that the Arbiter would be able to stay away form Master Chief upon learning he is alive, knowing what he could do for the Sangheili in the civil war. I can imagine that the Arbiter would not be too surprised to see Master Chief alive either.

I am still holding hope that he will feature in Spartan Ops too before making a full return in Halo 5 and 6, especially after Dr. Halsey has come in.

Like I said, Frank o'Conner said there wouldn't be flood in halo 4. He never said they wouldn't be involved in 5 or 6.

Mark my words, Arbiter and Flood will be returning. Flood is not completely destroyed, there are still other installations that storm may find searching for artifacts.

As for Arby, once he gets word that chief is alive, he will need his help to unite the human race with the covenant. Because something tells me Chief isn't going to agree with ONI's actions to shenghlious.Neither will Arbiter, and that's why he's going to need Chiefs help.

BTW, the first 3 was not called the flood trilogy. It was more about the prophets and their delusions of grandeur. It never focused on what the flood can do to a Planet. Halo Wars had a planet full of flood, and I'd like to see that in a first person perspective. Halo 5 is going to be darker, so what better way to introduce the flood taking over a world.

The flood is smart(graveminds), vicious(OHK), and well coordinated(different flood varieties)

Flood are morons in game. They juat stand and shoot,.they do not take cover when being fired upon, they run in a straight line towards you, sometimes they jump towards you so you can fill them with bullets as they fly through the air.

The entire strategem is to use sheer numbers to run at you overwhelm you, hence the name Flood. Brutes in Halo 3 were smarter than flood, and they were idiots. As far as a gravemind being smart and vicious, none of that gets reflected in actual gameplay.

Flood are morons in game. They juat stand and shoot,.they do not take cover when being fired upon, they run in a straight line towards you, sometimes they jump towards you so you can fill them with bullets as they fly through the air.

The entire strategem is to use sheer numbers to run at you overwhelm you, hence the name Flood. Brutes in Halo 3 were smarter than flood, and they were idiots. As far as a gravemind being smart and vicious, none of that gets reflected in actual gameplay.

Halo 3 legendary they were pretty smart....and annoying..

Halo 3 legendary they were pretty smart....and annoying..

That's just it, anyone that doesn't want flood back is because they find that enemy too hard and annoying. They were the hardest enemy in halo and put off a lot of people.

I have a friend that doesn't even like halo because he couldn't get past the flood missions.

I say the more variety of enemy's, the better. Covenant, Promethians, The Flood, Forerunner sentinels, bring them all on board.

That's just it, anyone that doesn't want flood back is because they find that enemy too hard and annoying. They were the hardest enemy in halo and put off a lot of people.

I have a friend that doesn't even like halo because he couldn't get past the flood missions.

I say the more variety of enemy's, the better. Covenant, Promethians, The Flood, Forerunner sentinels, bring them all on board.

It wouldn't make sense for the flood to return.Yes there could be more on the remaining Halo arrays,but this is supposed to be a new trilogy entirely and it would take too much out of the story,We could be learning something about the reclaimer trilogy but instead they put past enemies in and would have to explain everything.It would be too much to try and all fit it with everything.I love fighting against the flood,it was intense,but that was then its time to move on.It ended with Halo 3 for a reason.I'm a fanyboy as much as anyone,but i know for the sake of the series they need to stay gone.343i need to tweak the promeathean encounters is the only problem with the new enemy class.