The Arbiter for Halo 5?

Fred

I think the Arbiter will be back for Halo 5. He will come to Earth asking for the help of Master Chief and the UNSC to put a stop to the Covenant civil war. The storm Covenant will whined up releasing the flood "again", and Chief will some way have to recover Cortana to stop the Flood infection. There's still Offensive Bias, Forunners(Didact and Llibrarian), Precursers, and Gravemind (being locked up o istallation 07).

That's my prediction, what does the community think.

343 also said Halo 5 is going to be darker. What I assume from this is important characters are going to die and worlds are going to be consumed/destroyed.

• Like 8

I will lose my **** if The Flood come back. In a bad way. They were a significant part of the original trilogy, but some of my favorite Halo games are the ones without The Flood. Specifically ODST and Halo 4. Also keep in mind the Gravemind was destroyed with the firing of Installation 04B at the end of Halo 3. So unless there is another one out there...

Not to mention that at this point, after 3 games, the plot of The Flood being released and the Chief/Cortana stopping them is just plain tired. Stopping The Flood was the subplot in every game in the Halo trilogy. It was finished in Halo 3, and it needs to stay that way.

Now, with that out of the way, I think your points about The Arbiter are fair. I think it would be funny if he were the only one not surprised by the Master Chief still being alive. And I think them uniting the humans and the non-Storm Covenant to take down Didact and his Storm Covenant servants would be epic. :)

• Like 8

Flood somehow needs to be shown for next gen. That's the only reason I want it to come back. There is something in the next Halo installation(05 or 07?) that's going to make a big impact that will make the game darker. (Game wouldn't be called Halo without one being in the game). Graveminds come to fruition when enough sentient life has been consumed by the flood in a given area. That's when flood becomes highly intelligent(Gravemind).

The whole plot of halo is the humans finding a way to stop the flood infestation and reclaiming the mantle, and the going to be a lot of jealous and hell bent races on destroying the human race. The only question is how does the Chief do it? Plus Arbiter is the only character I know that will bring peace to the humans and Covenant. What about the prophets? Weren't they allied with humans hundred thousand years ago while fighting the flood? What's their role?

• Like 1

Flood somehow needs to be shown for next gen. That's the only reason I want it to come back. There is something in the next Halo installation(05 or 07?) that's going to make a big impact that will make the game darker. (Game wouldn't be called Halo without one being in the game). Graveminds come to fruition when enough sentient life has been consumed by the flood in a given area. That's when flood becomes highly intelligent(Gravemind).

The whole plot of halo is the humans finding a way to stop the flood infestation and reclaiming the mantle, and the going to be a lot of jealous and hell bent races on destroying the human race. The only question is how does the Chief do it? Plus Arbiter is the only character I know that will bring peace to the humans and Covenant. What about the prophets? Weren't they allied with humans hundred thousand years ago while fighting the flood? What's their role?

But we already stopped The Flood in Halo 3. That was the whole point of Bungie sending the Gravemind to the Ark and having us fire the new Halo ring that was being built there. Us stopping the Flood was half the plot of the original trilogy. This is a new trilogy, and therefore needs a new story.

• Like 2

But we already stopped The Flood in Halo 3. That was the whole point of Bungie sending the Gravemind to the Ark and having us fire the new Halo ring that was being built there. Us stopping the Flood was half the plot of the original trilogy. This is a new trilogy, and therefore needs a new story.

But wasn't MC & the UNSC stopping the Covenant the other half of the plot to the original trilogy? Yet they still have made an appearance in this trilogy.......

All I'm saying is they need to at least introduce the flood for next gen, so we can see how they look with better graphics. Even if its just for one mission.

343 stated there wasn't going to be any Flood in halo 5, but they never said it wasn't going to be in the trilogy.

As I said before, halo's whole plot revolves around humans stopping the flood for good and bringing peace to the galaxy by reclaiming the mantle. Cortana will be back, the Arbiter needs to come back, the flood is the main point of the story, and didact is still hell bent on digitizing the human race(make them promithians), to combat the FLOOD.

Just because halo's 1-3 dealt with the flood, it doesn't mean that's the last we seen of them. There's still other halo installations out there. The first trilogy dealt with the human/covenant war which is now at a cease fire. This second trilogy deals with how humans will reclaim the mantle and become the caretakers/protectors of the galaxy.

• Like 3

halo 5 is dark so i dont think arbiter will be in 5 or maybe he has something to do with it but i dont think arbiter is a character anymore hes gone home maybe he will get hes own game cause of the storm but i dont see him coming back in halo hes role is done and he has gone home to end the war and it didnt work out for him but who cares about that arbiter might even be dead or he is no longer a fighter he has a home a wife and child half jaw is new leader or captain moving on

flood................... i hope they dont come back but at the same time i hope they do

flood never die they may not be in halo 5 or 6 but almost everything about the flood is unknown like where are they coming from what created them or im stupid and im missing something

but flood may or may not come back we may even find out where they came from if i am not stupid and i was right but for now lets not rush into halo 5 halo 4 has just released

All I'm saying is they need to at least introduce the flood for next gen, so we can see how they look with better graphics. Even if its just for one mission.

343 stated there wasn't going to be any Flood in halo 5, but they never said it wasn't going to be in the trilogy.

As I said before, halo's whole plot revolves around humans stopping the flood for good and bringing peace to the galaxy by reclaiming the mantle. Cortana will be back, the Arbiter needs to come back, the flood is the main point of the story, and didact is still hell bent on digitizing the human race(make them promithians), to combat the FLOOD.

Just because halo's 1-3 dealt with the flood, it doesn't mean that's the last we seen of them. There's still other halo installations out there. The first trilogy dealt with the human/covenant war which is now at a cease fire. This second trilogy deals with how humans will reclaim the mantle and become the caretakers/protectors of the galaxy.

And as I said before, we have already stopped The Flood in Halo 3! Them showing up as enemies in the new trilogy would be pointlessly redundant. They can show up in a CGI cutscene/flashback as part of the Human/Forerunner story, as our first contact with them is what led to the Human/Forerunner war. But the story of the new trilogy is about the Human's finally taking their intended place as protectors of the galaxy. We've already proven we can defeat the Flood without sacrificing the rest of the galaxy (something the Forerunners could not do), so now it's time to prove that we are better than the Forerunners to their face.

• Like 1

And as I said before, we have already stopped The Flood in Halo 3! Them showing up as enemies in the new trilogy would be pointlessly redundant. They can show up in a CGI cutscene/flashback as part of the Human/Forerunner story, as our first contact with them is what led to the Human/Forerunner war. But the story of the new trilogy is about the Human's finally taking their intended place as protectors of the galaxy. We've already proven we can defeat the Flood without sacrificing the rest of the galaxy (something the Forerunners could not do), so now it's time to prove that we are better than the Forerunners to their face.

The flood cant be stopped, the flood will have some part in the trilogy, as we dont know if the flood was actually destroyed, as was said there is other installations, the only thing that has happened the flood is they have returned to the first stage of thier evolution.

Humans did not stop the flood, just prevented the infestation from getting loose. Humans almost stopped the flood but the human/forerunner war(Didact) prevented it from happening. Flood is still out their, and so is the Arbiter who both should come back to next gen.

I'm not saying they need to be an integral part of the reclaimer trilogy, just make an appearance to show that the human race can stop the infestation, while arbiter or/and half jaw making peace with Covenant( take care of storm faction) and humans.

Also, the myth is Precursors release the flood into the galaxy as a test to the humans and revenge to Precursor/Forerunner war. Gravemind(which is just a flood colony) is supposedly a precursor.

I hate it what they seem to be doing! it's like the arbiter never existed, when reading the master chiefs files in the first level of halo 4 there is no mention of the arbiter or the elites helping the humans! and lets face it, if the elites didn't aid the humans the master chief wouldn't of won. So i do hope the arbiter does reappear and i do hope it is a big role as well.

• Like 1

The flood should only be reintroduced if they remake them, make them different than the ones we saw in the 1st trilogy. Also cortana might be back for halo 5, (no one saw that coming). In halo 4 SPOILER ALERT, cortana died saving the chief, or did she? Part of her might have survived and stayed on Requiem where the librarian or whatever that thing was, is, and since the librarian actually sorta crafted humans, she could heal cortana or even more, who knows-maybe in halo 5 cortana wont be 10 inches tall and not made out of light.

Creating great new characters is always welcome, but I feel like Bungie butchered the great potential of the Arbiter with Halo 3 (because some whiny fans didn't like to play as anyone but the Chief in H2 campaign, he became a mere sidekick). His introduction in Halo 2 offered an entirely new perspective to your relentless alien enemies in the first game and changed the dynamic of the franchise altogether. They created a REAL hero, who sacrificed everything for what he believed in and dedicated his life for the good of not only his people but others as well. And as the player you witness ALL of this, so there is a special connection there. Sorry to say this, but Master Chief is not as heroic as the Arbiter. He's too smart to sacrifice as much as the Arbiter did, but I guess that's starting to change. Even though I would love for his return, I find a hard time finding an appropriate story outlet for it. He returned to his homeworld to a life of peace for a reason. There would have to be an apocalyptic threat of a galactic scale to get him off the couch and back into his profession.

On that note, I agree with RisingPh3onix about how the Flood have been stopped and it should be kept that way because that was the point of the Halo trilogy and it would be counter-intuitive to ruin a narrative like that. BUT, I do not see the return of the flood all that unreasonable. Remember that the Flood have been successfully contained by the Forerunners for many milennia. You could eventually encounter the flood at such containment sites as the one that the Heretics in Halo 2 were housed in. That apparently was a planet hostile enough to prevent the Flood from escaping its atmosphere.

ALSO, if encountering the Flood in gameplay is still too much for you, than the looming threat of their return can be a great driving force in the plotline. There is definitely some Flood remaining in the galaxy, definitely on the remaining Halo rings, and MAYBE someone wants to release it?

This could also explain why the Didact, at the end, was implying he was doing a good thing by trying to compose all the humans.

• Like 4

Creating great new characters is always welcome, but I feel like Bungie butchered the great potential of the Arbiter with Halo 3 (because some whiny fans didn't like to play as anyone but the Chief in H2 campaign, he became a mere sidekick). His introduction in Halo 2 offered an entirely new perspective to your relentless alien enemies in the first game and changed the dynamic of the franchise altogether. They created a REAL hero, who sacrificed everything for what he believed in and dedicated his life for the good of not only his people but others as well. And as the player you witness ALL of this, so there is a special connection there. Sorry to say this, but Master Chief is not as heroic as the Arbiter. He's too smart to sacrifice as much as the Arbiter did, but I guess that's starting to change. Even though I would love for his return, I find a hard time finding an appropriate story outlet for it. He returned to his homeworld to a life of peace for a reason. There would have to be an apocalyptic threat of a galactic scale to get him off the couch and back into his profession.

On that note, I agree with RisingPh3onix about how the Flood have been stopped and it should be kept that way because that was the point of the Halo trilogy and it would be counter-intuitive to ruin a narrative like that. BUT, I do not see the return of the flood all that unreasonable. Remember that the Flood have been successfully contained by the Forerunners for many milennia. You could eventually encounter the flood at such containment sites as the one that the Heretics in Halo 2 were housed in. That apparently was a planet hostile enough to prevent the Flood from escaping its atmosphere.

ALSO, if encountering the Flood in gameplay is still too much for you, than the looming threat of their return can be a great driving force in the plotline. There is definitely some Flood remaining in the galaxy, definitely on the remaining Halo rings, and MAYBE someone wants to release it?

This could also explain why the Didact, at the end, was implying he was doing a good thing by trying to compose all the humans.

Yes he got transported "somewhere" along with the humans. Maybe that artifact? So basically what your saying is Arbiter is at home with wife and kids alongside uncle halfjaw and Arbiter finds out this faction of the Covenant(storm) is having a little scuffle with humans and master chief who also finds out is still alive and he's not going to give a hoot about it? Remember Didact told Chief he still has not claimed the mantle and has not have control over those primates(Covenant). Who's master chiefs best friend who helped him and at the end of H3. Chief needs Arbiter, even if It's an appearance to quell the storm.

Didact still believes humans are still not ready to reclaim the mantle when humans can't even control the Covenant and It's factions, let alone the flood and It's existence,....still.

• Like 1

Kind of funny how people seem to think that just because a certain species or character appeared in the original trilogy, its going to make a comeback in the reclaimer trilogy.

Arbiter: He went home at the end of Halo 3. Though, there is some possibilties he might return, I extremely doubt it. Also, be aware that 343 Industries is not going to put an elite vs elite battle in any future games. It'll sound like Arbiter is an elite terriosts who is fighting for the humans.

Avery Johnson: He's dead. Why do people think that just because they saw some technically impossible legendary ending from the first game where Johnson survived the destruction of the ring, he can survive getting beamed on and a destruction to another halo ring? It doesn't work that way. He's dead, just putting him back or even reviving him would break the canonical story.

Flood: The Flood is defeated and is an outdated species. No, it will not return unless the master chief stumbles across another halo ring.

I've done some research on the kilo-5 trilogy, leading up to the events of halo 4, and it seems arby's having some trouble on his homeworld with the storm Covenant who's secretly being helped by ONI on the condition that Arbiter never tries to make an alliance with humans and that the covenant stay away from earth. Meanwhile Arby's being helped by some humans on trying to get off his planet and avoid assassination.

Who do you think arby needs to help form an alliance with the humans after finding out he's alive.

So no he's not sitting at home relaxing eating waffles reminiscing about the good old days. He wants to unite the humans and Covenant.

Hopefully book 3 doesn't have him assassinated and kill him off, that would be very upsetting, and would lead to another war, knowing that storm hate humans and would break the agreement.

• Like 2

The Arbiter will return for Halo 5, he will have a Brute sidekick named Brutebacca, he will have his new ship the Centenial Eagle, and after a long sword fight at the end of Halo 5 the Diadac will reveal that he is in fact the Chiefs father. What? He wears armor, is really tall and has a force choke. In Halo 4 his giant space station like ship that shot it's super beam weapon was going to wipe out all life on the home base of the humans. Lucky for them the chief blew up the core. Gotta love these totally original 343 ideas. Force Choke, HA!

You know I would have said Star Wars ripoff what with all the Force Choking, giant space station ship with it's super beam cannon energy weapon. But it's not like you got in a space fighter and made a trench run while energy cannons were shooting at you. Oh wait, DAMN IT!

Okay well at least your closest friend and advisor didn't sacrifice themselves, fighting Lord Diadac so you could escape. SOB!

Well at least they didn't rip off the Jawa sand crawler, and you didn't attach your long sword to the hull of a enemy ship while it made the jump to hyper space. OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Okay well Cortana never said help me Obi Wan, so ha, in your face Star Wars.

• Like 2

I've done some research on the kilo-5 trilogy, leading up to the events of halo 4, and it seems arby's having some trouble on his homeworld with the storm Covenant who's secretly being helped by ONI on the condition that Arbiter never tries to make an alliance with humans and that the covenant stay away from earth. Meanwhile Arby's being helped by some humans on trying to get off his planet and avoid assassination.

Hold your horses. That first sentence is wildly ambiguous. ONI is helping the Arbiter or the Storm? If the Arbiter, then wtf? He would be working with them to ultimately avoid working with them? Paradox. If Storm, then wtf? Why is ONI helping an enemy?

Hold your horses. That first sentence is wildly ambiguous. ONI is helping the Arbiter or the Storm? If the Arbiter, then wtf? He would be working with them to ultimately avoid working with them? Paradox. If Storm, then wtf? Why is ONI helping an enemy?

Did you even read my post. Let me say it again: ONI IS HELPING THE STORM COVENANT ON THE CONDITION THAT THEY STAY AWAY FROM EARTH. BOTH PARTIES DO NOT WANT AN ALLIANCE, ONLY THE ARBITER AND HIS FOLLOWERS WANT TO UNITE THE HUMAN RACE WITH THE COVENANT. STORM STILL BELIEVES HUMANS SHOULD BE ERADICATED BUT WILL AGREE TO THIS ONLY BECAUSE ONI DOESN'T WANT ARBITER COMING TO EARTH, THEY BOTH WANT ARBITER ASSASSINATED. LOOK IT UP, KILO-5 TRILOGY...

• Like 1

Well, I believe the Arbiter will be in Halo 5, by reading the books, HALO: Glasslands and HALO: The Thursday War... The Thursday War book left you "suspended" of something serious the humans are planning to do to Sanghelios. All I can say is, the Arbiter won't take it lightly. I won't spoil it for you, though...