Halo 2 Anniversary Lets make it happen!

We are 2 years away from the Anniversary of the original xbox's top game, Halo 2. Would it be wrong if the celebration was to not be accompanied by a remake? Give the exact same treatment given to Halo Anniversary to Halo 2, and watch the fan's be sucked in one by one. To me, that sounds not only like a good way to be faithful to the Halo franchise, but also bring back one of the top shooters (still one of the best in my opinion) of all time!

But what if 343 so far have no plans? Or are not convinced that it needs to be done? We need to change their mind and let them now that we want this.

-Vista's and back drops: Remember gazing out into Earths polluted atmosphere in Cairo Station or marvelling at the Forunner Warship surrounded by a vast metropolis on High Charity? What about the Infected Library backdrop in the Quarantine mission? Imagine how much more depth and detail can be brought into those backdrops if the game were to get a HD treatment!

-Graphics: Say the HD remake was to be done with the Halo 4 engine, or maybe the Halo 5 engine. Try and conjure in your mind what the levels of Regret or Metropolis would look like when running on the latest engine? Can you imagine? Neither can i. Both those levels are an example of amazing level design and they both in my opinion looked the greatest. So with all the new lighting effects and textures and animation updates, most people wouldn't recognise this as a game, but maybe as a live-action movie, which is what most of us want!

-Sounds: Scarab Gun? Covie Carbine? Sentinel Beam? Imagine the boom of all 3 weapons, aplified by the power of remastered audio. Does it not make your ears go into Climax Mode? Also, need i mention the soundtrack? The glamourous echo in the Menu Suite, the dramatic triumph of Unyielding and the congratulatory resonance of Finale, all redone and remastered into even more brilliance.

-Multiplayer: Every Halo video i go on also has a group of nostalgia veterans talking about 'the good old day's' with Halo 2's multiplayer experience. Being the experience that launched the entire genre of Online Gaming, i feel that it should be redone. Not in Halo 4's form or Reaches form, but its own unique way. Maybe make it exactly what it was, or maybe add a few things from Halo 4 or some original elements of its own. But needless to say, it needs to be brought back.

And my final reason, is Infinite existence. By that, i mean how long the game will last. For those out there who still own their copy of Halo 2, purchased on the midnight release in November 2004, you might have thought about this too. Its about 10 years in the future and Halo 2 is regarded as a old-school game like Doom is regarded now. What happens when your copy breaks? There will be no way to play the game again as it is regarded as 'old'. How would you be able to get it again? if this remake where to happen, the games lifespan would expand over at least 20 years, and by then a digital version would most likely be avaliable to assure that your memorable experience can still be relived.

If 343 isn't making this game right now, they need to start cracking. If they find out how many people want this, then undoubtedly it will happen. If you don't agree with me on why this game should happen, please post but do not make it hateful or critisizing, just say why you think the game should remain as it is and why no HD remake should happen.

Lets do this!

• Like 2

We are 2 years away from the Anniversary of the original xbox's top game, Halo 2. Would it be wrong if the celebration was to not be accompanied by a remake? Give the exact same treatment given to Halo Anniversary to Halo 2, and watch the fan's be sucked in one by one. To me, that sounds not only like a good way to be faithful to the Halo franchise, but also bring back one of the top shooters (still one of the best in my opinion) of all time!

But what if 343 so far have no plans? Or are not convinced that it needs to be done? We need to change their mind and let them now that we want this.

-Vista's and back drops: Remember gazing out into Earths polluted atmosphere in Cairo Station or marvelling at the Forunner Warship surrounded by a vast metropolis on High Charity? What about the Infected Library backdrop in the Quarantine mission? Imagine how much more depth and detail can be brought into those backdrops if the game were to get a HD treatment!

-Graphics: Say the HD remake was to be done with the Halo 4 engine, or maybe the Halo 5 engine. Try and conjure in your mind what the levels of Regret or Metropolis would look like when running on the latest engine? Can you imagine? Neither can i. Both those levels are an example of amazing level design and they both in my opinion looked the greatest. So with all the new lighting effects and textures and animation updates, most people wouldn't recognise this as a game, but maybe as a live-action movie, which is what most of us want!

-Sounds: Scarab Gun? Covie Carbine? Sentinel Beam? Imagine the boom of all 3 weapons, aplified by the power of remastered audio. Does it not make your ears go into Climax Mode? Also, need i mention the soundtrack? The glamourous echo in the Menu Suite, the dramatic triumph of Unyielding and the congratulatory resonance of Finale, all redone and remastered into even more brilliance.

-Multiplayer: Every Halo video i go on also has a group of nostalgia veterans talking about 'the good old day's' with Halo 2's multiplayer experience. Being the experience that launched the entire genre of Online Gaming, i feel that it should be redone. Not in Halo 4's form or Reaches form, but its own unique way. Maybe make it exactly what it was, or maybe add a few things from Halo 4 or some original elements of its own. But needless to say, it needs to be brought back.

And my final reason, is Infinite existence. By that, i mean how long the game will last. For those out there who still own their copy of Halo 2, purchased on the midnight release in November 2004, you might have thought about this too. Its about 10 years in the future and Halo 2 is regarded as a old-school game like Doom is regarded now. What happens when your copy breaks? There will be no way to play the game again as it is regarded as 'old'. How would you be able to get it again? if this remake where to happen, the games lifespan would expand over at least 20 years, and by then a digital version would most likely be avaliable to assure that your memorable experience can still be relived.

If 343 isn't making this game right now, they need to start cracking. If they find out how many people want this, then undoubtedly it will happen. If you don't agree with me on why this game should happen, please post but do not make it hateful or critisizing, just say why you think the game should remain as it is and why no HD remake should happen.

Lets do this!

This would be awesome!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see a Halo 2 remake. It was such an iconic game for shooters, multiplayer, xbox, and online play. But if they do a Halo 2 anniversary I want Halo 2 exactly as it was when it was still online, just with some better graphics. I want the same menus, maps, same gameplay, and it needs to have it's own server. They need to do it right, but they definitely have the potential to do it right, but please, no loadouts, armor abilities, sprint, or any of that (I love these things in Halo 4 don't get me wrong, they just don't belong in Halo 2). So please 343, give us the game your community wants.

• Like 1

This couldn't be better! I've been thinking about it for the longest time, people stuck with Halo 2 until the Launch of the Xbox 360, It's sad we can't experience it much anymore, they always will have Halo 2 for PC, which contains online and achievements, however only about a 100 players are on, I want to go back to those times playing Zombies on Foundation and having that one guy who refuses to switch teams, I want it to not have party chat enabled so we could have all that good ol' Halo 2 trash talk before and during matchmaking. Please for the love of god make this happen 343.

Lets do this!

you all realize that 343i isn't going to read these comments in the community forums. go to the halo waypoint website to say what you want because thay actually read the comments there. ill post the website.

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/

you can have tha same conversation there and thay will see what you are saying.