DMR OP?

Zacchk

Am I the only one that thinks the DMR is the most noob friendly weapon? I mean the fire rate is faster, the bloom basically isn't there, and you don't even have to aim the damn thing. I got shot through a wall, been shot while the reticle wasn't even on me, and it's impossible to out shoot someone using it when using a BR. I know some smartass is going to tell me to just use it instead, but the fact is I was a huge Halo 2 and 3 fan, and having the BR back is what made me so pumped to get this game. I think the only thing they could really do would be increase the bloom on it. Don't cry to me saying that wouldn't be fair, became honestly it would and denying that means you're just plain ignorant. It would give players with the BR a fighting chance.

• Like 3

Denying would not make us ignorant. You are the ignorant one right now.

I think that the DMR and BR are pretty even. I think to even it out that the BR should have a smaller reticle and be a little more accurate.

You sir, obviously use the DMR. If you would like, you can go to my fileshare in game, and witness the OPness of the DMR. As for even? Go to a custom with a buddy, have him use the DMR and you use the BR. You'll see real quick that the DMR has an advantage.

• Like 1

Something I've also noticed is, when getting shot by the DMR it hits you and makes your gun like recoil, but when your getting shot with the BR that doesn't happen.

I think the DMR needs to be nerfed a little bit, or fix the bloom.

• Like 1

The dmr just has no Cons compared to the battle rifle and covenant carbine ( both have more limited range than the dmr ) while the dmr can shine in all areas of play close,mid,far the only pro of the battle rifle i can find over the dmr is a melee+headshot is a tad easier on the battle rifle but thats pretty minimal. the dmr seems to be the safest pick of all the starting weapons and i agree could probably use a fire rate nerf to make it's long range still shine but lower it's close+mid abit.

You sir, obviously use the DMR. If you would like, you can go to my fileshare in game, and witness the OPness of the DMR. As for even? Go to a custom with a buddy, have him use the DMR and you use the BR. You'll see real quick that the DMR has an advantage.

I have played with both weapons already. For me the BR is a medium range weapon and the DMR is medium to long range. If you are on a long range map use the DMR. You are not forced to use the BR so if you think the DMR is OP then why the heck not use it yourself. Yes I use the DMR because I think it is better. You can run around the map all you want with the BR and you might get some kills if you outshoot the opponent.

Don't think I do not know what I am talking about. You are the 4th person to repost this thread so I suggest checking out the search bar before you post another thread. Here is a link if you can not find it.

http://www.343industries.org/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=ccs

Am I the only one that thinks the DMR is the most noob friendly weapon? I mean the fire rate is faster, the bloom basically isn't there, and you don't even have to aim the damn thing. I got shot through a wall, been shot while the reticle wasn't even on me, and it's impossible to out shoot someone using it when using a BR. I know some smartass is going to tell me to just use it instead, but the fact is I was a huge Halo 2 and 3 fan, and having the BR back is what made me so pumped to get this game. I think the only thing they could really do would be increase the bloom on it. Don't cry to me saying that wouldn't be fair, became honestly it would and denying that means you're just plain ignorant. It would give players with the BR a fighting chance.

BR is boss and i have loadouts with BR and DMR, they both serve a purpose. DMR is better at long range. Use the BR on maps like Haven where the spread isn't going to hurt you at long distances. You got to remember to adapt to THIS GAME and not use a weapon based on what it was in a previous game. If that was so no one would use the DMR cos it was garbage in Reach. Bloom means there is a luck factor involved with the reticle expands out, a noob spamming can beat a veteran spamming based on luck, not skill, and First Person Shooters are skill based games where YOU have to go through a learning curve. Bringing back bloom on the the DMR is the only factor that could make me quit this game, as it was the reason i quit Reach.

BTW, every weapon on this game is balanced, nothing dominates across all distances.

You are more concerned about the DMR? They needed to upgrade the AR more then anything, it is the most underrated gun throughout all the halo's. I have never once seen anyone in MP use the AR, not even an SR1

I don't know what game you guys are playing but i reckon about 1 third of every player i have played against spams the AR. It is a beast, not something i would use for my gamestyle but soo many people are using it to great effect.

I'm a HUGE halo 2/3 fan...I quit reach due to the battle rifle being gone and the stupid bloom. Now that the BR is back its nearly worthless against the DMR. Lets look at the PROs and CONs shall we

DMR

-shoots faster than the br.

-accells in close/mid/long range battles when it is supposed to shine in mid to long.

-if 2 people are scoped in it kicks their screen up giving them a major advantage.

-it being hitscan and only shooting 1 bullet where the br has to connect with 3 bullets gives it yet another advantage.

-the bloom doesnt even have an effect 90% of the time if any at all.

-theres more but you guys get my point and i cant think of anything bad about this gun......NOW lets look at the BR

BR

-bullet spread

-very large aiming reticle

-shoots slower than the DMR

-easier to get that last head shot but it doesnt matter if your dead already

-it does not kick up the screen if the person is scoped in being shot by a BR

-it has recoil....seriously? and the DMR still shoots faster....lol

-its a 5sk now.

ok now that i've listed a few things the only suggestion that i could make would be to lower the fire rate of the DMR making it still viable at mid to long ranges but still a beast at long range OR put the BR back at 4sk where it would take 12 bullets instead of 13. it would give the BR the advantage in closer engagments but disadvantage long range. A 4sk BR would require the person to connect with all 12 bullets from each of the 4 bursts in order to kill the DMR user. if even 1 of those 12 bullets misses due to strafing and what not...that gives the DMR more than enough chance to win that fight. SOOOOOO all of the DMR users who are crying because they dont want anything that could possibly beat their beloved gun can just shut up...and before anyone says "oh hes just another noob that wont adapt or learn to use the DMR" i have no problem playing you 1v1 anytime!!! i loved halo up until reach....343 im begging you dont make me give up halo all together...and yes i feel that strongly over this.

I don't know what game you guys are playing but i reckon about 1 third of every player i have played against spams the AR. It is a beast, not something i would use for my gamestyle but soo many people are using it to great effect.

Ya I am skilled enough that using the AR would be counter productive but it has killed me often enough cause it kills way faster than the Medium range weapons

I'm sorry, I don't play slayer pro. I play infinity slayer both team and big team.