Halo 4s Campaign was lacking, and also very dissapointing. SPOILER

Eviltoothpick

Hello everyone, as we all know, 343 liked to focus more on the multiplayer aspect of the game, but the entire reason Halo is such a large univers is because of that Classic game ten years ago we loved so much, Its Campaign.

Halo 4s Campaign was extremely dissapointing for multiple reasons than 1.

The Jackals, did they completely evolve after four years in the timeline, or did they all decide to get a haircut and chop off the tip of their "beak". They dont look like Jackals.

I dont think the screenplay was written by the same person as before, a lot of the voice acting was rushed, as well as the storyline, I also noticed some graphics were a little "off". Im not saying they were bad, just that they seemed worse than if you were to play reach's campaign.

The soundboard for hte game was EPIC, though.

Why, in the hell would 343, knowing they would lose fanbase, sacrifice cortana? They killed the only thing that kept Master Chief a good character in the game. Without Cortana, he has no motivation, no will. No other AI can replace a character I have loved since I was 8.

Also, when Master Chief has the nuke in his hand....IN HIS HAND! He somehow survives in a room sized shield.... How does that work?

343, When I saw Cortana for the last time. I got upset. It ruined the entire Game for me.

Forum, What is 343 going to do to gather their fans back up? They stole from Bungee, and ripped it apart like a Piniata. I wonder what Bungee thinks about this?

Multiplayer doesnt make a game, The campaign does.

No, 343i didn't mess anything up. It was actually Bungie that messed it up. Why? Because they wrote the origional story, and in the original story, it states clearly that Smart AIs die after 7 years. So, no matter what happens, Cortana would have died anyway. Even if they found Halsey it's impossible to fix Cortana because Halsey is in prison.

So, no matter what happens, Cortana would have died anyway. Even if they found Halsey it's impossible to fix Cortana because Halsey is in prison.

I don't see any mention anywhere of Halsey being in prison. I know there was an interrogation at the beginning of four. But that doesn't necessarily mean she is in prison.

Also, Cortana said that it was a long shot, but it could be possible for Halsey to fix her seeing as how Cortana is the only AI made from Halsey's own flesh - a sort of clone of the mind.

The original trilogy was great and I thought 343 did a excellent job in telling the continued story, yes I will agree cortana's death was dramatic but thats what ade it great it gives cheif even more of a "bad ass" persona if you will and as far as the graphics the whole campagin was amazing definately the most detailed halo ever bravo 343 job well done

Yeah this is already my second post on the issue but I am frankly still reeling from the death of Cortana. I'm trying to get used to the idea but the little kid in me who first fell in love with Halo CE is simply not okay with 343 stepping in and immediately killing Cortana. Breaking my heart 343, breaking my heart

Cortana did not have to die. You could havve explained her extended life by the fact that she is the only AI cloned from organic material. Oh wait they did explain this could make her different. You could explain it from her contact with the Grave Mind or Forerunner tech. It's actually an open ended plot with her. But no the big retcon was that the Humans existed before the Forerunners and led the Flood right to them. And of course they kept attacking other races casue the flood was after them. Yes that makes sense, "oh we are being chased by the flood, lets get in repetative wars for no reason." Don't try to get allies, no attack everything. That makes a lot of sense.

On Cortana's "Death"... You do realize that there are 2 more games, right? After the credits, (Spoiler Alert), we hear the voice of the Didact. If he could survive that last fight, I'm sure that an AI could survive somehow, especially considering she can fragment herself.

Not to mention lacking Cortana wouldn't be very Halo-ish in the next few games. She'll be back. Use your brain to realize that this is the first game in a new trilogy.

Also, with Graphics and changes in models (Like the Jackals), it only make sense for their to be different appearances considering a new company is creating the games. A lot of the guns have different skins and features as well, if you haven't noticed.

Also, Chief was teleported by a fragment of Cortana using Forerunner tech, which explains why he didn't explode.

A good story has drama in it. If everyone is kept alive, then things get boring.

Also, please learn how to use proper grammar.

• Like 2

Maybe Cortana can return in the end of Halo 6, or beginning of Halo 6?

In Halo 5, Chief searches for Cortana, and ends up fighting the Didact (who survived). In Halo 6, Cortana returns, and Chief gets to know that Arbiter is alive, and planning the end of humanity. The end of the second trilogy of our beloved game series ends with the final showdown between Masterchief & The Arbtier?

I've only just joined these forums after being on Bungie.net for 7 years... I sense a lot of baww'ing already. No offense intended guys but the big man Frankie himself said that if you want to make a big impact you have to make some big plays. Cortana will most likely come back *somehow* but until then, ragging on 343i for "ruining" the game by making some big powerful moves within the story is going to change precisely nothing, and is completely uncalled for. They're just dedicating to their vision of how they see they Master Chief's story playing out, and whether you like it or not, bad things are gonna happen. She's dead for now. I can see why Halo 5 is going to be the "darker" entry in the new trilogy, but I'm skeptical of whether or not people realise that 343i did what they did to wreak havok (no pun intended) with your emotions, and to add to an already compelling story. It's like being angry at them because they made you feel something. Which is the entire point, is it not?

I'm very much looking forward to Halo 5, and seeing how the Chief deals with his loss. This series is in very good hands IMHO, and it was very noble of Bungie to pass it on when they no longer felt they could do it justice. Keep 'em coming.

• Like 2

At the end when the Didact is talking that is him talking to the other Forerunners when they punish him. It does NOT take place after Chief sticks him.

Nope, it actually happens after chief "sticks" him because he says "Humanity stands as the greatest threat in the galaxy. Reclamation has already begun, and we are hopeless to stop it" Humanity was nowhere near being a threat when he was punished, and the incident with the flood and the events of Halo 4 is the beginning of reclamation he's talking about. That whole speech applies to current events. And the Didact was unconscious when he was placed in the Cryptum, so he could've never spoken to the other forerunners.

Not only was Cortana made from DNA, She was also made with Forerunner Technology. Halsey had made Spartans, called them the culmination of humanity, she also said something similar about cortana. I have a strong feeling 343 will bring her back, Just because, she is one of three things that formed Hlo CE. her, the covenant, and master chef. I just dont like the ending, it seemed like they wanted to piss some people off. They make master chief Invincible, and I know they are going to kill him in the end of 6, but why kill cortana now, just to make the story interestin?

Nope, it actually happens after chief "sticks" him because he says "Humanity stands as the greatest threat in the galaxy. Reclamation has already begun, and we are hopeless to stop it" Humanity was nowhere near being a threat when he was punished, and the incident with the flood and the events of Halo 4 is the beginning of reclamation he's talking about. That whole speech applies to current events. And the Didact was unconscious when he was placed in the Cryptum, so he could've never spoken to the other forerunners.

No, it really doesn't He is talking to the other Forerunners about his actions when he first used the composer and he is on "trial" when he refers to the greatest threat he is then referring to how the humans were once on par with the Forerunners and the race that would hold the mantle.

I posted my own thread about why the death of Cortana is actually a good thing. Might give you a new perspective on the ending. http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/17116-opinion-why-cortana-was-a-good-thing/

In any case, she's dead for now, but I have a feeling she'll come back. And even if she doesn't, I think the Master Chief will become a much stronger, much more compelling character as the result of her loss.

No, it really doesn't He is talking to the other Forerunners about his actions when he first used the composer and he is on "trial" when he refers to the greatest threat he is then referring to how the humans were once on par with the Forerunners and the race that would hold the mantle.

He was never in trial after using the composer, watch the terminals and you'll see that after he uses it we never see him talking to another forerunner other than the librarian. And he says humanity "Stands" as the greatest threat, as in they are a threat at that moment, which can only apply to 2557. This is what happened, Didact uses composer, then he uses the prometheans to fight the flood, afterwards on his ship, Linrarian sneaks up on him and shoots him unconscious. While he is unconscious,he is placed in the Cryptum. There is no way he could've said that to another Forerunner after using the composer.

I've only just joined these forums after being on Bungie.net for 7 years... I sense a lot of baww'ing already. No offense intended guys but the big man Frankie himself said that if you want to make a big impact you have to make some big plays. Cortana will most likely come back *somehow* but until then, ragging on 343i for "ruining" the game by making some big powerful moves within the story is going to change precisely nothing, and is completely uncalled for. They're just dedicating to their vision of how they see they Master Chief's story playing out, and whether you like it or not, bad things are gonna happen. She's dead for now. I can see why Halo 5 is going to be the "darker" entry in the new trilogy, but I'm skeptical of whether or not people realise that 343i did what they did to wreak havok (no pun intended) with your emotions, and to add to an already compelling story. It's like being angry at them because they made you feel something. Which is the entire point, is it not?

I'm very much looking forward to Halo 5, and seeing how the Chief deals with his loss. This series is in very good hands IMHO, and it was very noble of Bungie to pass it on when they no longer felt they could do it justice. Keep 'em coming.

thats just dum i'm not holding my breath on halo 5 or 6 i'm done 3 is were it should have ended .

There's a reason Halo 3 was left open ended, so they could finish the Master Chief's story at a later date. If you had seen the legendary ending of Halo 3 and had the intelligence to grasp the fact that the people who had invested their blood, sweat and tears in creating the games in this series might want to, you know.. finish the story they started 11 years ago and keep making games for a series they love, you probably wouldn't think it was "dumb".

C'mon man, get your **** together. :mellow:

I disagree with everything you have posted. I have to point out that I think the graphics are the best of any Halo game ever, (and on par with some of the best looking games available for the 360). I also loved the story. Yeah, it sucks that Cortana died, but lets be honest here. Master Chief is the main protagonist, and Cortana can be replaced. That's my opinion anyway.