Future Update To Nerf Some Things?

GMatt325

I was just wondering if there is going to be an update for Halo 4 soon..

There is a lot of bugs still and weapons/vehicles in War Games are WAY WAY WAY to OVERPOWERED ( O.P )

Whenever you shoot and kill someone with a DMR, the hit detection acts as if you always get a head shot (If you shoot someone in the chest, it will act as if hitting them in the head). This is really the main bug in War Games..

Other than that, there needs to be some weapon nerfing (make less powerful).

The DMR is way over powered.. Even though its my favorite gun, it needs some better hit detection and a range decrease.. It can hit someone from across the map on Ragnarok.. Please fix this..

Other than that, Halo 4 is really good and was well worked on.. Just fix the bugs, have an update and BAM Halo 4 is rated the #1 Halo game.. Lol...

Thanks for reading

The DMR is SUPPOSED to be a long range weapon. It should be able to shoot all the way across Ragnarok.

Agreed. The game is fine as-is. The only thing I can see as being "overpowered" is the Mantis, and even still I don't really think it's overpowered. It's just powerful, as it should be (I mean, seriously, it's a damn mech. Come on).

• 3 weeks later...

the DMR and Light Rifle are both long range weapons, as the DMR is called the designated MARKSMAN rifle how do you expect it to not hit stuff across the map?

the BR is more mid range along with the carbine

all the full auto weapons are closer range

people need to stop complaining because they dont know how to play halo

p.s. the boltshot is fine as well

and on the subject of the mantis. it can be taken down remarkably fast. its only overpowered if your team funnels into its kill zone one by one without any teamwork at all. just 3 people on my team with DMR's took it down like nothing

also i was able to walk across half the ragnarok map with just a plasma pistol to kill it solo. not very powerful if you ask me

If anything, the boltshot should NOT be able to 1 shot kill, even fully charged it should at most bring down all shields. 1hko is dumb on a weapon you can spawn with!

But the problem with that is that the gun will basically become useless at this point. Why use it when you can use the much better plasma pistol.

If they nerf it at all the only thing they should do is decreases its range by a couple feet or something.

But the problem with that is that the gun will basically become useless at this point. Why use it when you can use the much better plasma pistol.

If they nerf it at all the only thing they should do is decreases its range by a couple feet or something.

I don't ever understand the argument for the boltshot being overpowered... the range is only slightly larger than melee range.

I don't either, but people swear that it is too far. From my experience the range is 3-5 feet in front of you, hardly anything.

it makes it too easy to camp since it's as easy to shoot as a shotgun, and is effectively stronger than the hammer and sword because of its kill distance. Also, since it charges fast, it's difficult to react in time without promethean vision. Just overall, it can nullify the difference in skill and tactics and give just about anyone who's had practice with the thing, an easy kill.

Whenever you shoot and kill someone with a DMR, the hit detection acts as if you always get a head shot (If you shoot someone in the chest, it will act as if hitting them in the head). This is really the main bug in War Games..

Apparently you've never played Halo before, because the first few NONE KILL SHOTS, always register the same damage value and ALWAYS HAVE! Go pull out all your copies of Halo, the first none kill shots all register the same damage, ANYWHERE on the body.

*been awhile since I played a few, but I think this is right*

CE: 2 body, 1 headshot <-- the ultimate TSK game

H2: 3 body, 1 headshot

H3: 3 body, 1 headshot

Reach: 4 body, 1 headshot

H4: 4 body, 1 headshot

The only weapon slightly overpowered in my opinion is the Boltshot. Before people start giving out to me for saying this please understand I use it a lot and love it, the fact that I use it so much is one of the reasons I know it is way to good.

Things they could do:

1. Decrease the range to beat down distance.
  2. Make it so once a player is outside the instant kill zone that it does little damage to shields.
  3. Make the allowable release time shorter.
  4. Increase charge time.

One or more of the above could be implemented without taking away its unique ability of a 1HK, these would merely make it a little tougher/riskier to use and would ensure that it is still less powerful than say a shotgun.

I like it as a weapon and without the 1HK it would be pointless. All the above said the weapon is not game destroying as it is....

it makes it too easy to camp since it's as easy to shoot as a shotgun, and is effectively stronger than the hammer and sword because of its kill distance. Also, since it charges fast, it's difficult to react in time without promethean vision. Just overall, it can nullify the difference in skill and tactics and give just about anyone who's had practice with the thing, an easy kill.

But it is incredibly easy to predict where people with it are if you are that worried about it. Then if you just can't muster up the ability to thwart that boltshot users evil plans then just hang back and shoot at people from a distance.