I have been a halo enthusiast for a very long time now I played halo ce as a kid. I am a very competitive player first and foremost and I think that is important to consider with my review.

I play halo 4 and I like the game but I don't know how much longer I will be playing it hopefully it grows on me. With that said here's my likes/dislikes vs halo 3

Halo 3 was simple and very halo for the lack of a better word. Halo 4 has adopted c.o.d. Policies and has the feel of unreal tournament.

The major problems arise in the same manner as the recent election. When you end up trying to please everyone(Obama) u end up pleasing no one. Where's if you make the system or game competitive people get really excited and work hard/play hard(Romney). I hate politics but it made sense for this and I didn't vote for either so don't judge me.

Halo 3 you had nothing given to you you had to earn it. Now you are given loadouts with 100 different options and 10 new reasons to camp (ie invis, bigger radar, promethean vision ect). Remember when you couldnt camp right out of the whole because you would get rocked by rockets ifnyou did. Rushing rockets and sniper was half the fun of halo. Now we just give those things to you for free completely unearned. This leads to not knowing what people have and therefore no idea what to prepare against. And sprint makes for a lot of chasing and a lot less fighting. There are also more weapons in halo 4 than it needs I mean 4 different long range rifles with be, Dmr, light rifle, carbine. I mean come on did we need an alien shotgun identical to a normal shotgun ?

I just want halo to be competitive again. Don't get me started about ordinance packages that would take me 5 pages to talk about how dumb those are.

The ranking system is a total joke and I could go on and on about other things but I would like to know what the community thinks about my review.

• Like 2

I couldn't agree more... You just can't compete w bungie... Halo 1 2 and 3 were so exciting that i still play them today. I beat halo 4 campaign in a night and had no urge to start over like bungie halo games did. I feel like you and I are the only ones who think bungie did a better job with halo

• Like 1

Yeah the new ranked system on halo 4 should stick to no perks, no running, limited number of guns (ie br, assault, pistol, shotgun, alien pistol, rockets, sniper, and sword), no ordinance packages, placing the power weapons ( rockets, sniper, sword) in the middle of the map so you have to fight for the power, and lastly weapons need to be placed around the map and not disappear when you get killed or drop them.

And what happen to bubble shield and power drain....are u kidding me, that was one of the best parts of h3

• Like 1

You guys are thinking to much about tradition. There are so many new and awesome things in Halo 4. No it's not Halo 3, it's barely similar. But that's cause the box says Halo 4.

That's why people buy and play and love Halo, because it's Halo, when they remove all the core aspects of Halo, which they've basically done, you lose a LOT of the fan-base.

• Like 1

Matchmaking feels empty for several reasons the maps are not balanced like for example "The Pit" that game offered everything rockets, sniper, sword, shotty it took key planing to obtain the power weapons and overshield. Every person had the same weapons offered to them, to pull off a win it was pure skill and teamwork. Now players come and go during a match which changes the entire dynamics of the game as you cant learn the other teams strengths or predict their moves. On some game types friendly fire is turned off which removes the last bit of skill required.

They give medals away for nothing im getting 7-9 assists and a good 10+ head shots per game now I know damn well I dont actually get that many head shots as im the one firing the gun but yet they are given to you for free. It seems an assist is given for simply firing a shot in the general direction of a dying opponent. The point system destroyed matchmaking as now its not really about getting kills its about getting points. How in the world is a needler or grenade kill worth as much as a head shot? Im guessing they felt like those players that were not that good should get the same amount as points as those who are.

• Like 1

That's why people buy and play and love Halo, because it's Halo, when they remove all the core aspects of Halo, which they've basically done, you lose a LOT of the fan-base.

They didn't remove the core aspects, they added new things. A lot of 'normal' aspects were added in Halo 3, such as equipment and many other guns. Also, I for one like all the guns, nothing wrong with variety.

The core is still there.I literally can make a loadout with no support or tactical package/armor ability and still do well.Stop holding onto the past and adapt.Your skill still shines through in this game and it is still Halo, it grew up and it needed to change formula to compete in the FPS realm.Get over it.

The core is still there.I literally can make a loadout with no support or tactical package/armor ability and still do well.Stop holding onto the past and adapt.Your skill still shines through in this game and it is still Halo, it grew up and it needed to change formula to compete in the FPS realm.Get over it.

What how is H4 ANYTHING like H2 or H3 other than the whole blue vs red thing?

• Like 1

When I firs played h4 it reminded me so much of a cross between unreal tournament 2004 and cod because the maps and guns seem so much like an unreal tournament (so many weird guns in darker unorganized maps) and the play style like cod (running abilities, perks, upgrades, and basically a form of a kill streak perk they call ordinance packages).

Even the loading screen per-game is so busy and unorganized......someone was trying to do way too much

Regarding the pit.........best map ever

Okay so 343 if ur listening here's what to do

1. No load outs nobody likes them, how can the chief use promethean vision anyway he's a spartan

2. Ordinance needs to go the way of the dodo bird... What's a dodo bird, I know

3. Friendly fire ON

4. Ranking system that's skill based

5. Balanced Maps with guns that teams fight for like rockets

6. No instant spawn, u should wait 5 seconds after dieing, do u know how many foes I've one shot after spawning can u say cheap?

7. Try to not overburden maps with a yacht load of different weapons but focus on spartan weapons as we are Spartans

8. Have at least ONE game type like this and I promise people will play

9. Energy regen is foggy wtf is up with that, put it in the middle of the map as a pickup and were good

10. Where is the bubble shield guys? Remember don't make it a load out

11. Don't throw players into the middle of games what is this cod?

12. The maps are a little cluttered(ie solace, abandon,) but I think sprint contributes a lot to the cluttered feeling.

13. I understand you guys wanted to do new things and you did but load outs, perks and ordinance a.k.a. Everything cod has isn't the answer, no one wants to play a halo3/mw3 hybrid game.

• Like 2