forge world in halo 4?

Tyfox1106

forge world in halo 4?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. should they make a map like forge world (large forging map from halo reach) in halo 4?

NO they should not make a forge world. The only reason they should is if you need more space, and the maps are large enough already that you don't. If you're working on a small map, there are several different areas in the halo 4 forge maps for you to use a different spot on the map almost every time, or just build in the air. It's fun, when I'm making a new map, to choose which forge map I want to build it in. I like how they're all designed differently w different unique objects and different themes.

• Like 1

Yes I do wish that we had a forge world but I also think that these new forge environments harbor some great maps and ideas. We can make this work. We are the community of an awesome game and franchise. So we should appreciate 343's effort to continue this game for the community and give them our support.

If you have not had a chance yet go back and read Ducain23's post on page 2 very enlightening. :)

How about instead of the ridiculously large "forge world" they just give us new forge maps from time to time like the 3 we already got...with their own unique pieces etc...this would keep the game wayyy more interesting than a huge space that the objects get old and the skin is the same.

I think they should come out with a map like Forge world, but I doubt it'll be called forge world or look like it. It would be called something new so they would get discriminated for it, and they would make some minor changes most likely. (My serious  Opinion)

I like the different maps on Halo 4, but Forge World in Reach was my playground. I think that 343 should build a massive Forge World, 4 or 5 times the size of Reach's, with more budget and items. 25K and double all item counts

In short; Yes.

In long; Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss.

All the current maps are extremely restricted, there is no large rolling hill like terrain to build cool maps with. Only a small ultra bumpy map, perfectly flat map, and a huge void where you can build it with identical looking pieces.

• 2 weeks later...

How is it that the discussion hasn't already begun concerning "Forge Islands"?  This is about as close to Forge World as we are going to get with H4.  I like the simplicity of their idea here, although many may disagree.  I would hope for water access, along with interior grottos inside of the island(s), but I'm not getting my hopes up.  The new pieces and multiple pallets info was a breath of fresh air though.

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I ilke that we now have a larger forge world, I personally have wanted a forge world with more varied terrain.  I want an area with very interesting terrain to forge on that you can still use uniquely to make a map.  I loved the Island in Forge World for this reason

• 1 month later...

Yeah i myself love to mess around with the forge tool, and a map like forge world would be awesome. Forge island is really cool, and its extremely large, but most of the area is just open space. It would be cool to have a map with more ground on it like forge world. 

• 4 weeks later...

Exactly.

I didn't get Halo 4 because of the multiplayer or the campaign - I got it for the custom games. Mini games, indiana jones, underwater maps..all not possible in Halo 4. Or at least not to the full potential as they were in Halo:Reach.

How can we convince 343 that the new forge maps suck? We keep posting threads about it. I'll be making one later today, just to keep the flow going.

What! Are you joking! You can make even MORE minigames in Halo 4 with trait zones, grav volumes, the new armor abilities, and the new pieces in forge island. With the modded infection gametype you can do so everything, if not more with Flood- based games.

They have some good maps, and good ideas but I would like something large and filled with cool items. Kinda like sandbox or whatever from halo 3

forge island is a much bigger sandbox from halo 3. the only 2 problems are

1. you have to make the flooring most of the time
  2. theres not too much interactable scenery

• 2 weeks later...

I voted no for this. One of the biggest problems with forge world was that well... that it was so big. It was nice having so many different terrains to work with, but they need to be separated into at least 3 different maps. For example Forerunner terrain, Island/Beach terrain, Space terrain, Indoor terrain (like Foundry), and Urban terrain.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...