jkoz4

So, I am having this issue as are many others as described on Halo Waypoint, and nobody is acknowledging this issue.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst130327_HALO-4-Sound-Problems-during-Cutscene-s.aspx

Cutscene Sound Issue

- During cutscenes, sound effects including music, ambient noise, and general sound effects sound muffled, like a low bitrate music file.

- Dialogue and vocals tend to be unaffected. They play at lossless quality.

- In game sound effects are unaffected.

- Prerendered cutscene sound effects are unaffected.

- In game engine cutscene sound effects are the only ones experiencing low bitrate qualities.

This is a summary of the issue. I experienced the issue during ingame cutscenes with many sound effects and music tracks sounding muffled and like I was listening underwater, while the dialogue was crisp. The game itself had no issues but any time a cutscene occurred with the ingame graphics engine, everything sounded extremely low-fi. I am using an optical cable on a 250gb slim 360 with a Sony 5.1 receiver. I attempted with the game running from disc, installed to the hard drive, multiple reboots and experienced this from start to end in the campaign. This is not a minor issue as 343 advertised their sound production was going to be phenomenal, but I may as well have only had one speaker for these cutscenes because that's the sound quality I was given. Were the wrong files for the surround mix included on the disc? Is a patch in the works? Instead of enjoying the cutscenes, I could only cringe at the sound quality. Any and all information on this glaring issue would be very much appreciated.

I started this topic the day I bought the game and then tried my copy on a few different consoles but to no avail... I looked everywhere for direct contact to 343 but apparently the only way to do so is through this forum. How can we make them aware of this problem? I'm not sure if they are since I haven't seen any official statements from 343 commenting on this problem. I enjoyed the campaign but it would have been more special if the sound was presented correctly.

343 are you aware of this problem? HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED

yep same here, but for me its the music in battle is like ZERO!! cant hear a ****, witch makes battles less epic then previews halo games. The backgroundmusic was one of the top things that made halo great.. but now its like... all i hear is "BAM BAM BAM BAM GGGRGRGR BOOOM" witch is annoying >_> and the warthog sounds awefull!!!!

Yeah what the heck is going on with Halo 4. I was in the middle of the campaign and all the cut-scene and dialogue sounds stopped all of a sudden... I called xbox support and they told me that a few of their dish may have gotten scratched in the manufacturing process. Sure enough there was a perfect circle all around my disk.... Is that the cause?...I don't know, but why was the sound working earlier but no longer now?