Told. You. So.

killerdude1635

Ok if its such a great game please give some examples why? I can give you a list of reasons it has failed. Come on lets be honest you actually enjoyed the so called final battle......with run here activate that then run there activate that once again run there activate that......all for nothing as the final battle was the largest fail in the entire game.

This is all my opinion, so please don't go ahead say something like "are you kidding me? That was the worst in the series."

1. Amazing multiplayer

2. Awesome story

3. Great ending

4. Spartan Ops is a great 10 minutes of fun.

5. Forge is actually usable this time for me, so I'm playing around in that.

6. Gunplay is just superb.

And I actually like the last mission. All of it. It really gave me a feeling that time is running out, and it just felt epic. And I'm being honest, so don't assume what I like and don't like.

Guys are we forgetting that this is 343's first EVER game. I mean they were never going to get it perfect halo 1,2 and 3 were always going to be better as bungie had time to shape the world . While 343 were landed an already crafted story and told to "get on with it" I'm not entierly happy with the games storyline with the space magic stuff but I am willing to give 343 a chance to show that they are putting everything into the halo universe,

Think about it when you are landed something for the first time it isn't always perfect it's only after you can go back and redesign things that didn't work then go forward with better results.

I personally felt like the AI was worse than Reach even on legendary the Knights would just stand there as I hit them with a light rifle.

I don't know. On Normal I had a hard time with the Knights not standing in one spot. And if they took enough damage and I almost killed them, they'd teleport away.

The cut scenes were great but in game graphics were lacking to me examples would be vehicle damage the dash on a ghost in Reach showed an image of what was in front of you but in H4 its just a purple screen. The graphics look good from a distance until you get up close.

In my opinion, the graphics in four are way ahead of reach. Reminds me of when I tried playing Crysis 2. Awesome graphics!!! Those small things you brought up are things I never even noticed and honestly they don't bug me.

Do you lack the space for it?

It shouldn't be a matter of space. The game should be on one disc, so why is it on 2? And if MP has to be on a separate disc (I doubt the game is actually big enough to warrant being 2 discs), why not just use that 2nd disc as your MP disc instead of having to download it onto your system? Especially given that not all 360's can handle that sorta size requirements out of the box.

Posted somewhere else. Why I think Halo 4 is a win as a title. Coming from a player with 300K+ MP kills and 6 50s in halo 3. Also I skipped Reach till a year ago cause of the badness of bloom.

Halo 4 is what every game after halo 2 should have been. A prefect blend between halo 1-2 gameplay. Halo 3 was a failure on every level for gamplay and coding. It was a win on new doodads like Forge and theater. Halo reach was a failure on ever level in gameplay till bloom could be turned off. But was a techincal masterpiece(netcode was really good)

Halo 4 got the Amazing Coding of Reach pumped up to another level in graphics.

It Got the great core gameplay that made made Halo CE and H2 the legends they are.

It got Halo Reaches Armor ablities except they aren't stupid and or OP so they might work competitively.

I wanted spint as a default since H2, I hate following stupid people that I can't catch.

It got a progression system that attracts new players and COD players to build the base but it so far only seems subtle and in a year everyone will have all the same options so no one will complain that something is OP cause everyone will have it.(maybe new players should gets 50 games of double exp for every 6 months this game is out.)

We got the weapon variaty this game needed for competitve and casual players. Several weapons fit into the same nich but they all work a little differently and give casuals variaty and competitive players options down the line as the game evolves. FYI SAW IS OP and I love it.

I love that I can actually get multi kills again because the weapons aren't weak with not enough ammo.

Perfections seem gone. Makes me sad but ow well.

Story seems meh. Gotta replay end by myself. Loud obnocious people might have ruined it or made me miss something.

Several maps look like strong MLG maps without major changes. Unlike halo 3 or reach.

I am waiting on someone to tell me if forge is good cause I don't want to lose myself into that black hole of life.

On launch this game has a more competitive feel by far than anything. I sucked to much when halo 2 game out to remember the badness of the default BR.

Serious complaints...I don't have enough time to play......Need to make a Xbox laptop. Seriously. Even without a battery just make 1 with a quality screen that I can plug into a wall anywhere with wifi and play.

Real complaints. Thusters suck. I watched a pre release playing of Zombies and that is what I expected seeing as it should be like a jetpack but with a boost across distances. As it is now thrustser just **** with my first person perspective and don't make me go faster. They might help get across small gaps but it isn't worth non just using a jetpack.

So you think by making the game like cod that it has somehow evolved? You can't bite off another game and call it evolution. I don't want all FPS games to be the same, but in the future it's looking like that's how it's going to be. "Evolve" this guy says... what a joke.

If Halo 4 didn't add anything new to the multiplayer, THAT is what would make it more like CoD.

It shouldn't be a matter of space. The game should be on one disc, so why is it on 2? And if MP has to be on a separate disc (I doubt the game is actually big enough to warrant being 2 discs), why not just use that 2nd disc as your MP disc instead of having to download it onto your system? Especially given that not all 360's can handle that sorta size requirements out of the box.

The reason is that people don't have to switch discs just to play multiplayer. This way it can be accessed while having disc one in the console. And yes, the campaign itself spans the whole first disc.

I knew people would disagree, they can't accept it, it is literally impossible for YOU people to think this game could possibly suck. As i've said before, most of you kiss the asses of 343i.

So, I played the game and it sucked, HARD. A youtube comment i saw the other day pretty much sums up Halo 4.

"Halo 4 is the **** smear on the Halo franchise."

1. Terrible story (Was hoping it would be good..)

2. The so called balanced multiplayer turned out be one of the biggest fails ever.

3. They basically robbed us of any replayability by limiting our gametypes and options.. (R.I.P Random infection gametypes)

The only good things i can actually say about this game is the graphics look nice.

And anyone disagreeing with me, so be it, but can you explain why most of the internet is bitching about this game? Cause i don't see very many positive remarks about it..

PS: I came here for Halo, NOT Halo 4.

Why? It's because people who like the game are busy playing it, not going on the internet complementing it. Get something better to do than this, go play CoD or something. Did you really expect people to react positively towards this thread? I mean, this is a Halo fan site. Nobody wants your crap opinions.

Ah, now I remember why I left GameFAQs and other online gaming communities. The whole, "if you don't agree with my opinion you're just in denial" thing.

It's a game. People are going to have differing takes on it. They're not deluding themselves if they genuinely enjoy the game. And they're not butthurt if they legitimately disliked it. The problem arises when the whole "my opinion is fact" thing arises. Which is why I literally DREAD participating in these communities these days.

• Like 1

The reason is that people don't have to switch discs just to play multiplayer. This way it can be accessed while having disc one in the console. And yes, the campaign itself spans the whole first disc.

How can a 7 hour campaign span a whole ******* disc? Seriously? If you look at what other games have done and then you look at H4's setup you can see that this second disc download is just stupid. You wanna compare H4 to another game with multiplayer that spans 2 discs? Look at ME3. That game has a 40+ hour play time, not to mention having to account for all the variables from ME and ME2 and they still made it so that you could play multiplayer regardless of which game disc was in the system. If you wanna talk about other big games, Elder Scrolls and Fallout are practically endless games and they fit on one disc. COD, GOW, UT and previous Halo's all fit on one disc.

No other game before has required this much of my hard drive while I have a physical disc copy, and I'm not going to support a game developer that thinks that this is a good alternative to them actually doing their job properly. If they really had to use 2 discs, they should have made the multiplayer playable off the second disc instead of forcing you to save it. But hey, why make things so that people who can't get the game onto their system can actually play without having to spend MORE money on the game.

As much as it kills me to actually have to agree with KillerDude on this one....I agree. In fact, I think I was the first one to complain about it, albeit I had valid carefully laid out very detailed complaints that can't really be argued.

But aside from that, re-read what he said. If you actually go into the various other Halo communities like Halomaps, Se7enSins, Modacity, etc....you will actually find that a much larger piece of the community has already spoken out against Halo 4, far more than you see the praise. And we aren't talking newbie players either, we are talking about people whom have played the game for over a decade, and have only decided to speak up now, because THIS IS the Halo that made them complain...period.

I mean look, of coarse people are gonna like it, and people are gonna hate it. No I don't agree with the complaints as a whole that people have made, since half of them seem to be nonsense, ass-pulled ones with no real comparison or thought behind them, but things that KillerDude has pointed out, and I'm sure he could finely detail them, have a lot of truth behind them,. This is a Halo forum...love it or hate it, you have to accept both halves of the coin when dealing with a community, not just picking one side that suits you and running with it. I don't blame people for liking it, everyone finds something about it they like and they do just that. But what I don't like, is dismissive people that refuse to see things from a different perspective and just post trash responses instead of understanding... you know who you people are on that one...and I am not amused!

• Like 1

How can a 7 hour campaign span a whole ******* disc? Seriously? If you look at what other games have done and then you look at H4's setup you can see that this second disc download is just stupid. You wanna compare H4 to another game with multiplayer that spans 2 discs? Look at ME3. That game has a 40+ hour play time, not to mention having to account for all the variables from ME and ME2 and they still made it so that you could play multiplayer regardless of which game disc was in the system. If you wanna talk about other big games, Elder Scrolls and Fallout are practically endless games and they fit on one disc. COD, GOW, UT and previous Halo's all fit on one disc.

Possibly because of the high quality graphics and cutscenes. Yes, even higher quality than Fallout in my opinion.

No other game before has required this much of my hard drive while I have a physical disc copy, and I'm not going to support a game developer that thinks that this is a good alternative to them actually doing their job properly. If they really had to use 2 discs, they should have made the multiplayer playable off the second disc instead of forcing you to save it. But hey, why make things so that people who can't get the game onto their system can actually play without having to spend MORE money on the game.

Ok. Suite yourself. While you're all butt hurt about something so ridiculous and acting like a child, I am going to continue enjoying Halo 4. Jesus, grow up and just deal with it instead of whining like a ***** about it. You people are getting annoying.

Possibly because of the high quality graphics and cutscenes. Yes, even higher quality than Fallout in my opinion.

Ok. Suite yourself. While you're all butt hurt about something so ridiculous and acting like a child, I am going to continue enjoying Halo 4. Jesus, grow up and just deal with it instead of whining like a ***** about it. You people are getting annoying.

You can always leave.

But yeah, i've seen more complaints then complements over this game, that says enough for me, plus on top of that

This happens after every new game is released. The same with Halo 2 and 3, the Grand Theft Autos, etc. Every new release is followed by a massive overreaction with passionate, emotion-filled posts, especially during the first week. I now find myself looking at today's date in my timezone: November 11th. The game's only been out for a solid five days. But one can't sling a virtual dead cat without hitting 20 different threads of groaning. Some of the posts are legit complaints that I 100% agree with, and others are merely members raging over the changes in the game instead of looking at the bigger picture (their failure to adapt or make an effort to adjust). A game having more complaints than compliments during the first week (or less than a week, in this case) from its release doesn't say much, as this is the norm. You can say "Told ya so!" to yours truly if the same complaints are being spouted in a year from now.

You can not swear on this forum, please read the rules.

l got bored with reach in the Beta in the first 2 days. Halo 4 so far the fundementals of a great game are all there. Some minor Fine tuning but a roaring success compared to every halo game since halo CE. Halo 2 had to have the BR patch to be playable(Was a noob at the time so didn't notice. Am not a noob now so I know why noobs didn't notice the problems with the last 2 games). I am rusty but not a noob so I think I can say you are all wrong. Do you know why more people complain. Because they aren't busy playing the game enjoying it. A few hundred people are complaining a few 100 thousand are playing enjoying it so far. the MLG forums mostly have minor settings complaints. So maybe the sea of new players are mad about getting killed by the DMR but otherwise. I don't see this huge technical problem with the game.

• Like 1

Why in the world do people keep talking about so called high quality graphics? H4 falls short of Reach and in some parts even H3. Sure the cut scenes are great but I couldnt care less about cut scenes we are not playing Mass Effect here. Load up Reach and H3 walk around look at the sun through the trees or the water, check out vehicle damage, or vehicle mounted weapons like the wraith when fired, drive a ghost look at the dashboard in Reach, look at the matchmaking menu and lobby then compare all this to H4. The graphics come across as washed out and lacking detail. A prime example would be Valhalla play that map in H3 then switch to H4 something just looks off as if its lacking any depth, detail or color.

It just feels as if 343 put as little effort into the campaign as possible, its all the little things that add up like when walking through the water in some areas I noticed the audio didnt sync with the graphics. The small details are what kills a game.....im more about campaign myself so if a game is lacking in campaign it kills the entire aspect for me. I have played matchmaking extensively since H2 however but I still enjoy the campaign more. H4 just didnt really bring anything new to the table sure there were different weapons but they are clones of weapons that were already in the game except now they are yellow.

Most of the complaints I have read are well spoken valid complaints which provide examples of why the game has failed. This is a huge group that is speaking out against H4. Halo feels like your every day FPS now minus a decent campaign, to me the final stage says it all about H4 total lack of effort on behalf of 343. Halo has always had a great sound track which 343 did a wonderful job remastering in CE but in H4 the music doesnt seem to flow with game play any more. The levels are small and highly repetitive filled with needless scenes like the Pelican Death Star attack come on now 343.

The Mantis was pretty nice but it felt like any one of the number of Mech game types that have been around forever. I had very high hopes when I saw the Mammoth.....I was thinking this will be great huge cannon giant wheels we are going to have a great time driving and destroying. But then you are ordered to get off and do just more of the same. All the Mammoth did was take you for a very short drive thats it. They could have added so much more to that stage but once again huge let down.

I feel like someone else worked on the first stage because although it played much like CE it was amazing MC was back in action weapons sounded good a pretty nice battle it was Halo.....Then I dont know what happened from that point? Even on Legendary the AI just didnt impress me Knights would often just stand there while I destroyed them with a light rifle. I honestly feel they just rushed this game out the door to get ahead of COD black ops.

Speaking of COD how can people not see it plays just like COD now in matchmaking? Weapon loadouts, instant spawns, players are free to come and go, kill streaks ordnance drop in H4 equals care package in COD.....I cant wait to get a really good kill streak going so I can call in a Pelican airstrike.

The DMR is so overpowered id almost say its a sniper im owning people all the way across the map....its so overpowered that you are forced to make it your primary as you will get owned if you carry anything else. Long, mid, close the DMR is insane.

I understand why so many new members are joining forums who dislike H4...as $60 is a lot of money for what 343 offered and they wish to express that.....now the post that strike me as odd are the new members with under 10 post all across the forums that are attacking valid threads who point out reasons why they feel H4 has failed to deliver with simple one line troll like comments. Is someone trying to do some damage control?