Told. You. So.

killerdude1635

A great campaign???? How so it was beyond short, a very weak AI, repetitive game play (run here activate, run there activate again and again, poor graphics, terrible final battle if you can even call it that.

How is that different from any past Halo games? Other than the boss battle, Halo 4 is not unlike past Halo games. All I remember was run here, push this, run back over here, do this, kill a few enemies along the way. It's the same thing. As far as the AI goes, it doesn't strike me as being any dumber than other games either.

Game ratings are a joke and are only used to help move the titles. Do a quick internet search and actual players are beyond upset with H4 and 343. Those are the ratings that actually matter H4 is being ripped apart across the internet and for good reason.

My point here is that I agree with the ratings and so do many other people. I'm just giving you my opinion. If you don't like the game, then you don't like the game. But don't go acting like you speak for the rest of us. Speak for yourself only. That is where we have a problem.

It seems as if i really stirred the pot, cause i'm seeing a lot of butt-hurt and denial. :clap:

How can it possibly be denial if we disagree with you? I've played and beaten the game. And I enjoyed it!

You can never trust the ratings of big-time critics, because most of the time, the companies "buy them out" to rate it higher then they should have. It's common marketing, because would you buy a game with a ****-all rating? No, not likely. How about a game with a high rating? Yes, more then likely.

See my above comment.

However, I do feel confident enough to trust the ratings on Amazon as they are customer ratings. So far, the minority dislikes it.

Most if not all my opinions are based on my personal experiances and what i've seen on the internet, and what i am left with is a big, 60$ disapointment.

Well, what do ya know! My experience differs from yours. Honestly, I don't give a **** about what they say on the internet. If I like the game, then what anyone else says has no real bearing on me. I just don't like it when someone tries to tell me I'm wrong, when obviously there is not right or wrong answer. If one person enjoys a video game, and another person doesn't, who is right? Neither of them. It's purely subjective.

To those saying it's the minority saying it sucks, check again.

So far, I've only seen a minority of people who dislike it.

How is that different from any past Halo games? Other than the boss battle, Halo 4 is not unlike past Halo games. All I remember was run here, push this, run back over here, do this, kill a few enemies along the way. It's the same thing. As far as the AI goes, it doesn't strike me as being any dumber than other games either.

The games AI was weak even on legendary, WAY WAY too short, stupid stages like the Death Star stage with the pelican or riding that huge vehicle both really served to add anything to the plot or game play. The last stage just killed it for me I kept getting ready for a huge battle as he was very powerful then guess what nothing but epic fail.

My point here is that I agree with the ratings and so do many other people. I'm just giving you my opinion. If you don't like the game, then you don't like the game. But don't go acting like you speak for the rest of us. Speak for yourself only. That is where we have a problem.

How can it possibly be denial if we disagree with you? I've played and beaten the game. And I enjoyed it!

See my above comment.

However, I do feel confident enough to trust the ratings on Amazon as they are customer ratings. So far, the minority dislikes it.

Well, what do ya know! My experience differs from yours. Honestly, I don't give a **** about what they say on the internet. If I like the game, then what anyone else says has no real bearing on me. I just don't like it when someone tries to tell me I'm wrong, when obviously there is not right or wrong answer. If one person enjoys a video game, and another person doesn't, who is right? Neither of them. It's purely subjective.

So far, I've only seen a minority of people who dislike it.

WHERE have you been the past 5 days? Are you just ignoring all the upset-ness on the Internet?

So far everywhere i go i see complaints about Halo 4, and i see VERY FEW positive things.

None of these are facts, just my observations, which means they're facts..

All things Halo 4 related have been nothing but bitching, complaining whining w/e. Obviously 343 has royally ****** up.

WHERE have you been the past 5 days? Are you just ignoring all the upset-ness on the Internet?

So far everywhere i go i see complaints about Halo 4, and i see VERY FEW positive things.

All things Halo 4 related have been nothing but bitching, complaining whining w/e. Obviously 343 has royally ****** up.

Main reason people are complaing is because of all the changes. They want the same rehashed s*** just like CoD. If Halo 4 had not made the changes it did, it would basically be a CoD strategy, keep everything make minor changes, switch some names around and slap on some new make up.

I really doubt people are as angry as they were when everyone played the ME 3 ending, that lasted long after the game came out.

Main reason people are complaing is because of all the changes. They want the same rehashed s*** just like CoD. If Halo 4 had not made the changes it did, it would basically be a CoD strategy, keep everything make minor changes, switch some names around and slap on some new make up.

I really doubt people are as angry as they were when everyone played the ME 3 ending, that lasted long after the game came out.

What about all the broken stuff, yep thats right, broken stuff. Currently A LOT of stuff is broken and is not working the way it should be. 343 should not be allowed to develop games if they're OK with releasing half-assed and unfinished stuff.

On top of all that, 343 removed the CORE aspects of halo, they no longer exist and it no longer plays like Halo.

Why?

Why i ask you?

Why would they butcher Halo like this?

What about all the broken stuff, yep thats right, broken stuff. Currently A LOT of stuff is broken and is not working the way it should be. 343 should not be allowed to develop games if they're OK with releasing half-assed and unfinished stuff.

On top of all that, 343 removed the CORE aspects of halo, they no longer exist and it no longer plays like Halo.

Why?

Why i ask you?

Why would they butcher Halo like this?

Isnt it obvious? They are looking at the long term they are aiming for the long term, which I think is a big mistake. They are releasing SWAT next week and True Skill is coming out in the next months. People want to see everything now. And you are right there are bugs. But that does not make this the worst Halo ever. They did not butcher Halo. Period.

• Like 1

Go look up Halo 4 on Amazon.com. Currently, there are a total of 178 reviews and 115 of those are 5 stars. I also just checked Metacritic. Out of 1122 user reviews, 632 are positive and 451 are negative. So overall, the majority reaction to this game has been positive.

If anything, Halo 4 has simply split the fanbase between those who were hoping that Halo would evolve under 343's care (myself included), and those who were hoping it would stay exactly the same.

• Like 2

You need to all calm down.

Can we at least all agree that the Game type customization need's fixing so we can bring back custom match play like we did in halo 3? That's what kept that game alive in the first place. We also need the classic matchmaking modes to come back.

What are you getting out of raging and only posting about " How bad this game is ?" Instead let's voice our opinions on what we think need's changing with a update.. These problems can be fixed y'know.

Go look up Halo 4 on Amazon.com. Currently, there are a total of 178 reviews and 115 of those are 5 stars. I also just checked Metacritic. Out of 1122 user reviews, 632 are positive and 451 are negative. So overall, the majority reaction to this game has been positive.

If anything, Halo 4 has simply split the fanbase between those who were hoping that Halo would evolve under 343's care (myself included), and those who were hoping it would stay exactly the same.

So you think by making the game like cod that it has somehow evolved? You can't bite off another game and call it evolution. I don't want all FPS games to be the same, but in the future it's looking like that's how it's going to be. "Evolve" this guy says... what a joke.

So you think by making the game like cod that it has somehow evolved? You can't bite off another game and call it evolution. I don't want all FPS games to be the same, but in the future it's looking like that's how it's going to be. "Evolve" this guy says... what a joke.

I used to be an avid CoD player until recently. I can tell you, Halo 4 has very little similarity to CoD.

So true. Loadouts, perks, and killstreaks are all original ideas thought up by the brilliant minds behind 343.

Just because Halo 4 and Reach use loadouts, perks, and killstreaks does not make them like CoD. The overall gameplay in Halo is MUCH different than CoD.

You know damn well somewhere right now Bungie is reading all of the actual reviews and laughing their a$$ off.

Just because Halo 4 and Reach use loadouts, perks, and killstreaks does not make them like CoD. The overall gameplay in Halo is MUCH different than CoD.

Your right players are still red and blue but I heard 343 has plans for that as well......come on now Halo is far more like COD now than what Halo has always been about.

I knew people would disagree, they can't accept it, it is literally impossible for YOU people to think this game could possibly suck. As i've said before, most of you kiss the asses of 343i.

So, I played the game and it sucked, HARD. A youtube comment i saw the other day pretty much sums up Halo 4.

"Halo 4 is the **** smear on the Halo franchise."

1. Terrible story (Was hoping it would be good..)

2. The so called balanced multiplayer turned out be one of the biggest fails ever.

3. They basically robbed us of any replayability by limiting our gametypes and options.. (R.I.P Random infection gametypes)

The only good things i can actually say about this game is the graphics look nice.

And anyone disagreeing with me, so be it, but can you explain why most of the internet is bitching about this game? Cause i don't see very many positive remarks about it..

PS: I came here for Halo, NOT Halo 4.

Easy. Most of the internet comes on the internet to ***** about things. For instance, YOUR first post here was bitching about the killcam. My first post on a Halo forum was about the BXR glitch. The majority of people who come onto forums do so because they want to complain about something or other. People who like the game play it instead of coming on the forum to explain every little detail that they like, because doing so would take away from their gaming time.

Also, you are full of crap about the whole "kissing 343i's asses" thing, as I've said before. What would be the point in that? You seem to be going on the assumption that everyone here is a fanboy, however everyone here (with very few exceptions) has posted at least ONE complaint post about Halo at one point in their time here. I myself have had at least three huge rants about the things I didn't like. Like when Bungie created multiple in-game glitches that they flat out refused to patch for about a year. Or when Bungie added maps to Halo Reach that allowed one team to spawn camp the other RIGHT OFF THE BAT! Or maybe that one time that Bungie completely said "Screw it" to all of the Halo books that I read multiple times and paid money for so that I could get the whole story because they didn't want to do Halo anymore. So yeah, when 343i does that I'll call them out on it too.

Another thing, you seem to think that your opinion is fact. However, I see quite a few people on my friends list playing Halo 4 everytime I get on X-Box. Bear in mind, I met most of the people on my friends list either in real life, or in BF3. Most of the people I met in Halo games have long since faded out of my friends list. When there are 47 out of 50 people online on my friends list alone playing Halo 4, that makes me think it's a pretty good game. Not to mention that I don't have any major complaints about it except some random lag here and there that's more than likely my fault, and that Legendary is harder than I ever remember it being in the campaign.

I grow very tired of posts like this. Of bloody course it didn't meet your expectations. You were expecting a remake of Halo 2 or Halo 3, which not even Bungie would do. Every couple of years it's the same thing over and over again. "This isn't Halo because it's not Halo CE or Halo 2! Wahhhhh" Of course NOW it's "This isn't Halo because it's not Halo 2 or Halo 3! Wahhhhh" My how the times have changed. Want a full list of the things that people have complained about over the decade or so that Halo has been out?

Halo CE: X-Box didn't have online multiplayer and it wasn't realistic.

Halo 2: Glitches and the game felt unfinished, rocket launcher was OP because it could lock on to any vehicle in the game.

Halo 3: Equipment changed the game around a ton, and the maps have glitches in them that people can exploit for cheap wins, derankers/boosters, vehicles were OP because the rocket launcher was too slow.

Halo 3 ODST: The only multiplayer is firefight, and the games missions bug out sometimes.

Halo Wars: RTS isn't Halo, the gameplay is long, drawn out, and boring. Scarabs are OP. The multiplayer takes a long time to find a match.

Halo Reach: Armor Lock is OP, the game broke canon, head-hiding glitch, sword block, jet packs being OP, evade being OP, armor abilities changed the flow of the game, the vehicles suck, didn't like the story, etc.

Halo 4: Didn't like the story, server issues, thruster pack is useless, active camo is OP, Promethean Vision is OP, "feels too much like CoD, even though CoD feels a lot like EVERY OTHER FPS ON THE FRIGGIN MARKET!", graphics aren't as good as they can be, etc.

The only thing that has changed, really changed, is the number of people with access to forums. More people = more complaints about a larger variety of things. Honestly, after 10 years of seeing posts like this one, the only real thing that bothers me is that instead of posting on someone else's thread everyone thinks that they have a new and original thing to complain about and creates another post, resulting in the burying of posts that actually matter from people who actually want to enjoy the game but can't because they need help with technical issues. So yeah, congrats, you told me that you could find something to complain about. Quite the accomplishment.

• Like 3

Easy. Most of the internet comes on the internet to ***** about things. For instance, YOUR first post here was bitching about the killcam. My first post on a Halo forum was about the BXR glitch. The majority of people who come onto forums do so because they want to complain about something or other. People who like the game play it instead of coming on the forum to explain every little detail that they like, because doing so would take away from their gaming time.

Also, you are full of crap about the whole "kissing 343i's asses" thing, as I've said before. What would be the point in that? You seem to be going on the assumption that everyone here is a fanboy, however everyone here (with very few exceptions) has posted at least ONE complaint post about Halo at one point in their time here. I myself have had at least three huge rants about the things I didn't like. Like when Bungie created multiple in-game glitches that they flat out refused to patch for about a year. Or when Bungie added maps to Halo Reach that allowed one team to spawn camp the other RIGHT OFF THE BAT! Or maybe that one time that Bungie completely said "Screw it" to all of the Halo books that I read multiple times and paid money for so that I could get the whole story because they didn't want to do Halo anymore. So yeah, when 343i does that I'll call them out on it too.

Another thing, you seem to think that your opinion is fact. However, I see quite a few people on my friends list playing Halo 4 everytime I get on X-Box. Bear in mind, I met most of the people on my friends list either in real life, or in BF3. Most of the people I met in Halo games have long since faded out of my friends list. When there are 47 out of 50 people online on my friends list alone playing Halo 4, that makes me think it's a pretty good game. Not to mention that I don't have any major complaints about it except some random lag here and there that's more than likely my fault, and that Legendary is harder than I ever remember it being in the campaign.

I grow very tired of posts like this. Of bloody course it didn't meet your expectations. You were expecting a remake of Halo 2 or Halo 3, which not even Bungie would do. Every couple of years it's the same thing over and over again. "This isn't Halo because it's not Halo CE or Halo 2! Wahhhhh" Of course NOW it's "This isn't Halo because it's not Halo 2 or Halo 3! Wahhhhh" My how the times have changed. Want a full list of the things that people have complained about over the decade or so that Halo has been out?

Halo CE: X-Box didn't have online multiplayer and it wasn't realistic.

Halo 2: Glitches and the game felt unfinished, rocket launcher was OP because it could lock on to any vehicle in the game.

Halo 3: Equipment changed the game around a ton, and the maps have glitches in them that people can exploit for cheap wins, derankers/boosters, vehicles were OP because the rocket launcher was too slow.

Halo 3 ODST: The only multiplayer is firefight, and the games missions bug out sometimes.

Halo Wars: RTS isn't Halo, the gameplay is long, drawn out, and boring. Scarabs are OP. The multiplayer takes a long time to find a match.

Halo Reach: Armor Lock is OP, the game broke canon, head-hiding glitch, sword block, jet packs being OP, evade being OP, armor abilities changed the flow of the game, the vehicles suck, didn't like the story, etc.

Halo 4: Didn't like the story, server issues, thruster pack is useless, active camo is OP, Promethean Vision is OP, "feels too much like CoD, even though CoD feels a lot like EVERY OTHER FPS ON THE FRIGGIN MARKET!", graphics aren't as good as they can be, etc.

The only thing that has changed, really changed, is the number of people with access to forums. More people = more complaints about a larger variety of things. Honestly, after 10 years of seeing posts like this one, the only real thing that bothers me is that instead of posting on someone else's thread everyone thinks that they have a new and original thing to complain about and creates another post, resulting in the burying of posts that actually matter from people who actually want to enjoy the game but can't because they need help with technical issues. So yeah, congrats, you told me that you could find something to complain about. Quite the accomplishment.

So if I read in between the lines correctly here, you think halo 4 feels a lot like EVERY OTHER FPS ON THE FRIGGIN MARKET!

Just because 343 tricked 3 million people into buying H4 does not make it a good game. Selling millions of copies seems great at first but take a look around the internet almost every single last thread or post on H4 is someone who is pissed off or dislikes the game. Now factor in how many bought the game 343 just made an insane amount of people highly pissed who might never buy another game produced under them....I am one of those. Now am I still playing H4 yes......now you might ask why if I dislike it so much.....its simply I just spent almost $100 on this game after you add in that stupid map pass, so yes im going to try my hardest to get my monies worth out of the game.

Just because 343 tricked 3 million people into buying H4 does not make it a good game. Selling millions of copies seems great at first but take a look around the internet almost every single last thread or post on H4 is someone who is pissed off or dislikes the game. Now factor in how many bought the game 343 just made an insane amount of people highly pissed who might never buy another game produced under them....I am one of those. Now am I still playing H4 yes......now you might ask why if I dislike it so much.....its simply I just spent almost $100 on this game after you add in that stupid map pass, so yes im going to try my hardest to get my monies worth out of the game.

How do they trick you? Did they hide everything and not show you gameplay beforehand? Saying they tricked you into buying the game is ridiculous now if you are talking about buying the LE that is a different matter.

How do they trick you? Did they hide everything and not show you gameplay beforehand? Saying they tricked you into buying the game is ridiculous now if you are talking about buying the LE that is a different matter.

They hyped up H4 to an insane degree then take into account CE remake they did a wonderful job with that but H4 was an epic failure. Having played the CE remake I couldnt wait to see what 343 had to offer with H4 sadly I wish I would have waited. Honestly after H4 I dont see 343 lasting much longer.

You guys are saying that its not a good game and we're all stupid for liking it. Well how about you just shut up? You have no right to say what I think is good is bad. It's your opinion and I respect that, but respect mine and stop bitching. I came onto this forum wanting to talk about the story of Halo and and how excited I was for Halo 4. I thought that after the game came out that I would be able to talk about how great it was with you guys. But all I've been seeing on these forums are a bunch of people complaining. Just stop. We don't care. Killerdude,because of you trying to shove the idea of Halo 4 being a bad game, you have just all respect from me. Not for what you believe, but for how your treating it. This thread is useless. You voice your opinions, but stop trying to change ours.

• Like 2

You guys are saying that its not a good game and we're all stupid for liking it. Well how about you just shut up? You have no right to say what I think is good is bad. It's your opinion and I respect that, but respect mine and stop bitching. I came onto this forum wanting to talk about the story of Halo and and how excited I was for Halo 4. I thought that after the game came out that I would be able to talk about how great it was with you guys. But all I've been seeing on these forums are a bunch of people complaining. Just stop. We don't care. Killerdude,because of you trying to shove the idea of Halo 4 being a bad game, you have just all respect from me. Not for what you believe, but for how your treating it. This thread is useless. You voice your opinions, but stop trying to change ours.

Ok if its such a great game please give some examples why? I can give you a list of reasons it has failed. Come on lets be honest you actually enjoyed the so called final battle......with run here activate that then run there activate that once again run there activate that......all for nothing as the final battle was the largest fail in the entire game.

They hyped up H4 to an insane degree then take into account CE remake they did a wonderful job with that but H4 was an epic failure. Having played the CE remake I couldnt wait to see what 343 had to offer with H4 sadly I wish I would have waited. Honestly after H4 I dont see 343 lasting much longer.

Overhyped it. They overhyped it. I beg to differ. It was different and it was new. Every game is hyped.

They also released gameplay footage several times. Sure, they didn't spoil the campaign in their videos. But, goodness did they show us a LOT of multiplayer. Their videos are what made me want to play Halo 4. And I'm glad I did. So far, I enjoyed every aspect of it other than Spartan Ops and the boss fight.

Spartan Ops is the largest load of crap I've seen in Halo yet. Wish they would have kept Firefight. But, hey, beggars can't be choosers.

Ok if its such a great game please give some examples why?

What I like:

1. The epic story

2. Gameplay

3. Graphics

4. Enemies

5. Weapons

6. War Games (especially Slayer Pro)
  7. Feels Fresh and not the same **** on a different day

What I don't like:

1. Spartan Ops

2. Final Boss Fight

3. Wish they would have fleshed out Lasky's character a bit better. I mean, seriously, they made an entire series around Lasky and yet he feels as if he adds nothing to the game or story.

They also released gameplay footage several times. Sure, they didn't spoil the campaign in their videos. But, goodness did they show us a LOT of multiplayer. Their videos are what made me want to play Halo 4. And I'm glad I did. So far, I enjoyed every aspect of it other than Spartan Ops and the boss fight.

Spartan Ops is the largest load of crap I've seen in Halo yet. Wish they would have kept Firefight. But, hey, beggars can't be choosers.

What I like:

1. The epic story

2. Gameplay

3. Graphics

4. Enemies

5. Weapons

6. War Games (especially Slayer Pro)
  7. Feels Fresh and not the same **** on a different day

What I don't like:

1. Spartan Ops

2. Final Boss Fight

3. Wish they would have fleshed out Lasky's character a bit better. I mean, seriously, they made an entire series around Lasky and yet he feels as if he adds nothing to the game or story.

I personally felt like the AI was worse than Reach even on legendary the Knights would just stand there as I hit them with a light rifle. The cut scenes were great but in game graphics were lacking to me examples would be vehicle damage the dash on a ghost in Reach showed an image of what was in front of you but in H4 its just a purple screen. The graphics look good from a distance until you get up close.

Agree 100% with spartan ops what a waste the game is over in under 3 minutes almost. I just feel as if they rushed the game to get out ahead of COD black ops 2.