The Way Things Were...(Customization and the Past)

Gargok

All this new personalization stuff is awesome and all that if you actually like playing as Spartans. I was absolutely enraged after finding out Elites weren't playable in any game type (so far) in Halo 4. After all of us elite players were let down even by the ridiculous limitations shoved upon us by Reach, I was really looking forward to that being amended for in 4. My brother always stayed to the U.N.S.C. side of things, and I the Covenant (yes we have our roles agreed upon, gladly I may add, to eliminate arguments, like me gunning on the Warthog and him driving, and etc.). Even going so far as to me becoming the designated 2nd player so I could start with the Covenant weaponry as the Arbiter. Yes I am fully aware that Master Chief, being a Spartan, entitles the game to be gravitated around them, but I also think that there should be a bit of freedom of customization, rather than piddling in the emblem screen for an hour. Yes you Spartan-players can say, "But look at all the armor and stuff!!!" yet what interest do Covenant players have in that? Congratulations on your helmet for beating legendary, but quite frankly that's an absolutely worthless piece of equipment, in my opinion, that I would never see if I had the option to play with my preferences, where's my Elite one? Now that's a worthy trophy to earn. And also a separate piece of armor instead of selecting an entire set and color scheme and that being the end of that. Really fair compared all the different color patterns and wearing two different types of shoulders AND a different helmet (sarcasm). We just want our Elites back, on the plane of playability like in Halo 3 with the customizability of Halo 4 Spartans. Loadouts, as good as these can be in terms of weapon choice, do not compensate...and on a less serious note...HALP US 343!!!!!!!! T.T

They didn't include Elites in War Games because War Games is supposed to be canon-fitting training for the Spartan 4's, otherwise, I'd bet that they'd have included them.

I'm an Elite kind of guy as well, but I don't think the level of customization you want is either worth time making, or very canon. Spartans, like today's elite fighting groups, can hand pick their equipment, and armor, based on the situation, allowing them access to various customization. Elites don't really do that, and wear the armor of their rank, and probably don't make any customizations to it. And in the end, since over %60-70 percent of Halo players would continue playing as a Spartan, it would probably be just investing too much time into something that would only cater to a small majority of Halo fans.