I call Shennanigans

batcommander

This Halo (Halo 4) is 1/3 Halo 3, 1/3 Halo: Reach (aka how to get revenge on Microsoft and have them pay you for it) and 1/3 Call of Duty. I only like the first 1/3 of this equation. I love CoD. But not in my Halo, which I love more. If you have no sense of humor, please discontinue reading.

1) I dislike spawning into a game that I am losing and have no chance of winning. This was never a facet of Halo. It is, however, a mainstay of the CoD Franchise. There is no benefit to staying in a game where you are losing or outnumbered in Halo 4. There is no deterrent to leaving. You gain NO extra xp for being a gamer with self-respect. Just like in CoD. Also I have begun more games down a man in Halo 4 than in all of my previous Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo: Reach games combined, in just the first four days since its release. It's like they paid Infinity Ward (not Treyarch, those boys know how to make a game) for their MW2 matchmaking formulas.

2) I dislike the ease of which you die in this Halo with the DMR (it appears even more so than in Reach) and overall. Halo (prior to Reach) was all about skill, individual battles and balance with the conventional weapons. In Call of Duty you can kill quickly when you spot someone on the map, well before they have time to respond. This seems to be the way that they are bringing it in line with the CoD engine. Every time I kill someone unfairly with the incineration thingamajigger, I'm sure Cortana dies a little inside.

3) The vehicles are not easy to kill. On a map with vehicles, there is not a plethora of weapons to destroy them with. I have stuck the Ghost twice in succession and not killed it or the driver. Usually there is just one rather clunky Spartan Laser to fight over. And they spawn too many times in a game. I've had the Wraith 3 times in a game.

4) If I wanted to play a game where I had lag/connection/matchmaking issues, I'd play Call of Duty.

5) If I wanted to play a game where I died repeatedly on my spawn or spawned in the crosshairs of the enemy team, I can just pop in Call of Duty. Seriously the spawns seem to have been generated by monkeys flinging their own poop on a large copy of the map. They can't actually claim any intelligence went into the spawning can they? My impression of the only meeting they had discussing it went as follows:

"That spawn makes no sense and it stinks in here. He's..."

"Silence! The monkey poop has spoken."

6) The sniper Rifle stays zoomed in even if hit. This leads me to my closing statement. The people who made this game were NOT Halo fans, at least not before Reach. They either were CoD fans, or were trying to get people who buy CoD to buy this game. There is no point in buying future Halo games unless you loved Reach (WHO ARE YOU? Seriously who liked halo 2 and 3 and then Reach? If you liked it then you are at the 'Gump Line'). If you love CoD and want to play a futuristic Call of Duty, then this is your game BLOPS2 will be out soon. So get your brooms out, it is time for Shennanigans.

1) it was in Halo PC. So it was, end of argument.

2) if you kill someone quickly it is either by, a. Surprise, or b. skill.

3) vehicles are easy as hell to destroy, I take banshees down with ease, same with hogs. And that's only with a DMR.

4) the laggy connection is your problem. Get better Internet.

5) the spawns are about the best for any halo, especially better than Reach's and 3's. again, deal with it.

6) you get knocked around a lot when scoped and shot. Balanced. Also, some of 343 is former Bungie employees.

7) stop your complaints, they mean nothing to anyone, and leave if you don't like the game.

• Like 1

1) it was in Halo PC. So it was, end of argument.

2) if you kill someone quickly it is either by, a. Surprise, or b. skill.

3) vehicles are easy as hell to destroy, I take banshees down with ease, same with hogs. And that's only with a DMR.

4) the laggy connection is your problem. Get better Internet.

5) the spawns are about the best for any halo, especially better than Reach's and 3's. again, deal with it.

6) you get knocked around a lot when scoped and shot. Balanced. Also, some of 343 is former Bungie employees.

7) stop your complaints, they mean nothing to anyone, and leave if you don't like the game.

1.The Join in session should not exist, it was like that in halo pc? so what does that have to do with console gaming, the reason games have empty spots 60% of the time are because the enemy team is crushing and people leave, who wants to join a game they are losing, i have joined about twelve games in sessions so far over about 18 hours of play and each time i am join a losing team, this is not a necessary addition to the game, i never wanted this in my halo's it was never a problem in previous halos

6. if you get hit while scoped in it should take you out of scope, when using a DMR and getting hit i have no trouble maintaining my aim, there is no reason to stay scoped in while taking damage, it just encourages boring precision weapon game play

1.The Join in session should not exist, it was like that in halo pc? so what does that have to do with console gaming, the reason games have empty spots 60% of the time are because the enemy team is crushing and people leave, who wants to join a game they are losing, i have joined about twelve games in sessions so far over about 18 hours of play and each time i am join a losing team, this is not a necessary addition to the game, i never wanted this in my halo's it was never a problem in previous halos

6. if you get hit while scoped in it should take you out of scope, when using a DMR and getting hit i have no trouble maintaining my aim, there is no reason to stay scoped in while taking damage, it just encourages boring precision weapon game play

1) So if you were on a team being smashed, you would appreciate being helped? Or even your team being aided, selfish if you think otherwise for the second point.

6) while I don't totally like it, it doesn't break the game, nor puts it down to such a level of crappiness. And to the OP's point, you aren't a true Halo fan if you don't accept the games for what they are. You don't have to like them, but at least have respect for those who do, and who made it.

1) So if you were on a team being smashed, you would appreciate being helped? Or even your team being aided, selfish if you think otherwise for the second point.

6) while I don't totally like it, it doesn't break the game, nor puts it down to such a level of crappiness. And to the OP's point, you aren't a true Halo fan if you don't accept the games for what they are. You don't have to like them, but at least have respect for those who do, and who made it.

1. I do not want to join games where i am losing where is the fun in picking up the slack on something i have nothing to do with, i want to join games that are fresh and i that give me the option to lose, i do not want to join games where i have to right from the start make up already lost ground which is difficult to do in halo

6.Yes of course have respect, but you should also be given the right to critique and gripe over somethings in the game that trouble you, i respect the game and its developers, but this is not Halo anymore, it is something else

1) what about the others who you join with, extra helps means something because you actually have a little of a chance to win, and not be crushed.

6) I was meaning that last bit at the OP. but since you said it, it's still Halo. It hasn't changed to a TPS or RPG. No, it's still our scifi FPS game.

1) what about the others who you join with, extra helps means something because you actually have a little of a chance to win, and not be crushed.

6) I was meaning that last bit at the OP. but since you said it, it's still Halo. It hasn't changed to a TPS or RPG. No, it's still our scifi FPS game.

1. The others are not my problem, i was in situations hundreds of times in halo3/haloreach where i was a man or multiple men down, i would finish the game and not complain, it sucks but it never happened to me frequently so i did not mind, but now i have the chance everytime i join a game to be put into a losing situation, this bothers me, if this becomes a frequent occurrence i will be to frustrated to play

6.This isnt Halo anymore, their is core gameplay that defines a game, this gameplay was established in halo2/3, it created a understanding of Halo multiplayer tactics, Reach branched off in a whole new directions and now halo 4 has gone in an even further directions, Team Slayer is not longer about offensive map control in order to get the power weapons, it is now about Holding a defensive position and getting long ranged kills with the DMRs, and after a few kill you get a ordinance drop and BOOM your defensive boring gameplay has been rewarded with some form of power whether it be a sniper or overshield, the game puts on the mask of a halo game, but no longer plays like one, it has the name Halo, but no longer has the character

Halo had amazing story, Halo 2 had amazing Multiplayer, Halo 3 had amazing custom games, Halo Reach had amazing Forge, and Halo 4 has a little bit of all of these. I own, and have beaten all of these multiple times, and I love them all dearly. Sure you may have the issue of joining in late, but I distinctly remember the ****-storm that surrounded people not being able to join mid-game in the first place. As well as this my go to load-out is

Storm Rifle

Boltshot

Plasma Grenades

Shields

Reload Time

I rock it as MVP in about 75% of Slayer games, and I'm rank 25. So, If you don't like 343i's 'first' legitimate game, don't play it.

Halo had amazing story, Halo 2 had amazing Multiplayer, Halo 3 had amazing custom games, Halo Reach had amazing Forge, and Halo 4 has a little bit of all of these. I own, and have beaten all of these multiple times, and I love them all dearly. Sure you may have the issue of joining in late, but I distinctly remember the ****-storm that surrounded people not being able to join mid-game in the first place. As well as this my go to load-out is

Storm Rifle

Boltshot

Plasma Grenades

Shields

Reload Time

I rock it as MVP in about 75% of Slayer games, and I'm rank 25. So, my suggestion to you is to stop being butt hurt, stop being a terrible player, and stop ****-storming at 343i. If you don't like 343i's 'first' legitimate game, don't play it. They're not f*cking Bungie, and they can do what they want with the game. If you don't like it, that's too flipping bad, because I'm sure they will survive with the millions of other people who have purchased the game. You're only stating information that about 50 other butt hurt people on the forums keep saying.

you cant tell people to stop being butthurt, stop being terrible and expected to be taken seriously, if you want to contribute to a forum post how about just providing a respect viewpoint without resorting to flaming the poster, and telling people to leave Halo 4 because they are making suggestions to 343 is childish, if people do not critique a game then how will anyone know something is wrong

• Like 1

1. The others are not my problem, i was in situations hundreds of times in halo3/haloreach where i was a man or multiple men down, i would finish the game and not complain, it sucks but it never happened to me frequently so i did not mind, but now i have the chance everytime i join a game to be put into a losing situation, this bothers me, if this becomes a frequent occurrence i will be to frustrated to play

6.This isnt Halo anymore, their is core gameplay that defines a game, this gameplay was established in halo2/3, it created a understanding of Halo multiplayer tactics, Reach branched off in a whole new directions and now halo 4 has gone in an even further directions, Team Slayer is not longer about offensive map control in order to get the power weapons, it is now about Holding a defensive position and getting long ranged kills with the DMRs, and after a few kill you get a ordinance drop and BOOM your defensive boring gameplay has been rewarded with some form of power whether it be a sniper or overshield, the game puts on the mask of a halo game, but no longer plays like one, it has the name Halo, but no longer has the character

1) well I envy you, in Reach I was always losing team mates, and lost because of them. Not matter if I get 20-30 kills. I couldn't live up to the oppositions mass. This reintroduction of allowing people to help me is so damn welcomed by me.

6) no wrong, Halo CE set it up. And Team Player in your mind is that, not for everyone else, people have their own ways of playing and thinking how it should work. As for me, I lone wolf, that be in BTB, normal Slayer or CTF. (Excluding FFA here) and I kill efficiently. I get some of the highest, if not the highest kill score/ point score on my team and/or the match. So team play can change, depends on the people.

I agree with most everything batcommander said, and would like to add: 1) end of argument? seriously you obviously don't know what your talking about. 2) I agree with you there. 3) yes most are fairly easy to take down, but I would LOVE to see you take a mantis down with a friggin DMR! 4) The laggy connection is not my problem! I have a great connection! I intentionally purchased a router that could handle over a dozen computers all streaming hd movies all while I'm playing CoD or Halo, just to eliminate the possibility that it's my connection! When you get into a game that has other people that are either cheating or just have crap for internet then yes it can make you lag!!!! 5) Agreed 6) ...whatever 7) Get your facts straight before you go bashing someone else's opinion! Which btw, was prefaced with "If you have no sense of humor, please discontinue reading." I'm not sure about the bat guy, but I still love the game. The campaign alone will keep me coming back every time. Best story in a game to date, and they need to make a friggin movie out of it and quit playin' with the youtube stuff!! I loved it, but kept imagining what it would be like if it had a movie's budget... I digress...I do feel that the matchmaking is completely unfair in how it makes the teams. I spent the better part of the night playing games with kids that were either way below my level or way above, and many of the matches weren't even balanced teams!!! That is very reminiscent of CoD. Spending an entire game hoping that the CoD gods will bless you with at least one more player some time during the match. So in short, if you can do something about improving the game or inform someone who can then do it! Otherwise put the Cheetos down, pull the stick out of your a$$ and let the guy vent. And yes his complaints do mean something to a lot of people! You should hear the way people talk in between games!!

1) well I envy you, in Reach I was always losing team mates, and lost because of them. Not matter if I get 20-30 kills. I couldn't live up to the oppositions mass. This reintroduction of allowing people to help me is so damn welcomed by me.

6) no wrong, Halo CE set it up. And Team Player in your mind is that, not for everyone else, people have their own ways of playing and thinking how it should work. As for me, I lone wolf, that be in BTB, normal Slayer or CTF. (Excluding FFA here) and I kill efficiently. I get some of the highest, if not the highest kill score/ point score on my team and/or the match. So team play can change, depends on the people.

1.Ok well this is a matter opinion, not a huge deal, they could at least give me an option to not want to join session in progress,

6.Halo CE did not set up the groundwork for how multiplayer should be, halo 2 on xbox live did, there were way more people playing that and way more people creating playstyles and strategies that carried over to halo 3, lone wolf tactics should not be acceptable in halo, but now in halo 4 they are due to how weak player's health is compared to weapon damage, in halo2/3 sure you could lone wolf if you had a power weapon for a bit, but generally if you tried to go solo you would end up either dying or getting a single kill then being cleaned up by an enemy.

1.Ok well this is a matter opinion, not a huge deal, they could at least give me an option to not want to join session in progress,

6.Halo CE did not set up the groundwork for how multiplayer should be, halo 2 on xbox live did, there were way more people playing that and way more people creating playstyles and strategies that carried over to halo 3, lone wolf tactics should not be acceptable in halo, but now in halo 4 they are due to how weak player's health is compared to weapon damage, in halo2/3 sure you could lone wolf if you had a power weapon for a bit, but generally if you tried to go solo you would end up either dying or getting a single kill then being cleaned up by an enemy.

1) or have like two big playlists sections. One join in progress and the other not, in those have the playlists we have now.

6) CE did set it up. Remember LAN parties? They had big tactics. Not compared to 2 as you said though.

Lone wolfing only works if the player is good enough. I am good enough to roll by myself and decimated other teams, while having teammates, they generally get in my way in my goal. With the exception of other lone wolves who know what others are doing.

1) or have like two big playlists sections. One join in progress and the other not, in those have the playlists we have now.

6) CE did set it up. Remember LAN parties? They had big tactics. Not compared to 2 as you said though.

Lone wolfing only works if the player is good enough. I am good enough to roll by myself and decimated other teams, while having teammates, they generally get in my way in my goal. With the exception of other lone wolves who know what others are doing.

6. You cannot compare LAN parties to online multiplayer, online multiplayer had was more players and way more involvement, that gameplay and tactics of halo2/3 were what standardized halo multiplayer, and the developers should discourage lone wolfing by increasing players survivability, if firefights last longer than teamates can provide support and make fights more interesting, instead of what i am getting from halo 4 at the moment which is constant DMR/BR showdowns that last like 4 seconds than a player is dead, is is boring and getting old extremely quick

6. You cannot compare LAN parties to online multiplayer, online multiplayer had was more players and way more involvement, that gameplay and tactics of halo2/3 were what standardized halo multiplayer, and the developers should discourage lone wolfing by increasing players survivability, if firefights last longer than teamates can provide support and make fights more interesting, instead of what i am getting from halo 4 at the moment which is constant DMR/BR showdowns that last like 4 seconds than a player is dead, is is boring and getting old extremely quick

6) well I've had many firefights. For example, I played a match which I got a perfection on, the ENTIRE match apart from the first 20-30 seconds was a firefight. My team was at our base, the opposition up the hill on Longbow, pinning us down very well. Thus firefights exist.

6) well I've had many firefights. For example, I played a match which I got a perfection on, the ENTIRE match apart from the first 20-30 seconds was a firefight. My team was at our base, the opposition up the hill on Longbow, pinning us down very well. Thus firefights exist.

i have many firefights too, thats not my point, my point is each firefight is just a DMR fest that results in either a quick death or falling back to regain shield, i do not want my entire halo 4 career to be DMR fighting and so far that is what it has been

Well. I've played firefights with people using all sorts of weapons, that be snipers, light rifles, warthogs, splazers, BR's and of course DMR's. So you must be unlucky or something. Like extremely unlucky. And I play in Infinity BTB. So I dunno not you do the same?

I personally think that all FPS Halo games have been great. What we need to think about is the mind set of the people making these games. Is it all for cash? or are they dedicated to only receiving pay for putting out great games? I say that there intention is to put out awesome amazing games, and they've done just that. Many people will say Reach was terrible, and even I found myself saying that at some points, but when I really think about it all FPS Halo games have been really skillful and competetive. People are mad about Jet packs and armor lock, but what they really don't understand is the real reason they're mad; losing. Blaming jetpackers and armorlockers for owning you is nothing but excuses for losing. Halo Reach was different, and that wasn't a bad thing; true halo fans adapted and took on a new style of gameplay. Think about the skill involved for a second: having to time your shots, 5 shots instead of 4, escaping aerial attacks. I have to admit I'm a little tired of reach and am glad that Halo 4 is out, but halo 4 wouldn't of been as good as it is if it wasn't for Reach.

To all yall reading: If you don't like Halo 4 right now, it's because you haven't got beat down enough in it yet to adapt to the new style of play. I'll tell you right now, if you want to be better than average you got to do a few things: Sneak more(I don't mean camp, I mean be hidden while you scout out your enemy), look around more than you move around, use sprint to get to safe places, or when under fire, not carelessly (you'll end up running into bad situations). Pay attention to your teammates and where they are, it will help you narrow down where the opposing team is. Follow your teamates, and look for opportunities to team shot. Abuse your radar when you have it, and have escape routes in mind when you get overrun. Create your own hotspots where you have good exit points. Avoid open areas unless you are positive they are clear. Strategize a bit with teammates, switch in and out, always take the assist and sheild recharge over a death.

I should really be making a form for noobs about this but it applies to all Halo gamers. If you disagree with these points that's fine, but I'm positive they work. You know you are playing Halo when everyone in the game is playing like this. You will destroy newbs, and you will have very competitive games with pros.

• Like 1