DMR too strong

NeroTheCorgi

Ahhh yes now we are on the same page. What is happening is there is NO bloom in this game. Don't believe me? go grab your BR and DMR and spam them as fast as you can into a wall. what happens???? well you will see the reticle will "bloom" out but every single bullet will hit the same point... so halo 5 has FAKE bloom. This means someone can spam you as fast as they can from anywhere and you die allot faster.

I have been saying this for days now but it seems im fighting a loosing battle because people that played halo 3 are unhappy :( with bloom because they cant spam their guns.

I don't believe the problem is damage, it is just simply the accuracy without bloom.

yes i guess the damage is not the issue, the issue is soley on the lack of bloom, 343 has given the players the ability to auto fire thier weapons with no recoil, leading to over precise shooting which is completely boring and is just turning into a spamfest

Ahhh yes now we are on the same page. What is happening is there is NO bloom in this game. Don't believe me? go grab your BR and DMR and spam them as fast as you can into a wall. what happens???? well you will see the reticle will "bloom" out but every single bullet will hit the same point... so halo 5 has FAKE bloom. This means someone can spam you as fast as they can from anywhere and you die allot faster.

I have been saying this for days now but it seems im fighting a loosing battle because people that played halo 3 are unhappy :( with bloom because they cant spam their guns.

I don't believe the problem is damage, it is just simply the accuracy without bloom.

For a 4SK weapon, in order to actually truely balance it, is to make it have a lot of bloom, we don't need another CE magnum...

For a 4SK weapon, in order to actually truely balance it, is to make it have a lot of bloom, we don't need another CE magnum...

I have no problem with adding bloom to the DMR i thought that was one of the best features of reach.

I know allot of people complained about it and said it was inaccurate and added an element of luck and i guess it did a little but that was only when you spammed it.

The benefits of it were it could not be spammed and it gave players an extra skill to develop if they wanted to be good and effective with that weapon.

So bring it back it feels like we are going backwards without it.

• Like 1

yes i guess the damage is not the issue, the issue is soley on the lack of bloom, 343 has given the players the ability to auto fire thier weapons with no recoil, leading to over precise shooting which is completely boring and is just turning into a spamfest

It's funny, really. Release day/rest of reach's lifespan: "BLOOM SUCKS GET IT OUT OF OUR GAME YOU FOOLS. CATERING TO NOOBS THAT CANT AIM AND JUST SPAM IN CLOSE RANGE"

Halo 4: ^ pretty much everything there except close range is now long range and get out bloom is get in bloom.

Whatever happened to adapting and learning game mechanics rather than ask settings to be handed to you on a silver platter? You're not even a casual gamer at that point. You're a child that had his ball taken away from him.

I maintained a near 2.0 k/d with the addition of bloom and my usual hyper aggressive playstyle in reach.

I'm currently near a 2.0 k/d in halo 4 at the moment without it as well.

Simply put, learn how to use your weapons and adapt rather than sticking to your old beliefs and running balls deep into every situation thinking your old methods will work 100% of the time.

• Like 3

It's funny, really. Release day/rest of reach's lifespan: "BLOOM SUCKS GET IT OUT OF OUR GAME YOU FOOLS. CATERING TO NOOBS THAT CANT AIM AND JUST SPAM IN CLOSE RANGE"

Halo 4: ^ pretty much everything there except close range is now long range and get out bloom is get in bloom.

Whatever happened to adapting and learning game mechanics rather than ask settings to be handed to you on a silver platter? You're not even a casual gamer at that point. You're a child that had his ball taken away from him.

I maintained a near 2.0 k/d with the addition of bloom and my usual hyper aggressive playstyle in reach.

I'm currently near a 2.0 k/d in halo 4 at the moment without it as well.

Simply put, learn how to use your weapons and adapt rather than sticking to your old beliefs and running balls deep into every situation thinking your old methods will work 100% of the time.

This guy here... Does truth serum run in your veins or what?

Waa waa waa is all im seeing, If you dont like getting killed by a type of weapon make it harder for them to hit you, dont rush use cover and time your chances to advance.Shouldnt be to hard for you if you are a "vet".

Look out! the HALO "Vets" have come out to play.......... :awesome:

This guy here... Does truth serum run in your veins or what?

Not one drop. Just a nice deductive ability called common sense which seems to be lost with a select majority.

=p

Look out! the HALO "Vets" have come out to play.......... :awesome:

What the hell are you getting at? Just stop...

• Like 1

You don't have to be a vet to know what murf said is true. The only person here claiming to be a vet is necro and the things he says strike me as very inexperienced with the Halo games. You mockery was poorly done. It was bad and you should feel bad.

Hold on a sec ill check if i feel bad........... wait no i don't..... and do you know why that is look how murf started his sentence.. hmmm it seems he is being a little judgmental to some people that are just offering friendly suggestions to what they think would make the game better... but it appears i am the bad guy right?

I find myself not enjoying the mutliplayer of this game very much and the main reason is DMR. The gun is too strong and leads to quick unenjoyable combat. DMR fights are usually 2 people side stepping going shot for shot until 1 of them gets 4 hits to the head in a row, it is very dull doing this every couple of minutes. Another issue with the DMR is how easily a single person can pick a player off across the map. Half of my deaths in Big Team Infitity slayer involve me being gunned down across the map by 1 or 2 players with the DMR which is very frustrating. I realize the game has only been out for a couple of days and changes will be made. I would enjoy seeing more playlist that involve no prescion weapons at spawn and that encourage greater close quarters combat. The DMR could use a slight damage reduction as well or just be taken out as a starting weapon choice, the BR should really be the only prescion weapon at start.

If you think the DMR is OP then you should use the boltshot... Im loving it :troll:

Hold on a sec ill check if i feel bad........... wait no i don't..... and do you know why that is look how murf started his sentence.. hmmm it seems he is being a little judgmental to some people that are just offering friendly suggestions to what they think would make the game better... but it appears i am the bad guy right?

The point is, you mocked him without any basis. He gave insight on a future strategy for you. Move when it is safe, not in front of enemy crossfire. Simple.

dont rush use cover and time your chances to advance.

Feeling bad was a quote I hoped for somebody to catch. You obviously didnt but that is A-ok. Yes, friendly suggestions. I have some friendly suggestions that are likely up your and necro's allys. The sniper should shoot marshmallows. It should take 27 marshmallows to kill, headshots of course. 37 to the body. This way I can run around in BTB like a dufus and not have to worry about getting sniped. Also the mantis needs to have the rockets taken away. Instead it should shoot dildos, preferably floppy ones. 10 headshots to kill, unless you get shot in the ass. Then it only takes 3. This is so I can be free to do as I please on Ragnarok without fear of somebody using something to their advantage against me.

I literally LoL'd

I find myself not enjoying the mutliplayer of this game very much and the main reason is DMR. The gun is too strong and leads to quick unenjoyable combat. DMR fights are usually 2 people side stepping going shot for shot until 1 of them gets 4 hits to the head in a row

This is how halo has allmost always been is who can stay on target the longest...

Feeling bad was a quote I hoped for somebody to catch. You obviously didnt but that is A-ok. Yes, friendly suggestions. I have some friendly suggestions that are likely up your and necro's allys. The sniper should shoot marshmallows. It should take 27 marshmallows to kill, headshots of course. 37 to the body. This way I can run around in BTB like a dufus and not have to worry about getting sniped. Also the mantis needs to have the rockets taken away. Instead it should shoot dildos, preferably floppy ones. 10 headshots to kill, unless you get shot in the ass. Then it only takes 3. This is so I can be free to do as I please on Ragnarok without fear of somebody using something to their advantage against me.

Oh you funny....

The point is, you mocked him without any basis. He gave insight on a future strategy for you. Move when it is safe, not in front of enemy crossfire. Simple.

I literally LoL'd

Also i never said i had any problem adapting to this play style.(might get on my high horse like

Pr0larbear

and state i have a 2 point KD in both games) what is there to change well nothing really i have to just spam the trigger as hard as i can, because apparently that takes skill ;P

So what do you guys actually think would be better to have bloom or to leave it the way it is????

I do think the DMR is slightly (and i do mean slightly) OP, and here is why, assuming max skill, the effectiveness of the DMR has no major limitation. assuming max skill, close range encounters are in the bag virtually teh same as long range encounters.

meanswhile assault weapons lose effectiveness the longer they hold the trigger and the farther they get away from the target

BR has range limitations (tho some argue not enough)

DMR has no range limitation, long or close, and no penalty for holding down the trigger for fast firerate. it suffers no damage penalty at any range, and no accuracy penalty for any range/fire rate. its essentiallyt he perfect precision weapon.

All im asking is for a flaw in the DMR. A penalty to accuracy for fast shooting would make the most sense unless someone could come up with something better.

• Like 1

Oh you funny....

Also i never said i had any problem adapting to this play style.(might get on my high horse like

Pr0larbear

and state i have a 2 point KD in both games) what is there to change well nothing really i have to just spam the trigger as hard as i can, because apparently that takes skill ;P

So what do you guys actually think would be better to have bloom or to leave it the way it is????

Just spam the trigger as hard as you can... Well that may work if you're playing a bunch of kids with down-syndrome.

But no, sorry, the ability to maintain a k/d in that sense over a long period of time means you dont play like an idiot and charge in 100% of the time. Maintaining it requires good decision making.

Personally i think a 2.0k/d is achievable by every single person. Play smart, shields are there to give you a fighting chance and reaction time, not encourage you to rambo 1v4 every game.

I do think the DMR is slightly (and i do mean slightly) OP, and here is why, assuming max skill, the effectiveness of the DMR has no major limitation. assuming max skill, close range encounters are in the bag virtually teh same as long range encounters.

meanswhile assault weapons lose effectiveness the longer they hold the trigger and the farther they get away from the target

BR has range limitations (tho some argue not enough)

DMR has no range limitation, long or close, and no penalty for holding down the trigger for fast firerate. it suffers no damage penalty at any range, and no accuracy penalty for any range/fire rate. its essentiallyt he perfect precision weapon.

All im asking is for a flaw in the DMR. A penalty to accuracy for fast shooting would make the most sense unless someone could come up with something better.

In medium range, DMR and BR are equally matched, personally i dont see the BR losing anything over long range either but that's my experience with it. Any change applied to the DMR will have to be applied to the BR and also the LRs zoomed in firing mode.

Close range, a BR is greater chance of success than the DMR. The BR has burst where the DMR does not. This allows for more recoverable errors in accuracy. If you miss once with the DMR that is 100% of the damage scource from that shot.

If you miss entirely with the BR then the same applies, though it is easier to maintain damage on target with the BR because you have the spread of 3 bullets to follow your crosshair as you move it. Miss one bullet of the burst? Its only 33% damage less than the full burst.

2? thats 66%. one bullet hit and you're still 33% more damage applied to your enemy than 0% from a missed DMR shot.

So i suggest people learn to aim.

One miss from a DMR is fatal, you can miss 2/3rds of your shot from a BR and still come out on top.

On the argument of assault weapons... No just flat out no, assume both people of equal skill can keep their shots trained on each other throughout the firefight then the AR and SAW will always beat our your DMR, BR, and LR from medium range to close, the SAW in my opinion is a little too accurate for the type of gun it is.

I've full auto sprayed people too easily from what should be ineffective range for an assault weapon and beat out someone with a rifle of some sort.

this thread went to **** pretty quick, glad this community lacks the ability to stay on topic like some hyperactive kid with ADHD, im not complaining about the AR, the AR is fine in this game, i am complaining about the DMR, it is too accurate and too powerful, that goes for the BR and light-rifle as well, these guns are changing the gameplay into something that is simple and boring, halo 4 in its current state in a precision weapon spamfest in almost every playlist, fightfires literally come down to whoever misses first i guess instance death for a single miss is fun now, this gameplay is over competitive im not logging on to halo 4 to prove how skilled i was, im not trying to get a sick K/D, im trying to have fun and this longrange shot for shot instant death gameplay is far from fun

you can go ahead and leave this thread, you are posting useless information and are not contributing

They should add some bloom or reduce the DMR's damage a bit because it is a sniper without the recoil. The BR is fine as it is it should not be nerfed. DMR is good at all ranges.

if you nerf the DMR and not the BR, then BR will be to strong, just add bloom to all these weapons so players cant spam and problem solved, forcing players to control their shots is not too much to ask for