Multiplayer Playlist Update Coming Next Week

Slenderman

Halo 4 for the Xbox 360 was only released just this week and 343 Industries announced Friday a playlist update coming next week.

While Halo: Reach enjoyed monthly playlist updates, 343 Industries plans weekly updates for Halo 4.

"We will maintain a static set of playlists and feature one or two “rotational” playlists on top of that," community manager Jessica Shea wrote on Halo Waypoint. "We will be monitoring trends and statistics closely so we can react accordingly to your preferences and likes. For instance, if one of our rotational playlists consistently holds a higher population than one of our static playlists, we will consider swapping them out based on player demand. The process will be fluid and based on numbers, and we’re extremely excited about the benefits of our new approach."

So what is coming with the first playlist update? SWAT with some changes to both weapon damage and the HUD. Players will be equipped with Battle Rifles, DMRs and Magnums, have no shield or radar tracking, and will not be able to use ordnance drops in this game mode.

Here is how 343 Industries tweaked the three weapons for SWAT.

• DMR – 3 bullets to the chest, 1 bullet to the head
  • Magnum – 3 bullets to the chest, 1 bullet to the head
  • BR – 7 bullets to the chest (this gun shoots three bullets in a burst, so the first bullet of the third burst will kill the player), 1 bullet to the head

Here are the maps that will be available in the SWAT playlist.

• Haven
  • Adrift
  • Complex
  • Abandon
  • Solace

Source: http://www.examiner.com/article/first-halo-4-multiplayer-playlist-update-coming-next-week-with-swat

• Like 3

SkummGumm you don't get it. With this approach they have a 'mob mentality' and that means whatever the little kids are in is going to be treated as what 'we all want'. How on Earth can you have only one 8 v 8 playtype. So now Halo is just a 5 v 5 for Objective... Except Dominion, which I find really wears people out and causes a lot of yelling... and it's just 6 v 6.

343i could seriously ground this franchise by pretending f---ing 8 v 8 wasn't established as "STANDARD but SIGNIFICANTLY LESS PLAYERS THAN PC" back in 2007. Now we are pretending that 5 v 5 is Big Team. Someone drive down to 343i and march around with a sign that says "Respect the damn fans".

• Like 1

great they are finally adding SWAT something that should have already been in the game since launch, along with FFA, and we are suppose to get excited about this why? fix the servers, fix not getting knocked out of zoom when shot and fix the playlist(SWAT & FFA should have already been in since launch)

great they are finally adding SWAT something that should have already been in the game since launch, along with FFA, and we are suppose to get excited about this why? fix the servers, fix not getting knocked out of zoom when shot and fix the playlist(SWAT & FFA should have already been in since launch)

first off bro, back in Halo 2 SWAT was a temporary playlist. it wasn't released right away, neither was it for Halo 3 or Reach. All Halo Games have started off with just the core game-types right after launch. secondly getting shot while zoomed isn't broken, they made it that way on purpose. now in stead of un-zooming you stay zoomed and you flinch so now you have to compensate for it. Thirdly FFA is in the Game, its called Regicide. very fun and interesting because the lead can change at any moment. Really keeps you on your toes. Fourthly I have personally not had any server issues at all. 343 Made Halo 4 Extremely Competitive, perhaps a little too much so for many people. The game has changed. For the Better IMO. If they did everything a lot of people wanted it would end up being like CoD where every "New" multiplayer is just the same one as before with a new coat of paint. 343 innovated by combining an old system with a new one and did a very good job of it.

SkummGumm you don't get it. With this approach they have a 'mob mentality' and that means whatever the little kids are in is going to be treated as what 'we all want'. How on Earth can you have only one 8 v 8 playtype. So now Halo is just a 5 v 5 for Objective... Except Dominion, which I find really wears people out and causes a lot of yelling... and it's just 6 v 6.

343i could seriously ground this franchise by pretending f---ing 8 v 8 wasn't established as "STANDARD but SIGNIFICANTLY LESS PLAYERS THAN PC" back in 2007. Now we are pretending that 5 v 5 is Big Team. Someone drive down to 343i and march around with a sign that says "Respect the damn fans".

Just because the playlists aren't perfect on launch does not mean they aren't catering to fans. They are rolling out playlists just like every other Halo has. But they cant do everything like every other Halo cause then its just the same experience over and over again, And as a long time Halo fan, (since CE) like yourself I'm sure, i do NOT want the same game, i expect them to innovate.....And they most certainly have.

• 4 weeks later...