Predictions for Halo 5 & 6 campaigns... (SPOILERS)

rocketlawnchair

86 members have voted

1. 1. Will Cortana be back, or is she gone for good?

• Sorry bro, she's gone for good
    • She'll be back in Halo 5
    • She'll be back in Halo 6

Predictions... lets see...

Halo 5...

1: Didact isn't dead, he just got composed into a higher grade of promethian.

2: The Didact now begins to carry out his vendetta against the humans but also the elite faction that fought with the humans..

3: In the beggining of the campaign Sanghellios' (Elite Homeworld) is destroyed by the Didact.

4: The Arbiter goes into full Berserker mode and Begins another Aliance with the humans.

5: while hunting the Didact Master Chief and The arbiter stumble upon one of the halo instalations that hasn't been found yet, and find a gravemind far larger than any of the previously known graveminds.

6: Midway through the campaign. The Promethians, The flood, and the Human/Sanghelli alliance get in one big ****storm of a fight, and we will take on more flood in this level than previously thought possible.

7: after our victory the Gravemind will impart some knowledge to us before it tries to kill the Didact itself, it will fail and the Didact will escape.

8: All of the ships en route to said instalation will be destroyed... stranding any elite/human forces there to fend for themselves... this will be like a survival level, untill the UNSC Infinity arrives all nice and refurbished.

9: We will return to earth to see in Entirely Destroyed by the Didact, there will be a longbow pilot level where we need to fight off the Didacts forces to assure the Lifeboats escape safely.

10: in the finaly level of halo 5 Master chief will finally meet up with Dr. Halsey, She will be giving him instructions through the final level like Cortana did previously, They will end up fighting the Didact and Didact will show chief that he has possession of Cortanas remaining fragments and is basicaly holding her prisoner.

11: Arbiter is going to get tossed around by Didact prety good, Chief is going to go into rage mode and pull some real Spartan **** out and fight Didact to a draw, and somehow take some of cortana's fragments back. Dr Halsey will ReCalibrate the fragments back into the real Cortana...

This will conclude halo 5.

Halo 6...

1: The planet Reach Becomes the new Home Planet for Humanity aswell as a base for the allied forces.

2: We Will start seeing some friendly old faces rejoining the Fight, Kelly, Fred, Linda, and Jun.. These Spartans will be fighting alongside Chief in a manner simular to games like Odst and Halo Reach... We Will finally see Master Chief act like an actual squad member, or maybe even Squad Leader.

3: The Spartan IVs Will be fighting alongside the elites as blood brothers, both factions being both hell bent on revenge and Survival.

4: at some point in halo 6 We will meet an even Larger Gravemind than the one i predict will be in Halo 5, It will reveal that the fllood is actually a corrupted form of the Species that held the "Mantle" Prior to the forerunners, The Precursers.

5: In order for the Mantle to be passed on yet again to the Humans, This gravemind will agree to an Alliance with the Human/elites. (Bear in mind that after the flood infection becomes substantial enough to develop a gravemind, it becomes a hive mind that has an intelegence.. and it believes that the odds of survival are much better if it acts accordingly.)

6: The other covenant races (Brutes, Drones, Grunts, Engineers, Jackals, Hunters, and even Prophets) Will also join this alliance.

7: The Didact will find some entirely knew species to enslave as soldiers, They will have their own class of weapons and will be even more difficult to kill than the Promethians...

8: Everything is going to hit the fan all at once on one of the instalations midway through the game, which is where we will see the longest halo level to date, which envolves going around to support our alliance on the massive ass battlefield... The entire ring is going to be one big Hellish war...

9: The didact will escape to again attack the homeworld of his most hated species, the humans, while the battle continues on, Master Chief, Cortana, Arbiter, Sarah Palmer, The new leader of the Brutes, and a force of about 500-1000 ODST's, and Elites will follow the Didact to Reach..

10: We will see the Characters from Halo ODST Among these ODST's, most of the force sent after didact will die..

11: The Arbiter and the Chief will take on the Didact for a final time, The master Chief's DNA has now been extremely upgraded by the forerunner DNA Given to him by the librarian..

13: This fight will take place in a ship to ship battle just outside the orbit of reach... While the forces hold off the remaining Promethians Chief, Arbiter and Cortana Proceed to follow the Didact, The Didact will be found using some ancient forerunner device to destroy reach... Cortana will be left in charge of finding a way to stop that device while arbiter and chief go to take on the Didact.

14: Master Chief will be wielding a new prototype Weapon, Arbiter will finally take a Hint from his past arbiters and Duel wield Energy swords. Intense fighting insues but Master Chief and Arbiter begin to lose..

15: Chief Sacrifices himself and Jumps off the Ship with Didact and enters Orbit with him in a final attempt to kill him... He Basically Suceeds in wounding the Didact heavily... Chief is killed in the Process... His helmet falls of and Bounces/Rolls over to another helmet, The helmet left behind by noble 6 after the events of halo reach.

16: Cortana will see this, and remember something the chief said in the earlyer halo's, and use the forerunner artifact to transpose her Digital inteligence and Halseys DNA Into a Living Being.. Still being extremely Loyal to Master Chief for all the time they have spent together, She takes on the Job of Becoming the New Spartan 117... also the first spartan of a new class, The Spartan V That don't require an AI Because they are already part AI...

17: The Helmet of Master Chief and The Arbiter are Found and are put in a massive memorial to show what they have done for all humanity, He is acknowleged as the great hero of the universe... The armour pieces of the other Hero's are also put on display like Nobles 1-6, The ODST team, and many more. After Admiring the Shrine to all of the fallen hero's Cortana-117 and The new arbiter, Who is the former Shipmaster from halo 2 and 3 walk away from the memorial and into the next fight.

What? you said PredictionS not PredictioN... These are ALL My PredictionS.

I absolutely love the idea of chiefs helmet rolling next to six's, but I'm not the biggest fan if Cortana becoming human. And if chief already fell in orbit once and survived, wouldn't it be more likely that the Didact, a promethean, could too?

Who was that spartan-II that stayed behind to defend the bomb then?

That was Sam, one of chiefs only friends.

A disturbance on Sanghelios has been found and the Chief along with other Spartans are going to assist. Ipon arrival they find that the Prometheans are just making a mess of the place. After two levels there you find the Arbiter only to have him be killed by the Didact. (Rest of game here)

Oh sweet baby Jesus that would be great.

And the end of Halo 6 will be Chief and Didact somehow discovering a precursor thing and activate it. It then calls in a precursor armada from another galaxy. Eventually Chief kills the Didact. Humans and precursors clear things up, and then some grandmaster precursor congratulates humanity and gives them the mantle of responsibility (which is a physical object the whole time *plot twist*) and it is happy times for them.

The "preview" for Halo Silentium basically proves that there are two Didacts. Didact (Ur), the one from H4 was the original but that leaves the other unaccounted for. Considering the preview coming from Silentium it appears there is also an unaccounted for evil coming our way which I believe will be something left (or possibly being) by the Precursors (possibly the flood, though I doubt it).

As far as Chiefs next AI companion. At the end of Halo Primordium the remnants of Guilty Spark is now looking for the Librarian whom he believes is very much alive. This will play a part in the game and I do believe Chakas will become the next AI of Chief. This will take a good amount of story to back it up as last time we saw Spark he was mad, killed Johnson, etc.

For those who have read the books (Forerunner saga), Halo 4 was outstanding in its delivery of facts we learned from the books and everything in between. I love(d) Halo 4 because of this (but again, I read the books which I recommend for those who have not as the game will make much more sense).

So we have some underlying questions coming.

1) The issue that will arise from two Didacts. One of which hates humans, and the other who cares for them.

2) Where is the Master Builder? He holds more authority than even the Didact and Librarian in Forerunner culture so he (Faber) will play a major role. Further, he is a major player in Mendicant Bias' orders and so on and he "supposedly" killed the original Didact which the preview of Silentium invalidates.

3) Guilty Spark (Chakas). What will his role be?

4) Elites vs Storm - My opinion is the Arbiter will come back but how? I feel their homeworld will come under attack by the Storm faction which will ultimately bring he and the MC back together in some form. Will the Shipmaster return too?

5) Librarian? She claims to be "all that is left" to the MC in H4 but Chakas/Spark seems to think she is very much alive.

6) Installation 3. Since we were introduced to it, will we be going there?

7) Geas. The Librarian insinuates that the MC is a culmination of years of geas planning. Considering that and the H4 terminals, AND the books what will we learn about MC. Is he a direct geas line of the Lord of Admirals, etc? My opinion is that he is. I say this because the Librarian claims the greatest enemy ever to face the Forerunners is "you". Now it can be inferred she means humans (which would be incorrect as the Flood would ultimately be the greatest enemy to the Forerunners) but Didact also states (book and terminal) that the Lord of Admirals is his "greatest enemy". We know that Chakas had the geas of the Lord of Admirals but we will see how this plays out.

8) Precursors. Silentium makes claim that there is a far greater threat awaiting out there than even the Didact. One can assume the only remaining possibilities are either the Precursors of the Flood.

I recommend people reading the books if they have not. They are really good (and I am not much of a reader, they just are outstanding).

It's just how i would like to see it, to be honest its not all that likely. There is no doubt that halo 6 will have somewhat of an open ending and 343 stated they want Chief to have a Heroic death... Someone will take over for chief after this and to me it might aswell be a human cortana.

Also It's true chief survived entering earth... so something extra would have to be added to take the didact out.. or maybe Since reach is larger than earth the fall would be Harder/longer/faster... Idk but i would like that better than a fight like the one against the lightbulb at the end of halo 3 or Slapping the prophet of regret to death in the middle of halo 2...

Also the whereabouts of Jun are currently unknown... So somehow i suspect he will make a comeback in a future game.

She'll definitely be back in the next game.

There's no way 343 would kill off the 2nd most important character, hell, actually the main character in some ways. Let alone in the first game of their new trilogy.

There are so many easy ways for her to come back with how Halo 4 concluded. Most of all, 343 spent a large amount of time rendering her and working on the intimate relationship between her and the Chief. That relationship was one of the main aspects of this trilogy for them. I just don't see them completely killing off this idea in the first game.

They worked so far to humanize Chief and build this relationship specifically for this new trilogy, only for her to die in the first game?

Not a chance.

The game does state in the description for the Epilogue that Cortana is dead.....

By all accounts it appears she died and there is no reason for 343 to say "or did she...?"

They want the player to think that so it can be a pleasantly surprising event in the next game to reunite with her once again.

There's just no way 343 will work that hard to build up that intimate relationship dynamic between Chief and Cortana for only one game in the trilogy, and then she's gone. Cortana completes Chief, Chief completes Cortana.

• 2 weeks later...

My prediction for Halo 5's Campaign will be that, Since it is going to be a more "Darker" story, Chief slowly looses sight on reality and begins to hear Cortana's voice inside his head even though she is not in there anymore. The voice might be helpful or angry (i.e. "Why did you leave me behind?" or "You didn't keep your promise!"). Possibly after hearing this voice and it driving him insane maybe he starts to see the UNSC as an enemy or Hallucinates them being enemies at some point. My prediction for Halo 6's campaign, if the before prediction is true, is that the UNSC are trying to kill Chief. I know these predictions are out there... But think about it. Cortana has been with Chief since Halo 1. A bond was obviously present and it wouldn't be un-normal if chief developed some sort of inner voice-like Cortana.

• 3 weeks later...

I see it happening like this; the chief finds out that Requiem is where the "Domain", if not one of multiple domains, exist.

He'll read something that gives stark perspective on the wars outcome.

Something about Forthencho, on a terminal, and then blissfully ignore the message about an untapped Flood form that transcends gravemind capability using AI data.

Chief rescues the remaining Fragments of Cortana and puts her on a damaged system (see where I'm going...), only to find out....

"Hey something's not right here.... Huh"

One of those surreal "I accidentally the thing go" moments.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to see the Arbiter back and what would be most awesome thing is that in Halo 5 on one of the missions when you are MC and you complete it the cutscene will be he opens a big door and then he will see a big shadow and when it comes out you will see that Arbiter has saved Cortana and now the three of them join and fight and Arbiter has got his own army

• 4 months later...

I have a theory. Okay, so from what I have read, forerunners had been able to make fully sentient AI. Right? So what if Cortana came back recreated as a forerunner or something along the lines of a sentient AI. That would technically mean that she would be  immortal (to a degree). And fixed of the rampancy issue.

What if when the Didact appears again, cortana is with him, but he has corupputed her, just like what he did with the promethenes

sorry if someone has already said this, reading through all of the comments was to much work

agreed

• 3 months later...

Here are three plot ideas I believe are credible for Halo 5/6

1. Cortana:  The Librarian alluded to how the Forerunners attempted to bridge the organic and the digital realms through the composer.  Although this clearly didn't work in accordance with their original intention of securing flood immunity for themselves, Cortana will most likely have survived in this digital realm and also will no longer be rampant.

2. Linda, Fred, and Kelly:  These characters deserve to be in Halo 5.  They have endured the entirety of the Human-Covenant War and each character has a depth that will contribute significantly to the plot.  Besides, Master Chief after suffering the loss of Cortana also deserves to reunite with his childhood friends.  Playing certain missions as part of a team (as the original Spartans were intended to do) would also be a lot of fun.

3.  The Return of the Pre-Cursors (non-flood form):  The Librarian wanted the Ur-Didact to see the error of his ways and help humanity attain the mantle.  I believe after realizing that all the other Forerunners have perished and with the advent of an extra-galactic Pre-cursor invasion that humanity will along with the Ur-Didact take the leadership role in uniting the races of the galaxy against the Pre-cursor threat.  This would actualize the Librarian's desire for humanity to inherit the mantle from the Forerunners.

I know there's been a few threads on this already, but here goes...

Do you think that Cortana is going to be back, or have we seen the last of her? To be honest, I'm just not that interested in playing a Halo game featuring the Chief but without Cortana. To me, their dynamic is a huge part of what made Halo what it is. Taking that away permanently would make me feel as if 343 was just pasting the Halo universe over top of a generic lone super-soldier story. Thoughts?

Also, vote in the poll, por favor.

I'm with you, but I think that they need to be smart with this one and make Chief the mysterious guy again, not the guy who all of a sudden talks every five seconds. His quietness is what made him to awesome and bad ass to play as! And they took that away from us with Halo 4.

• 4 weeks later...