Predictions for Halo 5 & 6 campaigns... (SPOILERS)

rocketlawnchair

86 members have voted

1. 1. Will Cortana be back, or is she gone for good?

• Sorry bro, she's gone for good
    • She'll be back in Halo 5
    • She'll be back in Halo 6

I know there's been a few threads on this already, but here goes...

Do you think that Cortana is going to be back, or have we seen the last of her? To be honest, I'm just not that interested in playing a Halo game featuring the Chief but without Cortana. To me, their dynamic is a huge part of what made Halo what it is. Taking that away permanently would make me feel as if 343 was just pasting the Halo universe over top of a generic lone super-soldier story. Thoughts?

Also, vote in the poll, por favor.

• Like 6

I know there's been a few threads on this already, but here goes...

Do you think that Cortana is going to be back, or have we seen the last of her? To be honest, I'm just not that interested in playing a Halo game featuring the Chief but without Cortana. To me, their dynamic is a huge part of what made Halo what it is. Taking that away permanently would make me feel as if 343 was just pasting the Halo universe over top of a generic lone super-soldier story. Thoughts?

Also, vote in the poll, por favor.

She'll be back in the game no problem , but not as she was before , she'll be in the forerunner system or have become some super AI , or something like that , I can see the chief going lone wolf in the next game (halo5) since its suppose to be a dark game , but I doubt they will remove her completely ,

Im afraid that 343 will do something silly with the lore like have more stupid space magic in the game, it broke me to see cortana "die" but I'm sure she'll be back , wheather she will be the same that is the question

I was thinking that they maybe pair him with another A.I. for Halo 5 (since they said it would be much darker). Chief would probably be depressed the entire game...and towards the very end, Chief locates the Librarian and extracts remnants of Cortana's complex to reinstall her.

This would leave the cliffhanger until Halo 6.

• Like 1

I was thinking that they maybe pair him with another A.I. for Halo 5 (since they said it would be much darker). Chief would probably be depressed the entire game...and towards the very end, Chief locates the Librarian and extracts remnants of Cortana's complex to reinstall her.

This would leave the cliffhanger until Halo 6.

Exactly what i was thinking. It's probably going to be a major part of one of the next two Halo games which is why i don't understand why so many people are pissed off. You all want games where something unexpected happens. We got it. They seemingly got rid of a main character, but they also left room to get her back. She never technically died. All we know is that she didn't return to earth with him.

Exactly what i was thinking. It's probably going to be a major part of one of the next two Halo games which is why i don't understand why so many people are pissed off. You all want games where something unexpected happens. We got it. They seemingly got rid of a main character, but they also left room to get her back. She never technically died. All we know is that she didn't return to earth with him.

The game does state in the description for the Epilogue that Cortana is dead.....

The game does state in the description for the Epilogue that Cortana is dead.....

Yeah I saw that yesterday and almost crapped out a brick. It says something like "Chief must move on after the death of Cortana." My hope is that they said that in the description because he thinks she's dead, regardless of whether or not she actually is.

OP, couldn't agree with you more. If halo is now sans Cortana it will feel wrong and I think that will be reflected in sales for the game.

But let's be patient, keep in mind that after halo 2 the fate of Cortana was anyone's guess. It could well be that much or all of halo 5 will revolve around locating and saving Cortana. 343 isn't stupid, and they must know how essential the Cortana/Chief dynamic is. I doubt they'll risk killing her off for good but time will tell.

Actually, I think the one of the two worst things they could do at this point would be a "Halo Trek 3/5 : The Search for Cortona" sequal. Would just sully one of the few readiming qualities of Halo 4'

s main campaign, the Chief/Cortona story arc. (Again, before you flame me, Halo 4 is a good-great game in absolute terms, just it's main campaign is middling as a Halo game, beyond the above stated)

The other would be the seemingly inevitable Master Chief vs. Spartan IV's story arc-but that is another topic entirely.

IF cortana has to go there's only one way to make up for it: The MC finds one or some of the few remaining spartan-IIs that are still alive out there somewhere. I doubt cortana is gone for good though as there are several sound theories (for the halo universe) to how she could still exist. I'm hoping by halo 6 the MC has both cortana and some other spartans-IIs on his side. After reading all the books (besides the forerunner series and the two books that take place after halo 3/4), I don't see how they could ignore these last few spartan-IIs.

RANT: I would also like to point out that i didnt like the halo reach game. Why? Because there were hundreds of spartan-IIs, like the MC himself, putting up a losing fight on reach too. Instead, bungie decided to tell the story of the spartan-IIIs that don't even compare. The reach book was even rereleased with some extra pages for the spartan-IIIs AFTER the game came out. Simply, a much better story could have been told in the Halo Reach campaign. /rant

Cortana is much too popular with fans and far too integral to Halo for 343i to kill her off permanently.

I expect her back no later than halfway through Halo 5. I also expect later episodes of Spartan Ops to give some clues that she is still out there.

I also expect the Didact to come back. They didn't show him die. They just showed him fall into a portal. He's far too cool of a villain and 343i has put too much effort into his back story with the books to just kill him off in the first of their "Reclaimer" trilogy. We heard his voice after the credits and his words speak of reclaiming. Those piles of ash show that he accomplished at least part of his task and now has an army. He'll be back and Cortana will come with him.

Her final scene was very open-ended. She said most of her was "down there" and that she held some back to save the Chief. She didn't say that she was going to die. It seemed more like she had no way to return than no way to live.

I was so certain that she'd be back I didn't consider the ending any sadder than Halo 2's farewell. But this time it seemed like Cortana was the one leaving the Chief behind instead of the other way around.

• Like 1

i think she is dead and next campain will be about chief and arbiter fighting maybe the didact if he isnt dead and i dont think he is. and chief gets a new AI but they dont get along because chief feels nothing will replace cortana butby the end of halo 5 they will have become friends and chief will move on past cortana that my theory.

Worst case scenario, an alternate Cortana is created. Those who read the books know that TWO cloned Halsey brains were able to be turned into AIs, but Cortana's was the only one used. Best case scenario, the spare brain could be fried to complete a partial AI matrix that the old Cortana could latch onto.

Also, the Diadact is NOT dead. Prometheans are prepared to survive ANYTHING! Technically, we fought Bornstellar from Halo: Cryptum, rather than the true Diadact. For all we know, the TRUE Diadact could be very much an AI enemy, since that is what his war sphinxes were- the last 6 hours of the person's mind in operation.

For all we know, Cortana could eventually figure out forerunner tech such that she could extend her life, and even create a corpeal body for herself (A.K.A., one of the Promethean knights/monitor "lightbulb"- 5 points for anyone who gets this Halo reference... big hint: he was an Orion/Spartan I survivor)

• Like 1

Predictions... lets see...

Halo 5...

1: Didact isn't dead, he just got composed into a higher grade of promethian.

2: The Didact now begins to carry out his vendetta against the humans but also the elite faction that fought with the humans..

3: In the beggining of the campaign Sanghellios' (Elite Homeworld) is destroyed by the Didact.

4: The Arbiter goes into full Berserker mode and Begins another Aliance with the humans.

5: while hunting the Didact Master Chief and The arbiter stumble upon one of the halo instalations that hasn't been found yet, and find a gravemind far larger than any of the previously known graveminds.

6: Midway through the campaign. The Promethians, The flood, and the Human/Sanghelli alliance get in one big ****storm of a fight, and we will take on more flood in this level than previously thought possible.

7: after our victory the Gravemind will impart some knowledge to us before it tries to kill the Didact itself, it will fail and the Didact will escape.

8: All of the ships en route to said instalation will be destroyed... stranding any elite/human forces there to fend for themselves... this will be like a survival level, untill the UNSC Infinity arrives all nice and refurbished.

9: We will return to earth to see in Entirely Destroyed by the Didact, there will be a longbow pilot level where we need to fight off the Didacts forces to assure the Lifeboats escape safely.

10: in the finaly level of halo 5 Master chief will finally meet up with Dr. Halsey, She will be giving him instructions through the final level like Cortana did previously, They will end up fighting the Didact and Didact will show chief that he has possession of Cortanas remaining fragments and is basicaly holding her prisoner.

11: Arbiter is going to get tossed around by Didact prety good, Chief is going to go into rage mode and pull some real Spartan **** out and fight Didact to a draw, and somehow take some of cortana's fragments back. Dr Halsey will ReCalibrate the fragments back into the real Cortana...

This will conclude halo 5.

Halo 6...

1: The planet Reach Becomes the new Home Planet for Humanity aswell as a base for the allied forces.

2: We Will start seeing some friendly old faces rejoining the Fight, Kelly, Fred, Linda, and Jun.. These Spartans will be fighting alongside Chief in a manner simular to games like Odst and Halo Reach... We Will finally see Master Chief act like an actual squad member, or maybe even Squad Leader.

3: The Spartan IVs Will be fighting alongside the elites as blood brothers, both factions being both hell bent on revenge and Survival.

4: at some point in halo 6 We will meet an even Larger Gravemind than the one i predict will be in Halo 5, It will reveal that the fllood is actually a corrupted form of the Species that held the "Mantle" Prior to the forerunners, The Precursers.

5: In order for the Mantle to be passed on yet again to the Humans, This gravemind will agree to an Alliance with the Human/elites. (Bear in mind that after the flood infection becomes substantial enough to develop a gravemind, it becomes a hive mind that has an intelegence.. and it believes that the odds of survival are much better if it acts accordingly.)

6: The other covenant races (Brutes, Drones, Grunts, Engineers, Jackals, Hunters, and even Prophets) Will also join this alliance.

7: The Didact will find some entirely knew species to enslave as soldiers, They will have their own class of weapons and will be even more difficult to kill than the Promethians...

8: Everything is going to hit the fan all at once on one of the instalations midway through the game, which is where we will see the longest halo level to date, which envolves going around to support our alliance on the massive ass battlefield... The entire ring is going to be one big Hellish war...

9: The didact will escape to again attack the homeworld of his most hated species, the humans, while the battle continues on, Master Chief, Cortana, Arbiter, Sarah Palmer, The new leader of the Brutes, and a force of about 500-1000 ODST's, and Elites will follow the Didact to Reach..

10: We will see the Characters from Halo ODST Among these ODST's, most of the force sent after didact will die..

11: The Arbiter and the Chief will take on the Didact for a final time, The master Chief's DNA has now been extremely upgraded by the forerunner DNA Given to him by the librarian..

13: This fight will take place in a ship to ship battle just outside the orbit of reach... While the forces hold off the remaining Promethians Chief, Arbiter and Cortana Proceed to follow the Didact, The Didact will be found using some ancient forerunner device to destroy reach... Cortana will be left in charge of finding a way to stop that device while arbiter and chief go to take on the Didact.

14: Master Chief will be wielding a new prototype Weapon, Arbiter will finally take a Hint from his past arbiters and Duel wield Energy swords. Intense fighting insues but Master Chief and Arbiter begin to lose..

15: Chief Sacrifices himself and Jumps off the Ship with Didact and enters Orbit with him in a final attempt to kill him... He Basically Suceeds in wounding the Didact heavily... Chief is killed in the Process... His helmet falls of and Bounces/Rolls over to another helmet, The helmet left behind by noble 6 after the events of halo reach.

16: Cortana will see this, and remember something the chief said in the earlyer halo's, and use the forerunner artifact to transpose her Digital inteligence and Halseys DNA Into a Living Being.. Still being extremely Loyal to Master Chief for all the time they have spent together, She takes on the Job of Becoming the New Spartan 117... also the first spartan of a new class, The Spartan V That don't require an AI Because they are already part AI...

17: The Helmet of Master Chief and The Arbiter are Found and are put in a massive memorial to show what they have done for all humanity, He is acknowleged as the great hero of the universe... The armour pieces of the other Hero's are also put on display like Nobles 1-6, The ODST team, and many more. After Admiring the Shrine to all of the fallen hero's Cortana-117 and The new arbiter, Who is the former Shipmaster from halo 2 and 3 walk away from the memorial and into the next fight.

What? you said PredictionS not PredictioN... These are ALL My PredictionS.

Imo, She will be replaced by General Akbaar, and at the middle of every mission he will tell you whether or not it's a trap!

Or Adam Sandler, aha I'm kidding, that would be torture.

I'm assuming she'll be back in HALO 5, near the ends of it anyway, where chief might have random flashes like on Halo 3 and Halo 6 you'll find her corrupted by forerunner power and you kill the Didact, she comes back to life.

Or not.

JUST IN! LEAKED IMAGES OF HALO 5! [Not really]

masterchief_seniorpic09_fullsize.jpg

• Like 1

Predictions... lets see...

Halo 5...

1: Didact isn't dead, he just got composed into a higher grade of promethian.

2: The Didact now begins to carry out his vendetta against the humans but also the elite faction that fought with the humans..

3: In the beggining of the campaign Sanghellios' (Elite Homeworld) is destroyed by the Didact.

4: The Arbiter goes into full Berserker mode and Begins another Aliance with the humans.

5: while hunting the Didact Master Chief and The arbiter stumble upon one of the halo instalations that hasn't been found yet, and find a gravemind far larger than any of the previously known graveminds.

6: Midway through the campaign. The Promethians, The flood, and the Human/Sanghelli alliance get in one big ****storm of a fight, and we will take on more flood in this level than previously thought possible.

7: after our victory the Gravemind will impart some knowledge to us before it tries to kill the Didact itself, it will fail and the Didact will escape.

8: All of the ships en route to said instalation will be destroyed... stranding any elite/human forces there to fend for themselves... this will be like a survival level, untill the UNSC Infinity arrives all nice and refurbished.

9: We will return to earth to see in Entirely Destroyed by the Didact, there will be a longbow pilot level where we need to fight off the Didacts forces to assure the Lifeboats escape safely.

10: in the finaly level of halo 5 Master chief will finally meet up with Dr. Halsey, She will be giving him instructions through the final level like Cortana did previously, They will end up fighting the Didact and Didact will show chief that he has possession of Cortanas remaining fragments and is basicaly holding her prisoner.

11: Arbiter is going to get tossed around by Didact prety good, Chief is going to go into rage mode and pull some real Spartan **** out and fight Didact to a draw, and somehow take some of cortana's fragments back. Dr Halsey will ReCalibrate the fragments back into the real Cortana...

This will conclude halo 5.

Halo 6...

1: The planet Reach Becomes the new Home Planet for Humanity aswell as a base for the allied forces.

2: We Will start seeing some friendly old faces rejoining the Fight, Kelly, Fred, Linda, and Jun.. These Spartans will be fighting alongside Chief in a manner simular to games like Odst and Halo Reach... We Will finally see Master Chief act like an actual squad member, or maybe even Squad Leader.

3: The Spartan IVs Will be fighting alongside the elites as blood brothers, both factions being both hell bent on revenge and Survival.

4: at some point in halo 6 We will meet an even Larger Gravemind than the one i predict will be in Halo 5, It will reveal that the fllood is actually a corrupted form of the Species that held the "Mantle" Prior to the forerunners, The Precursers.

5: In order for the Mantle to be passed on yet again to the Humans, This gravemind will agree to an Alliance with the Human/elites. (Bear in mind that after the flood infection becomes substantial enough to develop a gravemind, it becomes a hive mind that has an intelegence.. and it believes that the odds of survival are much better if it acts accordingly.)

6: The other covenant races (Brutes, Drones, Grunts, Engineers, Jackals, Hunters, and even Prophets) Will also join this alliance.

7: The Didact will find some entirely knew species to enslave as soldiers, They will have their own class of weapons and will be even more difficult to kill than the Promethians...

8: Everything is going to hit the fan all at once on one of the instalations midway through the game, which is where we will see the longest halo level to date, which envolves going around to support our alliance on the massive ass battlefield... The entire ring is going to be one big Hellish war...

9: The didact will escape to again attack the homeworld of his most hated species, the humans, while the battle continues on, Master Chief, Cortana, Arbiter, Sarah Palmer, The new leader of the Brutes, and a force of about 500-1000 ODST's, and Elites will follow the Didact to Reach..

10: We will see the Characters from Halo ODST Among these ODST's, most of the force sent after didact will die..

11: The Arbiter and the Chief will take on the Didact for a final time, The master Chief's DNA has now been extremely upgraded by the forerunner DNA Given to him by the librarian..

13: This fight will take place in a ship to ship battle just outside the orbit of reach... While the forces hold off the remaining Promethians Chief, Arbiter and Cortana Proceed to follow the Didact, The Didact will be found using some ancient forerunner device to destroy reach... Cortana will be left in charge of finding a way to stop that device while arbiter and chief go to take on the Didact.

14: Master Chief will be wielding a new prototype Weapon, Arbiter will finally take a Hint from his past arbiters and Duel wield Energy swords. Intense fighting insues but Master Chief and Arbiter begin to lose..

15: Chief Sacrifices himself and Jumps off the Ship with Didact and enters Orbit with him in a final attempt to kill him... He Basically Suceeds in wounding the Didact heavily... Chief is killed in the Process... His helmet falls of and Bounces/Rolls over to another helmet, The helmet left behind by noble 6 after the events of halo reach.

16: Cortana will see this, and remember something the chief said in the earlyer halo's, and use the forerunner artifact to transpose her Digital inteligence and Halseys DNA Into a Living Being.. Still being extremely Loyal to Master Chief for all the time they have spent together, She takes on the Job of Becoming the New Spartan 117... also the first spartan of a new class, The Spartan V That don't require an AI Because they are already part AI...

17: The Helmet of Master Chief and The Arbiter are Found and are put in a massive memorial to show what they have done for all humanity, He is acknowleged as the great hero of the universe... The armour pieces of the other Hero's are also put on display like Nobles 1-6, The ODST team, and many more. After Admiring the Shrine to all of the fallen hero's Cortana-117 and The new arbiter, Who is the former Shipmaster from halo 2 and 3 walk away from the memorial and into the next fight.

What? you said PredictionS not PredictioN... These are ALL My PredictionS.

Didn't Fred die after the MC and a few other spartan-II's brought a bomb on to an entire covenant ship by themselves and Fred decided to stay behind and defend it? Since he couldn't leave the ship for whatever reason and the bomb had to be protected anyways? Maybe I'm thinking of a different spartan-II but im pretty sure it was Fred.

Ok just checked halopedia about Fred. He's still alive. Who was that spartan-II that stayed behind to defend the bomb then?

Edited by ryanb21

The didact falls through the slipspace anomoly and takes all the inhabitants of new pheonix that were destroyed by the composer with him to create a new army of protheans, he also takes cortana, or what is left of her, and creates a prothean out of her.

Neo/Prothean-Cortana leads army against humanity.

Chief and Arby destroy her army but save her, and along with halsey's help, cortana finds a way to make a more human body based off prothean tech. She, Chief, and Arbiter destroy didact once and for all.

Human-Cortana and Chief get married at the end of halo 6.

/Thread