Opinions: What you think would make Matchmaking better

Spacemobile

Hey,

I've been playing Matchmaking for quite some time and I've had a little pet peeves in it. However, I will not go as far as to say that 343 completely dropped the world's greatest poop over the game, but there can be some improvements. I mean, the game is relatively new and they can always throw updates at us, fixing stuff, right? I made this thread for us to list what we'd like to see changed, but like, in 1 thread. Not a thousand. Please do not say, "the whole game" because if you do not like the game, maybe you should lay off of FPS for a bit.

Here's my list and reasoning why, please follow a similar format so it can be comprehensible, I'm interested in knowing everyone's opinions just out of curiosity to know if I'm not alone on this:

Guns: The Assault Rifle is OP as hell. I don't mean this from the perspective that I get ripped when facing an enemy using it only, because I'll admit, I do. I mean that whenever even I use it too, I rip enemies apart too fast. I think it should be brought down a tad bit, along with the Battle Rifle. The DMR should require a bit more shot placement as it did in Halo: Reach. I've had to hop on Reach a few times over again just because I miss the old... having to require skill part of the game.

Shields: People die way too fast in these matches without even having to lob off headshots all the time. I shoot someone in the foot, they die. In the hand, they die. Their shields drop too fast with little bullets at expense and absolutely no shot placement needed. Up the shields a bit maybe? This isn't CoD and we are aware of that.

Respawn: Please do not allow instant respawn. I felt bad for some guy who instantly respawned and backtracked himself to my location, around 4 times, repeatedly dying. There's no fun in not having to find someone. Also I've been spawned next to a mob of enemies. That sucks just as equally.

Weapon Spawns: Relying on the enemy weapons isn't too bad, but maybe if there were a few of the loadout weapons placed here and there it wouldn't kill. Right? I mean, it would kill since providing people guns happens to do that.

Weapon Locators: Is it possible to remove this feature? There's no real surprise in going after a weapon you know is/still is there. Though I have used it to my advantage and ambush enemies running to the locator, still, meh.

Ordinance Drops Steal Time: Don't know how to shorten the title for this. Is it possible to make the time a little longer to steal someone else's ordinance? Had my stuff stolen around 4 times in a match. I wanted to cry but remembered that I'm not that big of a baby anymore.

TL;DR version: Weaken AR/BR. Strengthen shields to require better shot placement. No instant respawn. Spawn loadouts. Remove weapon locators. Increase ordinance steal meter.

-What would you like to see changed?

• Like 1

Hey,

I've been playing Matchmaking for quite some time and I've had a little pet peeves in it. However, I will not go as far as to say that 343 completely dropped the world's greatest poop over the game, but there can be some improvements. I mean, the game is relatively new and they can always throw updates at us, fixing stuff, right? I made this thread for us to list what we'd like to see changed, but like, in 1 thread. Not a thousand. Please do not say, "the whole game" because if you do not like the game, maybe you should lay off of FPS for a bit.

Here's my list and reasoning why, please follow a similar format so it can be comprehensible, I'm interested in knowing everyone's opinions just out of curiosity to know if I'm not alone on this:

Guns: The Assault Rifle is OP as hell. I don't mean this from the perspective that I get ripped when facing an enemy using it only, because I'll admit, I do. I mean that whenever even I use it too, I rip enemies apart too fast. I think it should be brought down a tad bit, along with the Battle Rifle. The DMR should require a bit more shot placement as it did in Halo: Reach. I've had to hop on Reach a few times over again just because I miss the old... having to require skill part of the game.

Shields: People die way too fast in these matches without even having to lob off headshots all the time. I shoot someone in the foot, they die. In the hand, they die. Their shields drop too fast with little bullets at expense and absolutely no shot placement needed. Up the shields a bit maybe? This isn't CoD and we are aware of that.

Respawn: Please do not allow instant respawn. I felt bad for some guy who instantly respawned and backtracked himself to my location, around 4 times, repeatedly dying. There's no fun in not having to find someone. Also I've been spawned next to a mob of enemies. That sucks just as equally.

Weapon Spawns: Relying on the enemy weapons isn't too bad, but maybe if there were a few of the loadout weapons placed here and there it wouldn't kill. Right? I mean, it would kill since providing people guns happens to do that.

Weapon Locators: Is it possible to remove this feature? There's no real surprise in going after a weapon you know is/still is there. Though I have used it to my advantage and ambush enemies running to the locator, still, meh.

Ordinance Drops Steal Time: Don't know how to shorten the title for this. Is it possible to make the time a little longer to steal someone else's ordinance? Had my stuff stolen around 4 times in a match. I wanted to cry but remembered that I'm not that big of a baby anymore.

TL;DR version: Weaken AR/BR. Strengthen shields to require better shot placement. No instant respawn. Spawn loadouts. Remove weapon locators. Increase ordinance steal meter.

1. The Assault Rifle isn't OP. It's just really effective when you come into it's range. BR is all that I use, and I do not think it needs to be toned down. The DMR damage MAY be a little to high, but I haven't used it yet so before I do I'm not going to suggest any change to it.

2. People do seem to die a lot quicker in this. But I think it takes the same amount of bullets it has always taken. Again I'll need to watch out for it before I agree with your statement.

3. The instant respawn isn't compulsory. Even if it was, from what you have said about your example the guy would have still backtracked to your location. That is his choice, nothing to do with the respawns.

4. I don't mind the weapon locators. I find that they are their because the spawning area's change, If their was a designated spawn area for the weapons, then people would just camp around them until it spawned, then wait for the next one.

5. I don't mind that their are no weapon spawns. But I wouldn't be against maybe having ammo boxes dotted around the map.

6. I haven't looked or done this often, but the once or twice I have done it, I agree that it should take a little longer.

Now to my own suggestions, these are just little things that will make War Games better.

Descriptions of the Gametypes. E.g. Right now in the description of Dominion, it say's "Dominion 6v6" which isn't very good because it does not tell us what the gametype is about. Better descriptions would be a lot easier for people who are not sure what they are. For this example maybe change it to say "Dominion 6v6. Capture the 3 points and eliminate the enemy team to win. If the enemy team get 1 capture point before they are eliminated, they are allowed to respawn" (or something along these lines)

Veto option for picking the map. One thing I quite liked about Halo: Reach was that if none of the map's were to your choosing, you had the option to veto it for another choice of 3maps. I find myself constantly playing the same maps on the gametypes and it is a little annoying.

Change a few of the Armor Abilities. I currently feel that the Thrust pack and the Shield leave me more vulnerable than protected as they have extreme disadvantages and I have yet to find a decent use for them.

• Like 1

Okay a few things:

I'd rather play to a set number of kills instead of points.

you can do this in custom games (1-50) so that's an easy fix for Matchmaking.

put in more playlists. put more basic weapons around the map so there's ammo (like dmrs and brs).

another thing i've noticed: when you die, your weapons disappear really fast so when you go to pick up them up after you die, it's hardly ever there anymore (i.e, when you die with a sniper and you go to get it back and it's not there)

-No Instant Respawn

-Power weapon spawns

-No Sprint

-Nerf Assault Rifle

-Take out DMR

-Reduces rate of fire for BR

-No ordinances

Basically, I'm not asking you to change the whole game... But make a playlist like this, so like minded people like me can play a simpler version of Halo. I'm not for the fast paced, guns blazing style that Halo 4 is right now... Halo 4 is a gorgeous game and I hate to see it lose to COD.

Oh and swat!!

Hey,

Nice to see a new member try and do something positive.

AR will destroy you if you get in its range, but so will most other guns so I think its power fits its range.

Nerf the DMR slightly its basically a sniper.

I also think they should make a playlist Halo 3 style (Weapon spawns, no drop in/out, etc.)

GET RID OF THE POINT SYSTEM !!!!

What happened to getting a certain number of kills to win in matchmaking???? Halo Matchmaking at it's core was about you or your team trying to reach a set number of kills before the other team. It didn't matter how you did it as long as you did it. That's what made it fun. With Halo 4 it's about the way in which you kill people. I feel you're being swayed to play the game a certain way to achieve an optimal outcome. Yes I know there is Slayer Pro and that's great but that's it???? A single kill count based game type is a slap in the face to what made Halo Matchmaking what it was. I think it would be hard for anyone who's been around since the beginning to disagree.

Another reason why this system is annoying. To have more kills and less deaths than the guy in first place yet come in second is a joke. I think any reasonable person would have to laugh at the sight of that and ask what is 343 doing.

Maybe I was unaware of it but were people asking for this? Was there an uprising against the kill count matchmaking game types in Halo that I wasn't aware of?

I know it has it's haters but bring bloom back.

It will stop people spamming the trigger on the super accurate DMR and BR.

It will keep people alive longer.

People that mastered the skill in Halo reach wont feel like it was a waste of time.

It will separate the better players from the rest and stop this who ever shoots first wins crap which just promotes camping.

At the end of the day a gun cant be so accurate when you are spamming it so why are we going backwards and taking bloom out of the game???

I'd really like a Big Team Objective list. I love doing objective games but going in solo, more often than not, results in a ridiculous slaughter by people partied up. I don't have an issue with parties, but if you end up with lousy teammates against that party, there's only so much you can do. (I'm only one Spartan!) I just think with Big Team you often get a bit more in the way of... Well, realistically, you get random luck to have good teammates. But the odds are slightly more in your favor with more people. It's just something I've missed since the Halo 2 days that's never been quite right since then.

• Like 1