FistOfTheUnicrn

343 I seriously hope you review these

Halo 4 is probably the biggest game of your career and I love it. You've done great, BUT your forge world and custom games are a bit lacking. You had a lot to do to get the game done I totally understand, but you plan on having 3 DLC, if one of them had a more open ended larger forge world with more room to build is be ecstatic, yours are good but many agree with out a larger more open canvas for us to work on we are limited. And a lot of other users have posted similar topics. And maybe you could edit the custom games so we can edit it more especially weapon spawning on flood and just more game types in general would he awesome. Many agree that the custom games when you have a good gaming community on a nice custom map are one of the highlights and most fun parts of halo

• Like 1

I would like in future updates or DLC to A: To Increase the Size of the current forge worlds, B: To increase the height limit in forge as well, C: To adds an UNSC aricraft e.g. Hornet, Falcon or Pelican in Forge and Muiltplayer and D: basically add more stuff in forge

P.S. also ask the public to see what they think they should add in forge or muiltplayer

P.S.S. Also when The Halo Forge Epidemic makes maps add them to the Muiltplayer Playlist because instead of people playing the same map over and over again people may get bore but if you like add what people make now that would very interesting

Thanks For Reading This please get back to me to see what you think of my ideas

• 2 months later...

I personally think if you guys wanted to improve forge overall; all you would have to do is make all the maps editable if that is a word. For instance; the only maps capable of forging is Ravine, Impact, and Erosion. Sure they are great to work with but after a while they seem to be the same thing over and over. I would like new pieces maybe some forerunner pieces or different pieces that don't look like the same thing over and over. Sure there are limitations as to how the 360 can handle things, but maybe have a huge update; I know I got the space on my hard drive for another 8GB if needed. Heck some of the pieces from Haven or Longbow would be cool elsewhere. I know how you guys at 343i are working hard to fix the errors you have made in Halo 4. I know that you plan on doing things to please us fans, and I would really like to hear back from you to see if this is possible because even though I am ok at forging and I am in the process of joining DHG's forging team I am really looking forward to what you have up your sleeves.

I would suggest that no one hold their breath on a "Forge World" or large Forge update. It's just not reasonably in the cards. I agree with many of the points that have been made here, but at the end of the day, once again, we Forgers have a couple places to build with a few limitations and glitches to deal with. At this point in the Forge journey, that's par for the course. While I agree that certain mistakes were made this time around that could have been avoided, we are pretty much stuck with the scenario. If anything, I might anticipate an attempt on 343's part to adjust the ability to change custom game variants, but don't look forward to any new mind blowing map. That would be a very unexpected bonus. The basic elements of the Forge, in 343's eyes, have already been met;... exterior day map, exterior night map, interior closed in space, arena style area.

In retrospect, let's look at the interesting tools that we now have as improvements;

- Magnets:

These sweet little babies aren't perfect, by a long shot. However, the have sped up my Forge process immensely, even with their flaws. Also, there's usually a way to line up two objects that don't have proper magnet placement with the use of other object's magnets.

- Dynamic Lighting:

This is a feature of much debate and has caused many headaches already. However, if you pay attention to both your build and lighting budgets while you Forge, the glitch should be avoidable. I'm not happy that we have to worry about it in the first place, but the look of custom maps certainly does get kicked up a notch when the DL does its work. I'm currently starting an in-depth map over that ran into glitched lighting, and ultimately I think that it may have been the best thing for the build. I'm now forced to reapproach the map with simplicity in mind, which will only lead to a better final product.

- Gravity/Trait Zones:

These have already led to several off-hand uses that trick-based Forgers love. I think that it's pretty cool that we can now make deployable bridges, elevators, trains, vehicle dispensers, and more! Are the rules of these zones flawless? No. But they are the first step to more and more control and variety for future Forge capability.

Ultimately, let's keep a simple build in mind and great maps are achievable in the space provided. We all know that there is a ton of room to grow with tools, options, and build space. I just don't expect to see all of those great features come to life until we are discussing improvements for the Halo 5 Forge. Next Gen is right around the corner, and unfortunately, 343 knew that when planning Halo 4. This is their Combat Evolved, so stay tuned for their respective Halo 2, because now they have the time, feedback, system power, and experience. If after all of that they still fall short, I'll join your ranks and consider mutiny!

Happy Forging!!!

Overall i think that 343i needs to focus most of their fixes on gametypes that were either left out such as infection, territories and others. We need these gametypes back so that we can come up with new ideas for maps along with bringing back some of the old games that we used to play in halo 3 and reach.

Halo 4 is probably the biggest game of your career and I love it. You've done great, BUT your forge world and custom games are a bit lacking. You had a lot to do to get the game done I totally understand, but you plan on having 3 DLC, if one of them had a more open ended larger forge world with more room to build is be ecstatic, yours are good but many agree with out a larger more open canvas for us to work on we are limited. And a lot of other users have posted similar topics. And maybe you could edit the custom games so we can edit it more especially weapon spawning on flood and just more game types in general would he awesome. Many agree that the custom games when you have a good gaming community on a nice custom map are one of the highlights and most fun parts of halo

i do agree with we need all our custom games setting back but thats about it i now see not point in forge world becase when creating maps 99 percent of the time we would only use a small section of the map so 3 alows for more of a varity of places to build

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Halo 4 is probably the biggest game of your career and I love it.

It's the only game in their career.

The basic elements of the Forge, in 343's eyes, have already been met;... exterior day map, exterior night map, interior closed in space, arena style area.

Impact isn't a night map, it has an asteroid belt, gas giants, and the pieces are all white.

First I have to say that i do love some of the new features to forge, such as magnets and quick item duplication. However I can't help but feel somewhat limited by the lack of availability of certain items. For example only 8 Warthogs, Mongeese, Ghosts, Etc., per map. Certain custom games require the 16 Vehicles on the map (like bumper cars). As many are wacky and stupid fun, to give everyone a break from the matchmaking MLG mentality; and kill each other in more wacky and stupid-fun ways. One more thing for now, a UNSC aerial vehicle, that operates similarly to the falcon or hornet would be a good idea to bring back. Though I don't know how feasible it would be a this stage of the game, though if its possible; it bring back one of those elements of gameplay that have been lost in Halo 4.