A Compromise for Fans who dislike Halo 4

Lutallo

Evidently, 343 has attempted to appeal to a larger fan base in order to generate more revenue. While they are sitting back probably laughing and at the same time, crying at the horrible Metacritic reviews, everyone who has experienced and loved Halo 1-3 is having a massive uproar about the similarities to COD. While everyone whinges and complains, as is human nature, no one bothers to suggest how improvements can be made. Hopefully my suggestion isn't too bad.

What I propose is that, similar to how Halo 3 and Reach operated in their anniversary/classic playlists, a separate playlist potentially named "Classic" could be made wherein there will be:

1. No Loadouts

2. No Insta-respawn

3. No Killstreak rewards

4. No Perks

Therefore, the elements of COD which have seemingly "destroyed" Halo become less of an issue and there will be a degree of segregation between the people who want to play Halo "properly" and those who would prefer to play with the selective advantage of customisable loadouts and ordnance drops. Although it won't be the same as good old halo 3, it is still better than having a Level 30 dominate with his cute little Light Rifle and overpowered Perks.

Agree or disagree below. Attack opinions, not persons.

I think it's ridiculous to make assumptions about the intentions of 343. Just trivializing features you don't like as 343 "appealing to a larger fan base" is crazy. Metacritic reviews are overwhelmingly positive. 70 actual reviews with 1 negative. User reviews are a joke, and even the negative ones are drastically outnumbered by positive.

As they have since Halo 2, playlists will change. It is entirely likely that we'll get a "classic" style playlist at some point, much like what 343 implemented with the maps from Halo Anniversary.

"Elements of CoD" haven't destroyed Halo. From Halo to Battlefield to CoD, all games arguably share characteristics of one another in some facet now. That's just reality. Halo 3 is still online if you want to go back to a "pure" Halo. Honestly, you could pop in H:CE, and it still plays very similar to H4. It's like the old addage, "the more things change, the more they stay the same".

• Like 2

I see no resemblance to COD

Then you're either ignorant or you have never played CoD before. Loadouts, perks, sprint, that's the biggest reason why Halo 4 fails. In Reach you could choose sprint as a ''perk'' or whatever it was called then, but you could only use it for a shorter time and it had a longer recharge on it.

Another compromise for fans who don't like Halo 4: don't play it. It's simple. If you don't like it then don't play it and stay off of the message boards with all of your whining. I don't come on here to listen to a bunch of kids complain. If you don't like it, leave it out of the Xbox.

• Like 1

I think people are dramatically overstating similarities to CoD.

You wanna talk "Loadouts"? Take a look at Battlefield 3. That game has a loadout system that is far more in depth than Halo 4's. I actually enjoy Halo 4's system because it means there isn't that initial rush to get a decent weapon, and you don't have to settle for second best. It lets me get right into the thick of the fight, right off the bat, and I love that. :)

As for the killcam, I can see where people are coming from, but if that alone is ruining multiplayer for you, I think you have some other problems you need to sort out. I skip it all the time unless I have legitimately no idea how I died. In those cases, watching the killcam actually prevents my nerdrage from taking hold because it gives me proof that my death was in fact legitimate.

I'm surprised treyarch or infinity ward don't have a lawsuit in the works... This is basically cod with master chief slapped on the cover

I second this. An no "slayer pro" isn't like old halo, not everyone is a MLG try hard wannabe, that's all you will play against in that playlist, we need something so that people that enjoyed halos TRUE form has something to enjoy as well.

Evidently, 343 has attempted to appeal to a larger fan base in order to generate more revenue. While they are sitting back probably laughing and at the same time, crying at the horrible Metacritic reviews, everyone who has experienced and loved Halo 1-3 is having a massive uproar about the similarities to COD. While everyone whinges and complains, as is human nature, no one bothers to suggest how improvements can be made. Hopefully my suggestion isn't too bad.

What I propose is that, similar to how Halo 3 and Reach operated in their anniversary/classic playlists, a separate playlist potentially named "Classic" could be made wherein there will be:

1. No Loadouts

2. No Insta-respawn

3. No Killstreak rewards

4. No Perks

Therefore, the elements of COD which have seemingly "destroyed" Halo become less of an issue and there will be a degree of segregation between the people who want to play Halo "properly" and those who would prefer to play with the selective advantage of customisable loadouts and ordnance drops. Although it won't be the same as good old halo 3, it is still better than having a Level 30 dominate with his cute little Light Rifle and overpowered Perks.

Agree or disagree below. Attack opinions, not persons.

i've been saying this since they were doing pre-release testing. thank you for me not being the only one.

I see no resemblance to COD

And to you: I don't care if some of you don't get a COD vibe from this game, because a lot of other people do. I mean a lot of people. So with that said, this game can have some easy fixes if they just do this with a title update.

Another compromise for fans who don't like Halo 4: don't play it. It's simple. If you don't like it then don't play it and stay off of the message boards with all of your whining. I don't come on here to listen to a bunch of kids complain. If you don't like it, leave it out of the Xbox.

That makes sense, right? Pay 60$ to never play it. Sorry, if i don't like a game and i paid the money im playing through it to get my worth out of it then scrapping it for money back. Also people don't come to forums to please you. Sorry, but with maturity comes the lessons of tolerance. Here, that is your only option.

On another note, Silence is deadly. Without criticism the halo franchise wouldnt have come as far as it has. They listen to their community. It's how business works.

Good day, sir.

Now, on topic.

A classic playlist would be most appreciated. The team slayer pro is nice but it isn't classic. Though, i do wish they had a version with the DMR preset rather than the BR. The BR in this game feels a bit off to me. Not horrendous, workable, but something feels off and idk what it is. Anyways, I'm looking forward to a Big Team Battle playlist with objectives/classic slayer. The infinity BTS feels off to me as well.

It's called Team Slayer Pro and it's in Halo 4. It has pre set loadouts, insta spawn and sprint, but no armor abilities or perks or killstreaks.

Team Slayer Pro? People who actually played Halo (and no Reach doesn't count so don't ask) get one game mode, and its DM at that? I don't agree with you sir, not one bit.

Good suggestions, I have a few of my own to add because the multiplayer in this game sickens me.

-First, down give everyone a power weapon when they get a kill.

-Second, make it like halo: Reach (Another bad halo make) where you have sheilds to go through. This is be cause people can spawn kill you from across the map and you cant do anything

-Third, Like the topic creator said dont make it insta spawn.

-Fourth, make infinity slayer maps so where you have close quarters and long range, unlike you have done

-Fifth, make the ghosts easier to splatter and vehicles in general harder to take down...

Oh yeah i would just like to add that personally i think the matchmaking is ****ty and so do most of my friends who have been playing Halo since Halo 1 came out. There are also a lot of bugs in the game. One bug is that randomly it will say you need to be connected to the internet to play Matchmaking, this of course is false because meanwhile im talking to my friends in and XBL Party.

As a competitive Halo player I am dissapointed at your choice to make this game both easy and un-fun.

:mad:

That makes sense, right? Pay 60$ to never play it. Sorry, if i don't like a game and i paid the money im playing through it to get my worth out of it then scrapping it for money back. Also people don't come to forums to please you. Sorry, but with maturity comes the lessons of tolerance. Here, that is your only option.

On another note, Silence is deadly. Without criticism the halo franchise wouldnt have come as far as it has. They listen to their community. It's how business works.

Good day, sir.

Now, on topic.

A classic playlist would be most appreciated. The team slayer pro is nice but it isn't classic. Though, i do wish they had a version with the DMR preset rather than the BR. The BR in this game feels a bit off to me. Not horrendous, workable, but something feels off and idk what it is. Anyways, I'm looking forward to a Big Team Battle playlist with objectives/classic slayer. The infinity BTS feels off to me as well.

Ok, fine. Tolerance? How about tolerating the fact that the game is different than it has been in the past. This is the standard for the industry. No smart developer will put out a game that is the exact same as one of its predecessors, unless that franchise is Call of Duty which in that case....well.... we all know what I'm getting at. If a developer just updates the graphics and the maps and releases the same game, they will surely alienate their fan base (which is why I don't play CoD anymore). People need to just understand that this is not Halo 3 or Halo 2. It's Halo 4. It's different. It's fresh. Frankly, it's amazing. And it's only been out for less than a week. Let 343 get some weekly playlists out. Give them a month or so and then you can begin to judge the playlists.

Good day, ***.