Custom Game Options

ptrack

I noticed that there is no option to turn off instant respawn and sprint (for a more classic feel). Otherwise, the features of Custom Games are pretty good, but when 343 makes a title update, do you think 343 could put options to take out instant respawn and sprint? Instant respawn makes it where anyone can spawn after dying and quickly sprint back to the spot where they died and finish off the person they (hopefully) made 1 shot. I find it a little unfair.

ALSO, for the love of God, please bring back the red X after someone dies. I hate saying 1 shot on my X only to remember that there is no X for my teammates to look at. It completely takes away from the communication aspect of competitive gaming. Just a thought, and it sounds like it'd be an easy fix.

Here's just a few things to consider.

*EDIT: I've read some things about infection settings being very limited to where there is not option to change the infected's weapon. Now i wasn't huge on infection myself, but it was fun to play every once in a while in custom games. Also, there's no Race, VIP, and Juggernaut.

LAST thing: make a "flag pick up/drop" option when there's a title update please. I liked the competitiveness of running flags in MLG and having to strategically set up, and sometimes drop the flag when you're getting shot, trying to put shots on the guy who's shooting at you. i just feel like a lot of the settings in this game limit stuff. Halo Reach and Halo 3 made custom games fun. Go back to that please!

• Like 3

Also, there's no Race, VIP, and Juggernaut.

first I want to say i love the game, and I think 343 industries did a great job with the hand off from bungie. But i have to say I was really dissapointed with the removal of the race gametype in particular. I feel like there was a large community of people who loved making racetracks (myself included) and would really appreciate if 343 brought it back in an update.

• Like 1

First of all, you guys keep forgetting that Race and easily be made by changing King of the Hill settings.

Second, yeah there's no red X when you die, and you can't drop the flag either. Plus there's no competitive playlist at the moment (Slayer Pro has power weapons from ordinance drops). It's like they completely neglected the competitive community.

I'm sure they'll fix most of these things (especially the playlists). We just have to get it out to 343 so they know what we expect. This game has so much potential to be the best halo ever. I mean, it can have all the competitiveness and classic style of h2 and h3 with more custom game options AND it can have all the new features of Halo 4 that we should expect with a new game. Best of both worlds

In short: They need more/better custom game options, and more playlists (with high regards to a classic playlist)

• Like 2

First of all, you guys keep forgetting that Race and easily be made by changing King of the Hill settings.

I know there is the trick about getting points but there are no checkpoint respawns and no mongoose spawn. The bigger point is that i understand trying not to make new game that may not be popular (regicide is sweet by the way), but why take out game types at all?