343 - as a fan, please read - did you forget?

dannykirby79

first of all congrats on the game, however i want to raise awareness to a particular issue so you can fix it before people notice it

Whilst i am very happy with the look and feel of the new forge there seems to be a couple of essential problems.

Firstly, i understand the use of magnets can prove usefull, but without the Ls button to fine tune/nudge and zoom function, hardcore forge users can't get the same level of accuracy as they could previously, i dont understand why you cant add these functions as well as magnets?? I often use forge free hand to create unique structures at an advanced level, but this is no longer possible. This may be hard to understand and may seem irrelevent to many but to hardcore forgers the minute details really do count!

Whilst I do have issues with map size and vertical space i think I could cope, however without these established fundimental controlls forge seems to have taken one step forward, two steps back :(

Combining the new magnet system with the old fine tuning system would at least optomise peoples creative capibilities

Maybe for future dlc...a bigger map and capabilities for racing/any weapons on flood/more versitile game modes (id be happy to pay for these additions)

If your reading this 343 please at least debate the possibility based on the fact that hardcore forge users are your main forge target market (or they should be because they create advertising through youtube showing off their FINE TUNED detail. Which brings in more creativity and more interest too the game. E.g rooster teeth halo horse.....

Despite all i've said halo 4 is been great so far, just some tweaks and dlc needed :)

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I scratch my head as to way they took out the fine-tune tool. This is a basic necessity for most forgers and must be returned. In no way do the magnets replace this tool. I used it with almost every object in Reach.

I have a couple other complaints, but nothing compares to the lack of this important feature. Please fix it, this shouldn't be too much to ask.

• Like 1

I agree can use coordinates to fine tune it is a pain though

Fine tuning is far more accurate than adjusting the coordinates. It allows you to get between the .1 decimal on the invisible grid. Not to mention the pain of going through menu's every time you want to adjust something slightly. Just add fine-tuning back, it shouldn't be that hard.

What does that mean :o

What he was trying to get across, albiet very, very poorly, was that this is a community run fan forum, with no direct affiliation with 343 Industries. Though we've heard rumors that 343 employee's may visit from time to time, we have no actual proof of that.

You weren't, but I may have been. ;) But besides that, because of it's location on Google is why so many people come here thinking that it's the actual site, Adam. A lot of them are trying to get in contact with 343 about certain aspects of the game, and while what you said may be true, we have no way of directly knowing. If I were a developer, I'd surely check out other sites, but I wouldn't make myself known on them. Could you imagine the uproar that would cause if, for example, Frankie came on here and announced himself?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree that the absents of a zoom method in forge mode is a vital, but if you fly above your object you get the same effects in that the piece will move much slower and can be put into a location with much accuracy. However this is indeed a pain when trying to move an object with minimal room around you and is ultimately slower than simply zooming in, but has not been taken out of the game entirely.

• 3 weeks later...