Legendary Ending.. SPOILERS ONLY READ IF COMPLETE

xCami

WHAT?!

As I've stated in my first review of the game - I play my first time through on Heroic so I can actually enjoy the game as with most previous titles Legendary adds a whole new meaning to 'surviving'. At the end I almost had a panic attack thinking that they were going to show Johns' face.. and then sighed in relief when they didn't show it.

But THIS is what they did as gift for beating the game on LEGENDARY?! I'm outraged! You just come in, pick up a Universe that you not only did not create, but one which has connected with a fan-base this large.. and just stomp all over everything that we have come to know and love? You showed us a Forerunner : Which for BOOKS. GAMES. DVD'S..have plagued us as a masterful and mysterious race that was extinct and long since lost and just brought them right back. Then you let us seemingly kill one? And what's that? He was one of the most influential ones in the entire damn lore? As well as the Librarian?

But no~ No no no. Beyond that you have the audacity to show us the vague details of Johns' face? Don't you realize what the hell you've done? You just wandered into your new office and went " what have people always wanted to know about? " and then just tossed it out there like it wasn't a problem. The fact is : Chief NEEDS to stay faceless.

Halo 4 is going right back to be traded in. Another title will not be purchased. Thank you 343 for destroying the game. And here I was being content and giving you a chance. You keep Halo 5 and 6 where you'll likely give Chief a Spatula, tutu, and have a cocaine addiction that sets Charlie Sheen back 50 years "due to the trauma of losing cortana."

• Like 1

WHAT?!

As I've stated in my first review of the game - I play my first time through on Heroic so I can actually enjoy the game as with most previous titles Legendary adds a whole new meaning to 'surviving'. At the end I almost had a panic attack thinking that they were going to show Johns' face.. and then sighed in relief when they didn't show it.

But THIS is what they did as gift for beating the game on LEGENDARY?! I'm outraged! You just come in, pick up a Universe that you not only did not create, but one which has connected with a fan-base this large.. and just stomp all over everything that we have come to know and love? You showed us a Forerunner : Which for BOOKS. GAMES. DVD'S..have plagued us as a masterful and mysterious race that was extinct and long since lost and just brought them right back. Then you let us seemingly kill one? And what's that? He was one of the most influential ones in the entire damn lore? As well as the Librarian?

But no~ No no no. Beyond that you have the audacity to show us the vague details of Johns' face? Don't you realize what the hell you've done? You just wandered into your new office and went " what have people always wanted to know about? " and then just tossed it out there like it wasn't a problem. The fact is : Chief NEEDS to stay faceless.

Halo 4 is going right back to be traded in. Another title will not be purchased. Thank you 343 for destroying the game. And here I was being content and giving you a chance. You keep Halo 5 and 6 where you'll likely give Chief a Spatula, tutu, and have a cocaine addiction that sets Charlie Sheen back 50 years "due to the trauma of losing cortana."

I absolutely agree with you on this game. I am outraged at the careless disregard for the lore of halo and the killing off of the main protagonist that could have been used in the other trilogy installments. In regards to the gameplay, the weapons didn't feel as they should have. It just didn't feel like halo, halo for me was Halo 1,2,3,ODST and Reach. Bungie created a masterpiece, I believe 343 hasn't ammounted to that.

WHAT?!

Agree 100% they had a chance to make this a great game sadly it just didnt happen, I really wish Bungie would have remained in control.

I agree with your statement. But you have to remember one thing, this is a WHOLE NEW TRILOGY so 343 have to write the story the way they see it, of course they have to take the lore into consideration when writing their new story. For me what ruined the game wasnt the fact we killed a forerunner or that, it was the death of cortana that ruined this game for me, The bond between mastercheif n cortana was EPIC, when playing as masterchief i truly felt a connection to the characters as the bond felt original now that is gone, well i dont know something might happen in halo 5 but halo 4 was good until the last mission :(

• Like 1

Wow, where to start? Forerunners weren't always mysterious, there's a book series about them for crying out loud! And it's been hinted that they aren't extinct ever since Halo 3. The Didact isn't dead, we just saw him fall into portal/beam thing, and we hear him narrating the epilogue, which automatically proves he's still alive. And the Chief doesn't need to stay faceless because Bungie has already given us a description of what he looks like. You gonna trade in all your Bungie games too? People have always wanted to see his face, and when the get a small glimpse, they go ape-s&!@ crazy. And at least 343 cares about the Halo universe and is incorparating the novels into their games, something Bungie didn't give a crap about. So while all these things may seem outrageous to you, I personally find it as a plus for the series. It's about time John showed his face.

• Like 2

Wow, where to start? Forerunners weren't always mysterious, there's a book series about them for crying out loud! And it's been hinted that they aren't extinct ever since Halo 3. The Didact isn't dead, we just saw him fall into portal/beam thing, and we hear him narrating the epilogue, which automatically proves he's still alive. And the Chief doesn't need to stay faceless because Bungie has already given us a description of what he looks like. You gonna trade in all your Bungie games too? People have always wanted to see his face, and when the get a small glimpse, they go ape-s&!@ crazy. And at least 343 cares about the Halo universe and is incorparating the novels into their games, something Bungie didn't give a crap about. So while all these things may seem outrageous to you, I personally find it as a plus for the series. It's about time John showed his face.

I agree with everything except MC showing his face. Showing his face will kill Halo.

I'd also say it was just the lighting and shadows. But even despite that, Chief doesn't exactly look happy there.

I would be too, if i just lost the Smart AI i'd been paired with practically since Halsey designed the Mjolnir armour. He's fought with her for almost her entire 8 year lifespan, he'd understandably be pissed off/grieving.

WHAT?!

are you ******* kidding me? First of all, do i really need to remind you that bungie essentially set up the foundation for Halo 4, so if you're pissed that they have forerunners in the game, you need to be pissed at bungie. PLUS some key people from bungie helped make the game, sooo...

Also, they only showed such a minor portion of his face that he is still pretty much faceless. You already knew he was white from the books, so it's not anything shocking. On a side note, i think they took that last split second out because me and my friend just beat it and it wasn't there.

WHAT?!

I abhor comments like this. did YOU make the halo universe? no i didnt think so. the universe has always been evolving. 343 has more right than anyone to make whatever reveals or changes to it that they want. the Campaign was amazing, emotions were high during all of it. get a grip and dont take things so seriously that you cant have fun with a great game designed to make you have fun. people like you need to know where to draw the line between reality and videogames.

• Like 2

^This^

The moment I saw the top of his face I was estatic. I thought is this a hint for H5? :D

I don't care that that was all the reward for beating Legendary, I just did it to see if I could.

His face has already been described. He's pale with dim blue eyes. It was just a shadowy effect since they were still removing the helmet.

To this backlash about "343 destroying Halo": That's a joke. First off the mantle they were given that is Halo is a monsterous task that even the best game developers would quelm in disarray due to the dedicated fan base and possibility of angering them with their work. 343 were given this task, and they executed it exquisitely. You can have qualms about the game based on your own personal opinions and beliefs, but the consensus that will be deemed normal is that the game is amazing. This is the first game that MC actually feels fleshed out, and this is all due to Cortana's rampancy, and her being the closest thing to a companion/lover/aquaintance (Yes they are all interchangeable in this sentence) that he has had in his life. Making quick assumptions based on first impressions is also wrong and why backlash to a game is usually pre-emptive and then quelled later on with clarification. The Didact never died. He would of not narrated the epilogue if he was dead. There is a lot of room for interpretation there and with the obvious incoming sequels, opens up the possibilities without leaving any head canoning (What a first game in a trilogy should do).

Seeing Chief's face is something fans of the series have always wanted to see. So no it doesn't kill the fan base, hell it would probably do the opposite and expand on it, due to popularity. Another thing that is always perpetuated is that the MP is becoming "COD like". I can disgress. Popular gaming trends are a mantle (See what I did there?) to be passed down. They are usually done to improve games and appeal to a broader audience (By introducing similar things from another game). Halo 4 is not a copy of COD MP. Never has and never will (Not to mention Halo is THE GAME which set the standard for MP in the first place). Some aspects of the Multiplayer may be similar to COD, but are exclusive to Halo in their own rights and allow more prospects to the gamer for their experience. I'm completely addicted to MP right now. If it weren't for my brother playing on my account I probably would have a 2.00 KDR (1.60 right now from me Try harding) and its the MP that makes me keep coming back. Halo for me will always have more replay value than any other game on the market because of the constant change in MP and the now emotional setting for the SP (With Chief's Humanity now explored and continuing to do so).

Halo 4 has re-solidified my stance on Halo being my favourite game series of all time. Best gaming experience I've had since Halo 3 coincidentally.