It's gameplay wasn't bad either. For an rts on the xbox it did rather well in gameplay.

agreed, it fullfilled the rts roll, and the story line was just fine.

I must have missed a few lines in 3 or Reach but I had to google Didact for I don't remember any mention of him. They all seemed to know exactly who he was right away as well, maybe they could have explained it a little better instead of just throwing him in there. Also I agree with OP, the change in sounds for the warthog was hands down one of the worst mistakes they made, this dying chainsaw in a vat of dicks noise it makes is ******** my ears off.

I also hate how they felt the need to remove vehicles that were in the past games and not replace them with anything. Less is NOT better 343.

wow, yeah agreed!, i wanted to fly a pelican in multy player...

Fire the script editor the plot is driven by plot devices, and is written like an idiot plot. Characters constantly have to act like idiots to further the plot. The emotional context is there, but they got it by using plot devices, and logic fallacies. In order to further the story the captain has to be an idiot. The Didac has to be an idiot as well. He only serves as a plot device to extend the length of the actual story. The actual plot is saving Cortana. The Captain of the infinity, the Didac, and just about everything else only serves to delay that. They lack emotional context, depth, character, or any real motivation. They only do what they do to extend the length of the campaign but their reasons for doing it don't real exist. Didac hates the Humans because they invaded his peoples space and a war broke out. But they were only running from the flood who destroyed his people. The Captain is rescued the infinity and its crew are saved and the Captain treats the chief like dirt for doing it. Why? Simply to extend the campaign. Why didn't the infinity just attack the Didac ship? It blew a hole in it with one shot. Just keep shooting. The reason is they need the chief and Cortana to sacrifice themselves so they can get their ending.

Which by the way was a cheap emotional plea. How did Cortana create a hard light bubble without a hard light projector or energy source? The ship is destroyed. How did the Chief survive detonating a nuke in his hands? All are just plot holes. It's an over contrived ending. They new what ending they wanted but did a poor job of writing a story to get them to that ending. But the graphics are good. Even they action in the game is repetitive in order to extend the length of the campaign. You basically fight the same identical battle 4 times just to get to the Didac. Same platforms, same exact goal.

Next time they should take the time to fully develop and edit the script and the characters. The game has some genuine good moments and some real high points. But those are dragged down by the plot holes and inconsistent writing. At least for me. Anyone who liked it had some things to actually like, and if they want to ignore the plot because the liked the themes and emotional context, I understand. It just did not thrill me. The game had a lot to like, but a lot not to like. At least that's how I see it.

yeah, i heard rumer that this halo campaign would be like halo 1's campaign and thats just not true... i would have rather played any other campaign this one, is boring repetitive their are hardly any marines in the battles... the marines are more like ordaments in this game.

i agree with op, there was no unique 'moment' from halo 4, what i mean by that is, is that the 'moments' it did have was taken straight out of another halo game, it could be an entire level like shutdown was a repainted version of new alexendria from reach, even the tiny moments like when boarding the lich felt like the halo 2 scarab. the story was terrible i felt, the thing i found most appealing about the forunners was the mystery behind them that the only thing left of them were their creations! but now showing everything about them just ruins that ... its a real shame i feel.

i do enjoy the multiplayer though :D

Most of the plot holes that you guys are talking about will probably be filled up in the next two games. Not to mention the books that most likely cover many of the subjects.

Also, if I remember, the past Halo games had the same "go here, do this, now go here" feel to them. Including the chaotic mess of enemies at time. So, you're points are becoming much less valid, and more so just a gasping attempt to justify your opinions. If you don't like the game, that's fine. I still think it was the most interesting and absolute best game in the series to date. The only game that kept me so into it as to finish within my first 6-8 hours of owning it.

I dissagree on everything but the Tunes... They really jacked the signature halo music up badly... it started coming after halo 3, when you're fighting in halo the music should be happy and up beat... not the wahhhwahhhhahahahahaaaaahahahaha vocal only mess that was in this game... Please if 343 is reading this, in halo 5-6 bring back the Music style from halo 1 and halo 2....

The rest of it i couldn't agree less on... Cortana Supplied plenty of Comic relief by being her typical smart ass self.. I'm really going to miss that if she doesn't come back though.. the gun sounds are way improved even if they aren't nostalgic anymore i can support the new sounds.. How were the campaign levels dirty and sloppy like gears of war? they finally balanced the enemies we had to face.... in reach we had to fight like 2 hole elites with swords... we got to fight a decent amount of everything this time... which is what i liked about it... i wish there was more depth to didact but hey can't have it all.. also.. The grunts advanced a little bit since the last halo... new form of training or something... i don't count anything against this game for making the grunts different.

you should like the multiplayer... as long as your not to attached to the nostalgic feelings of halo 2... and i have absolutely nothing against halo 2... Up untill midnight on halo 4 release... I WAS playing HALO 2...

I must have missed a few lines in 3 or Reach but I had to google Didact for I don't remember any mention of him. They all seemed to know exactly who he was right away as well, maybe they could have explained it a little better instead of just throwing him in there. Also I agree with OP, the change in sounds for the warthog was hands down one of the worst mistakes they made, this dying chainsaw in a vat of dicks noise it makes is ******** my ears off.

I also hate how they felt the need to remove vehicles that were in the past games and not replace them with anything. Less is NOT better 343.

He was in the terminals in Halo 3, and he's been the most important character in the Forerunner Saga for the past two years, so we've had plenty explanation.

I would put up a counter-argument but it seems everybody else has. So, I shall say that I'm content with the story and found it much more interesting than Halo 3's, I enjoyed the major plot twists and I think 343 did an excellent job with it as a whole. I'm really excited to see how they expand on the story in Halo 5.

• Like 1