First of all I have been a fan and have enjoyed halo intensely. I have related with every halo on so many levels. Nathan fillion, Allen tudyck, and so many reacuring characters made halo a continuous surprisè. This was an abomination. There was no comedic relief. The grunts didn't run and scream out in fear. The elites didn't yell at you just before you kicked their ass. There was no zippy comments from allies. There was very little sense of comradery. Changing the sounds of beloved weapons was a terrible idea. Not to mention the vehicles. The warthog was actually annoying. The storyline was good but needed more depth. The cinematics were great. I love watching the storyline but it could have included a lot more. I ran through halo 4 in 5 hours on legendary on my first try. I could have only had done that with halo 1 after a year of playing it. I found as though I was forced to feel intensity from the constant let down of my achievements. I would beat two waves of reinforcements against terrible odds and just before I could get a sense of accomplishment and relief, wave three would show up. It forced me to employ gorilla tactics as if I was a terrorist. This game incorporates details and shootem up style of gears of war. Halo is not gears. Halo is calm and precisive, gears is chaotic and dirty. That being said I love gears but that's what made them great and apart from each other. And where was the consistent halo theme. I was hoping to turn on the game and feel halo. That sound that makes you get all warm and fuzzy. This was a disaster. The weapon swapping between cinematics, instead of warming up an introduction to a newly introduced weapon. Or having any form of background on enemy advancements or enemy forces. Oooh not to mention how weak of the thoughts behind new enemy forces. Soo. They are a lambent grunt and a lambent cross between a elite and a infantry jackal. And head shots don't count for squat on minor elites anymore. This has been a horrible experience and a waste of my time. I can only hope the multiplayer may improve my opinion but I'm afraid to be disappointed yet again. I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Storyline needed more in-depth? Halo 2's and 3's weren't that in-depth Halo 4 was probably the best campaign except for Halo 1, Oh and for the comedic relief.... This is a science fiction Drama, if you want to tell a good story that is intense, emotional and all that other stuff, you can't just have a grunt appear out of no where and started screaming, oh and for the wave thing, if you have not noticed but in halo 1 they had waves of enemies... Let's see here, the second mission then the third I believe? and there are calm parts in Halo 4 if you haven't noticed, and the song that kept coming in was to put you in the moment of killing bad guys as a badass super soldier.

• Like 6

@op k i have been playing halo since the first as well and halo 2 was more towards action then story, Halo 3 story was decent, Halo 4 story is pretty decent, i believe you're just being a drama queen, it really wasn't that bad. Your post is kinda a joke imo :S

• Like 1

I thought it was missing the spirit and humor of the Bungie games and the level design was weak, mission objectives tedious. Every single level felt like The Library to me, like a chore. I barely even noticed when you had companion marines fighting besides you, whereas in Halo 3 they were always shouting funny things, and why don't the grunts talk anymore?

It's the best-selling console RTS ever. Does that sound like a bad game to you?

Everyone was very excited about the game when it was released, as I recall it had a large pre-order. I myself was on that list. And was let down by the game in the end. Unless someone really botches one of the games, anything with the Halo title on it is more than likely going to sell exceedingly well.

There wasn't supposed to be comradery between anyone else except for chief and cortana. The story was supposed to be only between those two. And while it might not be as funny as the others, remember that this is 343s first halo game. I was disappointed that it was not a longer story and that it's still not 4 player offline co op. but it's a great first game. And I thought the part where the jackal tackles the scientist as a door opens was hilarious. It may not be a perfect game. But what is? And I'm happy about the changes in weapon sounds and vehicle changes. It's good to have these things changed sometimes, especially the ones that look different. How could you make a gun look different but sound exactly the same? And they probably could've made it harder to beat, but with new enemies they had to make them a little bit easier than too hard. So that all their fans could be able to beat it. And also you have probably had a lot of practice with the halo universe since halo 1 which could help explain why you beat it so easily. Just take it easy on 343, they are trying to continue the beloved series that bungie was making too similar to the other halo games and it would've ended up like COD fighting the WW2 over and over when all people want it for is the new tech and zombie mode. Just remember this was more than likely just a test run for 343 and they will get better

The campaign was good, but the story is really going somewhere not good, i just hope there is no space magic stuff, I mean halo 1,2 and 3 had an amazing storyline but now it seems as if supernatural events are happening now to what I thought was a serious story about a supersolider defending earth.

I agree with op, and spartanx22, all the fanboys need to stop, if they are going to support halo 4 support it with something more than foam and laughable comments.

halo 4 is not better than halo 1 2 3 those are solid ok,

this story has to many holes, and not to mention a ridiculous back story.

would it have hurt to put a little of that backstory in the actual story?

also if any one could answer this question...

if the forerunner were at war with ancient humans then why did they leave all that they had left behind to humanity? why were humans the only ones who could light the rings?

I agree with op, and spartanx22, all the fanboys need to stop, if they are going to support halo 4 support it with something more than foam and laughable comments.

halo 4 is not better than halo 1 2 3 those are solid ok,

this story has to many holes, and not to mention a ridiculous back story.

would it have hurt to put a little of that backstory in the actual story?

also if any one could answer this question...

if the forerunner were at war with ancient humans then why did they leave all that they had left behind to humanity? why were humans the only ones who could light the rings?

Most of the backstory is covered in the books, as has always been the case with Halo. Halo: Glasslands and Halo: The Thursday War are two books in a trilogy that cover the period between Halo 3 and Halo 4. As for your question about humanity, I would imagine it was because since we were the only race powerful enough to pose a serious threat to the Forerunners, they realized that we would be the best candidates to replace them as guardians of the galaxy after they fired the Halo Array.

Most of the backstory is covered in the books, as has always been the case with Halo. Halo: Glasslands and Halo: The Thursday War are two books in a trilogy that cover the period between Halo 3 and Halo 4. As for your question about humanity, I would imagine it was because since we were the only race powerful enough to pose a serious threat to the Forerunners, they realized that we would be the best candidates to replace them as guardians of the galaxy after they fired the Halo Array.

thats a good guess, but hold on the books have always covered halos back story. however halo's back story has never effected the game in such a way as this. i think every one can agree it needed to be explained some were in the actual game(im not saying all of it but at least some.)

back to my question, ive really looked into the story, the librarian wanted to preserve humanity yes but she hated the mantal, and didnt want power to exclusivly held to any race... and then the didacted hated humanity so he didn't do it... big plot whole to me... wasn't explaned... maybe it will be.

thats a good guess, but hold on the books have always covered halos back story. however halo's back story has never effected the game in such a way as this. i think every one can agree it needed to be explained some were in the actual game(im not saying all of it but at least some.)

back to my question, ive really looked into the story, the librarian wanted to preserve humanity yes but she hated the mantal, and didnt want power to exclusivly held to any race... and then the didacted hated humanity so he didn't do it... big plot whole to me... wasn't explaned... maybe it will be.

But keep in mind that she's not the be all end all of Forerunner leadership. It's highly possible that making us the Reclaimers was a collective decision.

Storyline needed more in-depth? Halo 2's and 3's weren't that in-depth Halo 4 was probably the best campaign except for Halo 1, Oh and for the comedic relief.... This is a science fiction Drama, if you want to tell a good story that is intense, emotional and all that other stuff, you can't just have a grunt appear out of no where and started screaming, oh and for the wave thing, if you have not noticed but in halo 1 they had waves of enemies... Let's see here, the second mission then the third I believe? and there are calm parts in Halo 4 if you haven't noticed, and the song that kept coming in was to put you in the moment of killing bad guys as a badass super soldier.

Halo 2's story was very in depth, the covenant were given a voice in the game for the first time. We were able to see in side their quarters and how they dealt with their affairs. We got to know their reasons and purposes towards the halo array. Then how things began to disrupt and then their massive army split up. Halo 2 was very much in depth, halo 3 wasnt as deep but still held a very good story.

To give my opinion on halo 4, its was bland and uninteresting, the ancient evil, the didact did nothing, said nothing. We finally met the forerunners and nothing big happened. The didact showed up then..died supposedly.

They didnt give any development towards the didact and the librarian as charcters, nothing was properly explained as why the didact did what he did and what it was all about. It was all over in a flash.

This is just my opinion on it, i am not just mindly bashing it, but its a very unmemorable campaign.

Fire the script editor the plot is driven by plot devices, and is written like an idiot plot. Characters constantly have to act like idiots to further the plot. The emotional context is there, but they got it by using plot devices, and logic fallacies. In order to further the story the captain has to be an idiot. The Didac has to be an idiot as well. He only serves as a plot device to extend the length of the actual story. The actual plot is saving Cortana. The Captain of the infinity, the Didac, and just about everything else only serves to delay that. They lack emotional context, depth, character, or any real motivation. They only do what they do to extend the length of the campaign but their reasons for doing it don't real exist. Didac hates the Humans because they invaded his peoples space and a war broke out. But they were only running from the flood who destroyed his people. The Captain is rescued the infinity and its crew are saved and the Captain treats the chief like dirt for doing it. Why? Simply to extend the campaign. Why didn't the infinity just attack the Didac ship? It blew a hole in it with one shot. Just keep shooting. The reason is they need the chief and Cortana to sacrifice themselves so they can get their ending.

Which by the way was a cheap emotional plea. How did Cortana create a hard light bubble without a hard light projector or energy source? The ship is destroyed. How did the Chief survive detonating a nuke in his hands? All are just plot holes. It's an over contrived ending. They new what ending they wanted but did a poor job of writing a story to get them to that ending. But the graphics are good. Even they action in the game is repetitive in order to extend the length of the campaign. You basically fight the same identical battle 4 times just to get to the Didac. Same platforms, same exact goal.

Next time they should take the time to fully develop and edit the script and the characters. The game has some genuine good moments and some real high points. But those are dragged down by the plot holes and inconsistent writing. At least for me. Anyone who liked it had some things to actually like, and if they want to ignore the plot because the liked the themes and emotional context, I understand. It just did not thrill me. The game had a lot to like, but a lot not to like. At least that's how I see it.

• Like 1

First of all I have been a fan and have enjoyed halo intensely. I have related with every halo on so many levels. Nathan fillion, Allen tudyck, and so many reacuring characters made halo a continuous surprisè. This was an abomination. There was no comedic relief. The grunts didn't run and scream out in fear. The elites didn't yell at you just before you kicked their ass. There was no zippy comments from allies. There was very little sense of comradery. Changing the sounds of beloved weapons was a terrible idea. Not to mention the vehicles. The warthog was actually annoying. The storyline was good but needed more depth. The cinematics were great. I love watching the storyline but it could have included a lot more. I ran through halo 4 in 5 hours on legendary on my first try. I could have only had done that with halo 1 after a year of playing it. I found as though I was forced to feel intensity from the constant let down of my achievements. I would beat two waves of reinforcements against terrible odds and just before I could get a sense of accomplishment and relief, wave three would show up. It forced me to employ gorilla tactics as if I was a terrorist. This game incorporates details and shootem up style of gears of war. Halo is not gears. Halo is calm and precisive, gears is chaotic and dirty. That being said I love gears but that's what made them great and apart from each other. And where was the consistent halo theme. I was hoping to turn on the game and feel halo. That sound that makes you get all warm and fuzzy. This was a disaster. The weapon swapping between cinematics, instead of warming up an introduction to a newly introduced weapon. Or having any form of background on enemy advancements or enemy forces. Oooh not to mention how weak of the thoughts behind new enemy forces. Soo. They are a lambent grunt and a lambent cross between a elite and a infantry jackal. And head shots don't count for squat on minor elites anymore. This has been a horrible experience and a waste of my time. I can only hope the multiplayer may improve my opinion but I'm afraid to be disappointed yet again. I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way.

You are my friend you are. The game is amazing

You are experiencing head trauma.

I must have missed a few lines in 3 or Reach but I had to google Didact for I don't remember any mention of him. They all seemed to know exactly who he was right away as well, maybe they could have explained it a little better instead of just throwing him in there. Also I agree with OP, the change in sounds for the warthog was hands down one of the worst mistakes they made, this dying chainsaw in a vat of dicks noise it makes is ******** my ears off.

I also hate how they felt the need to remove vehicles that were in the past games and not replace them with anything. Less is NOT better 343.