[Spoiler] halo 4 ending :( *rant*

Seanie117

I guess spoilers are being permitted now, so...

There are a few ways she could have survived that I can think of. Remember that we're dealing with sci-fi and creative storytelling, and in that context anything is possible. The two ways I can conceive of are

1) She was copied, personality memories and all, into the Librarian, and will be repaired by it. And 2) At the end it seems like MC is "inside" Cortana before she disintegrates and he's floating in space. I believe it's conceivable that she, since she was linked into it at the end evidently, used the Diedact's digitization ability to digitize MC himself (hence him being "inside" her sort of momentarily) and then turned him back as she disintegrated. There is the possibility therefore - conceivably - that she is somehow alive within his mind or his armor.

• Like 1

What I'm guessing right now, they say Halo 5 will have the darkest story out of the whole trilogy, so lets say master chief in H5 is having those memory or cryptic messages like in H3, I don't know, it didn't really show The Didact died or anything he just fell into the pit thing, and plus Cortana was still in that ships systems, there could be a possibility on her coming back

If you watch the terminal/console that has her chip in it as it explodes it sends out the same type of stuff that knights do when you kill them which cortana says in the campaign is data so maybe that could be another possibility. No one knows if she got uploaded to a forerunner network, or if there is any other salvageable data from the remains of the ship. On a less practical note Chief promised her she'd be fine i bet he'll make good on that in the end

• Like 1

if you start to explore the levels on campaign, you'll notice a record from halsey stating that cortana has some recessive anomaly from ancient AI that could make the 7 year rampancy moot. i think its an indication that she can beat the rampancy. i expect her to be back, just not in the same form. lots of content to uncover and unlock that will explain more. also the third book in the forerunner trilogy is going to be released soon which will explain more. don't trust just what you see in the gameplay as the end all be all of the storyline.

I'm waiting see if they can explore the whole digitalisation thing. Possibly with forerunner technology and what the forerunner did to the chief, maybe something was done to cortana, and they can de-digitise digital things. E.g, cortana becoming human?? Tgat's if she isn't dead.

Was not happy with the whole 'is cortana did or not?!' Ending, left me furious. Won't be playing halo again if she's gone as she is an important part of the story with the chief

I can deal with 343 not bringing her back in halo 5 but I think they will bring her back in halo 6. There are only 2 remaining characters from the original halo series and that's MC and Cortana so it would be silly just to say "hey..cortana's dead deal with it." There are so many possibilities that were already mentioned that 343 could use to bring her back.

I just cant get over the last "battle" if you can call it that come on stuck with a grenade the weakest kill in all of Halo and to top it off it was mainly a cut scene. I believe she will be back after 343 deals with the actual player's view on their take of Halo they will have to try and redeem themselves. I want to know what happened while MC was asleep why was covenant attacking again......that a lot can happen line just didnt cut it.

(Spoiler)I would like to remind/info u guys about what happen at the end of halo 2 cortana and MC were not together either she stayed behind on the ring and what not But chief left on the forerunner ship. then in in halo 3 MC found cortana and KEPT his promise. I would hope 343 would keep the chiefs promise. I think she is to big of a character for them to just kill her off like that. The rest of the trilogy will not be the same with out her.

What an awesome ending., not the Didact battle but her and him, alone as two beings in the same space for once and only once. 343 promised an emotional impact and they delivered.

Has anyone thought that since she was in the Didacts ships systems, she could've had a fragment upped to the Domain without her knowing it? She's an A.I so long as there is a fragment of her core persona somewhere intact what ever she has lost is only experience and memory.

I felt rather at a loss, i never entertained the thought of them sacrificing her. Wow, cool.

I see lasky coming in to fill in a part of her usual place via a C&C connection to the operating teams in the field in the next game or it could be something else completely.

So, Anyone got any bright ideas? We have a long wait til the next installment.

He's human now.

Ide bet u money she comes back as that human AI thats in the lore i cant remember for the life of me what its called or any details but ull have to do some digging to find it...i believe it was even said in the campaign about the human AI or something...

What would be really cool is if we do some kind of special ops mission at the beginning and we find intel that cortana is being held by covenant or promethean forces or something and go on a long trek to reclaim her...then halo 6 is whatever...idk

Ide bet u money she comes back as that human AI thats in the lore i cant remember for the life of me what its called or any details but ull have to do some digging to find it...i believe it was even said in the campaign about the human AI or something...

What would be really cool is if we do some kind of special ops mission at the beginning and we find intel that cortana is being held by covenant or promethean forces or something and go on a long trek to reclaim her...then halo 6 is whatever...idk

Hmm, I haven't played the CE or Halo wars or read all the lore there is out there but a human A.I? That's the first i've heard of it.

If she does comback it would defeat the purpose of her sacrifice.

Ooorrrrr...a cool twist would be like in dragon age you could either decide to kill morigann or go with her...that would be cool if 343 industries did that. Decide if you bring cortana back or let her die. That way everyone's happy!

Maybe I can shed some light on what may be happening. Note I had time to read ALL the novels waiting for this game to arrive.

The Librarian refers to Cortana as an Ancilla, this is the AI that the forerunners had in there armor.

When master Chief was "evolved" he began to hear voices from the Didact that Cortana could not hear, remember he asked her if she could hear it.

This would imply that Master Chief now has access to the "domain", basically a place where all previous forerunner spirits and knowledge exsists and can be accessed through lets say meditation. Its one way the forerunners retain knowledge for generations. Ancilla's help forerunners to access the domain and draw from the knowledge there.

In closing Cortana is quite possibly part of the domain now and I would say half way through the next Halo game she will be in full force with Master "Forerunner" Chief, not in Computer chip form but a part of his being.

• Like 2