Make Spartan Ops available for offline people, & non gold people

uberseven

Everyone assumes that fast internet connections are ubiquitous, but they're not. I don't have a problem paying for XBL (even though it's a bit of bait and switch), but I don't have the ability to use it. Even if I just had the option to BUY them for offline use, great. If I'm in the middle of the game, and it starts raining, no more satellite internet, and there goes the game. What is that all about?

spartan ops is basicaly just multiplayer,campaign maps with lots of emenies and some retarted story sad they couldn't make 1 different map for it they just used the ones they put in already so sad

I looked at some of the pics, i was like i know that place from somewhere! It a bit sad. But still lots of enemies, can you put thunderstorm on? (Skull) that the most fun you can have during the campaign, because it adds more enemies and also upgrades them. (My favourite skull) makes the game more challenging on legendary.

I essentially made an account to reply to this one post and this one post only.

The way that the Spartan Ops is set out actually sickens me, I payed the full 69$ for the god damn game and I want the god damn Spartan Ops that should have been on the disc. I have played Halo since the first one when i was a kid and have bought every halo game exept for aniversary since I still have my Halo Combat Evolved disc+Original Xbox.

I have never payed for X live and I sure as hell wont pay for a service every single other platform, even Origin provides for free. The one thing that has had me stuck to Xbox is Halo 4 and with this one, I just feel the devs have bent offline players over, hopefully I'm not the only one. A 9 hour campaign and local Multiplayer is not what I bought the game for, the campaign is flimsy and feels light and fluffy (not in a good way) and what I have seen of MP, dont even feel like Halo anymore.

TL;DR~ 50% of the game requires you to be online and pay for XBL...bad decsion when there are gaming platforms out there that can offer the same for free, Spartan Ops should have already been on the disc and unlocked, if 343 dosn't pick up there game for offline users, I wont be buying the next Halo unless they bring Bungie back

my only real issue was the online required content. Spartan ops and terminals specifically. offline, the game gets old. Online, I have a blast.

343 should make Spartan ops available for offline players. They could sell multiple seasons of it, although the first season is free I would still pay for it, allowing Spartan ops as add on content which is sold at gamming stores. The content shouldn’t be installed into your hard drive like Halo 4’s disk 2; it should be like what Bungie did with Halo 3: ODST’s multiplayer disc.

good idea, maybe they'll take some time to do it.

Maybe if they make the halo 2 remake they could put the content with it.

my only real issue was the online required content. Spartan ops and terminals specifically. offline, the game gets old. Online, I have a blast.

I know Halo is an online game made for xbox live, but i have been playing halo for a long time now and love the story and universe. Bungie really did a good job with extra content like adding firefight, custom games, forge. 343 removed firefight, replaced it with an online gold required content, they destroyed 'custom' games customisable option, and made forge too small.I just watched a YouTube video showing all the terminals, I just found all of them in the campaign too.

• Like 1

Best I can tell (and I haven't done much experimenting), Spartan Ops chapters/episodes are actually streamed content. The maps and char/object models are already on disk, but the videos, cutscenes, and mission scripting are downloaded when a mission is initiated. If that is the case, then it's not actually be possible to play Ops without an internet connection, because the necessary mission data can't be accessed. In short: Spartan Ops is not entirely "on-disc." This sort of setup would save hard drive space, and partially explain why Ops maps are reused so much. Just a theory though.

Even if this is the case, it does seem a bit unfair that a Gold membership would be required to access the content. Spartan Ops is a lot of fun. I wouldn't call it a substitute for Firefight, but it is certainly distinguishable from the Campaign in a way that adds replay value. I agree with Josh X574; Halo 4's offline content can get kinda stale. I bet 343i could reach a larger audience by extending Ops at least to XBL Silver members. Maybe Ops could be made downloadable to a USB flash drive, which could then be transferred to the X360. Some folks may not have their console connected to the internet, but I imagine nearly everyone can access the internet from a computer nowadays. Or, each season could be sold on a disk. Or several seasons on one disk. I have no idea how much memory that would require. Definitely a neat idea though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

a cost effective idea would be to make the episodes downloadable for Gold members via the xbox marketplace. charge $5 per episode or something like that then if people wanna waste all their memory to play an episode, they can. this would also mean only one person in a household would need a Gold membership cuz they could download it and all could play. i'm sure once the first season is done (still have the second half of the season starting on jan 19th) they will do something like put it on a disc or downloadable. i think they are trying to drive people toward their content and then once the content is finished, they will release it for every1.

The subscription is very cheap. Hell, my friend was given two extra "gold" cards (13 months in total) and gave them both to me because he was bored of H4 already. I think they are 50 bucks for an entire year at Target. I have two cards sitting on their arse so I can say first hand subscriptions are simple to get. In truth I'd rather it remain on Gold and not invite an influx of others to sit in and idle games (as I have read is a norm now much like FF in Reach).

• 1 year later...

whats with non gold people? you own an xbox, you got the game, a TV, i mean your not poor - pay the 60 friggin dollars

I find people like you annoying. Not everyone likes gaming online. I bet there many who buy games like halo just to play the campaign, and any extension to the campaigns are always welcome. whatever game that might be.

what is not welcome is being asked to pay a subscription just to play missions that are essential an extension of the single player experience with online features tacked on. what's worse is when the content is already the disc(s) that you have purchased.

so the question is, why would i pay for something I already bought that extends the single player part of the game? what happens if you want to replay the new missions later on? you gotta buy more xbl gold time to play them again and this will be continue each time you want to replay them as you have no interest in the online stuff.

it's a waste of money.

sorry i meant "essentially".  no edit button?