Make Spartan Ops available for offline people, & non gold people

uberseven

343 should make Spartan ops available for offline players. They could sell multiple seasons of it, although the first season is free I would still pay for it, allowing Spartan ops as add on content which is sold at gamming stores. The content shouldn’t be installed into your hard drive like Halo 4’s disk 2; it should be like what Bungie did with Halo 3: ODST’s multiplayer disc.343 should make Spartan ops available for offline players. They could sell multiple seasons of it, although the first season is free I would still pay for it, allowing Spartan ops as add on content would benefit gamming stores. The content shouldn’t be installed into your hard drive like Halo 4’s disk 2; it should be like what Bungie did with Halo 3: ODST’s multiplayer disc.

• Like 4

they could offer the seasons offline once they are completed on xbox live. you don't have to be a gold member to purchase content from the marketplace. sounds like a good business idea. it will be like buying an extra offline campaign and since its already available for xbox live subscribers, it wouldn't be hard to adapt it to downloadable content while reaping profit.

• Like 2

343 should make Spartan ops available for offline players. They could sell multiple seasons of it, although the first season is free I would still pay for it, allowing Spartan ops as add on content which is sold at gamming stores. The content shouldn’t be installed into your hard drive like Halo 4’s disk 2; it should be like what Bungie did with Halo 3: ODST’s multiplayer disc.343 should make Spartan ops available for offline players. They could sell multiple seasons of it, although the first season is free I would still pay for it, allowing Spartan ops as add on content would benefit gamming stores. The content shouldn’t be installed into your hard drive like Halo 4’s disk 2; it should be like what Bungie did with Halo 3: ODST’s multiplayer disc.

COMPLETELY AGREE!!!

• Like 1

I essentially made an account to reply to this one post and this one post only.

The way that the Spartan Ops is set out actually sickens me, I payed the full 69$ for the god damn game and I want the god damn Spartan Ops that should have been on the disc. I have played Halo since the first one when i was a kid and have bought every halo game exept for aniversary since I still have my Halo Combat Evolved disc+Original Xbox.

I have never payed for X live and I sure as hell wont pay for a service every single other platform, even Origin provides for free. The one thing that has had me stuck to Xbox is Halo 4 and with this one, I just feel the devs have bent offline players over, hopefully I'm not the only one. A 9 hour campaign and local Multiplayer is not what I bought the game for, the campaign is flimsy and feels light and fluffy (not in a good way) and what I have seen of MP, dont even feel like Halo anymore.

TL;DR~ 50% of the game requires you to be online and pay for XBL...bad decsion when there are gaming platforms out there that can offer the same for free, Spartan Ops should have already been on the disc and unlocked, if 343 dosn't pick up there game for offline users, I wont be buying the next Halo unless they bring Bungie back

• Like 1

The way that the Spartan Ops is set out actually sickens me, I payed the full 69$ for the god damn game and I want the god damn Spartan Ops that should have been on the disc. I have played Halo since the first one when i was a kid and have bought every halo game exept for aniversary since I still have my Halo Combat Evolved disc+Original Xbox.

I have never payed for X live and I sure as hell wont pay for a service every single other platform, even Origin provides for free. The one thing that has had me stuck to Xbox is Halo 4 and with this one, I just feel the devs have bent offline players over, hopefully I'm not the only one. A 9 hour campaign and local Multiplayer is not what I bought the game for, the campaign is flimsy and feels light and fluffy (not in a good way) and what I have seen of MP, dont even feel like Halo anymore.

TL;DR~ 50% of the game requires you to be online and pay for XBL...bad decsion when there are gaming platforms out there that can offer the same for free, Spartan Ops should have already been on the disc and unlocked, if 343 dosn't pick up there game for offline users, I wont be buying the next Halo unless they bring Bungie back

i believe its M$, they love milkin great franchises

i believe its M$, they love milkin great franchises

I posted this...

"Okay, I will admit, I was so annoyed at the fact that the ON DISC SPARTAN OPS required you to pay for XBL gold. Okay, sure, say what you will about "Ermahgerd theres going to be more SO in the future from XBL!"

Hmm...yeah...uh, right okay then, does that then make it okay that the on disc stuff is actually locked until you are signed into a gold XBL account? Does it really? Also I DO believe that the cost of it was already factored into the purchase of the actual game. Thanks guys! I bought something that I COULD NOT USE.

Now, I do not doubt for a second that people will quite literally LEAP to the defense of Halo 4, cool. I'll just leave the sheep to their bleating, but what makes it okay, that the first season of SO is locked away on my disc? I seem to remember a certain game...hmm...Anyone remember the on disc Bioshock 2 DLC? That caused a fair amount of out-rage, whats the god damn difference here?

Honestly, I would not mind if the "DLC" had not been on the disc, but it is, I payed for this disc, why don't I get what I payed for when I bought the disc because I don't have XBL?

And no, why should I pay for XBL, when EVERY other single platform offers online for free."

on the Halo Waypoint forums...it lasted around 2 minutes, hmm. Yeah, I don't think they liked it

• Like 2

All i've taken from this thread is. "WAAAAH IM TOO MUCH OF A TIGHTARSE TO BUY GOLD AND NOW IM GONNA COMPLAIN EVERYWHERE I CAN WAAAHSHDGdgh"

If you think £3 a month is expensive, never start smoking, or have kids, or get a house, or a car..basically never do anything that involved spending money if you can't afford £3 a month. -.-

Wait a few months till all the Spartan Ops are out, use your 14 day gold trial that came with Halo 4 (i got one in my case i assume everyone did) and enter that code, bam, you have 14 days to play all the Spartan Ops :)

343i r in discussion for it to be on disc-base

Good, that will make halo a little better. They should add some dlc's with it, like a forge update and a campaign update so that you can get exp while playing (so hard getting exp offline).

Good

Wait a few months till all the Spartan Ops are out, use your 14 day gold trial that came with Halo 4 (i got one in my case i assume everyone did) and enter that code, bam, you have 14 days to play all the Spartan Ops :)

What if you want to play it again?

• Like 1

All i've taken from this thread is. "WAAAAH IM TOO MUCH OF A TIGHTARSE TO BUY GOLD AND NOW IM GONNA COMPLAIN EVERYWHERE I CAN WAAAHSHDGdgh"

If you think £3 a month is expensive, never start smoking, or have kids, or get a house, or a car..basically never do anything that involved spending money if you can't afford £3 a month. -.-

Bwaha. Yeah about that. Maybe he already DOES all of those things. Did you think about that? People that are inconsiderate in such a form as this disapoint me severly, and also disgust me. There are many people out there that only make enough money to support their family and to get gas for their car and only have enough for that and that alone and cant afford anything else. Id like to see any kind of rebutling remark to that, I honestly would because I bet that 80% of the people reading this agrees with me or are in that kind of situation. Not everyone has money pockets, people need to realize that.

• Like 2

... Really guys? Spartan Ops was listed as Multiplayer from the very second it was announced, and the fact that they add a new Episode EVERY week without needing to patch/download is pretty nice. The fact that it requires an Xbox Live Gold account should not come as a surprise, as EVERYTHING that has online multiplayer requires XBL Gold to play said Online Multiplayer Content.

For once I'm gonna side with the "Big Bad Evil Company" and say just pay for Xbox Live Gold. It's not that expensive. And to all of the people who complain that it's the only one that has a required subscription for Online Multiplayer, keep in mind they've also been the only consistently stable Online Service for the three consoles. PSN was terrible for the first two or three years, and don't even get me started on how terrible Nintendo's services have been (Maybe that'll change with with WiiU, but so far I doubt they've not tried anything to really improve it, as they're still prioritizing their games for in home Multiplayer, not Online Multiplayer).

So, in summation: Buy Xbox Live Gold Membership - Enjoy playing Spartan Ops!

Wow...so that fact that content is already on the disc but cannot be accessed without xbox live gold is supposed to be a good thing? Making spartan ops available offline is only a good thing for all players so I don't see why players are trying to defend the devs and make it online only when it can be online + offline lol. So, people who just say "buy xbox live is sooo cheap" are merely saying, "we support that you must pay more money to access DLC already on disc. We want to pay more money" or alternatively "we are selfish and want MOAR benefits for buying xbox live".

So in a couple of years time when xbox live goes down and you wanna play spartan ops, uh oh, no xbox live = no spartan ops. And believe it or not, not everyone is perpetually connected to the internet.

I cannot see a reason why people are arguing against adding spartan ops offline. Totally senseless :facepalm: why would you argue against the addition of the new features? WTF?

please read my post above, so I have to pay an extra $60 PER YEAR ontop of the cost of the game already just to access spartan ops? And even then spartan ops will only last as long as xbox live lasts on the 360....

Again I can't see why any player would not want to see this offline playable. Whether I'm a gold or non gold person is beside the point, I still want to see it playable offline regardless.

• Like 2

I agree with the OP. I can't play it offline which kind of blows.

Whoa calm down dude. You try fitting all of that on two discs within a reasonable amount of time.
  • Like 1

whats with non gold people? you own an xbox, you got the game, a TV, i mean your not poor - pay the 60 friggin dollars

I'm not poor I bought a friggin' PS3 to play online. The price I paid my PS3 wouldn't even afford 3 yrs of XBL Gold. Screw M$. I was gonna get Halo 4 but I can now live without. 60 $ a year is too much money for a service that should be included, period

M$ is changing for the worst, this is how I envision the future of Xbox ever since learning Spartan Ops is only playable online:

post-47163-0-95618500-1353552905.gif

Say what you may, it's a small gesture but it speaks very loud and clear about the direction of M$ is taking and it makes me want to run the opposite way.

• Like 1

I have Gold, so right now, this isn't too big an issue, but I wanted to play with some friends and family in Spartan Ops the other day, and realized that we couldn't as they aren't Gold and it ticked me off.

It's kind of silly not to have this available as an offline option. Allow Gold members to download episodes which can then be played on that specific system or allow Silver members to buy it and download it.

• Like 2

I have Gold, so right now, this isn't too big an issue, but I wanted to play with some friends and family in Spartan Ops the other day, and realized that we couldn't as they aren't Gold and it ticked me off.

It's kind of silly not to have this available as an offline option. Allow Gold members to download episodes which can then be played on that specific system or allow Silver members to buy it and download it.

I was going to play with my brother and my friends system link.

No offline mode for Spartan Ops is a HUGE disappointment.

I am not too cheap to buy Xbox live, but I live in a rural area with only satellite access available. Xbox live is wasted on me.

I have 3 Xboxes and I bought 3 copies of Halo 4, just like I had with Halo 3, ODST and Reach because I expected to play with my brothers over system link. I would pay for DLC Spartan Ops missions. But instead, 343i has made it impossible for loyal customers in my situation to enjoy this part of the game. I guess they don't want my money...

We are loading up Reach now, because we miss Firefight.

• Like 2