Cortana's Faith ***spoilers***

X Spartankiller

I just wanna know ask do you guys think Cortana died, I mean I know she told him that they would give him a new AI but I mean really that's Cortana or do you think she is in the forerunner system now and will make a return. One thing I like was when she saved chief the didactic was like you do this humanity and you are wrong and she says I'm not doing it for humanity, cause she was doing for chief. So my question is do y'all think she really died?

I Don't think so how can data die? Shes an AI Maybe she is in some forerunner network Cortana said that when you kill the knights the explosions are actually data so maybe there is a way to recover the chip because the console it was in exploded in that fashion but above all else Chief promised he'd save her... and i hear he keeps those. but Idk i hope she comes back in later games

Actually, she just vanished while walking back, so it could be that she's still somewhere in space in particles and not literally gone.

They said that Halo 5 will be a bit darker than the other ones, but we will see.

I hope they will bring her back in Halo 5 or 6.

I agree with the previous comment. Cortana never really did "die" she was breaking down and since data can't die she could still be around. In the last scene we saw her walk back and fade but we never did see her die like sergeant johnson. The diadact did fall into that death ray thing but we also never saw him die either. If the librarian gave Chief the ability to resist the death ray don't you think the diadact would also be smart enough to do the same to himself?

• Like 1

I saw the Librarian scene as the start of how they are going to explain bringing her back. The librarian, knowing the Didac isn't dead or won't be killed that easily, will repair her and upgrade her to help her "unlocked" M.C. He might get a new partner in the second game only to get Cortana back at some point later. Or the Librian just gives her a body after cracking the digital to biological code and making it work, and they go make tough, brilliant, solder babies together.

• Like 2

I saw the Librarian scene as the start of how they are going to explain bringing her back. The librarian, knowing the Didac isn't dead or won't be killed that easily, will repair her and upgrade her to help her "unlocked" M.C. He might get a new partner in the second game only to get Cortana back at some point later. Or the Librian just gives her a body after cracking the digital to biological code and making it work, and they go make tough, brilliant, solder babies together.

where did you see that?

What adml_shake said!

How the forerunners make living things digitised I think that they will somehow crack how to de-digitise things. How the librarian said she planted seeds in the human race and that it was no cpincidence thst the chief and cortana were where they were....

Cortana better come back. The game and story are nothing without her. It'll make the next game bad without her

I can swallow the fact that they won't bring her back in the 5th game but I really hope they will bring her back in the 6th even if it's just for a second at the ending cutscene. like MC will find the human form of cortana and she will say "you found me" like she did in the previous halo. 343 is most likely going to play this out into some big finale and they might take some route like this one.

where did you see that?

What do you mean where did I see that? It was where the cut scene where the Librarian was talking to M.C. they made a point of talking about how the Forerunners had been able to convert physical people to digital constructs, but hadn't mastered going the other way. Though this is a copy of the Librarian, theres nothing to say that she couldn't have been working on this over the time she spent on Requiem.

What do you mean where did I see that? It was where the cut scene where the Librarian was talking to M.C. they made a point of talking about how the Forerunners had been able to convert physical people to digital constructs, but hadn't mastered going the other way. Though this is a copy of the Librarian, theres nothing to say that she couldn't have been working on this over the time she spent on Requiem.

ohhh ok i must have missed that. I usually put subtitles on cutscenes like that so I know what's going on. i just skipped ahead and watched the cutscenes on yt. However that is true though that she could have been working on how to go the other way.

ohhh ok i must have missed that. I usually put subtitles on cutscenes like that so I know what's going on. i just skipped ahead and watched the cutscenes on yt. However that is true though that she could have been working on how to go the other way.

Well one of the things that made me think that was in the videos you find in Halo C.E. Anv Edition was Guilty Spark talking about all the experements he had been programed to do over the Eons he was alone. Made me wonder what the other rings were doing, and if the Librarian wans't recieving the results herself or just working on the problem.

Well one of the things that made me think that was in the videos you find in Halo C.E. Anv Edition was Guilty Spark talking about all the experements he had been programed to do over the Eons he was alone. Made me wonder what the other rings were doing, and if the Librarian wans't recieving the results herself or just working on the problem.

That's a good point and perhaps the librarian was able to unlock tier 0 and she is able to revive cortana into human form.

In the epilogue, a few marines are shown getting off of a pelican in New Phoenix, the city that the Composer fried. They're shown scanning for something in the wreckage, and we see purple lights floating around. When Cortana said that the rest of her was "down there," could that be what she meant?

It seemed like a pretty random scene to throw into the epilogue if it wasn't meant to hint at something.

In the epilogue, a few marines are shown getting off of a pelican in New Phoenix, the city that the Composer fried. They're shown scanning for something in the wreckage, and we see purple lights floating around. When Cortana said that the rest of her was "down there," could that be what she meant?

It seemed like a pretty random scene to throw into the epilogue if it wasn't meant to hint at something.

When she said "down there", I thought she meant on the hard-light bridge...

When she said "down there", I thought she meant on the hard-light bridge...

To be honest, a lot of the ending was a little bit confusing to me. How exactly did Cortana protect Chief from the blast? And how did she suddenly become corporeal to touch Chief? Furthermore, how was she able to actually physically restrain the Didact? I felt like it was all a little bit too much space-magic.

To be honest, a lot of the ending was a little bit confusing to me. How exactly did Cortana protect Chief from the blast? And how did she suddenly become corporeal to touch Chief? Furthermore, how was she able to actually physically restrain the Didact? I felt like it was all a little bit too much space-magic.

Will probably be explained in the next game.

I'm guessing that since she created that hard-light bridge with her "shed rampant strands", she could manipulate it in to any degree that she wanted to (A.I.s are very very smart).

I think that will be the part to make us curious for what will happen in Halo 5, like in Halo 3 after the credits you see the Dawn drifting at "a misterious planet" that we now know as Requiem