disappointing halo 4 multiplayer

ghetto0783

reasons why i think halo 4 multiplayer sucks

> no power weapon timing/control since its just pointed out in the map or ordinance

>all the precision weapon practice from halo 2 to reach gets shut down EASY with an AR

>T-bagging is pretty much gone which was a tactic in itself as well as a notorius yet traditional part of the halos

>very less work is needed to kill because of many 1 hit kill weapons

>how is it an even playing field when 1 person can have faster reload/weapon change and somone else scavenge many nades which can give a great edge to a team depending on the map.

yes i am butthurt/nerdraging, but i feel pretty strong about this, i wanna get peoples thoughts on this coz i feel pretty alone with lotta people saying halo 4 multi is the best thing yet.

• Like 2

I don't know what world your on, but ar's suck at stopping the other rifles. I always have to use the scoped rifles now because thats the only solution i see to combat it after many failed attempts using a ar.

It reminds me of Halo 3 though, so im alright with it. Just alittle mad about the unlocking stuff by comendation, but i guess Reach made me used to collecting credits for armor.

I agree, maybe not with most of your points but some. i find that when playing i do not feel the same drive to explore like i did before. what i mean by this is that when a game starts i have no reason to leave my spawn point other then to run straigh into the enemy. before in previous halos there were static weapon locations that gave players that need to leave the safety of there spawn to venture forth and get the powerful weapons before the other team could. unlike now the weapons for slayer are random due to the "orbital drop" system, which i find pretty lame. i find myself not even looking for weapons and just runnning arround useing my loadout primary most of the time. the loadout system for halo is not bad. just that the inital ability to have a long range weapon is some what crazy. there is no balance of power. when i spawn i find myself running 10 feet then being shot by a dmr, carbine, bmr, etc..

close range weapons seem to mean nothing and i find that in most cases there is no point to use a shotgun becasue it is almost impossible to get that close to another player becasue of all the long range weaponary flying my way due to the loadout.

also, seriously? why would they remove objective based Big Team Battle? thats so lame. i miss being able to play a 8vs8 CTF or Bomb (which what removed by the way) i actually hated the BBT Slayer. in realtion to this, i tryed to play a CTF for 5vs5 but i found myself just pissed off because there was a banshee, mantis and a worthog running arround killing everything. then once the other team stole our banshee there were two. the blanace for vehicles needs to be portionate to the ammount of plays in the game. right off the bat a Mantis in a 5vs5 game is stupid. allong with that, the banshee bomb is way to over powered vs vehicles. put both the mantis and the banshee togeather and its impossible to make a successful 5vs5 CTF game work. once one team has lost there mantis and banshee the game is pretty much over for them becasue they couldn't spawn fast enough. also, due to the non-defult weapon layouts, with all these power vehicles everywhere i have no idea where to get a weapons to stop them. so im blindly running arround tryinig to find an orbital drop that i can use to stop them. but thats only a random chance that i find a weapon. in previous game i knew where i could go to get a weapon needed for a certin task i wanted to do and if that weapon was being guarded, there was a vulnerability assoicated with that location that made guarding it risky. take the Spartan Laser placement in the old vahalla map. if someone tryed to guard it, the vulneribility was that they were open to fire from all sides becasue they were on a hill in the middle of the map. see my point? there is no balance when vehicles are in the mix.

so points made:

>remove long range weaponary from loadouts (dmr, bmr, carbine or make then less accurate at longer distances)

>add back objective based Big Team Battle

>bring back defult MAP weapon layouts

>bring back bomb

>more balanced vehicle plancements for smaller games

>somthing not really spoken on, but small radar ranges.

I don't know what world your on, but ar's suck at stopping the other rifles. I always have to use the scoped rifles now because thats the only solution i see to combat it after many failed attempts using a ar.

It reminds me of Halo 3 though, so im alright with it. Just alittle mad about the unlocking stuff by comendation, but i guess Reach made me used to collecting credits for armor.

no way the halo 3 AR is like the AR in 4, beating an AR with a BR in halo 3 was soooooo easy, but in 4 they made the up to par with the precision rifles which makes the efforts of pacing ur shots/aiming for the head at the last shot/ strafing kind of useless if the other person has a halo 4 AR

so points made:

>remove long range weaponary from loadouts (dmr, bmr, carbine or make then less accurate at longer distances)

>bring back bomb

>more balanced vehicle plancements for smaller games

>somthing not really spoken on, but small radar ranges.

well i heard 343 was gonna bring team doubles with an update of some sort so i think ull get back ur objective big team and other gametypes, and yeah i do agree with the whole not exploring as much for the power weapons and this really bugs me. I also definitely agree with the bring back default map weapons and i do like the balance of vehicle placements. and i guess the radar thing is maybe compensated by the Promethean vision.

I think im complaining more on the removal of some of the competitive aspects soooo im not really sure about the " remove long range weaponry " coz i think on a competetive level thats how u distinguish between a good and bad player

Its a ******* machine gun, it's made for close range. It finally has the balls it deserved. The Assault Rifle in Halo 4 reminds me of the Halo CE Assault Rifle, good for more than just melee.

why should it deserve balls when its so easy to use? i think its lack of balls was the trade off for making it easy to use, and the difficulty of pulling off great shots whilst moving correctly on dmr/br was made up for its balls.

I agree with all of your points except maybe the power weapons being shown on the map. I timed them in past games, but i expect you still can, and if you do show up at the spawn on the timer, it takes 5-10 secs before they highlight on the map... so no biggie there.

also mfw i grab the rocket launcher off the spawn and get headsniped instantly from someones rediculous assist spree driven ordinance drop...

Everyone starting with DMR/BR long range weapons makes map strategy and counterweapons basically useless. Especially wtih the reduced bloom, theres no real skill involved.

map control gone

weapon/counter weapon strategies gone

power weapons for everyone all the time...

they really need to make adjustments to this game quick.

Forgot to add (somewhat related) about the matchmaking process

-The matchmaking process takes forever (on east coast USA)

-why are everyones names listed sideways...?

-takes forever to look at any one persons stats, forget about the whole lobby

-when you stay in a lobby after the game ends, 90% of the time the next game starts with 3 people on one team, and 1 person on the other

-can't change your map vote, and can't friggin leave the game if you vote? wtf.

Hey I hate to be so negative but I need a place to rant. I've been a better than average player at every other Halo game (usually with a K/D of 1.33--I'm not bragging because I know it isn't that impressive, but I'm just giving a point of reference) but I suck at this one. I seem to be coming up short in all of the DMR/BR battles and I can't understand why. Does anyone have any advice on this? Also I feel that the maps generally have way too much cover. It seems very rare to be able to encounter a player and be able to take him on one on one because he will inevitably move 5 feet to the nearest cover and hide. They wanted to make a modern warfare style game where the players all camp and hide and it seems they succeeded.

lol this is good ****

and yes i agree with this cause it seems more like CoD based game type like instant spawn or ordinance drop. Also the ordinance drop thing gives one team like 4 or 5 snipers which leads to camping a pwn lol.

point made:

>more balanced vehicle dam warthogs are not flexible like reach or Halo3 it's like you run over a small rock and the warthogs flips

>no long range weapon for ordinance

Last please don't try to copy CoD(like the fast game..instant spawn or kill cam)..it's a crappy game, keep it traditional like Halo3 or reach

Assault Rifle is a lot more like HALO CE rifle, and it should be as strong as it is. Its a close range-short medium range weapon. It can strong stopping power like other rifles to choose from. Its your flavor anyway of how you want to play. A DMR will out do any AR if they are running from a distance. Its just how tools are used.

I think its great how weapon spawns have changed, they have finally made it so the people you play with arent killing your/or you killing them to get a weapon they/you want. It was a major problem for a long time. This new style creates a new strategic go at the game, and people have to work for that power weapon or powerup. The weapons from odinance dont disapoint. Reach was horrid and they finally found a great formula for a new generation of HALO. Thats just my opinion tho

-why are everyones names listed sideways...?

-takes forever to look at any one persons stats, forget about the whole lobby

-when you stay in a lobby after the game ends, 90% of the time the next game starts with 3 people on one team, and 1 person on the other

-can't change your map vote, and can't friggin leave the game if you vote? wtf.

Yup, they totally clusterf*cked the pre-game layout from reach. Why totally change a good thing? 343 needs some of their money back from whatever they paid some of these guys on these interfaces.

What Halo needed to get back was balance. With different weapons having different purposes and armor abilities being less powerful (except maybe promethean vision) I think Halo 4 has achieved that balance. The weapon spawn argument can go both ways. One teammate could be close to the spawn and pick it up or it could produce some great battles between both teams but it also eliminates the advantage of others timing weapon spawns so overall I think that is a good change. Maybe Halo could use some very minor nerfing of some guns and make grenades more powerful but the only thing I really wish Halo would change is to implement the indicator over the head of my teammates. It's very important to know when I need to help a nearby teammate or kill the enemy he had one shot.

Also, 343 needs to come out with some smaller more fast paced battle-oriented maps like Haven and not so many big maps where there's no gunfire for long periods of time. Small, symmetrical maps play the absolute best.

• Like 1

reasons why i think halo 4 multiplayer sucks

> no power weapon timing/control since its just pointed out in the map or ordinance

>all the precision weapon practice from halo 2 to reach gets shut down EASY with an AR

>T-bagging is pretty much gone which was a tactic in itself as well as a notorius yet traditional part of the halos

>very less work is needed to kill because of many 1 hit kill weapons

>how is it an even playing field when 1 person can have faster reload/weapon change and somone else scavenge many nades which can give a great edge to a team depending on the map.

yes i am butthurt/nerdraging, but i feel pretty strong about this, i wanna get peoples thoughts on this coz i feel pretty alone with lotta people saying halo 4 multi is the best thing yet.

Halo 4 is **** because they dont have a mode with weapons on the map where you start with ONLY assault rifles and pistols like on older halos AKA the only reason i even bothered to buy halo 4.....what a let down 343 seriously....

Well im out of words and very mad by now, its been a week of playing halo 4. plain simple, i dont have fun playing multiplayer, i dont see the point, there is no stradegy, the weapons are to powerful, wtf, people dont t bag because there is no time, why did they do this to halo? i started playing halo reach again and halo 3, oh seriously a secondary weapon that can kill you in 1 shot? who had that idea? i been playing halo for now like 10 years? i dont even remember since its been so long, i know the guns, the stradegies, how to and how not to, but this halo 2 multiplayer makes me just mad, even if my team wins, the way the gameplay is very different to the other halos, and like i said before, i can play 1 or 2 maches but after that its just not fun to see how actually bad the whole thing is. god dam it, halo 4 was suppost to be good, this sucks bad ;(

Assault Rifle is a lot more like HALO CE rifle, and it should be as strong as it is. Its a close range-short medium range weapon. It can strong stopping power like other rifles to choose from. Its your flavor anyway of how you want to play. A DMR will out do any AR if they are running from a distance. Its just how tools are used.

I think its great how weapon spawns have changed, they have finally made it so the people you play with arent killing your/or you killing them to get a weapon they/you want. It was a major problem for a long time. This new style creates a new strategic go at the game, and people have to work for that power weapon or powerup. The weapons from odinance dont disapoint. Reach was horrid and they finally found a great formula for a new generation of HALO. Thats just my opinion tho

The AR is easy to use but i because of its ease of use should be weak, putting it on par with DMR or BR is like 343 telling me " yeah stuff your years of practice with pacing/leading your shots and strafing, this guy with the AR can just run at you", I think that the balance should be AR= easy to use, weaker whilst DMR/BR harder to use, stronger.

I disagree, but at the same time nothing can be perfect. I just wish they'd add a gametype where the match is like Battlefield 3 and I can plan out long strategies with my friends.

yes nothing is perfect i guess every halo except halo 4 had its minor issues but still felt like halo, 343 steered so far away from the bungie halos

lol, really what good is an ar?

i cant belive u put that in their, br and all those weapons are over powered.

an AR is good close to mid range, its also good for beginners before they progress to precision weapons and figure out how to move right and how to shoot DMRs and BRs. Again its easy to use but the drawback must be its weak dmg

Well im out of words and very mad by now, its been a week of playing halo 4. plain simple, i dont have fun playing multiplayer, i dont see the point, there is no stradegy, the weapons are to powerful, wtf, people dont t bag because there is no time, why did they do this to halo? i started playing halo reach again and halo 3, oh seriously a secondary weapon that can kill you in 1 shot? who had that idea? i been playing halo for now like 10 years? i dont even remember since its been so long, i know the guns, the stradegies, how to and how not to, but this halo 2 multiplayer makes me just mad, even if my team wins, the way the gameplay is very different to the other halos, and like i said before, i can play 1 or 2 maches but after that its just not fun to see how actually bad the whole thing is. god dam it, halo 4 was suppost to be good, this sucks bad ;(

i have never been this upset about a halo game, ive played 1 , 3 (the reason i bought a 360) and Reach. I actually sold the game for 9 dollars below the bought price a few days after the game's release

Then please, just leave the community forums. If you hate the game, stop being a part of it and making it hard for everyone who does enjoy the game.

And you must have started playing Halo when you were around four or five if you've been playing for ten years, because judging by your grammar, you can't be older than fourteen. It's spelled "strategy", not "stradegy".

And the game is pretty fantastic.

• Like 1

I like it. I don't mind the infinite sprint, loadouts, Armor abilities, etc. But just the way people always seem to show up and shoot me when I'm facing away. I hate the spawns... SWAT on Adrift is a joke. The ordinance drops always give me useless weapons and my enemies Binary Rifles and sniper rifles. Ragnarok is ALWAYS chosen because people are already familiar with it and people love camping around the fallen Pelican. The Mantis isn't game busting but it's an annoyance because it just forces the team to hide on their side of the hill.

The Halo 4 Assault Rifle is just a short ranged weapon. Don't attempt to use a DMR against an AR at close range. Simple as that. It always was like that.

Oh and the pre-game lobby sucks... No full sized Spartan view like in Reach, a really small emblem, with the large image obscured by the Spartan...