Mid-game join ins

ptrack

The idea of people joining in a game whenever is good in the sense that it speeds up matchmaking, but personally, I like playing games from start to finish. I also feel like this concept promotes players who are doing poorly to quit out of the game they're losing and join another in hopes of winning without hardly contributing to the win.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't really have anything wrong with this concept, but would it be possible that you guys at 343 can update Halo 4 making it where mid-game join ins is a preference you can turn off and on? Like I said, and I'm sure i speak for other players, games from start to finish always feel the most rewarding.

Who agrees? Who doesn't?

I agree with this. Personally, I don't really enjoy joining mid-game even though it is to speed up matchmaking. I also like playing a game from start to finish just like you said. Sometimes you'll join a game and it's already finished, you didn't do anything at all, just wasted time waiting for players just to end up in a game that's near completion.

Unfortunately, I don't think they would make mid-game join ins an "on and off" button. I'm not really sure how it would work though.. If you're talking about matchmaking it wouldn't make much sense to me because if you could just adjust mid-join options you'd pretty much be hosting a lobby. They wouldn't give a player the right to change the options in matchmaking.