For me, the thing that makes Halo what it is is the storyline that follows Master Chief and Cortana. While Halo Reach and Halo 3 ODST were enjoyable, they don't have the same value as Halo 1-4. Firthermore, in Halo 3 when Master Chief and cortana are seperated it just felt empty. With that in mind, I am anxious for Halo 5 to see if Cortana is brought back because without her Master Chief is just like any other Spartan except for being more skilled and lucky.

• Like 2

For those who haven't completed the game.. I'll just add my own spoiler.

I'm hoping they will be brought back together but I feel that if they were brought back together in Halo 5 it would just be like she never had left at all. It wouldn't really feel like she was ever gone in the first place. It would be like seeing your girlfriend after you just broke up with her, it'd be weird. I think they will do something with Cortana again, just not in the next Halo. That's my personal opinion at least.

But come on now, let's not talk about another Halo just yet. Let's enjoy this game for all the glory it has to offer. The game just came out so it feels strange talking about what's already to come. I mean we may not see another Halo for another year or two.

Chief and Cortana is honestly the only bond in a game that's unique. In other games the AI's that you're a companion of just get annoying and in your way. They're never really there. Cortana is a part of Chief. Without her it's not the same game anymore... Big no no on 343's part.

We've got the exact same thought. The least the humans could've done would be to make a backup file of Cortana... If they don't revive her, I won't buy the new Xbox or Halo 5.
  • Like 1

We've got the exact same thought. The least the humans could've done would be to make a backup file of Cortana... If they don't revive her, I won't buy the new Xbox or Halo 5.

They already have a base-matrix for Cortana, so it IS possible. Two flash-cloned brains survived, remember? I just hope that they reintroduce Cortana in Halo 5, but at the end. This would allow for the struggle to save her and prevent the newest uprising that neither bungie nor 343i accounted for- the precursors/ original gravemind/ forerunner AI, such as the Bias tripartate. The only question is if 343i will stay LOYAL to the franchise. I could understand SOME deviation, for this is impossible to avoid, and could lead to canon "Cortana Moments" and a chance to see chief without Cortana. HOWEVER, Cortana MUST BE RECOVERED BY THE END OF HALO 5.

• Like 1

Honestly if halo 5 is missing Cortana, I'll probebly still buy it just because I'm intested in the story of Masterchief, but I will miss Cortana. Honestly I really only hope that her whole "death" scene in halo 4 was for dramatic event and 343 has some crazy idea up their sleeves to get her back. I couldn't imagine halo ever being as fun and captivating without Cortana...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Herd 2 theories regarding cortana,

1.the fact that we heard that evil guys voice at the end, (forgot his name), tells us that there is a possibility he could still be alive and he could use the last remaining data of cortana against the master chief and the unsc in the upcoming halos. <-- the theory i hope isnt true, with the choice of either bringing her back to the good side or killing her in the final halo.

2.that composer apparently turns organic matter into artificial matter, according to the librarian, so is there a possibility that it could be reversed and cortana could become organic human matter by the end of the 6, <---- the theory i hope, so master chief and cortana can get in on after what has been 11 years of tension, haha,

• Like 2

I feel that we should simply let 343 do their jobs. They did awesome with Halo 4, why must we speculate this early? The only thing I would want for H5 would be some improvements to physics and graphics, even if we had to wait longer, so that H5 would be dedicatied for the next-gen xbox.

I agree if they kill off cortana like that then I will not buy Halo 5, to me Halo died after Halo 3, I mean I like halo 4, but I hated the ending. I wish they would use more of the halo books, like the book Halo: First Strike, Halo Reach should have been more like that book. Spartan III were not even made at that time, the Spartan II were just starting to make a name for themselves so that game screwed up the story. I also thought Cortana found a way to not go rampant in Halo: First Strike she took software from a covenant A.I so I do not understand why she still goes rampant. If I was Cortana I would ask "The Librarian" how the Forerunner A.I can live so long.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For me, the thing that makes Halo what it is is the storyline that follows Master Chief and Cortana. While Halo Reach and Halo 3 ODST were enjoyable, they don't have the same value as Halo 1-4. Firthermore, in Halo 3 when Master Chief and cortana are seperated it just felt empty. With that in mind, I am anxious for Halo 5 to see if Cortana is brought back because without her Master Chief is just like any other Spartan except for being more skilled and lucky.

No way they already killed her. makes no sense, plus she said in the story they have saved back ups of her.

I agree if they kill off cortana like that then I will not buy Halo 5, to me Halo died after Halo 3, I mean I like halo 4, but I hated the ending. I wish they would use more of the halo books, like the book Halo: First Strike, Halo Reach should have been more like that book. Spartan III were not even made at that time, the Spartan II were just starting to make a name for themselves so that game screwed up the story. I also thought Cortana found a way to not go rampant in Halo: First Strike she took software from a covenant A.I so I do not understand why she still goes rampant. If I was Cortana I would ask "The Librarian" how the Forerunner A.I can live so long.

They did a good job of following the books. the books just follow a different set of spartans. just different points of view. and if they followed the books exactly then there would be no point in the readers playing the story line.

First of all, this trilogy is going to center around the chief closer to any degree previous Halo games ever had.

Second, point we are at now, we need to give more facetime to Chief's mind- in the games, not books that is. We literally have no idea what his vivid thoughts are to tell us. He certainly isn't thinking about Battle all the time when the game is finished.

• 1 month later...

The end really made me mad why would u kill her off u messed up big time 343 u were do great with everything until u kill her off cortania was part Of chief and you don't take that away if u don't bring her back halo 5 I will quit xbox all together and go to playstation and get everyone I know too dang u mess up

Why would that guy who raged about spoilers for Halo 4 be on a Halo 5 forum? Makes no sense.

Anyway, I do believe that Cortana will be back in Halo 5...but she won't be the same. We all wondered how Chief survived; I think the most logical theory is that Cortana converted herself into Hardlight to protect him from the blast. We know that she is a digital clone of Halsey, so Halsey can just make another Cortana. However, this doesn't guarantee that she will be the same AI we all know and love. But she is a computer program slightly less sophisticated (though more powerful) than a human, so hopefully she will turn out at least a bit the same--but that last part is just speculation.

Anyway, I think that she and Chief will be forced to work together to stop a terrible force (I'm thinking the Flood--I'm pretty sure there was another reason 343 put them into Halo 4). They will have to rebuild the relationship they technically never had. Oh, and Arby will be back :)

• Like 1

I agree with ForgeMonitor that cortana could come back as a blank model, cortana version II, and chief is hesitent to work with the copy of her, almost resenting that it tries to be his freind. Struggles and strife ensue leading to arguements and plot development and they become friends. Huge twist could be the original Cortana fins chief getting along with the new model, after she specificly said "remember it wont be me." This could possibly become a huge emotional conflict that turns chiefs "i only know how to defend and kill" brain to mush. Evil cortanas. Though I respect 343i's decision to with cortana. Was a twist worthy of halo, like finding keys in Halo CE as flood, or the death of Johnson in halo 3. They can continue the story in many different ways from that great cinematic ending

i agree that it'll be adifferent cortana. but 343 says that the game will be darker. i say that john gets into a deep depression and finds halsey. upon finding her heis still depressed about losing cortana and a copy being different than one of the riginal two. remember that it has been a few years since the original cortanas were made so she would e different . there would be plenty of conflict. thats what i believe.